Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed

3 posters

Go down

mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed Empty mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed

Post by lostyou Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:54 am

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — A woman whose 9-year-old daughter was kidnapped, raped and slashed to death in South Dakota 22 years ago is trying to raise money so she can attend the convicted killer's execution.

Tina Curl, who moved to Lake Luzerne, N.Y., shortly after Becky O'Connell's death in May 1990, said she's looking forward to hearing Donald Moeller make a snorting sound and watching him make one last gasp for air.

"He watched my daughter take her last breath. I want to watch him take his last breath," said Curl, 50. "I'm doing this for her and for me."

http://online.wsj.com/article/APe33d08bcf9f548f5bfc03f71ad9edbca.html

I don't know how I would feel or what I would do if someone murdered my daughter. I do know that if this is what this woman feels she needs to do, I support her.

lostyou
lostyou

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed Empty Re: mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed

Post by lostyou Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 am

Well, I screwed up the topic! If someone could edit to add "see" her daughters murderer be executed, that would be lovely!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed Empty Re: mom raising money to go see her daughters murderer get executed

Post by lostyou Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 am

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/victims-mom-raising-funds-1504949.html

Her daughters name was Becky O'Connell.
Did I mention they have a fund set up?
The Curls' donation fund is through the Hudson River Community Credit Union at 1-800-824-0700.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 am

more information on donating:
Donations can be made at the Hudson River Community Credit Union 312 Palmer Ave. Corinth, N.Y. 12822 by cash or money order or electronic transfer (NO CASH). Make money orders payable to: Rhonda Springer w/note: Justice for Becky. Routing# 221375132(Savings)

They are requesting no checks.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:34 am

September 5, 2012 9:18 AM

Mother of murdered girl, 9, raises money to attend killer's execution 1,400 miles from home

(CBS/AP) SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - A woman whose 9-year-old daughter was kidnapped, raped and slashed to death 22 years ago says she's raised enough money to attend convicted killer Donald Moeller's execution.

Tina Curl, who moved to Lake Luzerne, N.Y., shortly after Becky O'Connell's death in May 1990, appealed for help last month because she couldn't afford the 1,400-mile road trip to South Dakota.

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57505988-504083/mother-of-murdered-girl-9-raises-money-to-attend-killers-execution-1400-miles-from-home/?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Donald Moeller Execution: Tina Curl, NY woman, traveled 1,400 miles to watch daughter's killer die in S.D.

ByCrimesider StaffCBS News  October 31, 2012, 2:36 PM

(CBS/AP) SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -  Tina Curl, the mother of Becky O'Connell, was eager to see her daughter's killer executed Tuesday night. She traveled 1,400 miles from her New York home in order to see the execution in South Dakota State Penitentiary.

"I was right up to the glass," she told The Associated Press after the execution. "I wanted to see it up close."

Donald Moeller, 60, received a lethal injection as punishment for the 1990 kidnap, rape and killing of 8-year-old Becky.

Curl, who said Moeller's death brought her relief but not closure, was steadfast in her wish to watch Moeller die. She raised funds to cover her expenses to make the from her home in New York to Sioux Falls for the execution.

Read more:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-moeller-execution-tina-curl-ny-woman-traveled-1400-miles-to-watch-daughters-killer-die-in-sd/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Moving from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down