Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse

2 posters

Go down

Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse Empty Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse

Post by sitemama Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm

The DSS supervisor in Union County NC, Wanda Lawson and her husband, (who has a different last name) an ER nurse @ Union County Hospital have been charged with child abuse when police found one of their foster sons handcuffed to a rail on their front porch with a dead chicken tied around his neck.  They had several 'adopted' kids and this foster child chained in their home.  There is no record any of these kids have ever been enrolled in Union County schools.  I'm sorry I don't know how to embed the videos, and I just hope this link below works for you.  If it doesn't, if someone could go to wbtv.com and find the stories, I will certainly appreciate it.  There have been several stories since this child was found Friday.  The man is being held under a $500,000 bond and Wanda is being held under a $525,000 bond and the Union County sheriff said it will not be lowered.

www.wbtv.com/story/23985343/sheriff

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed topic name from Lawson to Larson)
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse Empty Re: Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse

Post by sitemama Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 pm

The state Department of Health and Human Services tells WBTV Larson's licensure to be a foster parent expired back in 2010.  Many thought she was a foster parent.  The state now says that is not the case.  The state issued this statement about their involvement.

"DHHS will examine processes and procedures," Director of the Division of Social Services Wayne Black said, "To ensure Union County's Child Welfare program adheres to proper standards and protocols."
Further update at the site below:

www.wbtv.com/story/24011252/sheriff

We think DSS is there to protect children, but now we are finding out that is not true. How did this woman get to 'adopt' 4 kids and foster another when she was not licensed to do so? This is a terrible story so far, and I'm afraid it is going to get much worse. This took place about 50 miles from where I live.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse Empty Re: Wanda Larson, DSS Supervisor, charged with Child Abuse

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 am

Larson receives up to 17 months in Union County child abuse case

March 31, 2015

MONROE

A former child protective services supervisor who admitted her role in the shocking abuse of a boy under her care was sentenced Tuesday in a deal that means she will be out of jail within a few weeks.

Wanda Sue Larson was sentenced in Union County Superior Court to a maximum of 17 months in jail. She already has spent about 161/2 months in jail since her November 2013 arrest.

...As part of the deal, Larson, 58, pleaded guilty to four child abuse-related charges that carried a maximum penalty of 37 months. She was sentenced to less than half of that. Two other felonies and several misdemeanor charges were dropped.

She also will be put on probation for 5 1/2 years, will undergo a mental health evaluation and is allowed no contact with the children while under court jurisdiction.

Read more:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article17004722.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 am

Moving from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down