Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters': Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09

4 posters

Go down

Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters':  Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09 Empty Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters': Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09

Post by Snaz Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:15 am

In case you are interested, the Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters' is doing a show tonight at 9:00 P.M. EST about duct tape.

I wonder if this particular episode was prompted by the Caylee Anthony case.......

Mythbusters
Discovery Channel
10-14-09
9:00 P.M. EST
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters':  Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09 Empty Re: Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters': Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09

Post by FystyAngel Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:19 am

Very interesting Snaz. Thanks for posting this. I love MythBusters, lol.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters':  Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09 Empty Re: Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters': Duct Tape Hour, 10-14-09

Post by Tracey6434 Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:13 am

Did anyone watch this? What was it about?
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:13 pm

I watched this show. What they proved was that duct tape is stronger and more durable, and the adhesive is stickier, than any of us probably ever realized. Some of the highlights I can remember:

- They made a 1" thick square and put it at the back end of a cannon and fired from it..... it withstood the test.

- They made a cannon out of duct tape and fired from it..... it withstood the test.

- The picked up a car using duct tape and discovered that the fabric gave way before the adhesive did.

- They also made a sail boat completely out of duct tape with the exception of the frame..... and it floated.

I couldn't help but think about poor little Caylee as I watched the show.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I watched as well. You're right Snaz, I couldn't help but think of Caylee through tout the who show. I even cried for a little while during the show. Each time the tape withstood their tests, brought more tears, just thinking of poor Caylee with this tape over her face. I don't know how long it takes for someone to suffocate but I pray that this little girl was already dead when KC put the tape on her face. Sad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm

fysty..

on average it takes about 3-4 minutes for a person to suffocate.. this is of course if they have adequate breath before their mouth is covered. In caylee's case however, do to her small stature, and inherit small lung volumes, i am sure that the process would occur much quicker.

i am sorry if this is upsetting, but i was just providing the info. It makes me ill to think about, but as an RT, it is kind of my specialty. I am with you though.. i PRAY That she was already unconscious when this happened, and didnt know what was happening to her, or WHO was doing it... Crying or Very sad
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down