Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan

Go down

Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan Empty Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan

On the evening of Sunday, May 24, 2009, five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan of Monroe, MI was playing outside on her scooter without parental supervision. A little girl came to the door to tell Nevaeh’s mother, Jennifer Buchanan, that Nevaeh was riding her scooter in the road. Jennifer went outside to tell Nevaeh to stay on the sidewalk, but just that quick, Nevaeh had vanished. A massive search got underway with no success. Roy Smith and George Kennedy, two sex offenders with ties to Jennifer Buchanan, were arrested almost immediately for being associated with a child, which was a violation of their probation.Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan Neviae10
Another person of interest, James Easter, was brought in for questioning on May 30th. He started burning things in his backyard within five minutes of returning home from the questioning, but was later cleared as a person of interest. He may have been cleared, but I still wonder why somebody would start burning things within five minutes of returning home from a police interview at five o’clock in the morning.

Nevaeh’s family held out hope that she was still alive during the eleven days she was missing, but on June 4th, fishermen Lowell Kirk and his stepson Guy Bickley discovered Nevaeh’s body buried by the Raisin River, covered by cement. An empty beer can and a cigarette butt found near the body were sent to the crime lab for testing. An autopsy showed that Nevaeh suffocated after inhaling dirt.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s office has been very tight-lipped about the case.
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said he hasn’t shared many details of the investigation because the perpetrator is still out there and he doesn’t want the perpetrator to know what they know. George Kennedy and Roy Smith are still behind bars, so I wonder if the statement about the perpetrator still being out there means that Kennedy and Smith have been ruled out as suspects.

Officials have told Jennifer Buchanan that Nevaeh’s body showed no signs of sexual assault, so that leads me to wonder what the killer’s motive was. Most of us thought for sure that Nevaeh had been killed by some pervert who sexually assaulted her. If that wasn’t the case, could a possible motive have been revenge for an unpaid drug debt? I can’t comprehend why somebody would just snatch a child and bury them alive without some kind of motive.

There are still many unanswered questions in this case. Why was Nevaeh killed? Did the beer can or cigarette butt have the killer’s DNA on it? Have George Kennedy and Roy Smith been ruled out as suspects? Does the sheriff’s office have a person of interest that they haven’t revealed? These questions will likely go unanswered until an arrest has been made in this case.

The Sheriff is still asking for tips in the case. They have set up a Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force and are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the abduction and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan. Anyone with information is asked to call the Task Force at (734) 457-6713.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan :: Comments

Piper

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:52 pm by Piper

We have heard nothing new on the case for Nevaeh..we have to keep these cases up front in the news, so these murdered children are not forgotten.

Back to top Go down

Booklover

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 am by Booklover

It's a real shame they can't file charges against Nevaeh's mom, Jennifer Buchanan for child endangerment. Mad Evil or Very Mad After all, she knowingly exposed her own daughter to convicted sex offenders! What kind of mother, or human being would do a thing like that? Unsolved Murder of Nevaeh Buchanan 5368 I believe she knows what happened to Nevaeh, but, she just doesn't care. In fact, it would not surprise me in the least to find out that she was involved. This is yet another prime example of a "piece of garbage" who didn't deserve to be a parent. Mad Evil or Very Mad not fair There are no excuses for people like her. They should rot in Hell. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down