Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month

+2
Piper
Justice4all
6 posters

Go down

D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month Empty D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month

Post by Justice4all Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:02 pm

(CNN) -- Convicted Beltway sniper John Allen Muhammad is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection November 10, a Virginia corrections official said Tuesday.

"Inmate John Muhammad was offered a choice in method of execution, and he declined," Larry Traylor said. "Under the code, if the inmate declines to choose, it defaults to lethal injection."

Muhammad was convicted of killing Dean Harold Meyers, one of several victims in a series of sniper-style shootings that terrorized the Washington area in October 2002.

During a three-week period, Muhammad and his young protege, Lee Boyd Malvo, shot 13 people, killing 10 of them, police said. The two also are suspected in other shootings, including in Tacoma, Washington; Montgomery, Alabama; and elsewhere in the Washington metro area.

Attorneys for Muhammad argued last week that he should be given clemency on the grounds that he has a severe mental illness that worsened while he served in the Persian Gulf War.

Attorney Jonathan Sheldon said he and other attorneys presented Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine's representatives with audio interviews with attorneys, mental health experts and witnesses rather than a written document. They said they plan to file an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court on November 3.

Kaine's office said that any information on the clemency request would come in the form of a news release at a later date.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/27/virginia.sniper.execution/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month Empty Re: D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month

Post by Piper Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:29 pm

It's about time! He is a terrorist. No clemency, no appeals. Maybe he should be put in a fenced in area and be hunted down with automatic rifles.
D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month 86558.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month Empty Re: D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month

Post by Booklover Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Piper wrote:It's about time! He is a terrorist. No clemency, no appeals. Maybe he should be put in a fenced in area and be hunted down with automatic rifles.
D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month 86558.
Hi, Piper! hug I completely agree with you. Society is much better off without heartless monsters like this one. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Supreme Court Declines to Block Execution of Washington Sniper

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/10/us/10sniper.html

kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 pm

I am not surprised that his execution is gonna go ahead...What about his sidekick...the teenager...is he ever gonna be eligible for parole or did he get LWOP...or a lighter sentence...It must have been scary to drive those highways and constantly have to keep one eye over one's shoulder...I'm thankful that I didn't live in that area...no one was safe....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerMom Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:09 pm

I live only about 45 minutes from one of his hits in MD.
It was terrifying for my relatives who all live in the Baltimore, DC and VA areas. No one even wanted to pump gas or go grocery shopping. And at one point they were thinking a white cargo van was involved. I just happened to drive one. I was stopped over 10 times by police when I had to take the kids to the doctors in Baltimore City. People would stare at me it was horrible!
TigerMom
TigerMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Estee wrote:I am not surprised that his execution is gonna go ahead...What about his sidekick...the teenager...is he ever gonna be eligible for parole or did he get LWOP...or a lighter sentence...It must have been scary to drive those highways and constantly have to keep one eye over one's shoulder...I'm thankful that I didn't live in that area...no one was safe....
The teenager, Lee Boyd Malvo, got LWOP.

TigerMom wrote:I live only about 45 minutes from one of his hits in MD.
It was terrifying for my relatives who all live in the Baltimore, DC and VA areas. No one even wanted to pump gas or go grocery shopping. And at one point they were thinking a white cargo van was involved. I just happened to drive one. I was stopped over 10 times by police when I had to take the kids to the doctors in Baltimore City. People would stare at me it was horrible!
I can imagine how horrible that must have been TigerMom. Once they saw you and your children, I hope it didn't take them long to realize that you weren't the sniper.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:33 pm

TigerMom wrote:I live only about 45 minutes from one of his hits in MD.

You were stopped that many times? OMG...I remember watching the terror of residents on TV. I wouldn't have wanted to be in public either.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerMom Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:15 pm

It was horrible to be stopped and checked, but all the officers I came in contact were really cool about it.
My sister and her husband had just left the Home Depot
where he shot one of his victims just moments before it happened. My Dad had a business in the Baltimore area.
It was beyond terrifying to just go about daily activities and we were all just glued to the TV for updates. Every time another victim was shot it sent everyone into panic mode. My cousin's had a police officer drive their kids to school everyday. They lived in and around the one school shooting area. I remember the police chief did not sleep he looked like hell and even said this is personal now after one victim was shot. He retired right after they nabbed him. Thank God for the truckers!
TigerMom
TigerMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 pm

TigerMom wrote:It was horrible to be stopped and checked, but all the officers I came in contact were really cool about it.
My sister and her husband had just left the Home Depot
where he shot one of his victims just moments before it happened. My Dad had a business in the Baltimore area.
It was beyond terrifying to just go about daily activities and we were all just glued to the TV for updates. Every time another victim was shot it sent everyone into panic mode. My cousin's had a police officer drive their kids to school everyday. They lived in and around the one school shooting area. I remember the police chief did not sleep he looked like hell and even said this is personal now after one victim was shot. He retired right after they nabbed him. Thank God for the truckers!
Hi, TigerMom! hug You actually lived this nightmare? Shocked affraid awe Thankfully, you & your loved ones came through it safely. D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month 585626 It certainly pays to be cautious at all times. Times are changing, so one can never be too careful. God Bless. D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month 541830 D.C. sniper scheduled to die next month 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down