Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Benefit Concert – Fact Or Fiction? UPDATE

3 posters

Go down

The Benefit Concert – Fact Or Fiction?  UPDATE Empty The Benefit Concert – Fact Or Fiction? UPDATE

Post by FystyAngel Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:54 am

I wondered today when I was listening to the blogtalk radio, what the hell they were talking about. Then I found this article that Jan & Simon wrote about. I NEVER even heard about a "benifit" but wow, after listening today AND reading the following article, all I can say is this whole mess seems to get worse & worse. ~Fysty~

Haleigh Cummings – The Benefit Concert – Fact Or Fiction?
Posted on November 7th, 2009

There was a huge amount of scuttlebutt that did the rounds of us press types when seemingly out of nowhere, a benefit concert to secure more money in the search for missing Haleigh Cummings was announced. Early reports had it that all proceeds would be going to the Haleighbug Foundation. I guess what confused me was the huge amount of secrecy that seemed to accompany this concert. At one point the deal was, send money, and then we will tell you the address.

It is still confusing, both TJ Hart and myself have been trying to find just one person that attended. A loyal reader of BNN did send us some interesting video. This purportedly was shot at the concert.

The band is fine, I have no issue with them, they even know their way around the frets of a guitar. But, and this is a very big BUT, I hang out in the music industry. I know musicians, videographers, producers, soundmen, roadies, I know em all. I have never in my life seen a video of a concert that at some point does not show the audience.

In fact this video gets even stranger, the tickets were billed at $10 each, which incidentally is a give away price these days. But, the backdrop to the stage is clearly an aluminum sided building, you can see that when the cameraman finally pans out. You can also spot the absence of any audience. Well maybe you can count the Video guy, but, I’ll bet he got in free!

In front of the stage they do have a hand written sign, “Let’s Bring Haleigh Home”.

I guess my confusion lays in what exactly is going on? Was this a benefit concert for Haleigh Cummings? Or was this something different? Of course the question of how many tickets were sold, and what happened to the money also gets my interest.

The destination of the proceeds also seems to have been a moving target, the web announced that all monies will go to the Haleighbug Foundation, another says that proceeds will go to Tim Miller and his Equusearch group, while a third claimed that proceeds would go toward increasing the reward money for information that helps find Haleigh.

You make your own decision, watch this and tell me what you think?