Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

+24
Pianist
Alessandra_Deux
Mari 68
lostyou
Justice4all
Bellah
Gia
linden
psmith21
Tracey6434
JAG
Michelle
Cali
allymae
babbette
randilynn
Snaz
Estee
Piper
Dis
sitemama
Julie
Booklover
FystyAngel
28 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Empty Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:17 am

Amber alert issued for missing 5-year-old girl

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Art_cr10

An Amber Alert has been issued for a 5-year-old girl who vanished from her mother’s home early this morning, authorities in Fayetteville, N.C. announced today.

Shaniya Davis was last seen by her mother at approximately 5:30am, said Lt. David Sportsman of the Fayetteville Police Department. “I don’t have any information at this point that would indicate any foul play,” Sportsman told CNN. “But we’re not ruling that out and the investigation continues.”

Shaniya lives with her mother in a trailer park that is adjacent to a wooded area and off a main road.

An extensive grid search was conducted throughout the day. “Right now we’re in the process of replacing some of our staffing so we are putting fresh eyes, fresh people out there to go over and make sure we covered every possible area,” Sportsman said.

The FBI and the US Marshals Service have been asked to participate in the investigation. Sportsman told CNN Shaniya’s father lives out of state and is not believed to be involved in the his daughter’s disappearance.

At the time she was reported missing, Shaniya was wearing a blue sleep shirt with pink underwear.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is urged to call the Fayetteville Police Department at 910-433-1856.

For more crime coverage go to cnn.com/crime.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:25 am

Authorities Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of 5-Year-Old Fayetteville Girl

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 F10

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 H11

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 O10

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Hj10

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -

Fayetteville police told reporters Tuesday evening they are no longer searching around the home of a 5-year-old girl last seen early Tuesday morning.

Police said they suspect Shaniya Davis was taken from the home and did not wander away.

About 30 to 40 emergency personnel using I-9 units and aircraft searched nearby woods after Shaniya's mother called to say her daughter was missing from their home at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive.

Police said Shaniya's mother told detectives she last saw her daughter when she put the girl on the couch around 5:30 a.m. The mom noticed Shaniya was missing around 7 a.m. Two other children and an unidentified person were at the home at the time.

A police spokesperson called this "a very confusing case," and have interviewed several people, some of whom are persons of interest.

Fayetteville Police confirmed that three sex offenders do live in the mobile home park, but have been ruled out as suspects.

Shaniya's parents are not living together, but the father did fly to Fayetteville Tuesday.

Shaniya is described as 3 feet tall and weighing about 40 pounds. She has brown eyes and brown hair. Shaniya was last seen wearing a blue sleep shirt with pink underwear and no shoes. Amber Alert authorities say Shaniya has a thin scar on her left foot.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at 433-1856 or 911.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

Post by Booklover Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:29 am

This is another heartbreaking case of a missing child. I'm not sure whether or not I heard about the Mother having a boyfriend living with her. Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 At any rate, I did hear that there were drugs in the home, and that CPS had been there on previous occasions. Let's see where this one leads us. I think they need to take a real close look at the Mother & her boyfriend. Shocked affraid awe I hope & pray that Shaniya is found soon. Sad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 am

Here is a copy of the sex offender registry map. Notice that it is a three mile radius of her address. God help this poor child. See the quote from the site.

According to our research of the North Carolina and other state lists there were 288 registered sex offenders living in Fayetteville in May 2009.
The ratio of number of residents in Fayetteville to the number of sex offenders is 420 to 1.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Fayetteville-North-Carolina.html#ixzz0WY8xgKQo

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 So10

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Fayetteville-North-Carolina.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 am

I hate doing this but since I can't sleep, I decided to do a little MORE research into what I could find. The statistics just blow my mind. Look at the numbers PER COUNTY!

Offender Statistics
Statistics reflected on this page have been extracted from information entered by North Carolina Sheriff’s Offices into the NC Sex Offender and Public Protection Registry database. The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation serves as the collection and entry point for this information.

These statistics provide approximate numbers. The accuracy of these statistics may be impacted by certain limitations such as delays or errors in processing information or delay or errors in the system’s operation.

Not all offenders are included in this report because of different registration requirements. Offenders whose status is listed as pending are not included in this report.

You may download the data here
County Total Offenders
ALAMANCE 213
ALEXANDER 65
ALLEGHANY 16
ANSON 55
ASHE 28
AVERY 20
BEAUFORT 88
BERTIE 51
BLADEN 61
BRUNSWICK 145
BUNCOMBE 291
BURKE 115
CABARRUS 192
CALDWELL 133
CAMDEN 20
CARTERET 65
CASWELL 46
CATAWBA 208
CHATHAM 57
CHEROKEE 60
CHOWAN 23
CLAY 10
CLEVELAND 177
COLUMBUS 76
CRAVEN 113
CUMBERLAND 376
CURRITUCK 36
DARE 37
DAVIDSON 263
DAVIE 41
DUPLIN 73
DURHAM 273
EDGECOMBE 156
FORSYTH 398
FRANKLIN 74
GASTON 304
GATES 11
GRAHAM 16
GRANVILLE 98
GREENE 25
GUILFORD 559
HALIFAX 107
HARNETT 162
HAYWOOD 64
HENDERSON 105
HERTFORD 50
HOKE 71
HYDE 13
INCARCERATED 1265
IREDELL 194
JACKSON 47
JOHNSTON 156
JONES 21
LEE 72
LENOIR 91
LINCOLN 85
MACON 35
MADISON 26
MARTIN 57
MCDOWELL 58
MECKLENBURG 661
MITCHELL 14
MONTGOMERY 30
MOORE 93
NASH 120
NEW HANOVER 212
NORTHAMPTON 50
ONSLOW 183
ORANGE 65
OUT OF STATE 2356
PAMLICO 19
PASQUOTANK 61
PENDER 86
PERQUIMANS 25
PERSON 55
PITT 226
POLK 19
RANDOLPH 184
RICHMOND 89
ROBESON 192
ROCKINGHAM 146
ROWAN 215
RUTHERFORD 117
SAMPSON 98
SCOTLAND 68
STANLY 91
STOKES 77
SURRY 73
SWAIN 36
TRANSYLVANIA 38
TYRRELL 10
UNION 179
VANCE 75
WAKE 565
WARREN 41
WASHINGTON 31
WATAUGA 31
WAYNE 162
WILKES 114
WILSON 110
YADKIN 53
YANCEY 18

Last edited by FystyAngel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 am

Why would this Mother make her 5 year old child sleep on the couch? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 Was it so that she could have free use of her drugs in the privacy of her own room? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 I say look at the Mother & her boyfriend. Shocked affraid If CPS found drugs in the home previously, WHY didn't they remove those children? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 Mad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:03 am

This sounds very disturbing & suspicious so far. I really hate seeing so many sex offenders around these kids homes!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:42 pm

I lived in Catawba County (208) until July. Then I moved to Caldwell County (133). My 12 y/o granddaughter and her friend, who lives just across from me were picked up by the police last summer as they were attempting to run across NC Hwy 321, which is a 4 lane road. The cop took them back to the friend's home and told her mom they should not be allowed to cross the highway by themselves, as there are 57 sex offenders who live in the small area that they were going to. So, I guess I have 57 living very close to me. That makes me feel real good, NOT.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

This story is very disturbing, I agree with Book, why would the child be sleeping on the couch? Thanks for this thread Fysty! I pray that she is found but these types of cases very rarely end good. Beautiful little lamb I hope you come home safe and if not Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 623565

Hi Mama! God Bless that officer! He is an asset to your community. My daughter is 12 and she goes NOWHERE without adult supervision, I don't even like letting her go to the magazines while I shop. This world is full of predators. not fair
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:32 am

This story is just so awful! Shocked affraid Sad Can you imagine someone beating a child so badly that the child actually loses control of their bowels? Shocked affraid I think that's what might have happened with poor little Shaniya! Sad Why isn't this "so called" Mother in jail too? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 Mad Evil or Very Mad This little girl's life could have been saved! CPS should have removed those children from that home when they first found drugs. Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad Crying or Very sad not fair Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 927100
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

Police say missing girl seen at NC motel with man

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 539w10
Bradley Lockhart, center, father of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, cries during a news conference at the police station, Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009 in Fayetteville, N.C. North Carolina police said they were searching Thursday for a 5-year-old girl who vanished two days ago and have charged one man with kidnapping her. Clarence Coe, 30, was arrested and charged with first-degree kidnapping. the two women with Lockhart are unidentified. (AP Photo/ The Fayetteville Observer, Stephanie Bruce)

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.—A missing 5-year-old North Carolina girl was seen with a man at a hotel, but not the same person charged in her kidnapping, police said late Thursday.

Shaniya Davis was spotted in Sanford with a man identified as Mario Andrette McNeill, said Fayetteville Police spokeswoman Teresa Chance. She was seen with him Tuesday, about an hour after she disappeared from her home in Fayetteville, about 40 miles away.

Late Wednesday night, police arrested and charged 30-year-old Clarence Coe, who told a judge at his first court appearance that he is not guilty of kidnapping the girl. Police did not comment on any possible link between Coe and McNeill.

Chance said a hotel worker called police to report seeing a child matching Shaniya's description, but by the time police got there, McNeill had left. Authorities reviewed surveillance video and, after speaking with family members, confirmed the child's identity.

Chance said authorities are uncertain of the connection between McNeill and the child. Her father, Bradley Lockhart, made a tearful appeal for his daughter's safe return.

"We just ask that they bring her home safe. We all miss her and love her very much," Lockhart said. "Shaniya, if you're listening to daddy, I miss you so much, honey. I'm waiting for you. I'm not going to give up. You don't give up either, honey."

In court on Thursday, Cumberland County Judge Tal Baggett asked Coe if he understood why he was there.

"No, but I'm not guilty, sir," Coe said. He did not enter a formal plea to the kidnapping charge, and Baggett said the court would appoint an attorney.

Baggett also said Coe was also accused of "terrorizing" the child's mother, although he did not elaborate.

Chance said a witness spotted Coe taking Shaniya Davis out of the trailer park where she was reported missing.

"I think it's safe to say this is not a random occurrence," Chance said.

Chance also said authorities believe the girl is alive.

"We believe she's safe. We just want him to return her. We have no reason to believe that he would harm her, none at all," Chance said.

Barbara Davenport, property manager at Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park, said Coe is dating Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, and has visited several times.

Investigators said police dogs did not pick up the child's scent during a search of the neighborhood.

"Our hopes are that she's close by," Chance said.

Coe was being held at the Cumberland County jail. He has several criminal charges on his state record, including an April conviction for misdemeanor breaking and entering, and he was released from prison in mid-August, according to Department of Correction records.

Coe was previously convicted of assault on a female, felony breaking and entering, larceny, robbery and other charges dating to 2001.

Investigators found a blanket that may have belonged to Shaniya in a garbage can outside a neighbor's home. Lt. Alex Thompson said investigators also found other items Shaniya may have been wearing.

Davis and Shaniya's father, who flew in from out of state, have been speaking with investigators.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2009/11/13/police_say_missing_girl_seen_at_nc_motel_with_man/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:33 am

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:02 pm

FAYETEVILLE, NC (WTVD) -- Police in Fayetteville say they've made a second arrest in the case of a missing 5-year-old who's the focus of a nationwide Amber Alert.

Shaniya Davis has been missing since Tuesday. Fayetteville Police Department spokesperson Theresa Chance said Davis was spotted alive in the company of a 29-year-old man the morning she disappeared. Now that man, Mario Andrette McNeill, has been arrested.

Chance had no information on the whereabouts of Davis.

"I can't speak to if she's alive or not," Chance told reporters at a Friday morning news conference.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

McNeill has admitted to the kidnapping, but Shaniya still hasn't been found. I wonder what he told police about Shaniya's whereabouts. I hope she is found safe.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Police: Man admitted kidnapping missing NC girl; but lawyer says suspect will plead not guilty

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A North Carolina man has admitted to kidnapping a 5-year-old girl, authorities said Friday, but investigators still have not found the child more than three days after she disappeared from a mobile home park.

However, the attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday that his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis. Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted to taking the girl.

McNeill was charged with kidnapping while authorities dropped charges against another man, Clarence Coe, who was initially arrested in the case.

"We're hoping we find her alive," Chance said at a news conference. "We found Mr. McNeill, and Miss Davis was not with him."

McNeill had a first court appearance Friday. Attorney Allen Rogers said he only spoke briefly with his client, adding that he did not know what connection McNeill may have had with Shaniya or her mother. He also did not comment on the child's whereabouts.

Surveillance footage had showed McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room on Tuesday morning, when she was reported missing from a mobile home park. A hotel worker called police to report seeing a child matching Shaniya's description, but by the time police got there, McNeill had left.

Investigators had used police dogs but could not pick up the child's scent during a search of the neighborhood. They found a blanket that may have belonged to Shaniya in a garbage can outside a neighbor's home.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, made a tearful appeal Thursday for his daughter's safe return.

"Shaniya, if you're listening to daddy, I miss you so much, honey," he said. "I'm waiting for you. I'm not going to give up. You don't give up either, honey."

McNeill's next court date is Dec. 2.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/69974742.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Kidnap10
Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is seen in a photo provided by the Fayettville, NC Police Dept. Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009. Missing 5-year-old North Carolina girl Shaniya Davis was spotted in Sanford, with a man identified as Mario Andrette McNeill.

Missing NC girl spotted at hotel, still not found........
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Alright, now a new man is involved with taking Shaniya. Shocked affraid So, where is little Shaniya? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 What have they done with her? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 I'm sure that her Mother knows what happened. Mad Evil or Very Mad I don't understand WHY the Mom hasn't been arrested. Shocked affraid What in the Hell did she bring into her home? Who or WHAT did she allow to have access to her children? Shocked affraid awe This woman has a lot of questions to answer. The Mother must have known about her boyfriend's criminal background. This is similar to the Nevaeh Buchanan Case. Rolling Eyes Mad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:27 pm

I don't understand it either Book. Very strange that they KNOW and he ADMITTED that he kidknapped her BUT they still don't know WHERE she is??? I just don't get it. I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach about this. If he's arrested & she's still not found, it sure doesn't look good.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Maybe the father was threatening to take custody of her, and the mom had the boyfriend/boyfriends to take her and hide her????????? I hope it was something like this, and that she is still alive. I hope the mom really did love her, but was mixed up with the wrong people and drugs, and just didn't want to lose her to the father. OR, she may have just wanted to keep getting the support money. This is a screwed up case for sure.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 am

FystyAngel wrote:I don't understand it either Book. Very strange that they KNOW and he ADMITTED that he kidknapped her BUT they still don't know WHERE she is??? I just don't get it. I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach about this. If he's arrested & she's still not found, it sure doesn't look good.
Hi, Fysty! hug What is going on with this so called Mother? Shocked affraid Does she think her children are disposable? Mad Evil or Very Mad Why can't they get any information from her? Shaniya's Dad looks reasonably normal. Why in the world did he choose to have a child with a useless piece of garbage? Mad Evil or Very Mad This woman is making it quite obvious she cares nothing about her children. Sad Mad Evil or Very Mad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:57 am

sitemama wrote:Maybe the father was threatening to take custody of her, and the mom had the boyfriend/boyfriends to take her and hide her????????? I hope it was something like this, and that she is still alive. I hope the mom really did love her, but was mixed up with the wrong people and drugs, and just didn't want to lose her to the father. OR, she may have just wanted to keep getting the support money. This is a screwed up case for sure.
Hi, sitemama! hug I don't think that's the case. Why would Shaniya's Mom have her around drugs, & criminals if she truly cared about her welfare? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 What about Shaniya's favorite blanket covered in feces? Shocked affraid What is that all about? Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 5368 I think there's major child abuse going on in that home. Sad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 541830 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:58 am

I hope we hear some good news today on Shaniya, I hope she's just being hidden safely somewhere. Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 643974
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 am

I do so hope and pray that this beautiful child is found safe and sound...There was video of her entering the room...what about when she left...know this has already been questioned...I remember a case a while back where the body of a woman was found UNDER the mattress..in the boxlike frame of a hotel bed...They have checked this out, no doubt...It is a mystery as to where Shaniya is, and why she was taken...The PD and detectives should be able to get to the bottom of this now that the perp is in custody...I'm all for a bit of "good cop, bad cop"...however since he has a lawyer this won't happen...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:45 pm

What amazes me is that they haven't been able to get any information from the Mother! Shocked affraid She has certainly shown that she cares nothing about her child! Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad She belongs in jail. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:56 am

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- The location and fate of a 5-year-old girl reported missing by her mother was unknown even after authorities charged the mother with human trafficking and other offenses.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, the mother of Shaniya (Shuh-nigh-uh) Davis, faces a child abuse charge involving prostitution as well as filing a false police report, according to a Saturday news release from the Fayetteville Police Department.

The child hasn't been seen since Tuesday, when surveillance footage recorded the man charged with kidnapping Shaniya carrying her into a hotel room.

The release did not say whether the charges were related to her daughter's disappearance, but The Fayetteville Observer reported that arrest records indicated they were.

According to arrest documents cited by the newspaper, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."

Telephone messages and an e-mail left for police were not returned.

Shaniya had only been living with her mother since last month. Davis reported the girl missing Tuesday morning from a mobile home community in Fayetteville, and authorities began searching nearby wooded areas. The following day a man described as Davis' boyfriend was charged in the kidnapping, but the charges were later dropped and he was released.

Read more: http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/21618293/detail.html

I bet whoever decided to let Shaniya live with her mother last month is really regretting it. What kind of mother would allow their daughter to be held in sexual servitude? They should take away her parental rights immediately and give her the maximum possible sentence.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Father Regrets Giving Missing Girl Back to Mother

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- The father of a missing 5-year-old North Carolina girl says he never should have allowed her to go back to her mother, who is now being charged with human trafficking and other offenses.

It's not clear if the charges are related to Shaniya Davis' disappearance, and authorities say they still don't know where the girl is. The girl's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing Tuesday from a mobile home community in Fayetteville.

Police say she's facing charges for alleged child abuse and filing a false police report.

A man believed to be on a hotel surveillance video carrying the child has been charged with kidnapping.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, tells The Associated Press that after raising the girl for several years, he decided to allow her to stay with her mother last month. He says she had recently gotten a job and her own place, and he decided to give her a chance.

Now, he says he "should've never let her go."

Read more: http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=80809
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Mother of Missing 5-Year-Old Charged
Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 A10
Antoinette Nicole Davis, here in an undated photo, has been charged with human trafficking and a child abuse offense involving prostitution, police said. David reported her 5-year-old daughter, Shaniya Davis, missing on Tuesday, and police records in Fayetteville, N.C., indicated the charges are related to the girl's disappearance, a local newspaper said.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Aa10
Mario Andrette McNeill was charged Friday with Shaniya's kidnapping after a worker spotted a child matching her description at a hotel in Sanford, N.C. Authorities said McNeill has admitted to taking the girl, but his attorney said he would plead innocent.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Aaa10
This image from surveillance video at the hotel shows a man identified as McNeill carrying a girl identified as Shaniya. Despite the arrests, it remained unclear where the child is.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Aaaa10
This is an undated photo of Shaniya. Her father, Bradley Lockhart, said he raised her for several years, but decided to give Davis a chance to raise her after she got a job and her own place to live. "I should've never let her go over there," he told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Aaaaa10
Lockhart speaks at a news conference on the case Thursday. He said he and Davis never fought over raising Shaniya. "I just want her to come back safe..." he said Saturday. "I love her very much and I hope she is OK."

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (Nov. 13) -- The location and fate of a 5-year-old girl reported missing by her mother was unknown even after authorities charged the mother with human trafficking and other offenses.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, the mother of Shaniya Davis, faces a child abuse charge involving prostitution as well as filing a false police report, according to a Saturday news release from the Fayetteville Police Department.
The release did not say whether the charges were related to her daughter's disappearance, but The Fayetteville Observer reported that arrest records indicated they were.
According to arrest documents cited by the newspaper, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."
Telephone messages and an e-mail left for police were not returned.
Shaniya's mother reported the girl missing Tuesday morning from a mobile home community in Fayetteville, and authorities began searching nearby wooded areas. The following day a man described as Davis' boyfriend was arrested in the kidnapping but later released.
Police then said a hotel worker spotted a child matching Shaniya's description at a Sanford hotel about 40 miles from Fayetteville on Tuesday. Authorities reviewed surveillance video and, after speaking with family members, confirmed the child's identity.
Surveillance footage showed Mario Andrette McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room, and he was arrested and charged with kidnapping Friday.
Authorities have said McNeill admitted to taking the girl, though his attorney says he will plead not guilty to the charge. They have not said if McNeill and Davis knew each other.

I truly want to SLAP that smirk right off his face! Mad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Where in the hell is this child?????? How horrible....they both have semi smirks on their faces...what's wrong with people?...has the Devil taken over??????? I can't pray hard enough for her.... not fair
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Look at her raised eyebrow...ugh...I truly want to slap them too...and keep slapping till they tell the truth!!!!!! We live in a feel good society....Pos low life trash trading babies for what? some money???? These people will rot in hell...I can't see my eternity including scum like this...they must not be human!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Please God let them find her....not another one...PLEASE
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:58 pm

OMG...what a disgusting POS sorry excuse for a mother! I would like to beat the living daylights out of her myself. Wonder how much crack money she got for selling her beautiful 5 yr old baby. The picture of the other POS shit carrying her is horrifying, God only knows what happened to that baby moments later. I hope and pray she is alive.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm

This is a most disgusting & disturbing case. All parties involved are worthless pieces of garbage. Mad Evil or Very Mad You can tell by the expression on the Mother's face that she doesn't care about anyone except herself. Shaniya's Father appears to be a reasonably normal man. However, there must be a screw loose somewhere for him to have associated with her. Shocked affraid No This woman, or "waste of a human life" ~ has no intention of giving LE any information. Mad Evil or Very Mad She clearly has no conscience, and I seriously doubt she even has a "soul". Sad Mad Evil or Very Mad Let's pray that Shaniya is alive, and that she's found soon! Sad Crying or Very sad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 927100 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Are they sure that this little girl was sold? How many stories have we heard where the mother's boyfriend killed the child?

I sure hope they find Shaniya..... and find her alive.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Apparently, they have positively identified that as Shaniya in the hotel picture. And, arrested the man. But nothing that I've heard yet says that he killed her. Apparently, Shaniya made it from her house/neighborhood to this hotel. I have no idea what happened after that. Since they have charged her mother with human trafficking, I assume she sold her. And she's been charged with child abuse involving prostitution, only leaves me to believe she received money in exchange for her baby.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Thanks, Piper.

If they don't find this little girl, I honestly don't know which would be a worse fate for her..... living a life having been sold into prostitution, being used and abused for years on end.... or not having a life to live at all. I know we all pray Shaniya is alive, but I can hardly stand to think of this child enduring the things that come to my mind when I think of what may have happened to her. I just pray she is alive and found very soon.

Either way, this is a sick, sick mother.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 am

Snaz wrote:Thanks, Piper.

If they don't find this little girl, I honestly don't know which would be a worse fate for her..... living a life having been sold into prostitution, being used and abused for years on end.... or not having a life to live at all. I know we all pray Shaniya is alive, but I can hardly stand to think of this child enduring the things that come to my mind when I think of what may have happened to her. I just pray she is alive and found very soon.

Either way, this is a sick, sick mother.
Hi, Snaz! hug I completely agree with you. I hope & pray that little Shaniya is found soon. Sad I hope Shaniya's Mom rots in prison. Mad Evil or Very Mad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 541830 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 19983 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 585626 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 am

Dis wrote:Look at her raised eyebrow...ugh...I truly want to slap them too...and keep slapping till they tell the truth!!!!!! We live in a feel good society....Pos low life trash trading babies for what? some money???? These people will rot in hell...I can't see my eternity including scum like this...they must not be human!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Please God let them find her....not another one...PLEASE
Hi, Dis! hug I completely understand how you feel, because, I feel exactly the same way. Mad Evil or Very Mad Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 541830 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 19983 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 585626 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 am

Piper wrote:OMG...what a disgusting POS sorry excuse for a mother! I would like to beat the living daylights out of her myself. Wonder how much crack money she got for selling her beautiful 5 yr old baby. The picture of the other POS shit carrying her is horrifying, God only knows what happened to that baby moments later. I hope and pray she is alive.
Hi, Piper! hug I feel exactly the same way you do. Don't you wish someone would just kick the you know what out of her? Mad Evil or Very Mad I sure hope that's NOT what was done to Shaniya! Shocked affraid Sad Let's pray that she is found soon. Crying or Very sad not fair Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 927100 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 541830 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 19983 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 585626 Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Book! It is another day and I hope they find her today. When I saw the thread had another post I prayed that it wasn't news of her demise....please God, let her be ok.

I agree with Snaz that the idea of what she may be enduring seems like a fate worse than death.
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

why was this man carrying her into a hotel room? was he paying the mother to "have his way with her"? was he handing her over to someone only to be taken out of the country to be enslaved?

someone knows the fate of this beautiful child. may i suggest some water boarding until we get some answers?

in MY opinion, you give up all your basic human rights when you do something so blatently inhumane. in cases such as this, i think LE should be able to get information from these lowlife scumbags by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
do i care if they (suspects) suffer.. NO.. do i care if this little girl is found alive BEFORE she is subjected to horrors that we dare not imagine... ABSOLUTELY!!

i personally, cannot blame what this father has done, he obviously cared for this child for many years while he "waited" for her mother to get her chit together.... a little girl needs a mother, i believe that he was convinced that she was "changed" and wanted this little angel to have a chance to know her mother... honestly, i dont think this could have been even a thought to him, that her mother could do something like this..

i pray she is found safe and "untouched"..
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Just now...HLN News...they found her body...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Sad They oughta kill her mom.
babbette
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Sad Will it never end?
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Girl in prostitution-kid case found dead
N.C. mother accused of offering her 5-year-old for sexual services

SANFORD, N.C. - Searchers found the body of a missing 5-year-old off a road Monday, ending a weeklong search for the girl, whose mother was accused of offering her for sex, police said.

Fayetteville Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance told The Associated Press that searchers found Shaniya Davis' body southeast of Sanford in central North Carolina.

Two people have been charged in her disappearance, including her mother, Antoinette Davis, 25. Police charged Davis with human trafficking and felony child abuse, saying Shaniya was offered for prostitution. A first court appearance for Davis was scheduled Monday afternoon. Police said she did not yet have an attorney.

Authorities also charged Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, with kidnapping after they said he was seen in surveillance footage carrying Shaniya at a Sanford hotel. Authorities said McNeill admitted taking the girl, though his attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Davis reported Shaniya missing last Tuesday. The investigation first led to the arrest of a man named Clarence Coe, but charges against him were dropped a day later when investigators tracked down McNeill after getting a tip from a hotel employee.

Additional information led investigators to a search site near Sanford on Sunday. They continued searching Monday, scouring miles of landscape, roads, ravines and fields on four-wheelers and with helicopters.

Somber find
Syd Severe, 42, who came down from Raleigh to help in the search, said he doesn't believe in the death penalty but feels the culprits in this case deserve it.

"We were hoping that someone could carry her home," Severe said. "It's just sick."

After Shaniya's body was found, a solemn group of searchers met quietly at a nearby fire station to ensure that all volunteers were accounted for.

Her father, Bradley Lockhart, said he raised his daughter for several years but last month decided to let her stay with her mother. He had pleaded for her safe return.

"I should've never let her go over there," he told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Before Shaniya's body was found, he said on CBS's "The Early Show" Monday that he remained hopeful someone would bring his daughter somewhere safe, such as a police station or hospital.

"They can drop her off at Walmart, I don't care," he said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33945506/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Another press conference at 4PM...waiting for family to ID body for confirmation...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 pm

NC Searchers Find Body Of Missing 5-Year-Old Girl
Mother Accused Of Offering Girl For Sex, Police Say

ALYSIA PATTERSON, Associated Press Writer

POSTED: 7:16 pm CST November 15, 2009
UPDATED: 1:13 pm CST November 16, 2009

SANFORD, N.C. -- A missing 5-year-old whose mother was accused of offering her for sex was found dead off a heavily wooded road in a rural area Monday, ending a weeklong search, police said.

Searchers found Shaniya Davis' body southeast of Sanford, in central North Carolina, Fayetteville Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance told The Associated Press. Police did not say how she died.

"We were hoping that someone could carry her home," said Syd Severe, 42, a volunteer who came from Raleigh to help with the search. "It's just sick."

Two people have been charged in her disappearance, one of them her mother, Antoinette Davis, 25. Police charged Davis with human trafficking and felony child abuse, saying Shaniya was offered for prostitution. A first court appearance for Davis was scheduled Monday afternoon, and police said she did not yet have an attorney.

Authorities also charged Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, with kidnapping after they said surveillance footage from a Sanford hotel showed him carrying Shaniya there. Authorities said McNeill admitted taking the girl, though his attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Davis reported Shaniya missing on Tuesday. The investigation first led authorities to arrest a man named Clarence Coe, but charges against him were dropped a day later when investigators tracked down McNeill after receiving a tip from a hotel employee.

Additional information led investigators to a search site near Sanford on Sunday. They continued searching Monday, scouring miles of landscape, roads, ravines and fields on four-wheelers and with helicopters.

After Shaniya's body was found, a solemn group of searchers met quietly at a nearby fire station to ensure that all volunteers were accounted for.

A cluster of emergency vehicles and law enforcement personnel gathered where Shaniya's body was found, about a quarter mile from N.C. Highway 87. Authorities blocked access to the road, a rural area popular with hunters that is less than a mile from a large lakeside community.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, said he raised his daughter for several years but last month decided to let her stay with her mother. He had pleaded for her safe return.

"I should've never let her go over there," he told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Before Shaniya's body was found, he said on CBS's "The Early Show" Monday that he remained hopeful someone would bring his daughter somewhere safe, such as a police station or hospital.

A man who answered the phone at the Lockhart home Monday afternoon declined to comment.

http://www.kcci.com/news/21623619/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:21 pm

I had an awful feeling from the beginning that this precious little girl was dead at the hands of her sadistic mother and her horrendous boyfriend.

I am truly sick.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 pm

This is so awful!

Rest in Peace, Shaniya
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:36 pm

What the hell is wrong with people? I hope they fry the mother, McNeill, and everybody else involved in the prostitution ring. Mad I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am right now.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

I hope they do exactly when happened to this precious baby, to everyone involved. Sad I was praying so hard that they would just find her safe somewhere. ANYWHERE! How horrible to find her along a road, thrown out like yesterdays garbage. WTH is wrong with people? Mad Evil or Very Mad I'm so angry that I could SPIT NAILS right now! I don't think I will EVER that those two scumbags faces (smirks) out of my head! That mother, oh hell, she can't be called that, she's not a mother. Not is any sense of the word! Her & her raised eyebrow. barf
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:27 pm

HLN is supposed to be holding a news conference any time now.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:39 pm

That Lady Police Chief is hedging...waiting for FBI and positive ID at morgue from relative...Poor little beautiful child still in bushes--field--Cotton plants? I'm so sad now...Justice for this child and Caylee too...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 Empty 5 year old Shaniya Davis' body found in NC

Post by allymae Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm

It is thought her mother offered her up for prostitution. This case really got to me. A camera in a motel captured video of her being carried by a male after her abduction.
How do people do these things????

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20091115/US.Girl.Disappears.NC/

NC searchers find body of missing 5-year-old girl
SANFORD, N.C. — A missing 5-year-old whose mother was accused of offering her for sex was found dead off a heavily wooded road in a rural area Monday, ending a weeklong search, police said.

Searchers found Shaniya Davis' body early Monday afternoon about 100 feet off a road southeast of Sanford, in central North Carolina, Fayetteville Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said. She declined to comment on a cause of death or the condition of Shaniya's body.

"We've got a lot of people out at the scene right now that are torn up," Chance said. "Detectives have been running off adrenaline to find this little girl and to bring her home alive. You have a lot of people in shock right now."

Two people have been charged in her disappearance, one of them her mother, Antoinette Davis, 25. Police charged Davis with human trafficking and felony child abuse, saying Shaniya was offered for prostitution.

Davis was calm and quiet during a five-minute court appearance in Fayetteville on Monday afternoon. She provided one-word answers to the judge's questions and held her hands in front of her, without handcuffs. She requested a court-appointed attorney and did not enter a plea.

Her sister, Brenda Davis, 20, said outside that she does not believe the charges.

"I don't believe she could hurt her children," said Brenda Davis, who was able to speak to her sister at the jail Sunday.

Authorities also charged Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, with kidnapping after they said surveillance footage from a Sanford hotel showed him carrying Shaniya there. Authorities said McNeill admitted taking the girl, though his attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Davis reported Shaniya missing Tuesday. Authorities first arrested a man named Clarence Coe, but charges against him were dropped a day later when investigators tracked down McNeill after receiving a tip from a hotel employee.

"We were hoping that someone could carry her home," said Syd Severe, 42, who came from Raleigh to help with the search. "It's just sick."

A cluster of emergency vehicles and law enforcement personnel gathered where Shaniya's body was found, about a quarter mile from N.C. Highway 87. Authorities blocked access to the road, a rural area popular with hunters that is less than a mile from a large lakeside community.

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, said he raised his daughter for several years but last month decided to let her stay with her mother. He had pleaded for her safe return.

Lockhart told The Associated Press on Saturday that he and Davis never argued about him raising Shaniya, and Cumberland County courts had no record of a custody dispute. He described his relationship with Davis as a "one-night stand" and said he did not know McNeill.

Davis struggled financially over the years, but she recently obtained a job and her own place, so Lockhart said he decided to give her a chance to raise their daughter.

"I should've never let her go over there," he said Saturday night.

A friend at Lockhart's home Monday afternoon said Lockhart did not want to speak with reporters.

___

Associated Press Writers Mike Baker in Raleigh and Martha Waggoner in Fayetteville contributed to this report.

allymae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next