Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

+24
Pianist
Alessandra_Deux
Mari 68
lostyou
Justice4all
Bellah
Gia
linden
psmith21
Tracey6434
JAG
Michelle
Cali
allymae
babbette
randilynn
Snaz
Estee
Piper
Dis
sitemama
Julie
Booklover
FystyAngel
28 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

Post by Tracey6434 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks for the link Jag. I was able to see the photos on your site.

Sorry AJ, for the horrendous thoughts on Shaniya. Believe you me, I didn't want to think about that either. To think any person, let alone her own mother...well, never mind. It's just awful. Too awful, the whole thing!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09

Post by JAG Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Your welcome Tracey.

Personally, I did not think the pictures were all that bad. Cluttered, but not the filth everybody was reporting.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 pm

I have to assume that Shaniya's mother had legal custody of her, as her father was paying child support. He had stated in an interview that she lived with her mother for about her first year but he's taken care of her the last 3 to 4 years, and obviously allowing visitations to take place at some point. They had apparently made their own agreement as to Brad taking Shaniya to live with him to take care of her, which he stated. He has continued to pay child support even though Shaniya was living in her father's home.

I guess my point would be, it appears Antoinette has received monies from Shaniya's father all of this time, either through direct payment from the courts or social service assistance. I'm not sure how NC child support laws/payments work. It appears he never attempted to stop child support deductions from his paycheck (by gaining legal custody). Yet he was taking care of Shaniya all of these years. Most people aren't that giving when it comes to child support issues. If they have a chance to abolish it or reduce it at all, they will fight tooth and nail to make sure the other parent doesn't get anymore of "their" money. I just find this interesting in their situation, albeit none of my business.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Tracey6434 wrote:Thanks for the link Jag. I was able to see the photos on your site.

Sorry AJ, for the horrendous thoughts on Shaniya. Believe you me, I didn't want to think about that either. To think any person, let alone her own mother...well, never mind. It's just awful. Too awful, the whole thing!

Tracey, this is painful too imagie.. I do want to say that although i have considered tha something did go on in the house, I am still on the fence as to whether or not themother had any knowledge..

Im sure not saying that she may have been a stand up parent, as I dont think she has been.. but there hasnt been any/enough evidence for me to believe that Antoinette was anyway apart of the crime.

On account that McNeill took her from the house and to a motel, (where he wud have had to pay, makes me think that he cudnt do this to her under Antoinettes roof. If Antoinette gave her to him, willingly and knowingly, I cant see why he wud have had to pay for a motel room.

At this point I believe McNeill tried to tell LE that Antoinette sold her to him, and he handed her off to a buyer.... This is why i suspect Antoinette was arrested.. based only on McNeills accounts and allegations..

On account that LE found (what I assume must be HIS DNA on Shaniya) they have prolly discounted his account that Antoinette gave him Shaniya, where he passed Shaniya over to someone else... It seems like so far he lied thru his teeth about the event.. If this is the case, there is hope that although Antoinette was a lousy mother, that she is innocent in anyway approving/helping her daughter be hurt or used in any way!! I pray for that... and still hold out hope...

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't know...
babbette
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:12 pm

http://www.wral.com/news/video/6475163/

Funeral Service in Full

JAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Bless her little heart, rest in peace little Shaniya Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Shaniya Davis Funeral

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:31 am

I cant watch it ..way too sad.. can someone tell me if Mom was allowed to go?? If not, did she make the special request?

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 am

Even if she asked, I don't think they would allow her to attend. When my S-I-L killed by daughter, he requested to attend her funeral, but they didn't allow it. I don't know if it is a NC law, or a Catawba County law, but if you are in jail for the crime, even though you have not been tried and found guilty yet, you cannot attend the funeral of the victim.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 am

To Mama, How horrible for you and your family who have endured so many tragedies. I cannot imagine the grief you have known. You are a very strong woman, and I hope that you find some comfort in your faith.
I could not bear to watch the funeral broadcast for little Shaniya. I could not bear to have her carry the last name of her mother, cannot associate it with her, so in my heart I call her Shaniya SweetSong.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Brad Lockhart on the Today Show

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:38 am

NBA great Shaquille O'Neal pays for Shaniya's funeral

The story of what happened to Shaniya Davis has affected thousands of people, including NBA star Shaquille O'Neal, who paid for the slain 5-year-old child's funeral.

"He was very touched by the story, and requested how to get in touch with the family," said a Cleveland Cavaliers spokesperson, who confirmed Wednesday that O'Neal paid for the service.

More than 2,000 people attended Shaniya's funeral at Manna Church on Sunday. She was buried at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery.

Corey Breece, of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, would not reveal Wednesday the cost of the child's service. However, he said the cost of a child's funeral "averages around $4,500."

Bradley Lockhart, 39, the child's father, could not be reached for comment. A family friend, Vaughn Eason, said the family was out of town for the holidays.

Shaniya's body was found Nov. 16 in a wooded area off N.C. 87 south of Sanford, six days after she was reported missing by her mother.

Mario McNeill, 29, is charged with first degree kidnapping, murder and rape in the case. McNeill turned himself into police on Nov.13 after he was seen on surveillance video at a Sanford hotel holding Shaniya in his arms.

Antoinette Davis, 25, the child's mother, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution against her daughter.

Davis and McNeill are incarcerated in state prison facilities in Raleigh until their next scheduled court dates.

Davis will appear back in Cumberland County on Dec. 3. McNeill's court date is scheduled for Dec. 9.

"I was sitting at home watching it on the news and the story brought a tear to my eye," Shaq, as he is commonly known, told The Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper on Wednesday night.

He first asked to get in touch with the Lockhart family on Nov. 18, the day after the State Medical Examiner's office confirmed that a child's body found in Lee County on Nov. 16 was in fact Shaniya's.

Read more: http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/26/955599
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:34 am

What a great example this man is for all of us. He made it all about Shaniya and nothing or anybody else. Great role model for our children.

JAG

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:35 pm

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/28/955927

Reader questions sympathy for father

The father of a 5-year-old girl who was raped and murdered is garnering no sympathy from Kenneth Thompson, who says Bradley Lockhart acted irresponsibly.

You'll find more comments on my blog, The Gospel Truth, I Think, at www.fayobserver.com.

Your turn: "Bill," Thompson writes, "why is the press giving Shaniya's dad a free pass on this situation? The depraved circumstances of her death require that all parties involved with this little girl go under the microscope. What does it say about him that he was ever involved with this woman. A one-night stand, I read ... And the decision to let her go live with her mother was not, in my opinion, out of any goodness of his heart or concern for his daughter. The mother already had one older child; was pregnant with another. What a logical thought process to think that the perfect situation would be to burden her with another one... Enlighten me with insight that would beg to differ."

My turn: Bradley Lockhart, 39, says in hindsight that he regrets his decision to allow his daughter, Shaniya Davis, to live with her mother, who is charged with placing the child in sexual servitude for prostitution and child abuse. Lockhart says he was not apprised by the Cumberland County Department of Social Services of drug issues or other matters concerning the mother or her living environment. He says simply that he wanted to give Antoinette Davis, 25, the child's mother, an opportunity to raise Shaniya because Davis had gained steady employment and was demonstrating stability. It is apparent, particularly from photographs, that Shaniya was loved and well cared for while living in the care of Lockhart and his sister, Carey Lockhart-Davis. I will say that Lockhart lives in a $240,000-plus, 2,419-square-foot home in north Fayetteville, and Antoinette Davis was living in a rented 12-foot by 40-foot trailer in a mobile home park, where the manager tells me the living conditions were unhealthy with molded dishes, etc. And that family members, including Lockhart's daughter, Cheyenne, 17, say the father was aware of issues with Antoinette Davis. The state's Child Fatality Task Force is reviewing how local Social Services handled the case, and if there were improprieties or neglect. Shaniya Davis' body was found Nov. 16 in woods near Sanford. Mario McNeill, 29, faces charges of kidnapping, rape and murder.

JAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:00 am

I'll just say again, NO ONE expects THIS kind of thing to happen. AND hindsight is 20/20!

Monday morning quarterbacking and all that......
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:45 am

"A one-night stand, I read ... And the decision to let her go live with her mother was not, in my opinion, out of any goodness of his heart or concern for his daughter. The mother already had one older child; was pregnant with another. What a logical thought process to think that the perfect situation would be to burden her with another one... Enlighten me with insight that would beg to differ."

honestly, i have never thought of my child as a burden.. and trust me, there have been tough times...

randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am

I pray that none of us standing in judgment of this father ever loses someone we love in a tragic way, because I am SURE someone somewhere would find a way to place the blame on us. We are all guilty of something, and I believe all of us have actions somewhere in our past, even those most well intentioned, that can be construed and misconstrued as negligent, ignorant, inattentive, etc. in order to blame one of us for a tragedy in our lives regarding our children. But by the grace of God have most of us raised our children despite some of the innocent, unthinking actions on our part.

I believe this father has suffered enough. I also believe NO ONE can beat him up more than he is beating up himself.

(As Tracey would put it.....) People who live in glass houses and all that.....
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:13 am

Shaquille O'Neal paid for the funeral, as we all know. He played basketball Friday nite against our Charlotte Bobcats and all the news media were trying to interview him about it. He just waved them away, did not want to be interviewed, and his only statement was 'I just did what I felt I needed to do.'

His teammates were interviewed and they said that is just the kind of man he is. He is an advocate for missing and abused kids, and did not want it to come out that he paid for the funeral. I don't know if the funeral home, or the family, made the announcement but Shaq was upset that it was made public.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 am

Sorry Snaz, I meant to respond to your above comment. I totally agree with you about the father. I don't think he would have sent her to that place had he known exactly what she would do. Not one of us could imagine anyone doing something like that to their own child.

When my husband and I separated, we had 3 girls and a boy. My ex was always threatening to take the boy, as I was an unfit mother, but he never wanted the girls. I got tired of hearing his threats, so when he came to get him for the week-end, I had all his clothes and toys packed and told him to take him. He kept him for 4 weeks, and during that time he called every week wanting to bring him back on the week-ends (so he and his girlfriend could go out). I refused to take him back for the week-ends, and didn't see him for the entire 4 weeks. Then one day when I returned from work, they were sitting in my den, with all Kevin's belongings, and the ex said 'I can't do this. He has been sick twice and I didn't know what to do, so he needs to stay with you.'

I took him to the doctor's the next day, and he had badly infected ears and a respiratory infection. He was hospitalized for 7 days. I beat myself up over this for a long time but atleast I didn't have to listen to the threats any more. We, as parents, do things that we don't expect to cause pain and suffering to our little ones, but sometimes it does.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 pm

sitemama...

i think what you did was probably harder on you than your son...

ear infections heal... the threats would have never ended...

i think it was brilliant... good for you!!
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:34 pm

1st off:
Sitemama, I second exactly what Randilynn said. And the Good for you, part especially. I can promise you it would not have ended. So, with that said, I must add....Your ex is a JACKASS! Mad I know because mine is TOO! Laughing

I also have to say, and forgive me ahead of time if anyone here has taken this position and I offend anyone. But I am getting pretty pissed off at people attacking the father. I do not think in ANY way, shape or form, that this father was leaving Shaniya with her mother because he was trying to shirk his responsibility, was negligent or knowingly putting her in danger. I think he was working a lot, had a ton of help from his sister. The mother (used lightly here) acted like she wanted a second chance and probably even played the part well for him. (remember even the daughter of dad said she was so soft spoken, seemed caring, nice and no one would have expected she was capable of that, ect.) Do people not surprise us everyday?

So, as I mentioned in a post earlier, a lot of conversations probably went on behind the scenes, that we will never know about and discussions with people he trusted about whether he should do it. He then came to the conclusion, she deserves a second chance. I mean after all I've had her 5 years. So, maybe the mother did change, was his thought. And he probably had some guilt that his sister was doing so much. So, he wanted her to have a break. So, he allowed it FOR A VISIT! he wasn't turning her over for good.

I'm just saying, all these people blaming the dad, have NO idea his thought process and what went into his decision. And I think it was ABUNDANTLY clear, just seeing beautiful Shaniya and hearing about the kind of child she was, that he did a good job with her.
Get off the man's damn back! Gee Whiz, the man just buried his daughter! People can be so cruel!
OK, I'm done! Sorry!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:01 pm

behind you all the way on that tracey...

so lets put our helmet on and duck the shoes together!!! praise

and god bless Shaq for doing what is right.. not for the publicity, but just because.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:57 pm

At this point it really doesn't matter what the circimstances were...she's gone...and no amount of criticism can bring her back...I think he will suffer forever no matter what happened leading up to it...and I don't think he thought for a second this would happen...not even close.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 pm

This poor little girl suffered aat the hands of her mother. The mother may have had her own undivulged plans for this girl, and put on a big act with the father about wanting to spend some special time with Shaniya. To plan ahead to harm a child, especially one's very own child, requires hatred in one's heart in place of love.
This father loved his daughter, was very good to her and he provided a good home for her. He will spend the rest of his life blaming himself for his decision, which was made in good faith. One of the newest angels, ShaniyaSweetsong, knows that her father is suffering for his decision, and she forgave him.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:48 pm

The degenerates responsible for Shaniya's death are charged and in custody. And hopefully more charges will be brought against Antoinette. If he hadn't been involved in Shaniya's life at all, other than just paying obligatory child support, what would people say then? Never in a million years would he have expected this to happen, he obviously felt the woman loved her child. Nothing now will bring Shaniya back.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Brad Lockhart on Nancy Grace 11/30/2009

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 Empty Authorities begin combing DSS records in Davis case

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:43 pm

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities investigating the Shaniya Davis murder have begun combing through social service records.

State investigators also began interviewing Cumberland County Department of Social Service employees.

The SBI became involved with the case after Fayetteville Police Chief Chief Tom Bergamine expressed concerns that detectives investigating Shaniya's murder were unable to obtain records from DSS.

The 5-year-old Fayetteville girl's body was found last month in woods near Sanford.

Mario McNeill is charged with first-degree rape, kidnapping and murder. Davis' mother, Antoinette Davis, is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

As part of the investigation, police are looking into DSS's involvement in Shaniya's case.

Relatives told ABC11 Eyewitness News last month that DSS had been called to the Davis home on several occasions, but neither Shaniya or her brother were removed from the home.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?id=7175705&section=news/local
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:28 pm

If it is found to be true that DSS was called numerous times and the children were NOT removed, then it is my opinion that DSS should get some charges as well. What is the hell are they doing to protect children? I can't clear my head of the photo of that pig, carrying Shanyia into that elavator! Just imagine what she went through. OMG, and the mother...why is it that she's only charged with trafficking Shanyia? At the very least, conspiracy to commit murder maybe??

I'm going over all the threads and for the life of me, can't shake the disgust that I am feeling for the persons involved. Christmas is for children. This poor child will never have another one. How very sad.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 Empty Autopsy: Shaniya Davis Sexually Assaulted, Died Of Asphyxiation

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm

http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/46735/autopsy-shaniya-davis-sexually-assaulted-died-of-asphyxiation/

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 09111010

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -

An autopsy report released Tuesday shows that 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis suffered injuries related to a sexual assault.

Davis was found in a wooded area near Sanford, N.C. covered in vines on November 16, 2009 after she was reported missing from her Fayetteville home several days earlier.

During the investigation, a security camera from a Sanford hotel captured Shaniya being carried into an elevator by 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeil.

The autopsy determined that the cause of death is "most likely due to asphyxiation" and noted that she was received wearing an adult-sized black sweatshirt and striped panties. Her body was already in a state of early to moderate decomposition.

McNeil has been charged with first-degree murder, first degree rape and first-degree kidnapping.

Antoinette Davis, Shaniya's mother, has also been charged in the case. Antoinette has been charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse-prostitution and for filing a false police report.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 am

Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 am

I'm so torn up I can't think straight...This is absolutely horrible....May justice be swift in this case...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 pm

RIP Shaniya
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 09111010

This little girl was so obviously loved by her father and aunt......

What a heartbreaking story.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 pm

If the 'whoremom' was a prostitute, and this was a one night stand, how did they determine this baby belonged to this dad? This has puzzled me ever since I heard that it was a 'one nighter'.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:31 pm

sitemama wrote:If the 'whoremom' was a prostitute, and this was a one night stand, how did they determine this baby belonged to this dad? This has puzzled me ever since I heard that it was a 'one nighter'.
I couldn't find the answer to your question sitemama, but if Bradley had any common sense I'm sure he took a paternity test before accepting responsibility for the prostitute's baby.

The more I think about this case the more angry I get with the mother. No amount of money in the world would make it worth selling your daughter to some guy so he could rape and kill her. I wonder if she thinks the money was worth it now. She probably used the blood money to buy crack.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 am

Shaniya Davis Case Updates: Antoinette Davis' February court date
January 19, 5:27 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-17800-Raleigh-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m1d19-Shaniya-Davis-Case-Updates--Antoinette-Davis-February-court-date?cid=channel-rss-News

Antoinette Nicole Davis is scheduled to appear in the Cumberland County Courthouse on February 18, 2010. Many have been confused about court dates surrounding the Shaniya Davis case.

The North Carolina Court System website has offered little in detail, if any at all, sending mixed signals to researchers of the Shaniya Davis case. However, the District Attorney's office has confirmed that the next court date for Antoinette Davis will be February 18, 2010 in the Cumberland County Courthouse.

Antoinette Davis, 25, was charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and interfering with a police investigation. Davis has not been charged with the murder of Shaniya Davis, her biological daughter.

Antoinette Davis remains in the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women in Raleigh just 2.44 miles from Central Prison where Mario McNeill is located.

Mario McNeill, 29, was charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and first-degree murder. McNeill's next court date will be tomorrow in courtroom 2B surrounding the kidnapping charges as it too may not bring new updates to the case surrounding murdered Shaniya Davis. His second February court date will be on February 27th.

You can view Mario McNeill's arrest warrant and Antoinette Davis' arrest warrant as offered through Wral.com.

5-year-old Shaniya Davis was found on the second day of search by one of the approximate 250 people involved in the search, including local and non-local authorities. Autopsy results concluded that Shaniya Davis was raped and murdered on the day Shaniya was reported missing. Shaniya Davis' body was found less than one week after being reported missing by Antoinette Davis on November 10, 2009.

Antoinette Davis was granted permission by Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, to care for her biological daughter as Davis claimed she could be a responsible mother. Many still question why Lockhart placed his daughter into a deadly situation. However, Mr. Lockhart's "angel" will always be inside of his heart claims those close to Lockhart.

The District Attorney's office remains focused on the Davis case as they plan on not leaving any stone unturned. Time will share their true efforts in the Shaniya Davis case.

When Antoinette Davis or Mario McNeill updates and new developments occur we will pass them along. As for McNeill's court appearance tomorrow it most likely will only pass along a new date. Patience is key. The case surrounding murdered Shaniya Davis slowly continues to bring justice to both Antoinette Davis and Mario McNeill.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Davis -- Found Deceased 11/16/09 - Page 4 Empty Search warrants in Shaniya Davis case unsealed; phone had explicit photos

Post by Justice4all Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

By Drew Brooks
Published: 07:02 AM, Thu Jan 28, 2010

Police investigating the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis found explicit pictures of a child on a phone belonging to the suspect in the child's murder, according to unsealed court documents.

Mario Andrette McNeil's phone was seized by police after his arrest Nov. 19, the warrants say. The Fayetteville man is charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering Shaniya.

Search warrants in the case were unsealed this week by a Cumberland County Superior Court judge. According to an affidavit attached to one warrant, Detective Jason Sondergaard "observed photographs of a sexually explicit nature and some of the photographs appeared to be that of a female juvenile under 10 years of age."

The warrant says Sondergaard contacted a doctor who specializes in developmental and forensics pediatrics to help identify the approximate age of the girl in the photographs. A precise age could not be determined..

But the doctor confirmed that the explicit photos were of a young black girl.

Shaniya, who was black, was reported missing by her mother, who lived in a trailer park off Murchison Road. Video footage from a Sanford motel showed McNeil carrying the child into the motel on the morning she disappeared. Shaniya's body was later found in woods near Sanford. Her mother has been charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Senior Resident Superior Court Judge E. Lynn Johnson ordered nine search warrants unsealed Monday. The documents had been sealed since mid-November at the request of Fayetteville police, who thought the information could compromise the investigation.

The warrants covered searches of cameras and computers belonging to McNeil and Shaniya's mother, Antoniette Davis, along with searches of McNeil's home, two cell phones, a GPS system and two searches of Davis' trailer on Sleepy Hollow Drive.

Davis, 25, and McNeil, 29, are being held in a state prison in Raleigh until their trials.

Brother's statement

In an affidavit for another search warrant, written by Detective Terrance Phillips, investigators say they interviewed Shaniya's 7-year-old brother the day Shaniya was reported missing.

The child told detectives that he saw a black man with dreadlocks whom he did not recognize inside the home. He said he heard loud stomping noises, then went to sleep.

The affidavit says none of the adults in the residence mentioned the man with dreadlocks. McNeil, who was not linked to the case until the surveillance video was uncovered at the Sanford motel, had dreadlocks at the time of his arrest.

According to the warrants, investigators seized numerous items, including computer data from the various electronics; clothing that could fit a young child; soil samples; a plastic straw; and swabbings from a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant belonging to McNeil.

A report from an autopsy on Shaniya's body concluded that her injuries were consistent with a sexual assault. The report, by the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, lists asphyxiation as the likely cause of death.

A medical examiner's notes say Davis "reportedly owed money to McNeil and offered the daughter in exchange for forgiveness of her debt."

The State Bureau of Investigation is involved with the case at the request of District Attorney Ed Grannis. Grannis asked the SBI to look into record-keeping at the Cumberland County Department of Social Services, which had been involved with Antoniette Davis and her children before Shaniya's death.

Source: http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/01/27/971520
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 am

So the police knew immediately the sorry excuse of a mother was lying from Shaniya's brother's statement. And the sicko took pictures as well....god, how disgusting. A woman hands over her own flesh and blood to a child rapist. I don't even know what punishment would be fit for either one of these POS.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Issues 2/3/10 Shaniya Davis Part 1