Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Girl, Italian Murder: The Verdict

Go down

American Girl, Italian Murder: The Verdict Empty American Girl, Italian Murder: The Verdict

Here is the entire 48 Hours episode from December 5, 2009 featuring Peter Van Sant's in-depth report on the Amanda Knox case. Knox and her boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were found guilty of murder. Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison and Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years.

Watch CBS News Videos Online
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

American Girl, Italian Murder: The Verdict :: Comments

Piper

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm by Piper

Amanda's parents will be on Larry King Live tonight at 9pm Eastern.

The Amanda Knox verdict leaves so many questions unanswered, I still have many questions myself. I do not know if Amanda participated in the murder of Meredith. But it seems to me that her involvement was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Her story changed, she implicated another person. Her DNA was not found in the bedroom. It's stated she knew the position of the body. She exhibited strange behavior in the aftermath of the murder. But the DNA of Rudy Guede, already convicted of her murder, was everywhere.

Reporters who have covered the crime and its aftermath for months left Perugia after the verdict last week saying they felt they knew no more about what happened in Knox and Kercher's house on November 1, 2007, than they did when Kercher's partially naked body was found the next morning.

Neither the defense nor the prosecution seems to have presented an airtight argument
Prosecution video fails to place Amanda Knox at the scene of the crime
Knox apparently confessed, but later said her "confession" was made under pressure
The jury's verdict itself raised further questions. Was its verdict unanimous?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/07/knox.trial.analysis/index.html

Back to top Go down

Dis

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 am by Dis

Piper~AJ said the verdict was unanimous but they argued over the sentence, they finally agreed on 26 years. I think it was AJ, it could have been J4A, they are both on the ball with this case.

Back to top Go down

Piper

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:26 pm by Piper

Thanks Dis, I see that now. It appears the jurors and two judges already had their minds made up. I am glad to hear the guards coming forward with their opinions and that she is being treated well by them. That has to be of some comfort to Amanda and her family.

Back to top Go down

FystyAngel

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm by FystyAngel

I can't imagine how alone she must feel being in a different country and (it seems) being railroaded for a crime she didn't commit.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down