Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

+35
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
nanshin
Stolat
snowbird
wonderingwhy
justanopinion
Hobnob
jacct
Bat Woman
Cubs Fan
Hunters G-ma
MissKansas
linden
Wisteria
Gia
pi-girl
kellikat
sitemama
Sherry
Ann - Tx
KariBear
Julie
Snaz
khintx
TigerMom
Cali
JAG
randilynn
FystyAngel
Piper
Booklover
Dis
Estee
Justice4all
39 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:01 pm

I wonder what Josh is thinking right about now........
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Susan is 28 and her missing flyer states that she is 5' 4". The female body found is about 5'......
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:22 pm

x

Last edited by tish on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:53 pm

This is good news. According to Google maps, Laramie, Wyoming is 395 miles from West Valley City, Utah and is a 6 hour and 10 minute drive. Josh probably wasn't telling the truth about leaving at 12:30 am Sunday night, but even if he was, there was still enough time for 12 hours of driving since he didn't return until Monday afternoon.

Back in April when Stephanie Eldredge was found in Idaho Falls, it came out almost immediately that the body likely belonged to Stephanie Eldredge or Amber Hoopes. So far nobody else has been mentioned as a possibility for the body found in Wyoming, so it may be Susan. Hopefully Josh was stupid enough to dump her in the open somewhere instead of down an old mine shaft.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Discovery of body in Wyoming sparks Susan Powell questions

Published: 09/14/10 2:02 pm
Updated: 09/14/10 2:56 pm

~Snipped~

A sheepherder found the body of a woman 14 miles east of Laramie on Thursday. Lt. Mike Garcia, with the Albany County, Wyo., sheriff's office did not have any information about what the area looked like where the body was found, such as whether the body was lying in the open or if an attempt had been made to conceal it or if there were any obvious signs of trauma that might suggest a possible cause of death. He also did not have any word on possible clothing descriptions the victim may have been wearing.

He noted, however, that investigators had determined the woman was between 30 to 40 years old, between 5-foot-2 and 5-foot-3, and had light brown hair. Powell, 28, is 5-foot-4 and has brown hair.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/09/14/1341268/discovery-of-body-in-wyoming-sparks.html?storylink=rss#ixzz0zXrPbRhX
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Now they are saying that dental records confirmed the body found in Wyoming isn't Susan. An earlier article said it could take 2-6 weeks to identify the body using dental records, which I mistakenly took to mean it would take 2-6 weeks before we found out whether it was Susan or not.

Police believe body found in Laramie unlikely Susan Powell

September 14th, 2010 @ 5:52pm
By Jennifer Stagg

UPDATE:

Sgt. Mike Powell with the West Valley City Police Department confirmed Tuesday afternoon that the body found is not that of Susan Powell. The Albany County Sheriff's Office in Wyoming said this was confirmed through dental records.

PREVIOUS STORY:

LARAMIE, Wyo. -- A sheepherder discovered the body of a woman just outside of Laramie, Wyo. The body is of special interest to investigators here in Utah as the description fits many of the characteristics of Susan Powell, the West Valley City mother of two who disappeared last December.

The body was found about 14 miles northeast of Laramie on Sept. 9 on a remote part of the Warren Livestock Ranch. Lt. Michael Garcia with the Albany County Sheriff's Office says the area where the body was found is not heavily traveled.

Read more: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12422282
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

I thought it was going to take weeks as well. I wonder who this poor woman is then....
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05 pm

I surely wish that it could have been Susan...Perhaps he did dispose of her down a mine shaft...Only he knows where she is and there probably isn't much left of her by now...I'm still praying that she will be found...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Susan Powell, Missing Utah Mother, Still a Mystery; Wyoming Remains Not a Match

September 15, 2010 2:29 PM
Posted by Caroline Black

SEATTLE (CBS/KIRO) When Susan Powell's family received word that police had found remains in a Wyoming field that might be those of the missing Utah mother, they prepped themselves for another ride on what has been an emotional roller coaster.

However, police have since determined that the remains are not the 28-year-old woman, and were forced to tell her loved ones, yet again, that Powell's disappearance remains a mystery.

It was the seventh time since she went missing that authorities had informed relatives they'd found remains that could be Powell's, only to determine that was not the case, according to CBS affiliate KIRO.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20016510-504083.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 am

EXCLUSIVE: Group searching abandoned mines for Susan Powell

Ben Winslow Fox 13 News
9:48 PM MDT, October 3, 2010

EUREKA - A new twist in the search for Susan Cox Powell. A volunteer group has begun searching abandoned mines for any sign of the missing West Valley City mother.

The searches are somewhat controversial because they're doing it without the approval of state authorities or West Valley City police, but the group Mojave Underground Utah believes it's a likely place where Susan Cox Powell may be.

Late last month, the group lowered a camera to the bottom of a 1,240-foot deep abandoned silver mine near Eureka. It was a suspicious site because the grate blockading the mine shaft had been pried open. A video of the search effort obtained by Fox 13 revealed that only garbage was found at the bottom.

Read more: http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-mine-search,0,5812250.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 am

This is a dangerous undertaking, a great big hoorah to this group for using their unique skills and knowledge to search for Susan. They state there are some 20,000 abandoned mines in Utah.

Here's an interesting story about their group:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/1110/156.html

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:57 pm

NG is reporting that there are new searches for Susan after her 4 yr old son told someone that "Mommy is in the mine, searching for crystals".

I will update as soon as I find more information.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 pm

x

Last edited by tish on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 am

Josh Powell speaks: My wife, Susan, left us behind

By nate carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Nov 5, 2010 11:59PM

Puyallup, Wash. • Despite pressure from police and the public, Josh Powell has remained tight-lipped about why he thinks his wife disappeared or how she might be found.

But this week the husband of Susan Cox Powell broke his silence to say his wife is “extremely unstable,” and that he believes mental illness drove her to leave her family behind.

Only reduced scrutiny from her family and the public, he said, will speed her return.

“She knows she will be chewed up like hamburger when she comes back,” Josh Powell said in a Wednesday interview with The Salt Lake Tribune.

He complained his wife’s family has created an image of her that puts her under too much pressure.

“She can’t come back with them treating her this way,” Josh Powell said. “They want her to be perfect, a saint with no fallibility.”

Susan’s family and friends have openly criticized Josh Powell’s level of cooperation with investigators and recounted instances of controlling and abusive behavior toward his wife. Yet Josh Powell said his wife’s family must stop lying about him and be more accepting of an imperfect Susan.

“She doesn’t have as much strength as they like to think she has,” Josh Powell said.

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50609169-78/powell-josh-susan-cox.html.csp?page=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:55 am

Cox family spokeswoman blasts Josh Powell for recent statements

Published: Friday, Nov. 5, 2010 11:53 p.m. MDT
By Paul Nelson, Deseret News

~Snipped~

A spokeswoman for Susan's family reacted to Josh's comments in an interview with KSL News Friday night.

"The notion that Susan would have left like that is absolutely preposterous. There's nobody who knows her who would think for a second that she would leave her children. She may have been unhappy in her marriage, and she may have been willing to leave Josh, but she wouldn't have left her children under any circumstance. If you know the first thing about her, you know that she was a mom first and foremost," Shelby Gifford said.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700079170/Cox-family-spokeswoman-blasts-Josh-Powell-for-recent-statements.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 am

Justice, thank you for the updates on Susan!

Josh's game will end one day. His behavior, starting with taking the small boys camping in the freezing temps (if that even happened) speaks volumes. His behavior screams, "Guilty!"

Based on what I have read in articles or interviews I have seen, it appears he is a control freak. I think he is very unstable. He's crossed the line!

Hopefully, Susan is found soon and her family can have closure.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:41 am

I also thank you for the updates...We all know she is out there somewhere in an unknown condition (dead/alive)...hopefully she is alive, but I just don't see any mother not keeping up with her children in one way or another...Unfortunately only Josh knows of her whereabouts and he's not budging from his tale of being abandoned...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 am

“She knows she will be chewed up like hamburger when she comes back,” Josh Powell said in a Wednesday interview with The Salt Lake Tribune.

What a pretentious bastard! I have to wonder what made him choose those specific words..........

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Statement Analysis - Josh Powell: "They Underestimate My Discipline"

Sunday, November 07, 2010
Seamus O'Reilly

~Snipped~

“Whether or not they ever have contact with my sons is their choice based on their own behavior,” he said.

A statement of control: if they do not yield to him, they will be deprived of seeing the grandchildren. Josh Powell's control over others continues, even after the ultimate control of Susan was exercised.

Yet information about Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3, is given out periodically on a website, Josh and Steve Powell maintain. The site recounts school projects, how the boys spent their Mother’s Day, and other information about them. The boys’ faces are blurred.

Life in Puyallup » Josh Powell and his children continue to live with Steve Powell. A brother and sister of Josh also live in the home.

Josh Powell said he has taken a job to which he commutes every day, though he declined to discuss where his job is or in what field. Charlie is attending kindergarten at a school near Steven Powell’s home.

On Thursday night, the boys ate a dinner of tacos and played in the living room while Josh and Steve Powell discussed the events of the past 11 months. Steve Powell said because they don’t know where Susan is, they have only told the boys that their mother is missing.

“All they know is she’s gone, and they want her back,” he said.

Josh Powell said he has been attending Parent Teacher Association meetings at Charlie’s school, despite objections from some parents. He criticized television station coverage of those objections.

“I’m a Marvel Comics super villain,” he said of the coverage.

Josh Powell is a villain. This may be in joking or sarcastic language, but he is correct.

Josh Powell said he will not move back to Utah nor attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — where he met his wife — again. Steve Powell, a former church member, has alleged members including the Coxes have waged a campaign against his son, something the Coxes have also adamantly denied

Steve Powell said he and his son expect to see Susan again. People wanting to find his daughter-in-law’s body to produce closure are “a bunch of morbid f------ assholes,” Steve Powell said.

Steve Powell should date Cindy Anthony.

“She absconded,” Steve Powell said. “We don’t believe she was abducted. We don’t believe she was murdered.”

such a man would not likely use "I" often; but "we", even when speaking for himself.

Read more: http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/11/josh-powell-they-underestimate-my.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Justice4all wrote:Statement Analysis - Josh Powell: "They Underestimate My Discipline"

Sunday, November 07, 2010
Seamus O'Reilly

~Snipped~

“Whether or not they ever have contact with my sons is their choice based on their own behavior,” he said.

A statement of control: if they do not yield to him, they will be deprived of seeing the grandchildren. Josh Powell's control over others continues, even after the ultimate control of Susan was exercised.

Yet information about Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3, is given out periodically on a website, Josh and Steve Powell maintain. The site recounts school projects, how the boys spent their Mother’s Day, and other information about them. The boys’ faces are blurred.

Life in Puyallup » Josh Powell and his children continue to live with Steve Powell. A brother and sister of Josh also live in the home.

Josh Powell said he has taken a job to which he commutes every day, though he declined to discuss where his job is or in what field. Charlie is attending kindergarten at a school near Steven Powell’s home.

On Thursday night, the boys ate a dinner of tacos and played in the living room while Josh and Steve Powell discussed the events of the past 11 months. Steve Powell said because they don’t know where Susan is, they have only told the boys that their mother is missing.

“All they know is she’s gone, and they want her back,” he said.

Josh Powell said he has been attending Parent Teacher Association meetings at Charlie’s school, despite objections from some parents. He criticized television station coverage of those objections.

“I’m a Marvel Comics super villain,” he said of the coverage.

Josh Powell is a villain. This may be in joking or sarcastic language, but he is correct.

Josh Powell said he will not move back to Utah nor attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — where he met his wife — again. Steve Powell, a former church member, has alleged members including the Coxes have waged a campaign against his son, something the Coxes have also adamantly denied

Steve Powell said he and his son expect to see Susan again. People wanting to find his daughter-in-law’s body to produce closure are “a bunch of morbid f------ assholes,” Steve Powell said.

Steve Powell should date Cindy Anthony.

“She absconded,” Steve Powell said. “We don’t believe she was abducted. We don’t believe she was murdered.”

such a man would not likely use "I" often; but "we", even when speaking for himself.

Read more: http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/11/josh-powell-they-underestimate-my.html
Justice4All, thank you for posting this article!

I always enjoy reading the analysis by Peter Hyatt (seamusoriley). He is right on. Hopefully, one day soon, Josh will be arrested! His father is an enabler like Cindy Anthony is to Casey Anthony!

Disgusting how Josh and his father are so disrespectful to Susan. Perhaps when the children become adults, they will read everything and see what kind of low-life their father really is. Maybe by then he will have been convicted of the murder of Susan.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 am

Susan Powell’s family speaks out about Josh Powell’s comments

November 8th, 2010 7:42 am MT

Susan Powell’s family appeared on Good Morning America Monday morning in response to Josh Powell’s comments. The family was angry about the comments Josh made to the Salt Lake Tribune. Susan Powell has been missing for almost a year.

“It's blatantly untrue," said Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father. "It's obviously a self-serving statement. It's untrue, it's all untrue."

Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves appeared on GMA and said:

"In the Powell family, my family, we're the ones with the mental illness, documented," she said. She said that Josh Powell's brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia. "I never saw Susan display symptoms," she said.

Read more:
http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-salt-lake-city/susan-powell-s-family-speaks-out-about-josh-powell-s-comments-video
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 am

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Susan's parents are supposed to be on JVM tonight.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks Fysty. I'm sure they will have plenty to say about Joshua's latest comments.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Family of Missing Utah Mother Susan Powell Fights Back Against Husband's Accusations
Joshua Powell, a Person of Interest in the Case, Called Missing Wife 'Extremely Unstable'

By ASHLEIGH BANFIELD and SARAH NETTER
Nov. 8, 2010

Harsh words from the husband of missing Utah mother Susan Powell has her family seething and adamant that she was not mentally ill when she disappeared nearly a year ago.

"It's blatantly untrue," Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, told "Good Morning America" today. "It's obviously a self-serving statement. It's untrue, it's all untrue."

Joshua Powell blasted his missing wife and her family in an interview this weekend with the Salt Lake Tribune. He called Susan Powell "extremely unstable" and blamed her family for keeping her in hiding and causing her to leave in the first place.

"She can't come back with them treating her this way," Joshua Powell said. "They want her to be perfect, a saint with no fallibility."

Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves, said she found her brother's claims that his wife was mentally ill to be ironic.

"In the Powell family, my family, we're the ones with the mental illness, documented," she said, noting that her and Joshua Powell's brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia. "I never saw Susan display symptoms," she said.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-susan-powell-fights-back-husbands-accusations/story?id=12084876&page=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:20 am

I'm glad that his sister confirms the mental illness on their side of the family. She didn't inherit it. I'm sure Jennifer has lost her family standing up against her own brother. She obviously loved Susan very much and wants everyone to see the truth for what it is, not just lie to yourself to protect a family member only because you are related.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Josh Powell's Father: FBI Believes Josh Had Nothing To Do With Susan's Disappearance

Friday, November 19 2010

Josh Powell's dad, Steve, is speaking out to 2News. He says his daughter-in-law, Susan, is still alive, and that she abandoned his son Josh and the couple's two young sons.

What's more, Steve says is that the FBI supports that scenario.

Steve says not only did Susan leave the family, but he that top investigators from the FBI also believe that very same thing. And, he says they don't think Josh had anything to do with the vanishing of Susan Powell.

In an email to 2News reporter Chris Jones, Steve wrote that FBI agents told him that they "believe Susan is alive,” and that “she left of her own accord."

Read more:
http://connect2utah.com/news-story?nxd_id=118716
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 pm

~Snipped~
In an email to 2News reporter Chris Jones, Steve wrote that FBI agents told him that they "believe Susan is alive,” and that “she left of her own accord."

It was last December when Susan was last seen. Her husband Josh says he took their two sons camping that night and when he returned, Susan was gone.

A short time later, Josh moved in with his dad Steve in Washington, where he's remained ever since.

Steve says the FBI has been out to talk with Josh times: on February 24th, May 11th and most recently just three days ago on the 16th. The FBI and West Valley Police would not comment on the email, citing the continuing investigation.

Steve says he and josh welcome the investigation saying "we have known all along that we have nothing to hide."

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Susan's family and friends says they think the only thing that could keep Susan from her kids is she has been harmed or is being held against her will.

It's just me, but I have a hard time believing that she left of her own accord.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 pm

I don't think she left on her own either...What are they gonna say, it was delayed post partum depression or post traumatic disorder...I think if Josh really thought this he wouldn't have packed up and left town..
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm

x

Last edited by tish on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 pm

When I read that Tish, I just thought what a strange thing to say.........

One thing I'd like to have reporters ask him, maybe they have but I haven't seen it. Has he taken his young children on anymore last minute midnight camping trips since Susan went missing?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Feds want Susan Powell’s childhood journals, father-in-law says

By nate carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Dec 1, 2010 06:30PM

~Snipped~

In e-mails to The Tribune, Powell’s father-in-law, Steve Powell, said agents from the U.S. Marshals Service arrived Nov. 16 at his Puyallup, Wash., home.

"The U.S. Marshals asked about Susan’s childhood journals," Steve Powell wrote. "Of course, we are happy to cooperate with law enforcement in any way we can."

In a follow-up e-mail, Steve Powell said: "They asked for a copy and we have worked diligently to quickly create a complete copy. We have let them know their copy is ready, and are waiting to hear back."

A representative from the Marshals Service office in Seattle did not return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told The Tribune in November they wanted the journals so they could keep them as heirlooms and ensure their grandsons receive them one day. Steven Powell has accused the Coxes of sending one of his daughters to steal the journals from his home.

"It is fair and right for Susan’s husband and children to have Susan’s original journals until she returns," Steve Powell wrote in an e-mail. "Don’t you think?"

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50786860-76/powell-susan-journals-west.html.csp
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 am

Life is under a microscope for Susan Powell’s husband

By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Dec 5, 2010 01:01AM

Puyallup, Wash. • The home didn’t use to have a fence.

A year ago, Steve Powell’s home had an open backyard, like most in this community in suburban Seattle.

Then his daughter-in-law, Susan, disappeared from the West Valley City home she shared with Josh Powell and their two young sons. Josh Powell moved in with his father after being named by police as the only person of interest in his wife’s disappearance.

The brown, wooden privacy fence went up not long afterward, said Brooke Thomas, a neighbor in the Silver Creek subdivision.

“When he’s out,” Thomas said of Josh Powell, “I watch to see what he’s doing.”

Such is life for the Powell family here. They have tried to maintain some privacy since Josh Powell moved and his wife’s disappearance became the subject of national headlines — mostly, the family says, for the sake of the boys, ages 5 and 3. But when the family goes out, they are noticed.

“Josh built the fence to provide a safe place for his children to play outside because they are very young,” Steve Powell said last week in an e-mail to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50706609-78/powell-josh-susan-thomas.html.csp
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Josh Powell’s father says Susan ran away with missing Utah man

By Aaron Falk and SHeena McFarland
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Dec 5, 2010 04:39PM

A year after his wife’s disappearance, Josh Powell and his family are advancing a theory about what happened to Susan Cox Powell.

For a year, the families of Susan Powell and Steven Koecher have searched and grieved.

Now Josh Powell and his father say two of the state’s most notable missing person cases from last year are more than just parallel, they’re intertwined.

It’s the most specific Josh Powell and his father, Steve Powell, have been in theorizing what might have happened to Susan.

On the website run by the Powells, Josh and Steve make their case: Susan Powell and Koecher are about the same age, members of the LDS Church and both were in West Valley City during the week of their disappearances in December 2009. The website alleges that Susan Powell and Koecher absconded to Brazil, where they potentially married and started a new life.

Family members of both Susan Powell and Koecher say there is no truth to the story.

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50811597-76/powell-susan-koecher-josh.html.csp?page=1

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Here is the link to the theory on the Powell's website.

http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Response/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell-Parallel-Timelines-Connection.aspx

If there was anything to this theory, I would think computer or cell phone records would confirm a connection between Susan and Steven prior to their disappearances. I saw articles about this possible connection as far back as last March, so I'm sure authorities have checked it out by now.

I would like to know what Josh's cellphone pings showed the night Susan disappeared unless he was smart enough to leave it behind.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 am

Hi, Justice!

Thank you for the updates.

It is amazing how the guilty can come up with theories to take the focus off of themselves!

This reminds me of Cindy Anthony and her efforts to point the finger at various folks but not Casey!

I've read many of the articles regarding this case as it unfolded. I paid attention to what Josh's sister and her husband had to say.

I do not think that Susan would have just walked and left her children. Maybe Susan told Josh she is done with his controlling ways and she is filing for divorce. Maybe he would rather have seen her dead than "let" her divorce him!

Josh's behavior even points to guilty. Who takes small children camping in freezing temps in the snow at midnight? If Susan would have left, as Josh and his father are claiming, I would think Josh would have been very cooperative with Law Enforcement. Why the sudden move? The list of questions go on forever and Josh's behavior from day one speaks volumes.

One of these days, maybe there will be a break in the case. I can hardly wait to see Josh and his dad crumble!

Oh, Josh has the audacity to say Susan suffered from mental illness. Is he a physician? Maybe he is trying to say he mentally abused Susan.

I find Josh and his dad disgusting.

All of the above is just my opinion!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 pm

I just don't believe that Susan ran away with another man. I suppose anything is possible, but I just don't buy it. Josh's last minute midnight freezing temp camping trip did it for me........
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Conjecture on Powell pours salt on wounds

Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2010 10:21 p.m. MST
Lee Benson, Deseret News

Nothing like a punch to the gut on an anniversary you never wanted to observe.

It was a year ago yesterday that 28-year-old mom and housewife Susan Powell disappeared from her home in West Valley City and a year ago this coming Monday that 30-year-old Steven Koecher, a resident of St. George at the time, was last seen walking away from his car in Henderson, Nev.

For the 12 longest months of their lives, the families of these two Utahns, gone without a trace in the prime of life, have had to endure despair followed by repeated disappointment as exhaustive law enforcement investigations and massive volunteer searches have yielded no credible leads in either case.

Now, as the cold of December returns, a new twist has emerged about what happened to them.

Susan Powell and Steven Koecher ran off together, it is being speculated. They're alive and well and living most likely in Brazil, where Koecher was once a missionary.

It's a scenario that transforms Susan and Steven from victims into cheats and crooks.

The sole source for this conjecture comes from a website, SusanPowell.org, maintained by Susan's husband, Josh, and Josh's father, Steve Powell.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700089432/Conjecture-on-Powell-pours-salt-on-wounds.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for the update, Justice!

Thanks to the reporter who wrote this article. I can not believe some of the media ran with the garbage that Josh and his father peddled!

Grocery store rag mags put that type of trash out on a regular basis. It is disrespectful to Susan and Steven. I feel sorry for their families that they have to be subjected to the trash story that Josh and his dad are generating.

Why didn't the same media that gave Josh and his dad a platform to spread their speculation about Susan and Steven do an in-depth story on Josh and his dad?

Josh and his dad: Disgusting!
Josh, where is your wife and the mother of your children, Susan?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:47 am

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Josh Powell's Website

As difficult as it may be to fathom such a thing, Josh Powell (and his father) have a website using Susan Cox' name which posted what follows below. Statement analysis is in bold type with Powell' writing in plain text.

We hope to post a series of analysis of articles posted by Powell.

We won't link directly to the website in respect to the Cox family.

Also out of respect to the victim, Susan will be referred to with the Cox name.

Previous analysis shows:

Josh Powell deceptive about the disappearance of Susan
Josh Powell's father, appears to also withhold information that was likely given to him by his son. The father's choice of language in the previous analysis shows a need to bully and control and it is in this atmosphere that Josh Powell's insecurity and violence were nurtured.

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/11/josh-powell-they-underestimate-my.html
We will be posting various articles from the web site along with statement analysis.

Note that the posting are offensive and demeaning to Susan and her family. This was originally posted in November. It is in plain text with analysis following in bold type......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh and his parents are just sick, sick, sick. This is an incredible read. kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 am

Human remains found in desert near Stockton in Tooele County

Published: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:52 p.m. MDT
By Dennis Romboy, Deseret News

STOCKTON, Tooele County — Authorities late Sunday were trying determine the identity of a body found in the desert near Stockton.

Tooele County Attorney Doug Hogan came across the remains about 5 p.m. while checking spring runoff in the area where his family runs a ranch, said Tooele County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Sharmann.

Sharmann wouldn't say whether the body was male or female or how long it might have been there. "Right now we we haven't been able to identify anything," he said.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705372692/Human-remains-found-in-desert-near-Stockton-in-Tooele-County.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Thank you J4A This is another very disturbing case. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I hope they hold a press conference soon and there is some type of evidence left at the scene.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Medical examiner analyzing human remains found near Stockton

May 16th, 2011 @ 2:55pm
By ksl.com - Boise, Idaho

STOCKTON, Tooele County -- The investigation has wrapped up at the scene of a body found northwest of a subdivision west of Stockton. Police say they have the information they need to continue piecing together how a badly decomposed body ended up near farm property northwest of a subdivision in Stockton.

Read more:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=15569301&autostart=y
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

I hope the remains found are those of Susan. I feel so sorry for her family.

I think Josh Powell murdered Susan. As this story unfolded, red flags went up all over the place regarding Josh. His story does not add up. I think he is despicable and his father is disgusting!

I commend his sister and her husband for their support in finding Susan.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 17, 2011 9:22 am

Ditto, Ann..........he's a liar and he killed her in my opinion.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 am

Susan Powell: Men’s clothing discovered with body found in Utah’s Tooele County

May 16th, 2011 8:19 pm ET

Stockton, Ut. - On Sunday afternoon, human remains were discovered in Tooele County near Stockton, Utah. Initially, there was speculation they may belong to missing woman, Susan Powell, who vanished over a year ago. Investigators now report that men’s clothing was found with the remains, lending some doubt to the theory that Susan may have been found.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/susan-powell-men-s-clothing-discovered-with-body-found-utah-s-tooele-county#ixzz1McEvKPtz
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 am

I hope this is Susan and the clothes are her dispicable husband's
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 17, 2011 10:27 am

That's what I was thinking Estee.........
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next