Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developing Stories

+47
Cricket4
Soprano1
Gizmo711
nattyjk
Calypso
Hinky Refugee
Lash
Dis
NoZone9
nanaof4
justanopinion
Requiem
KZ
Cubs Fan
CA Lady
ClaireUncensored
wonderingwhy
Snaz
Hunters G-ma
Nene_Please
Marica
ellejay
FystyAngel
stark3923
SweetT
nanshin
mom2chloe
angiefly2
Trueblue
Tamta
Honeysage
Estee
Chickenbutt
CherokeeNative
snowbird
Hinky's Mimi
Freckles
sitemama
Alessandra_Deux
summerthyme
tesstruhart
Julie
Stolat
jacct
lostyou
Justice4all
Ann - Tx
51 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Developing Stories Empty Developing Stories

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

There have been several requests to set up a Developing Stories thread. It was a very popular thread at The Hinky Meter and had a large number of hits each day.

More importantly, it is a thread that many Hinksters brought many "developing stories" to our attention. Many times Valhall would cover a case based on the interest involved. A recent case is the Isabel Celis gone missing story.

Justice4All, Site Administrator, is familiar with Developing Stories at the "late" Hinky Meter. He will decide if he wants to keep this thread in this format.

If we posted each new breaking story on a new thread in Daily News, we could end up with 50 or more threads a day.

Some stories that break are resolved within hours; some a few days.

My thoughts are that if it becomes a continued development, we can move it to Missing Persons; Unsolved Homicide or the appropriate section.

I know folks are interested in posting their Developing Stories now: today.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Developing Stories Empty Re: Developing Stories

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Ann - Tx, my fingers are crossed in keeping the thread. imo, the thread serves a lot of uses. Sometimes we could just update a past case.

Like in the case of Anne Marie Fahay, Ann Rule wrote her story about her murder by the prominent attorney Thomas Capanio, former attorney to the Governor. I was shocked to read Thomas dropped dead of a heart attack in his cell, imo, he deserved a much longer, miserable punishment than getting to check out from life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 12:21 pm

We will definitely keep this thread. If a story posted here gets large enough where it should have it's own thread, we will set the thread up in the appropriate section and post a link to it.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 12:22 pm

thank you Ann, Hope this thread will stay. If not I get it. Like walking into someone's house and asking the to re-arrange their furniture for your comfort. I really appreciate everyone here being so nice.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

lostyou wrote:thank you Ann, Hope this thread will stay. If not I get it. Like walking into someone's house and asking the to re-arrange their furniture for your comfort. I really appreciate everyone here being so nice.

lostyou, I agree, RC has really been patient & bending over backwards for us, I too understand their decision, & I appreciate all they have done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Justice4all wrote:We will definitely keep this thread. If a story posted here gets large enough where it should have it's own thread, we will set the thread up in the appropriate section and post a link to it.

J4A, too cool, I didn't see your comment before I posted above. The thing is, sometimes just a comment can be shared about an upcoming trial or case & doesn't really need a topic, or in the example I made of Anne Marie's case, her murderer dying in prison.

It can't be said enough, you guy's are just great, trust me, as former Hinkites, we are greatful you have provided a new home in an established site that has a solid reputation, Ann Tx is your biggest cheer leader, well, she is ours too.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Did anyone else see this?
Man's guilty plea ends murder case of Aliahna Lemmon
Snipped from: http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120512/NEWS/120519864/1005
MIKE PLUMADORE PLEADS GUILTY!!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by jacct Mon May 14, 2012 12:50 pm

lostyou wrote:Did anyone else see this?
Snipped from: http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120512/NEWS/120519864/1005

Lostyou,

Thanks for the update, I missed this on Friday. I'm glad he plead guilty, saves the cost of a trial.
jacct
jacct

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 12:55 pm

J4A, thank you for keeping this thread. I think you will have a lot of happy former Hinksters! I'm one of them.

Developing Stories was my favorite thread at THM and like art tart said, we used it for many things such as notification of upcoming trials, updates for cases that may be closed, what Nancy Grace was going to cover on her show for the night, etc.

It was the "go to" thread for the Hinksters to find out what is "developing."

I'm a happy camper!

Also, some of the new members have excellent ideas and I hope they share some of their ideas and suggestions with you, J4A.

After they've been on the threads, they might have some suggestions that you might want to incorporate.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm always open to making the site more user friendly. I'm thinking about making the forum page the Homepage if that would be easier for everybody. I would move the current homepage to another location and provide a link.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm

jacct wrote:
lostyou wrote:Did anyone else see this?

Lostyou,

Thanks for the update, I missed this on Friday. I'm glad he plead guilty, saves the cost of a trial.
He always looked so guilty during the hearings, always kept his head down, I thought there's no way he can face a jury. So glad!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 1:11 pm

art tart wrote:
lostyou wrote:thank you Ann, Hope this thread will stay. If not I get it. Like walking into someone's house and asking the to re-arrange their furniture for your comfort. I really appreciate everyone here being so nice.

lostyou, I agree, RC has really been patient & bending over backwards for us, I too understand their decision, & I appreciate all they have done.

I agree - I was thinking yesterday it's like a high school that had all the neighborhood zones re-drawn so you had to pick up and change schools in the middle of the year. Everyone's been so friendly and inviting - and no one's stuffed me in a locker yet!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Stolat wrote:
art tart wrote:

I agree - I was thinking yesterday it's like a high school that had all the neighborhood zones re-drawn so you had to pick up and change schools in the middle of the year. Everyone's been so friendly and inviting - and no one's stuffed me in a locker yet!

...yet! shifty

Very Happy

Last edited by Julie on Mon May 14, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Thank you Ann for starting this thread and thank you very very much J4A for being so accomodating for us. This has been such a 'lifesaver' for us hinkeys that have been (as Stolat so eloquently put it) lost at sea. I know that I along with everyone else is very grateful for a place for us to pursue our trials and opine and sleuth and trade information and just vent.
Thank you and I hope to be someone who can contribute something to the conversation.
I just started watching a trial on In Session which is Florida Vs. Kaufman. This man is accused of murdering his wife. The defense thus far as objected to EVERYTHING from the prosecution. I am not really familiar with it, but during the pros. opening they made a point of telling the jury to listen carefully to the 911 call. It was about 15 min, in length. What I heard, was a distraught man trying to give CPR to a dead woman. One of the interesting side notes is that he is an Identical twin. So when the EMT got there they said he was dressed in a suit with a watch and cologne on, but defense no he had on flip flops and not dressed in a suit at all. Did they see the twin?? anyway, should be interesting and another Florida case....jeeesh.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Sounds interesting tesstruhart.

What is it about Florida?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm

lol@solat in the locker and THAT dog too !!
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Justice4all wrote:We will definitely keep this thread. If a story posted here gets large enough where it should have it's own thread, we will set the thread up in the appropriate section and post a link to it.

Thank you so much.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Missing Nebraska Mom, Child May be in Iowa

Story Created: May 14, 2012 at 6:51 AM CDT

(Story Updated: May 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM CDT )

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. - Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a Plattsmouth woman and her 11-year-old son.

Plattsmouth police said Charlotte and Owen Schilling were last seen about 10 a.m. Thursday in the Plattsmouth area. They haven't been heard from since.

Police said Charlotte Schilling's vehicle was found Friday near Lake Manawa, which is just across the Nebraska border near Council Bluffs, Iowa.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Missing-Nebraska-Mom-Child-May-be-in-Iowa-151350455.html

Missing Nebraska woman’s car found in Iowa

May 14, 2012 By Matt Kelley

An eastern Nebraska woman and her young son are missing and the clues have led to southwestern Iowa.

Forty-one-year-old Charlotte Schilling was last reported seen on Thursday last week when she checked her ten-year-old son, Owen, out of his elementary school in Plattsmouth, a town on the Missouri River about 20 miles south of Omaha.

Schilling’s car was found late on Friday on the Iowa side of the river near Lake Manawa, just south of Council Bluffs.

Authorities say Schilling’s cell phone and wallet were in the car’s trunk.

http://nebraskaradionetwork.com/2012/05/14/missing-nebraska-womans-car-found-in-iowa/

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Vatican mystery intensifies, bones found in grave

NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press
Updated 02:23 p.m., Monday, May 14, 2012
Developing Stories 628x471
Forensic police unload equipment in the courtyard of Sant' Apollinare Basilica, in Rome, Monday, May 14, 2012. Indications mounted Monday that the tomb of reputed mobster Enrico De Pedis was to be opened inside the basilica as part of an investigation into one of the Vatican's enduring mysteries: the 1983 disappearance of the teenage daughter of a Vatican employee, Emanuela Orlandi. ITALY OUT Photo: Roberto Monaldo / PRESL

ROME (AP) — Forensic police swarmed the crypt of a Roman basilica on Monday to exhume the body of a reputed mobster as part of an investigation into one of the Vatican's most enduring mysteries: the 1983 disappearance of the teenage daughter of one of its employees.

Medical experts took samples from the remains of Enrico De Pedis and also took boxes of old bones from the nearby ossuary, according to a De Pedis family lawyer, as part of the investigation into whether Emanuela Orlandi may have been buried alongside him.

Orlandi was 15 when she disappeared in 1983 after leaving her family's Vatican City apartment to go to a music lesson in Rome. Her father was a lay employee of the Holy See.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Vatican-mystery-intensifies-bones-found-in-grave-3555951.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 5:18 pm

RE: Isabel Celis case will be discussed on Nancy Grace tonight

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
CNN - Nancy Grace Show 5-14-12

Tonight, 5-14-12, on Nancy Grace

8 pm EDT/ 10 pm EDT

ABC: Isabel's Dad Banned From Family

Dad of missing Isabel Celis banned from seeing family, reports ABC News! Isabel’s mom reportedly has sole custody of Isabel’s older brothers. Why are cops reportedly keeping Isabel Celis’ dad away from his own family?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Goodman Will Get House Arrest Through Appeals

John Goodman Sentenced to 16 Years in Prison, But Not Until After Appeals

By Rich Abdill Mon., May 14 2012 at 7:56 AM

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/05/john_goodman_house_arrest.php#more
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Featured Videos

Massive search for missing FBI agentMay 14, 2012
- 2:18 -

Rescue teams look for law enforcement officer

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1637900791001/massive-search-for-missing-fbi-agent
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Julie wrote:Sounds interesting tesstruhart.

Julie, I was rabid about OJ's trial, I thought everyone in Cal. had lost their minds, the news from there was crazy, good & bad. I guess when you follow a case, you become acquainted with the area, & the local news.

THEN OJ moved to Fla. to screw Fred Goldman over, Fla. has more lenient laws for bankruptsy, of course beautiful golf courses for OJ to entertain himself. That had to be it! Then, I started following Caylee's case from day one, & reading all the news there . I still can't believe how much crime there is in Fla., a friend of mine lived there & said she attributed it to so many transcient. It may just be I follow a lot of cases from there & you gotta love the Sunshine Law. I followed Bob ward's case, glad that A hole got convicted, but not before he claimed he "was convicted because everyone was angry KC walked on murder & that's why he was convicted." Shout out to Bob, the Sunshine Law produced the appalling jail house videos of you, laughing & entertaining your daughter pretending to strip, Diane,the murder victim's sister was there laughing her butt off. Then it was shared during trial, Diane's sister made $ 400,000.00 per year off Bob's company. Appalling, it seemed like no one grieved for the murdered Diane, it was terribly sad how soon her family forgot her. Then a few years ago, the murder of Mr./Mrs. Billingsly, the parent's of the adopted special needs kids. Hell, if I hear something happens, I just assume it's in Fla. You can't overlook Elgin giving Tiger exactly what he deserved, the she divorced him & took nearly 100 million dollars of his money. She deserved it imo, she is presently building herself a new mansion in Fla.

Now this high profile case of George Zimmeman from Sanford, near Orlando, I swear you can't make it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Thank you Ann for starting this thread and thank you very very much J4A for being so accomodating for us. This has been such a 'lifesaver' for us hinkeys that have been (as Stolat so eloquently put it) lost at sea. I know that I along with everyone else is very grateful for a place for us to pursue our trials and opine and sleuth and trade information and just vent.
Thank you and I hope to be someone who can contribute something to the conversation.
I just started watching a trial on In Session which is Florida Vs. Kaufman. This man is accused of murdering his wife. The defense thus far as objected to EVERYTHING from the prosecution. I am not really familiar with it, but during the pros. opening they made a point of telling the jury to listen carefully to the 911 call. It was about 15 min, in length. What I heard, was a distraught man trying to give CPR to a dead woman. One of the interesting side notes is that he is an Identical twin. So when the EMT got there they said he was dressed in a suit with a watch and cologne on, but defense no he had on flip flops and not dressed in a suit at all. Did they see the twin?? anyway, should be interesting and another Florida case....jeeesh.

I am also following the case against Adam Kaufman for the murder of his wife in 2007.

Opening Statements Monday in Aventura Murder Trial

Developer Adam Kaufman charged with murdering wife in 2007

By Brian Hamacher and Ari Odzer | Monday, May 14, 2012 | Updated 8:42 PM EDT

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Opening-Statements-Monday-in-Aventura-Murder-Trial-151363145.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Newlywed Found Stabbed to Death in Bathtub

Estrella Carrera got married on Friday, leaves behind two children

By BJ Lutz and Christian Farr
Monday, May 14, 2012

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/estrella-carrera-burbank-homicide-bathtub-stabbing-151418005.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

art tart wrote:

Julie, I was rabid about OJ's trial, I thought everyone in Cal. had lost their minds, the news from there was crazy, good & bad. I guess when you follow a case, you become acquainted with the area, & the local news.

THEN OJ moved to Fla. to screw Fred Goldman over, Fla. has more lenient laws for bankruptsy, of course beautiful golf courses for OJ to entertain himself. That had to be it! Then, I started following Caylee's case from day one, & reading all the news there . I still can't believe how much crime there is in Fla., a friend of mine lived there & said she attributed it to so many transcient. It may just be I follow a lot of cases from there & you gotta love the Sunshine Law. I followed Bob ward's case, glad that A hole got convicted, but not before he claimed he "was convicted because everyone was angry KC walked on murder & that's why he was convicted." Shout out to Bob, the Sunshine Law produced the appalling jail house videos of you, laughing & entertaining your daughter pretending to strip, Diane,the murder victim's sister was there laughing her butt off. Then it was shared during trial, Diane's sister made $ 400,000.00 per year off Bob's company. Appalling, it seemed like no one grieved for the murdered Diane, it was terribly sad how soon her family forgot her. Then a few years ago, the murder of Mr./Mrs. Billingsly, the parent's of the adopted special needs kids. Hell, if I hear something happens, I just assume it's in Fla. You can't overlook Elgin giving Tiger exactly what he deserved, the she divorced him & took nearly 100 million dollars of his money. She deserved it imo, she is presently building herself a new mansion in Fla.

Now this high profile case of George Zimmeman from Sanford, near Orlando, I swear you can't make it up.

You assume it's in FL..... Laughing
I agree with you though, there is a lot of stuff going on in Florida.
And don't forget about the 12 Developing Stories 634663 s that served on Casey's jury.

At least our members here from FL are sane.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Julie said:

They are sane and Intelligent, and were not on the Ant's jury, so not all Floridians are bad, we just hear about the bad ones.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 am

sitemama wrote:Julie said:

They are sane and Intelligent, and were not on the Ant's jury, so not all Floridians are bad, we just hear about the bad ones.

That's exactly what I meant to say. Developing Stories 88030
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 am

Heather Hodges Missing: Young Mother Vanished Without A Trace

Posted: 05/14/2012 1:06 pm Updated: 05/14/2012 1:12 pm

David Lohr
Developing Stories R-HEATHERHODGES-large570

Concern is growing for a 22-year-old mother of one who has been missing for five weeks in Virginia.

Heather Hodges was last seen on April 9 by her boyfriend, 39-year-old Paul Jordan. Jordan told police he had left the couple's Franklin County home at about 10:30 p.m. that night to get Hodges a late-night snack at a Dairy Queen in nearby Wirtz. Jordan told police he was gone for approximately 10 minutes and, when he returned, his girlfriend was gone.

According to Lt. Todd Maxey, of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, Hodges left behind her 2-year-old daughter and her personal possessions, including her car, purse and cellphone.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/14/heather-hodges-missing-mom-virginia_n_1515068.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Tue May 15, 2012 12:55 am

Justice4all wrote:Newlywed Found Stabbed to Death in Bathtub

Monday, May 14, 2012

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/estrella-carrera-burbank-homicide-bathtub-stabbing-151418005.html
No mention of the groom.
Also says relatives last heard from her 2 am Saturday, must have been after the celebration. So it would seem soon after she arrived home. Alcohol related I wonder?
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 15, 2012 1:14 am

art tart-
Back in the days I would hustle the kids off to school, load the VCR, grab the coffee and cigs and settle in to watch the OJ trial. Eventually, when I moved, I offered the uncut vids ( commercials removed) to a local college. They declined! I gave them to Salvation Army. I lived and breathed the OJ trial.

Later, I taped the hearings for Prez Clinton. Salvation Army inherited those as well. I followed the Manson trial.

Reginald Denny riots. They were bad, bad, bad. So much destructive civil unrest.

IMO, many of us follow the different cases because we ARE more than curious as to how the situation happened, we are outraged humans would behave in such an " human-ely" fashion. We would like to find some security in knowing the results and proper individuals are found accountable.

I do not like to see a mockery made of our justice system. At times, I can champion it but I am seeing more abuse of authority and less accountability. There is no security, no honor in that "Casey Anthony " method for me. (The Marines have a motto they will NOT leave behind a fallen soldier. Where ever they are, if it takes the lives of two other soldiers to retrieve the body of a fallen American, so be it.I want to know MY courts will back me in like fashion.)

When it comes to a child missing, IMO, I do believe a parent or both parents should immediately be suspect and arrested. After all, they and they alone are the best (and often) the only protectors of the well being of a child. They are the spokespersons for the minor. We coddle the parents too much. (They can always be exonerated later. )
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:Thank you Ann for starting this thread and thank you very very much J4A for being so accomodating for us. This has been such a 'lifesaver' for us hinkeys that have been (as Stolat so eloquently put it) lost at sea. I know that I along with everyone else is very grateful for a place for us to pursue our trials and opine and sleuth and trade information and just vent.

I am also following the case against Adam Kaufman for the murder of his wife in 2007.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Opening-Statements-Monday-in-Aventura-Murder-Trial-151363145.html

New Thread: Adam Kaufman murder trial - FL

tesstruhart and Alessandra_Deux, thank you for bringing our attention to the Adam Kaufman case. The murder trial got underway on Monday, 5-14-12.

I have set up a thread in the Forum under Current Trials. This is a Direct Link:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3814-adam-kaufman-murder-trial-murder-of-eleonora-kaufman-11-7-07-aventura-fl#136927
Reality Chatter - CURRENT TRIALS Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 am

For anybody living in or planning a trip near or to Mississippi state area, you should be aware of the information in this article.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/14/11702618-gunman-in-2-killings-may-be-police-imposter-mississippi-officials-warn

Police in Mississippi are warning drivers that it is possible someone posing as a police officer may be stopping drivers along the highways. Two people have been found shot dead in their cars. Police suggest that, if a person has any doubts while being stopped by police, that person is legally allowed, in Mississippi, to put on their emergency flashers and drive slowly to a well lighted, populated area before stopping their car.

Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am

Julie wrote:
art tart wrote:

And don't forget about the 12 Developing Stories 634663 s that served on Casey's jury.

Julie, it's great to have members from Fla., they help put it all in perspective & more importantly, their SANE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 am

Hinky's Mimi wrote:For anybody living in or planning a trip near or to Mississippi state area, you should be aware of the information in this article.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/14/11702618-gunman-in-2-killings-may-be-police-imposter-mississippi-officials-warn

Police in Mississippi are warning drivers that it is possible someone posing as a police officer may be stopping drivers along the highways. Two people have been found shot dead in their cars. Police suggest that, if a person has any doubts while being stopped by police, that person is legally allowed, in Mississippi, to put on their emergency flashers and drive slowly to a well lighted, populated area before stopping their car.

Thanks for the info. It would also be a great time to call 911 or local PD and ASK them if there is an officer in the area.

Years ago, I was shopping second hand store. I found a complete PD uniform minus the badge. Pants, shirt with insignia and rank, etc. I ask it to be removed from sale; they would not. The store thought someone might buy it for... HALLOWEEN! witch So. I kicked out the twelve plus bucks, bought the uniform, and GAVE it to the police department just to keep it out of the hands of a would-be crook! (PD truly weren't concerned. The uniform belonged to a retired officer.) And no, PD did NOT reimburse me my money. No good deed goes unpunished.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 am

art tart wrote:
Julie wrote:
art tart wrote:

Julie, it's great to have members from Fla., they help put it all in perspective & more importantly, their SANE!

I agree art tart! Too bad the people in FL have the likes of the Anthonys & Bozo & the jury in their state.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 15, 2012 12:57 pm

I hate to bring up the Casey Anthony case, but since Baez wrote a book and was on HLN promoting the book, I have a question.
If he writes about George molesting Casey, could he not get sued if he has no proof? Are can he just right Casey said this happen and that would relieve him of any law suits?
How far can you go in ruining a man's reputation with out proof?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Ex-Murdoch editor Brooks, five others, charged over phone-hacking scandal

Video

Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and her husband, Charlie Brooks, have been charged with perverting the course of justice during the U.K. phone hacking scandal. ITV's Keir Simmons reports.

By msnbc.com and news services

Updated at 11:05 a.m. ET: LONDON - Rebekah Brooks, a close confidante of Rupert Murdoch, was charged on Tuesday with interfering with a police investigation into a phone hacking scandal that has rocked the tycoon's empire and sent shockwaves through the British political establishment.

"I have concluded ... there is sufficient evidence for there to be a realistic prospect of conviction," Alison Levitt, the principal legal adviser to Britain's Director of Public Prosecutions, said in a statement.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/15/11712098-ex-murdoch-editor-brooks-five-others-charged-over-phone-hacking-scandal?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 pm

crystal ball
Ann - Tx wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

New Thread: Adam Kaufman murder trial - FL

tesstruhart and Alessandra_Deux, thank you for bringing our attention to the Adam Kaufman case. The murder trial got underway on Monday, 5-14-12.

I have set up a thread in the Forum under Current Trials. This is a Direct Link:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3814-adam-kaufman-murder-trial-murder-of-eleonora-kaufman-11-7-07-aventura-fl#136927
Reality Chatter - CURRENT TRIALS Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Thank you, Ann.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Florida mother kills 4 children, then herself, deputies say

By Jim Gold, msnbc.com

Updated at 1:20 p.m. ET: A Florida mother killed her four children and then shot herself Tuesday morning as Brevard County, Fla., deputies closed in on her Port St. John home, authorities said.

Deputies said the mother, identified as Tonya Thomas, 33, sent a warning text message to a friend before the shootings, but the friend didn’t see the text until later.

Read more:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/15/11716702-florida-mother-kills-4-children-then-herself-deputies-say?lite
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 4:24 pm

lostyou wrote:
Justice4all wrote:Newlywed Found Stabbed to Death in Bathtub

Monday, May 14, 2012

No mention of the groom.
Also says relatives last heard from her 2 am Saturday, must have been after the celebration. So it would seem soon after she arrived home. Alcohol related I wonder?

Kinda hard to stab yourself when you're plastered drunk. ok, that was bad.

I read in other articles that there had been several reports at her address of domestic violence. Assuming that would be the groom (?) They had all gone to a bar on Friday night to celebrate after the wedding. Maybe alcohol was involved and there are heightened paranoid jealousies. She obviously didn't even get out of her dress so I'm guessing a fight must have occurred on the way home and continued in the home. Maybe the old story of girl gets hit on by a barfly and boyfriend/hubby overreacts.

Why wouldn't she tell anyone she was marrying him? Even family. I'm guessing because he's a real badass that all the family would try to talk her out of marrying. Probably with good cause.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 5:50 pm

snowbird wrote:I hate to bring up the Casey Anthony case, but since Baez wrote a book and was on HLN promoting the book, I have a question.
If he writes about George molesting Casey, could he not get sued if he has no proof? Are can he just right Casey said this happen and that would relieve him of any law suits?
snowbird, I happened to see Baez on Dr. Drew last night, he shared a little bit, not much, he stated he couldn't because of the publishing company. He wasn't as dispicable as he has been in the past, imo, I guess he had to act humbled by the whole experience since he needs to sell books.

He did say that he spent a lot of time, weeks & weeks at the beginning of the case at the ANT home until 11:00 at night & suggested how the family was strange. He promises that the book is going to have the information about the family BUT the book is going to be his story & what the defense faced.

He too claimed, as he always does that KC is nothing like her public persona! I shout bullchit on that! we have seen that skank in action TOO MANY times!

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 15, 2012 6:27 pm

art tart wrote:
snowbird wrote:I hate to bring up the Casey Anthony case, but since Baez wrote a book and was on HLN promoting the book, I have a question.
snowbird, I happened to see Baez on Dr. Drew last night, he shared a little bit, not much, he stated he couldn't because of the publishing company. He wasn't as dispicable as he has been in the past, imo, I guess he had to act humbled by the whole experience since he needs to sell books.
I know, I won't be buying the book. We will know parts of it anyway because it will make the news. Laughing

He did say that he spent a lot of time, weeks & weeks at the beginning of the case at the ANT home until 11:00 at night & suggested how the family was strange. He promises that the book is going to have the information about the family BUT the book is going to be his story & what the defense faced.

He too claimed, as he always does that KC is nothing like her public persona! I shout bullchit on that! we have seen that skank in action TOO MANY times!
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Developing Stories Empty Jury needs more time in Powell voyeurism trial

Post by jacct Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 pm

A Washington jury needs more time to deliberate in the voyeurism case against the father-in-law of a missing Utah mother. Jurors broke for the day Tuesday afternoon after considering Steve Powell's fate for several hours. They planned to return at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Powell faces 14 counts of voyeurism stemming from what prosecutors say are images found on a disc in his bedroom of young girls who lived next door.

http://columbustelegram.com/news/national/voyeurism-case-against-father-in-law-goes-to-jury/article_5282d924-376e-53fd-8d83-1d608f50576d.html
jacct
jacct

Back to top Go down

Developing Stories Empty Jorelys Rivera's mom arrested in domestic dispute

Post by jacct Tue May 15, 2012 8:47 pm

The mother of Jorelys Rivera, the 7-year-old who was slain by a groundskeeper at a Canton apartment complex in December, was arrested after a domestic dispute with her partner, police said. According to a police report, officers were called to the home of Jocelyn Rivera-Ruiz in the 8300 block of Walden Crossing Drive in Canton around 6:55 p.m. Monday. (The incident report spelled the woman's name "Joselinne Rivera-Ruiz.")

Rivera-Ruiz and her partner, Maria Americano, had gotten into a fight, the report said.

Americano's daughter called police, and officers arrived to find Americano locked in a bedroom with Rivera-Ruiz' two children, ages 1 and 4. Police noticed bruises and scratches on both women, the report said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/jorelys-riveras-mom-arrested-1438164.html
jacct
jacct

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Goodman, John: Florida
Status hearing

"WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A status hearing for John Goodman will be held tomorrow morning at 8:30."

Link will have live vid tomorrow.
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_c_palm_beach_county/west_palm_beach/john-goodman-one-step-closer-to-release

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm

jacct wrote:The mother of Jorelys Rivera, the 7-year-old who was slain by a groundskeeper at a Canton apartment complex in December, was arrested after a domestic dispute with her partner, police said. According to a police report, officers were called to the home of Jocelyn Rivera-Ruiz in the 8300 block of Walden Crossing Drive in Canton around 6:55 p.m. Monday. (The incident report spelled the woman's name "Joselinne Rivera-Ruiz.")

Rivera-Ruiz and her partner, Maria Americano, had gotten into a fight, the report said.

Americano's daughter called police, and officers arrived to find Americano locked in a bedroom with Rivera-Ruiz' two children, ages 1 and 4. Police noticed bruises and scratches on both women, the report said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/jorelys-riveras-mom-arrested-1438164.html

This is just ridiculous, I wish CPS would remove her other 2 children from the home, clearly, they are not her priority imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 pm

jacct wrote:A Washington jury needs more time to deliberate in the voyeurism case against the father-in-law of a missing Utah mother. Jurors broke for the day Tuesday afternoon after considering Steve Powell's fate for several hours. They planned to return at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Powell faces 14 counts of voyeurism stemming from what prosecutors say are images found on a disc in his bedroom of young girls who lived next door.

http://columbustelegram.com/news/national/voyeurism-case-against-father-in-law-goes-to-jury/article_5282d924-376e-53fd-8d83-1d608f50576d.html

jacct, I am concerned about the potential verdict in this case, I am going to flip if Steven walks on these charges. Even if he does, he is still a pervert & imo, going to continue the same behavior. He, imo, needs to be locked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Is the Powell case live?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Freckles wrote:Is the Powell case live?

Yes... here's the link to watch it - well, I don't know how much you will see now that it is in deliberations, but it should resume once the jury is ready to give a verdict. http://cache.ltvcms.com/kstu/requests/powell-trial.htm
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next