Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathleen Savio -- Found Deceased 3/1/04

+8
Julie
Gracie
Piper
Justice4all
Dis
FystyAngel
Estee
Snaz
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kathleen Savio  -- Found Deceased 3/1/04 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kathleen Savio -- Found Deceased 3/1/04

Post by Estee Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Yippeeee...It's underway...Certainly hope Justice for Kathleen will come soon...and...even though it's considered hearsay I'd think that the pastors recollections would have credibility...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Kathleen Savio  -- Found Deceased 3/1/04 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kathleen Savio -- Found Deceased 3/1/04

Post by Justice4all Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Sorry Estee. There must be an unwritten rule that says none of the trials in the cases we follow will start as scheduled.

Drew Peterson trial delayed

July 7, 2010
BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter

A last-minute appeal by Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow is expected to delay Thursday's scheduled start of the Drew Peterson murder trial, Glasgow said today in a statement.

The appeal comes after Judge Stephen White barred Will County prosecutors from offering some key hearsay testimony during the trial of the former Bolingbrook cop accused of drowning third wife Kathleen Savio.

Prosecutors had hoped to introduce more than a dozen hearsay statements--including some from Savio herself--that implicated Peterson in her 2004 bathtub drowning death.

In arguing that those statements be admitted, Glasgow cited a recent Appellate Court ruling upholding the use of such secondhand statements in criminal trials But White this week still ruled many of those statements would not be allowed at Peterson's trial.

"The people of the state of Illinois are entitled to a fair trial and I intend to see that they get one," Glasgow said in his statement. "As state's attorney, I am obligated to appeal the judge's ruling to ensure that every legally admissible statement may be presented at trial."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/2475230,drew-peterson-trial-delay-070710.article
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:25 pm

In this particular case, I am actually glad they have delayed it. Sounds to me like the prosecutor has more work to do to try to get the barred hearsay statements in.....

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Aw Sucks...I mean Aw Shucks....Back to the drawing board/think tank...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Is the same judge going to hear the appeal? I don't see him changing his mind if it is the same one.

Do they think the case isn't strong enough without the hearsay statements, or do you think they just don't want to leave any stone unturned?
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm

J4A... I can't answer either of those questions with anything other than speculation and opinion.

If it is the same judge, maybe they plan to take it up the chain of appeals.

And whether or not they have a strong enough case without the hearsay, I guess only the prosecution really knows for sure. I'm leaning towards, like you said, they just don't want to leave any stone unturned. He got away with this murder for a while..... I think the prosecution wants to make sure he doesn't get away with it for good.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:57 pm

So far the defense has what they wanted...a postponement/delay/change of date for this trial...Let's just hope it isn't delayed for another year...The only good thing is that Drew will be behind bars and in isolation all that time...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Estee, unless I am misreading the article J4A posted, I believe it is the prosecution who requested the delay in the trial in order to appeal the judge's ruling of not allowing the previously barred hearsay.

Snipped from the article:
A last-minute appeal by Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow is expected to delay Thursday's scheduled start of the Drew Peterson murder trial, Glasgow said today in a statement.
"The people of the state of Illinois are entitled to a fair trial and I intend to see that they get one," Glasgow said in his statement. "As state's attorney, I am obligated to appeal the judge's ruling to ensure that every legally admissible statement may be presented at trial."
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 pm

I know you're right Snaz but originally the defense had asked to have the trial rescheduled for later...I think it was when the new atty came on board...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Judge denies motion to have Drew Peterson released

By The Associated Press
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:41 am

JOLIET, Ill. | A judge has ruled that former Illinois police officer Drew Peterson should remain in jail pending an appeal by prosecutors in his murder case.

Defense attorneys had argued that keeping the former Bolingbrook officer behind bars while prosecutors appealed a judge's ruling denied Peterson his right to a speedy trial.

Will County Judge Stephen White said Thursday that "the court finds compelling reason" to keep Peterson in jail. He did not elaborate.

The judge on Wednesday ruled out certain hearsay statements prosecutors hoped to present during the trial.

Peterson has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He has denied involvement in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

http://www.nwitimes.com/ap/national/3eda3d83-a600-5c32-b6bc-ef53ddac0063.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Good, he can sit and rotate and contemplate his fate... 8) ...By the way didn't he waiver his right to a speedy trial??? Isn't that one of the reasons things keep getting delayed??? So more arguments can be brought and more delays occur??? He should be grateful he isn't out as there are a lot of Drew Haters out there...At least the young women are safe from this romeo...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm

This was from yesterday.