Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09

+5
Booklover
Piper
FystyAngel
Michelle
Justice4all
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09

Post by Justice4all Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 1252596193010

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (Sept. 10) - Connecticut State Police are using search dogs as they try to find a Yale graduate student who went missing Tuesday morning, just days before her planned wedding.

Annie Le, 24, is a doctoral student in pharmacology at the Yale School of Medicine. She was last seen at her laboratory in New Haven, Conn. She has not contacted her family, co-workers or friends. Her purse, cell phone, credit cards and money were left in her lab office.

http://news.aol.com/article/student-disappears-just-before-wedding/665223

Nancy Grace will be featuring this story tonight.

Last edited by Justice4all on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Re: Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:40 pm

OMG... where is she?.... Somehow I just dont think she is another Jennifer Wilbanks who decided to run away b4 her planned wedding.

Thanks for story J4A, too bad it is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:46 pm

I agree that she probably didn't run away. I don't think she would have left her purse, cell phone, credit cards and money behind if that was the case.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Maybe the professor did something.It seems strange that he cancelled class before most people would have known she was missing.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_professor_questioned_by_police_in_case_of_missing_yale_student_annie_le.html
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 pm

The list of other lab members in her group

http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/bennett/labmembers.htm
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Pics of Annie Le & her fiancee

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/09/11/crimesider/photoessay5303665.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I agree Michelle. It seems like a strange coincidence that the professor suddenly canceled the class around the time that Annie disappeared. They definitely need to investigate him.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Bloody Clothes Found In Building Where Missing Yale Student Annie Le Was Last Seen

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:23 pm

There are reports that bloody clothes were found stuffed in the ceiling of the building where missing Yale student Annie Lee was last seen, but officials wouldn't confirm what was found at the 5:30 pm press conference. At the press conference, authorities said reports that Annie's body had been found inside the building were wrong and that she was still considered a missing person. Police questioned a man outside the lab earlier, but would not say whether he was a witness or a suspect. I thought a strong person of interest might have been one of Le’s professors who canceled a class around the time Le went missing, but officials said the canceled class was not a concern in this case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_cops_seeking_clues_in_missing_yale_student_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Doesn't sound good after finding the bloody clothes.

Maybe it was the professor that was taken in for questioning.

No one is safe anywhere nowadays...not even in a locked building.The poor girl.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:36 pm

The press conference left me more confused than before I watched it. They shot down the theory that the professor had anything to do with Annie's disappearance. They pretty much wouldn't answer any questions or say what items of interest were found. They also said they didn't know if these items were linked to Annie. The New York Daily News and Fox 62 of New Haven, Connecticut reported earlier that Annie's body was found in the building, but that was also denied by officials at the press conference. Hopefully by some miracle she is still alive, but it doesn't look good if the reports about bloody clothes being found are true.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Especially when the clothes were found stuffed in the ceiling. Ugh. So sad. It's also been said that LE is going over 100's of hours of hours of surveillance tapes, farme by frame, to see if they can see her leaving the building at any time. So far, the have not seen her leave the building. (Neighboring building surveillance tapes as well) They are also going over blue prints of the building to make sure they searched the complete building.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks for the update, j4a......this does not look good with bloody clothes being hidden.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Body Found in Wall of Lab Where Annie Le Was Last Seen

Post by Justice4all Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Police have found a body stuffed inside a wall of the Yale lab where missing student Annie Le was last seen. There was surveillance video of Annie entering the lab on Tuesday morning, but no video of her ever leaving the lab. Police are assuming that the body they found is Annie and are now treating this as a homicide case. This is tragic news on what would have been Annie’s wedding night to fiance Jonathan Widawsky. Police have not named any suspects in Annie’s murder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/09/13/2009-09-13_body_thought_to_be_missing_yale_graduate_student_annie_le_stuffed_inside_a_wall_.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-found-search-missing-yale-bride-annie-le/story?id=8560293
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 am

Police: Found Body Is Likely Missing Yale Student
Police say body found inside Yale building is likely that of missing graduate student
NEW HAVEN, Conn. September 14, 2009 (AP)

Police on Sunday said they found what they believe is the body of a Yale University graduate student and bride-to-be hidden inside the wall of a university building where she was last seen five days before.

New Haven Assistant Police Chief Peter Reichard said officials are presuming the body was that of doctoral student Annie Le, who has been the focus of a massive police search since Tuesday.

"It hasn't been positively identified as of this time," Reichard told reporters Sunday night. "However, we are assuming it is her ... so we are treating it as a homicide."

State police found the body at around 5 p.m. Sunday in an area of the building that houses utility cables that run between floors. The building is in the Ivy League school's medical complex, about a mile from the main campus.

Reichard said police also recovered "a large amount" of physical evidence, but he would not discuss what that included.

Yale President Richard Levin offered support to Le's family and her fiance, Columbia University graduate student Jonathan Widawsky. The couple was to marry Sunday in Syosset, N.Y., on Long Island's north shore.

"The family and fiance and friends now must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be positively identified," Levin said. "I met earlier this evening with Annie's family, with her fiance and his family and I conveyed to them all the deeply felt support of the entire university community."

Police on Sunday would not say if they have any suspects. They previously have said Widawsky is not a suspect and is assisting with the investigation.

Le, 24, was last seen Tuesday morning in the five-story building that housed the laboratory where she worked. Surveillance video shows her arriving around 10 a.m., but police had been baffled since the investigation began because there was no video of Le leaving, despite some 75 surveillance cameras operating around the complex. Her ID, money, credit cards and purse were found in her office.

More than 100 local, state and federal police had been searching the building for days, using blueprints to uncover any place where evidence or Le's body could be hidden.

Investigators on Saturday said they recovered evidence from the building, but would not confirm media reports that the items included bloody clothing.

On Sunday morning, a state police van drove down a ramp into the basement area of the building where the lab is located. Authorities also sifted through garbage at a Hartford incinerator Sunday, looking through trash that was taken from the building in the days since Le went missing.

Le, a a pharmacology student from Placerville, Calif., wrote a magazine article earlier this year about how to stay safe around the Ivy League campus.

The article, titled "Crime and Safety in New Haven," was published in February in a magazine produced by Yale's medical school. It compares higher instances of robbery in New Haven with cities that house other Ivy League schools and includes an interview with Yale Police Chief James Perrotti, who offers advice such as "pay attention to where you are" and "avoid portraying yourself as a potential victim."

"In short, New Haven is a city and all cities have their perils," Le concludes. "But with a little street smarts, one can avoid becoming yet another statistic."

Le's disappearance weighed heavily on Yale students, who prayed for her safe return Sunday at The University Church on Yale's campus.

"It has been a week that has tested many people in many different ways," the Rev. Ian Buckner Oliver said just before he gave the Sunday morning sermon. "It has brought up a lot of fears for people. It has brought up a lot of worry and concern for her and for all our safety."

The student-dominated congregation offered a moment of silence and prayer, "for Annie, and her family, who have arrived here in New Haven, for her fiance, on this, what would have been their wedding day. Let's lift them up in our prayers," Oliver said.

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 44f7f410http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8564933
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 am

I've been following this story, and it just so heartbreaking. Sad Crying or Very sad I hope they catch the monster responsible. Most probably it's someone who was stalking her. I'm wondering if she might have said something about this to anyone. Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 5368 My heart, thoughts & prayers are with her family, fiance and friends. Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 541830 Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 19983 Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 585626 I hope & pray that this will increase awareness of the importance of safety on campus.
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 am

Yes, Book, this is a very sad case. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the "Professor" that cancelled his class right after she went missing. I remember reading that someone was taken in for questioning but can't find it now. Not sure if it was the professor or a lab tech. I know it was someone from that building though. Hopefully, LE has the murderer. It's so sad, yesterday would have been her wedding day. Sad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:52 am

FystyAngel wrote:Yes, Book, this is a very sad case. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the "Professor" that cancelled his class right after she went missing. I remember reading that someone was taken in for questioning but can't find it now. Not sure if it was the professor or a lab tech. I know it was someone from that building though. Hopefully, LE has the murderer. It's so sad, yesterday would have been her wedding day. Sad
Hi, Fysty! hug I also heard on HLN that a Professor had cancelled his classes for that day. I think that's highly suspicious in any case. I hope they are investigating him. I can't even begin to imagine what her poor family, fiance & friends are going through right now. Sad Crying or Very sad I believe the Death Penalty is most definitely called for in cases such as this one. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 pm

ABC News is reporting that police have a suspect who appears to have defensive wounds. According to sources, the suspect failed a lie detector test. There is hope that the bloody clothing found Saturday will link the killer to the crime. Police would only say that this was not a random act and that nobody else is in danger. Police claim that reports of a professor or student being a suspect are incorrect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/evidence-annie-le-murder-lead-killer/story?id=8565647

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-missing-yale-student-body-found-annie-le-seo2,0,1169328.story

I still have my doubts about the professor, but we will see how that turns out. I don't understand how police can say nobody else is in danger when an arrest hasn't been made.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Another story mentioning a possible suspect (a Lab Tech)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/14/2009-09-14_killing_of_yale_grad_student_annie_le_not_random_say_police.html

Last edited by Michelle on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 pm

The cause of death is supposed to be released tommorrow at 3pm

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/14/body-identified-annie-le-med-13/
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for the links Michelle. I don't understand why the lab tech hasn't been arrested yet and why the police feel nobody else is in danger. It seems strange to me.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 am

I agree J4a, it is very strange that there isnt an arrest, but at the same time the police say no one eles is in danger.Iam sure the students are feeling very upset knowing that a murderer is walking around the school with them everyday.

Iam surprised that it took LE so long to find her body since they had dogs searching the building.Maybe there were only bloodhounds and not cadaver dogs.

It also seems that LE should have enough evidence to make an arrest.When they found the killers clothes they should have been able to see who was wearing those clothes (on the 75 cameras) when the killer entered the building.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

looks like the cause of death, will not be made public, at least for now. LE continue to pusue the POI an animal tch, and the state prosecutor has blocked the release of the autopsy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 pm

I don't think the authorities want to release too much information before an arrest is made. It seems like everytime a source leaks information in this case, police deny it and then later on it turns out to be true. I'm assuming they already have the DNA from the crime scene and from the POI. I'm not sure how long it usually takes to see if it is a match or not.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 am

Yale Technician in Custody in Student Murder

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Police and FBI agents searched the home of a Yale University animal research technician Tuesday night and led him away in handcuffs to the cheers of neighbors in a search for evidence that might tie him to the slaying of a graduate student.

No charges were filed against 24-year-old Raymond Clark III in Middletown, but police took him into custody while searching for DNA and other physical evidence. Police said Clark would be released after they obtain evidence they need from him and his Middletown apartment.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550622,00.html?test=latestnews

Police are saying that Clark is only a person of interest and not a suspect right now. I have a feeling that will change if he is the person who had scratches on his chest and failed a lie detector test.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:36 am

Sounds like he is probably the killer.Another article that I read about his arrest said that alot of people volunteerly gave DNA samples to LE. I wonder if this guy wouldn't give a sample or if police are just saying they arrested him to get a sample just to get him in custody (knowing that he is the killer).

Hopefully we will hear more later today.

What a waste of poor Annie's life.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:43 am

Lab Tech released after LE got DNA Samples.LE waiting on results of testing to eliminate suspect.Too bad they couldn't keep him in custody just in case he is the killer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090916/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Annie was choked to death according to the medical examiner. The official cause of Annie's death was traumatic asphyxia due to neck compression. I'm hoping that there is enough DNA evidence for police to make an arrest soon.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/medical-examiner-annie-le-was-choked-to-death-1.1452068
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for the update J4A, the only good thing so far about ths case is that is is being said that there is all kinds of evidence to weed thru ....Hopefully DNA under her fingernails or even on her remains, will be there too match the POI.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:13 am

DNA matches...Arrest appears likely (scroll down for story)

http://nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/new_haven/doc4ab1aba51aaa2626821913.txt

Clark's Key card shows he entered the building where Annie went missing no less than 10 times the day she vanished.LE found a text message Clark sent Annie (sent the day she went missing)...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-suspect-raymond-clark-released-giving-dna/Story?id=8588970&page=1
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 am

Seems like LE should have had the e-mail info & Key Card info a week ago.They could have found Annie (& the killer sooner)
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 am

Yale lab worker arrested in student's killing, police say

NEW HAVEN, Connecticut (CNN) -- A Yale University lab technician was arrested Thursday and charged with murder in the slaying of a graduate student whose body was found in the basement wall of an off-campus medical research building, police said.

Raymond Clark was apprehended about 8:10 a.m. ET at a Super 8 motel in Cromwell, Connecticut, where he had spent the night after being released Wednesday following his submission to DNA testing.

Bond for Clark has been set at $3 million, New Haven Police Chief James Lewis said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/yale.student.le/index.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Raymond Clark charged with Annie Le body-in-wall murder

* Lab tech charged with murdering Annie Le
* Body discovered stuffed inside wall
* Le set to marry on day she went missing

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 06947710
Annie Le was found dead in a wall at a high security lab where she and Raymond Clark worked / AP, Yale

POLICE in the US have charged a Yale animal lab technician with murdering graduate student Annie Le who worked in his laboratory.

Raymond Clark, 24, was arrested at a Connecticut motel, then arraigned in New Haven, where the Ivy League university is located, with bail set at $US3 million ($3.4 million).

The alleged killer, whose forearms are ringed with tattoos and who appeared in a polo shirt and pair of khaki trousers, said nothing before being led away again into detention.

Mr Clark was declared a "person of interest" in the shocking case soon after Le's body was discovered Sunday, stuffed into a wall cavity in the high security lab where he was a technician and Le worked as a graduate student.

Le, also 24, had been due to marry that day. She'd been missing since September 8, but it took police five days to discover her corpse in the lab complex.

On Wednesday, the Connecticut state coroner said that the cause of death was "traumatic asphyxiation due to neck compression".
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26090872-401,00.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Accused Killer Of Annie Le Appears In Court
Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Annie_10
By KSFY News

Story Created: Sep 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM CDT

Story Updated: Sep 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM CDT

Raymond Clark III made his first court appearance before a judge on Thursday. He's the man accused of killing yale student Annie Le. Police are calling the killing an act of workplace violence.

Clark appeared in court Thursday after police arrested him at a Connecticut motel. Police had followed Clark's every move in the days after Annie Le's strangling.
http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/59678697.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Report details where Yale suspect's DNA was found

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Staffers in white lab coats reported to work Friday at the end of an extraordinary week at Yale University as a report surfaced detailing the DNA evidence that police say implicates a technician in the murder of a Yale graduate student .

A law enforcement official told The Hartford Courant that police investigating Annie Le's death found DNA evidence implicating Raymond Clark III in a ceiling and in the wall recess where her body was found.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090918/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing

This guy is nailed. I wonder why police would not say he was a suspect until they arrested him. It is obvious that he has been the number one suspect for awhile now.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Experts: Defense in Yale killing has tough job

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - Defending a Yale University lab technician charged with murder against what appears to be a mountain of forensic evidence might mean trying to convince jurors that the crime scene was contaminated because police didn't immediately shut down the lab where the victim was found, legal experts said.

Raymond Clark III is charged with murder for the death of Yale graduate student Annie Le. Le vanished from a research building in Yale's medical school complex on Sept. 8; her body was found hidden in a wall recess five days later, on what was to be her wedding day.

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=11161334

The lab wasn't shut down because it started out as a missing person case. I'm sure Clark's defense lawyer, Joseph Lopez, will try to get him off on a technicality, but I don't think it will work. There is way too much evidence against Clark.

I still don't get how defense lawyers can in good conscience try to get an obviously guilty murderer found not guilty. Lopez is already getting started with the smoke and mirrors. He is going to file a complaint about law enforcement leaks to the media. He claims that the leaks "can jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and of the judicial proceedings, particularly when some of the leaked information may not be true."

http://www.kjrh.com/news/national/story/Yale-suspects-attorney-complains-about-news-leaks/77uc5vktXEKsaz5YoCWEzA.cspx
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Startling Portrait of Yale Murder Suspect ....CLARK

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 am

Startling Portrait of Yale Murder Suspect
Associated Press
Sep. 18, 2009. 02:08 PM EST

Former neighbors are speaking out about their run-ins with Raymond Clark III, who has been arrested in the killing of Annie Le, whose body was found in a Yale University lab. (Sept. 18)
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 am

I find it really odd that Ray Clark's parents have not said anything at all about their son's arrest. awe Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 5368 I can only imagine their shame, shock, sorrow, disbelief and, last but not least, horror. Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 5368 This guy has some really serious problems. My heart goes out to Annie's family, fiance & friends. Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 541830 Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 19983 Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 585626 Sad Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 am

Good Morning Book! I've missed you!

I would assume that this guys family is smart enough to stay out of the limelight (Unlike the Anthony's). Shame? Yes, but I also assume that they have a really good lawyer advising them to stay out of the media's grasp, as well.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Annie Le Yale Murder: Police Say NY Post Report Wrong-- Le's Body Not Mangled

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:56 am

Police Call Out Inaccurate Reporting In Le Case
New Haven Police Call NY Post Article Inaccurate

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- New Haven police, in an attempt to dispel a "myth,” said Monday that the body of Yale graduate student Annie Le was not mangled to fit through the wall in which she was found.

“In an article in today’s edition of The New York Post, reporter Rebecca Rosenberg falsely reported that the suspect in the investigation of the homicide of Annie Le ‘broke the bones and mangled the body of a strangled Yale grad student to fit it through a wall,’ “ New Haven police said in a written statement.

State’s Attorney Michael Dearington asked the New Haven Police Department to clarify the inaccuracy, which he said was picked up by other media outlets.

“This information is false and this myth must be dispelled at the request of the state’s attorney,” said New Haven Police Chief James Lewis.

The 24-year-old Le disappeared while working at a Yale research lab on Amistad Street on Sept. 8. Her remains were found hidden behind a wall five days later on her would-be wedding day.

The body of Le has been flown to California, where she is originally from. A private funeral will be held. Le's family has asked that details regarding the funeral remain private.

Yale lab tech Raymond Clark, 24, was charged with murder in connection with Le’s death. He was taken into police custody Thursday at a Cromwell motel. His bond was set at $3 million and he remains held at a Suffield prison.

He is scheduled to appear in court again on Oct. 6.

Eyewitness News has learned that Le's body was found badly bruised. Many of the bruises are from the decomposition process.

A spokesman for Le's family has been in close contact with her mother and other immediate family members ad details emerge about how her body was found.

"When something like this happens, you tend to draw together as a family and I certainly saw that happen," said spokesman the Rev. Dennis Smith. "You want to know and don't want to know, but these are all steps in the process of healing."

Since Clark's arrest, police have gathered more evidence in the case. Police seized a car belonging to Clark's father from the Cromwell motel where Clark was taken into custody. Police said they believe Clark used to car to get to work on the day Le disappeared and that they want to check it for any traces of evidence.

Eyewitness News has also learned that Clark had cuts and scratches to his abdomen area. Police have not released any potential motive in Le's death.

"That is the big question to the family -- why? Why would you do this to our little Annie," Smith said.

Between the Yale lab and Clark's Middletown apartment, investigators seized 300 pieces of evidence. Police said court documents in the case are sealed while that evidence is processed.

Condolences can be sent to Le’s family at the Yale University Chaplain’s Office, P.O. Box 209078, New Haven, CT 06520.

Le and fiance, Jonathan Widawsky, had planned to wed at the the North Ritz Club in Syosset, N.Y., on the north shore of Long Island. Police said Widawsky, a Columbia graduate student, was assisting in the investigation and was not considered a suspect. Le and Widawsky are described as college sweethearts, meeting as undergraduates at the University of Rochester.

Le received her undergraduate degree from the University of Rochester in New York and majored in cell and developmental biology with a minor in medical anthropology. She conducted a summer project at the National Institutes of Health on bone tissue engineering using mouse mesenchymal stem cells, according to a biography posted on the NIH Web site. While at the University of Rochester, she conducted research involving parasitic wasps.

She is originally from California, and graduated from Union Mine High School in 2003, where she was named "Best of the Best" and "Most Likely To Be The Next Einstein."

http://www.wfsb.com/news/21038749/detail.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:54 am

Connecticut man charged with Yale killing due back in court

NEW HAVEN, Conn.—A former lab technician at Yale charged with killing a graduate student is scheduled to appear in court.

Raymond Clark III, who is charged with killing 24-year-old Annie Le in September and stuffing her body behind a wall in a research building, is due to appear Tuesday in New Haven Superior Court.

Le vanished Sept. 8 from the Yale medical school research building where she and Clark worked. Her body was found five days later on what was to be her wedding day.

News organizations have asked a judge to unseal documents detailing the case. A prosecutor opposed the request, citing the privacy rights of the victim's family and the need to ensure an impartial jury.

http://www.newstimes.com/ci_13685105
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I completely understand the victim's family wanting their privacy. However, I hope the Prosecutor does everything necessary to make certain this monster is convicted. He deserves the Death Penalty. I can't help but wonder if his parents have contacted Annie Le's family. Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 5368 Probably, not though since that would mean they would have to acknowledge their son is capable of such a crime. Rolling Eyes Mad
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Judge: Annie Le Documents To Be Released Next Week

NEW HAVEN — - A Superior Court judge agreed to release portions of an arrest warrant affidavit that contain information that led to the arrest of Raymond Clark III in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

Judge Rowland D. Fasano's decision, released Friday afternoon, says the information will remain under seal for 72 hours. Since courts are closed Wednesday for Veterans Day, the document -- with some portions removed -- will be released Thursday, a court official said.

Read more: http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/yale-annie-le/hc-web-le-documents-1107nov07,0,2002961.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Evidence Suggests Violent Struggle Between Yale Coed and Her Killer

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- An animal research technician charged with killing a Yale graduate student raised suspicions when he began scrubbing floors after the crime and tried to move a box of bloody wipes from the view of an investigator, according to an arrest warrant released Friday.

The body of 24-year-old Annie Le was found stuffed behind a Yale research lab wall in September. An autopsy determined she was strangled.

Authorities say in the warrant that a green-ink pen found under Le's body had her blood on it, as well as DNA from suspect Raymond Clark III, on its cap.

Police have said Clark signed into the secure building with a green pen on Sept. 8, the day Le disappeared.

The warrant says DNA from both Le and Clark was on a bloody sock found hidden in a ceiling.

The document also says Clark moved a box of wipes to hide blood spatters on it. Clark had a scratch on his face and left biceps that he said came from a cat, according to the affidavit.

Joe Lopez, Clark's public defender, declined to comment Friday.

Clark, 24, is charged with murder. Le vanished Sept. 8 from the Yale medical school research building where she and Clark worked, and her body was found five days later, on what was to be her wedding day. She was wearing surgical gloves with her left thumb exposed, according to the affidavit.

Clark has not yet entered a plea, but his attorney has said he will plead not guilty.

Read more: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-yale-coed-murder,0,7347140.story

It looks like there is little doubt that Raymond Clark committed this crime. I have no idea why he would plead not guilty.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks for the update J4A

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:00 pm

He certainly left his mark, so to speak. He signed in with a green-ink pen, and didn't realize he'd left it underneath her. I'd say he's signed his own death warrant with the green-ink pen. What a horrible loss..a smart, beautiful young woman, preparing for her wedding day.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Raymond Clark, suspect in murder of Yale grad student Annie Le, left trail of clues, cops reveal

The Yale University lab tech accused of killing graduate student Annie Le did a lousy job of covering his tracks, leaving behind blood and other evidence, court papers show.

Blood was found on the kitchen floor at the home of suspect Raymond Clark, according to search warrant affidavits released Wednesday.

Clark also e-mailed Le, 24, "in the recent past," the affidavits said.

Le's body was found stuffed behind a labratory wall Sept. 13 - her scheduled wedding day to Columbia University student Jonathan Widawsky.

New Haven cops searched Clark's home, two cars he used and numerous lockers, records show.

He "has gone to great lengths to conceal evidence in multiple locations in unusual places," the affidavits said.

But investigators still found plenty of incriminating evidence.

They discovered blood "in plain view" on his kitchen floor, "blood-like stains" on door panels and carpeting in a Taurus he drove after Le's disappearance and tweezers, scissors and a screwdriver in a clogged drain pipe in the lab building, the affidavits said.

Police previously said they found a pen under Le's body with her blood and Clark's DNA, a bloody sock in the ceiling containing DNA from both of them, and boots and a scrub believed to belong to Clark with blood-like stains.

The lab tech also tried to hide a box of "Wipe Alls" containing traces of Le's blood, was seen scrubbing seemingly-clean floors and cleaning under a sink in Le's lab, according to affidavits.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/12/02/2009-12-02_raymond_clark_suspect_in_murder_of_yale_grad_student_annie_le_left_trail_of_clue.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Tweezers, scissors and a screwdriver? They haven't disclosed Annie's manner of death yet, have they? A horrific loss of a beautiful, young woman. So sad.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Suspect In Yale Killing Returns To Court

Post by Justice4all Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:34 pm

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) An animal research technician charged with killing a Yale graduate student is returning to court.

A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in the case involving 24-year-old Raymond Clark III in New Haven Superior Court.

Clark is charged with killing 24-year-old Annie Le, whose body was found stuffed behind a Yale research lab wall in September. An autopsy determined she was strangled.

Le vanished Sept. 8 from the Yale medical school research building where she and Clark worked, and her body was found five days later, on what was to be her wedding day.

Lawyers for Clark are expected to tell the judge whether Clark will waive his right to a probable cause hearing at which prosecutors would have to prove they have enough evidence to justify the charge.

Source: http://www2.wjtv.com/jtv/ap_exchange/special_-_medical/article/SuspectInYaleKillingReturnsToCourtCt/90425/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 Empty Yale Suspect Pleads Not Guilty; Car To Be Returned

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Annie Le -- Found Deceased 9/13/09 51861310

Raymond Clark III Appears In Court, Next Court Date Is March 3

By ALAINE GRIFFIN | The Hartford Courant

10:59 AM EST, January 26, 2010

NEW HAVEN — - A former Yale University lab technician has pleaded not guilty to killing graduate student Annie Le last September.

Raymond J. Clark III entered not-guilty pleas to two counts — murder and felony murder — during a brief appearance in Superior Court Tuesday morning.

He also waived his right to a probable-cause hearing.

His next court date is March 3.

Also in court Tuesday, the judge agreed to return Raymond Clark's mother's car, a 1999 Ford Taurus, which had been confiscated shortly after Clark's arrest in September. Police said Clark was a passenger in the Taurus the day Le disappeared. According to search warrants, police found "blood-like stains" in the car. Clark and his girlfriend were seen leaving a coffee shop in the Taurus hours after Le was killed, according to affidavits.

Probable-cause hearings, mandatory under state law in cases punishable by death or life in prison, require judges to determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to proceed. The hearings give both sides the chance to present evidence and call witnesses. Judges rarely rule that probable cause is lacking, and defendants usually waive such hearings.

Le's body was found stuffed inside a wall at the Yale Animal Research Center in New Haven, which is part of the Yale School of Medicine complex where Clark worked and Le did research. Her body was found Sept. 13, the day Le was supposed to get married.

Source: http://www.fox61.com/news/hc-raymond-clark-iii-annie-le-yale-killing-0126,0,5986979.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next