Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child

4 posters

Go down

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child Empty Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child

Post by FystyAngel Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 am

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6301020.php
TJ Hart

Rumors have been swirling all week that hearing was held early this week regarding the custody status of Ronald Cummings Jr., the young brother of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings. He is the son of Ronald Cummings Sr, who is now in jail on drug trafficking charges, and Crystal Sheffield of Baker County.

According to the rumors, Crystal Sheffield allegedly failed a drug test yet the young boy remains with her in her Baker County home.

Since WSKY has had no luck in locating the records of this DCF hearing, I contacted Crystal's mother Marie Griffis for confirmation.

I told Marie that there is talk that Butterbean remains at home, but that Crystal may have failed a drug test due to the ingestion of a Loritab pill.

Marie Griffis responded:

"I will say yes that is true, all the other stuff on the internet came from the ones scorned (that is all I will say about them). Please let everyone know that Crystal is doing what DCF wants her too, Crystal has needed these therapies that they are offering she has dealt with a lot losing a child a second time and maybe this time peemanently and on top of that, everyone in the home will receive some type of therapy. Chad's children have been affected by HaLeigh's disappearance, they are all like brothers and sisters. Update on Butterbean he is doing great he is very happy and loving being with his Mommy he gets very upset when she has to be away from him from 3hrs to go to her classes but he understands why. We have explained everything to him that we feel he understands, he just simply wants to be with his Mommy."

Thanks

Marie

VIGIL REMINDER

A reminder that vigil for missing Haleigh Cummings is taking place today, Saturday, February 6, 2010 set for 5:30 p.m. at Celebration Park, in Glen St. Mary.

Investigators believe someone abducted Haleigh from her Satsuma home during the early morning hours of Feb. 10, 2009.

Despite thousands of tips and countless hours of searching, there have been no signs of the girl.

One person who won’t be at Saturday’s vigil is Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, who remains locked up after being arrested for selling illegal prescription painkillers.

His ex-wife, Misty Croslin, who was the last person to see Haleigh alive, also remains behind bars for the same charges.

While Croslin has come under suspicion, she maintains she had nothing to do with the little girl’s disappearance.

No one has been charged in the case.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child Empty Re: Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child

Post by randilynn Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 pm

all players in this saga are shady in their own right..

HOWEVER.. if my child was missing, and presumably dead, i think antidepressant therapy would be the LEAST of my worries.. self prescribed or not..

if she has a drug problem, i agree that she needs treatment.. i just have a real hard time judging someone who has lost a child..
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child Empty Re: Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child

Post by randilynn Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm

i do have a hard time judging crystal for self medicating, BUT i really have no problem judging Ron and Misty...

numbing your own pain is one thing, being involved in drug trafficking/selling is another.. IF ron and misty were found positive for drugs, i could chalk it up to depression/remorse... however, a personal loss is NO excuse to begin dealing drugs... IMHO..

i hope they both serve the maximum sentence allowed by law.. these are not "big time dealers" per say.. but how selective do you think they were in their clientel.. i wholeheartedly believe that these people would have had no problems with selling these drugs to anyone that would buy them.. adults/teens or even children could have very well received a "stash" from these criminals..

there is enough problem with the youth today getting high on so-called "prescribed" medications, the last thing we need is people like R&M making it that much easier for the drugs to end up in their hands...

off to prison with them... and get crystal some grief counseling.. i am SURE that she needs it.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:38 pm

i agree with you for the most part AJ... however, i have a little difference of opinion about WHEN the dealing started...

i really do believe that this is something they (definately misty, maybe ron) have been involved in for a while. i am absolutely CONVINCED that misty was so high the night haleigh "disappeared" that she probably doesnt remember any details.. still in my book, this does not in any way decrease her responsibility, or let her off the hook..

misty didnt work before this happened which leads me to believe that she never had any intention to hold down a job like a normal person.. i think this is why she tied her ship to ron in the 1st place... what self-respecting 17 year old wants to become a live in nanny to 2 kids that arent even hers.. i will tell you the type... the type that has been raised to think that someone needs to "take care of her" ... the kind that is raised in a family that doesnt teach them ANY responsibilities... the kind of family that lives on either welfare, or fraudulently obtained social security benefits, and are more than happy to hold their hand out to let someone else support them..

misty attached herself to ron because he could be her welfare... why suffer through 40 hours a week at a lame job, when you can party and get high on someone elses $$?? why suffer through years of school to attain your own $$ when you can just live carefree right now off someone else??

misty was immature, uneducated, irresponsible, and probably has never worked for anything in her life.. when her welfare (RON) benefits wore out... she turned to the easiest route she could to make some $$... why work at mcdonald's for 8 hours a day to make probably less money than you could make in an hour selling pills?? it was easy, she was lazy, and she got caught...

misty just happens to be able and willing to produce tears... too bad i have no sympathy for her.

and i DO absolutely agree with you on the "searching" ... i think there is NO excuse why the landfill was not searched... i remember the cadaver dogs hitting on the dumpster (i believe within weeks of when she "disappeared")... and it was common knowledge at that time that the dumpster would have already been emptied... the landfill should have been stop NUMBER ONE!! but i guess that is just monday morning quarterbacking now... a YEAR later..
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Just an FYI...Crystal has been adicted for a VERY long time. Back in court document, when she & Ron were fighting over the kids, these drugs were brought up. I remember Kim P. also bringing it up wayyyy back on one of the NG shows, that she was "helping" Crystal get off the drugs.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

The dumpster hit by the dogs has always bothered me. The landfill definitely should have been searched. I agree that LE needs to take another approach to this case besides trying to force the answers out of Misty. I really think Misty is terrified of being locked up and would have cracked by now if she had the answers. I think she either doesn't know what happened, or doesn't remember because of being high on drugs.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 pm

I believe Tommy Croslin and Joe Overstreet (Misty's cousin)
are the two responsible for Haleigh's demise. I feel Misty really did not know, as uneducated as she is, she would not have been able to lie all of this time. She implicated her brother and cousin Joe from the beginning.

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child Joe-ov10

This is a picture of her cousin, Joe Overstreet
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 am

Here's his myspace, which hasn't been accessed since 12/18/08.

http://www.myspace.com/438615018

Antioch,TN...but his friend Kristy...he's obviously Kristy's baby daddy.

About me:
The name is Kristy, Im 24 years years old.Im a single mother to my son Gary Raymond Overstreet he will be 4 on Feb 1st. He is my world..

http://www.myspace.com/krissy53185

Last edited by Piper on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 am

I think Crystal has always had a drug addiction problem. Misty learned from her parents, IMO. I'm sure she started at a very young age herself. She was never even encouraged to attend school, let alone graduate or work. My guess is she probably never completed the 9th grade.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down