Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

+6
Justice4all
LCoastMom
Ann - Tx
Piper
KariBear
Snaz
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 11:38 am

Katfish . . . . . Ponders . . . . .

Monday, May 2, 2011

STACEY BARKER MURDER TRIAL - Opening Statements

The murder trial for Stacey Barker, 26 got under way on Wednesday April 27, 2011 in Lancaster, CA at the Michael Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse, with Superior Court Judge Hayden Zackey presiding. ( Tori reports Judge Zackey seems to be a very pleasant man...and I think he's pretty easy to look at as well!)

Read more:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2011/05/stacey-barker-murder-trial-opening.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Not much happened on Friday - actually nothing happened that really applied to SB's guilt or innocence.

During opening Dager made a point of saying Brendan is not the love of SB's life, (as if that changes what she did in the least or somehow makes it better). In fact during the time SB was dating BB she was also spending time with three other men! Yep - three.

SB and BB knew each other from HS. BB's mother was working at Country Wide and somehow the two became reacquainted through his mother, in 12/08. Yes, SB and BB were dating less than 3 months when she decided Emma did not fit into her plans and was cramping her style.

SB's mother was the one who shared the info about the "other men", 1 who also worked with her, another who they were not able to find and LASD Deputy M Villalobos (MV).

Villalobos took the stand late Thursday. He said he met SB through her brother in Jan '09. SB would come out to watch Nick play ball and she would bring Emma with her (NB & MV were on the same team). BB also played with them. MV was aware SB and BB were "together". MV said when SB showed up she and Emma would be greeted by SB's friends - except BB. BB would stay in the dugout when SB was there with Emma!

MV said he and SB would "hook up" they didn't "date". He wasn't taking her to dinner or the movies - they just got together for sex. When BB was around they "kept it on the down low." BB did spend the night at the Barker home once while her parents were out of town. MV remembers that Emma was already asleep that night when BB arrived. They were all in the garage hanging out and SB said she and BB were going to sleep. MV also said SB was a very good mother. (For 18 whole months )

On Friday Emma's daddy, Anthony and paternal grandmother took the stand.

Dager was trying to make it seem that Emma's dad and his family just didn't care if they saw Emma or not. If they did they did, if not, ''oh well whatever". He actually said that to Emma's Gma before KC objected!

Gma became upset at a question about a savings account she had opened for Emma for college and cried. Dager asked her, "Are you upset?" She answered "Yes." "Are you upset with SB?" She replied "Yes." Dager then told her - "You are sitting there with all this anger for her!" Gma said, "I have NO anger for her, I am NOT angry, just upset!"

Some of Dager's questions were so badly worded that Judge Zacky had to rephrase them for everyone to understand what he was getting at! He tried to trip her up, but she didn't let him!

When Anthony took the stand it appeared that Dager was really taking advantage of his guilt for not being a bigger part of Emma's life. Anthony told the Court that SB was aware that he was moving to Long Beach in just a few weeks. She told him she was using birth control and he believed her. During the pregnancy SB said that the baby wasn't his and when Emma was born he and his family were not present. Emma was over a month old before they were told she had arrived!

When Dager asked Anthony if he was angry, Anthony said no, just sad. "Sad because you were not a good father to Emma?" "No, sad because my daughter is dead and I will never walk her down the aisle or play an Otis Redding record for her and dance with her." Anthony was sobbing as he answered.

I hope the jury is taking this all in. Dager has no defense for SB's actions except to throw everyone else who knew her and Emma under the bus. How that helps or how that changes her guilt is beyond me.

Once again my thanks to Tori for spending hours on the phone, rehashing the events of the day - I hope she wasn't too tired when she had to get up this morning.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 12:38 pm

It really bothers me that main stream media is not covering the Emma Barker case - Stacey Barker trial.

I think it is imperative that attention be brought to cases such as precious little Emma Barker. Emma was an 18 month old innocent, defenseless child. She was allegedly murdered by her mother, Stacey Barker.

To bring awareness to Emma's abuse and murder, I feel the local California media (for the area) should be covering this case and the trial of Stacey Barker.

If local media covers the Barker trial, there is a great chance of affiliates picking up the story and if Associated Press runs the story, there is an opportunity for many other media outlets througout the United States and beyond to pick up the story.

Being that KABC - Los Angeles, CA, ran an article on 4-18-11 about jury selection, I would think they would follow through and cover the trial. Apparently that has not happened because I am not able to find any KABC coverage beyond 4-18-11.

In the wee hours, I sent KABC a detailed e-mail and requested they cover the Stacey Barker trial (Emma Barker case).

After reading Katfish's article dated today, 5-2-11, I wrote KABC a brief e-mail and included the Link to Katfish's article. I wish I would have copied and pasted my first e-mail here. I just did not think about it. Being that the e-mail was sent on KABC's form, I do not have a copy of it.

Here is a copy of my second e-mail to KABC:

Hi, KABC!

On April 18, 2011, you ran an article about the jury selection in the Stacey Barker Murder Trial.

This trial started April 27,2011. Why are you not covering this trial?

For your info, there are some ladies who support justice for the victim, 18 month old Emma Barker, that are attending the trial.

They have provided a lady, using the nic Katfish, with their account of what has transpired at trial regarding Opening Statements. It is most interesting. Katfish...Ponders is a true crime blog and covers current cases. Here is the article:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2011/05/stacey-barker-murder-trial-opening.html
Katfish Ponders 5-2-11

"STACEY BARKER MURDER TRIAL - Opening Statements"

I noticed this case is not being covered by main stream media in the area. I get my local news from Houston, Tx and KTRK (ABC) - Houston would cover this trial if this trial was in the greater Houston area.

Being that you are ABC, could you please tell me why you are not covering this trial? This trial is about the murder of an innocent, defenseless 18 month old child.

I am an active child's advocate and I would appreciate if you would take the time to let me know why you are not covering this horrific case.

I look forward to a response from you. Thank you, KABC.

Best regards,

xxxxxxxxxxx (my name which I x'd out here)
xxxxxx, TX (city which I x'd out here)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 pm

I just heard from Tori - the bus broke down on the way from LA this AM - Judge Z is sending his bailiff Johnny to bring SB to the Courthouse!

Johnny said he will be returning Code 3 and will be back in 30 minutes! (It's about a 60 minute drive!)

Ann, I'll be back in awhile. I sent off an email to Nancy G too, thanks for the suggestion.

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi, LCoastMom!

Thank you for your update. I really do appreciate you taking the time to convey, via Toria, what is transpiring at trial.

In your above comment at 11:32 a.m. today (5-2-11), you stated the following:

I hope the jury is taking this all in.

I hope so too. I am not there but I bet they are taking it all in.

LCM, would you please ask Toria if the jury is observant? Are they looking at the witness when the witness testifies? Are they looking at the Prosecutor and the Defense Attorney when they are speaking? Are any of the jurors taking notes? Do the jurors seem to be paying close attention? Do they look at the defendant, Stacey Barker?

Thanks, LCM. I hope the jury is doing all of the above! I look forward to your next update!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks for the update from Tori re the bus breaking down, etc.

LCoastMom, it is great that you sent Nancy Grace an e-mail. You mentioned that you post at Web Sleuths (WS). What are your thoughts about asking them to e-mail Nancy Grace and reference she covered the case initially as it unfolded and request she cover this trial? If you decide to do it, please post the direct Link to the Nancy Grace contact form. As you know, many e-mails on a subject versus one or two gets attention!

It seems folks are more likely to comply if the Link to the e-mail form is provided.

Also, I would ask the folks at WS to please send KABC - Los Angeles, CA an e-mail, reference their 4-18-11 article re jury selection, and ask them to please cover the Stacey Barker trial - Emma Barker case!

Here is the contact Link for KABC:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/feature?section=news/videos_photos&id=5788268
KABC - Los Angeles, CA: Contact
~~~~~~~

For any one reading this comment, we need your help! Please e-mail Nancy Grace and KABC and request they cover the Stacey Barker trial - Emma Barker case.

Click on KABC's link above for contact form.

The following is for the Nancy Grace Show:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81
CNN/HLN - Nancy Grace Show Contact form

Precious 18 month old Emma Barker deserves to have her story told and known by every one! Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 643974

If local California media covers this trial, it is more likely to be picked up by their affiliates and the Associated Press (AP). It is a huge step if AP picks up the story. Media outlets world wide pick up stories from AP!

Let's make an effort to get Emma Barker the exposure that her case so richly deserves!

~ ~ ~ Justice for precious little Emma Barker! ~ ~ ~

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon May 02, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon May 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Wow, you go girls! You all are awesome.

It's very disturbing to see how they are throwing everyone around SB under the bus, like they had anything to do with this. SB made the choice to murder her defenseless child, no one but her.

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm

I am working on an e-mail to the Associated Press - California office. I will be sending an e-mail to the Los Angeles, CA office requesting coverage of the Stacey Barker trial - Emma Barker case.

I will reference and provide the KABC Link re jury selection (4-18-11). I will also provide the Link to Katfish's article dated 5-2-11 regarding Opening Statements.

Please contact AP - California. You do not have to write a lot of detail if you do not want to. Simply request they cover the Stacey Barker trial.

Media outlets do not have time to read a book. They like info concise and to the point. They have the resources to research.

Here is the Link to the Associated Press - California office:

http://www.ap.org/california/
AP - Ca

On the left side at their web site, you can click on the e-mail address to the Los Angeles office. It will take you to your e-mail section and print the e-mail address on your form!

Here is the direct link to the e-mail address for Associated Press - CA:

LosAngeles@ap.org

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for your help in requesting that the Stacey Barker trial be covered! This is to get Emma's story to the public!
Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 pm

LCoastMom, since you know how to post pictures, what are your thoughts on sending KABC the beautiful pic of Emma (see Piper's 9:33 a.m. above)?

Also, if you write Associated Press - CA, I would attach that pic and a few others of Emma Barker. How could the news media say no to beautiful little Emma who was murdered?

Just an idea! If I knew how to upload, do attachments and had pics of Emma, I'd attach her pic.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi, Piper!

Yes, I joined forces with LCoastMom and we will try to get this trial some main stream media coverage. Precious little Emma deserves for the world to know her story!

I just wished we could have started this effort two weeks ago.

I know the coverage will not be detailed like LCM and Katfish are providing us. Regarding a trial, TV media can only hit on the hi-lites. They have about 1 to 3 minutes to cover the story during their newscast. Not much time but at least the story and Emma's pic would be out there. Newspaper media have limited space to cover the day's news so they are limited with their stories. LCM, Katfish and Toria are not limited! Emma deserves for the world to know her story.

The Defense is throwing folks under the bus. It sounds like Jose Baez and the Casey Anthony Case. The jury will see through it though. It appears the Defense has no evidence to support their theory. They are trying to create reasonable doubt.

I think "that dog won't hunt!"

~ ~ ~ Justice for little Emma Barker! ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Sent to Nancy Grace:

In April 2009 you touched on the murder of 18 month old Emma Leigh Barker - dubbing her mother Smother - Mother after little Emma was found dead along the Golden State FWY in Sylmar, CA, where she was dumped. Stacey Barker is now finally at trial for 2nd degree murder - facing 25 to Life. No MSM is covering this trial. No one seems to feel that Emma Barker meant something to this world and her death left many lives damaged. I'm sending this to ask Nancy Grace - the victims friend and advocate to report the trial coverage. Let the world know that Emma mattered.

Sincerely,
X X

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 2:45 pm

OK Ann you have lit the fire under my butt!

I have contacted ABC and sent an email to an LA Times reporter whose name was on a byline 2 years ago (I'm also looking for his manager's email address - that we used before.) If he is still with The Times I'll leave his address here and any new contact info.

I have also sent an email to the LA Times opinion page. They will not accept letters sent to more than one news outlet and they want name, city and daytime phone number. They did report on Emma's death in 2009 - I used the name Stacey Barker in the subject.

The following Link contains a page of email addresses we used in 2009 (hope this is OK)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3835455&postcount=7
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Ann - thank you sooo much. I just caught up with all your messages here. Yes I will include some pictures of Emma with the remainder of my requests. I have hesitated because so many businesses won't accept emails that contain attachments but I can send one with and one without. We'll see! Not sure if I posted the address to the LA Times: letters@latimes.com.

You rock for finding the email address for the AP - I only found snail-mail and phone numbers. They will hear from me too!

I have posted the request for help at WS too! Emma's story will be told!

KatFish's latest is amazing as always! Sent her some luv this AM too!

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm

LCoastMom wrote:Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 Ddbc08bd9bbcb10ac2174996a958f659

Precious Emma, we do this for her.

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 am

In loving memory of precious little Emma Barker . . .

http://www.videos.es/reproductor/--(en9nUmmfxR8
videos.es YouTube In Loving Memory of Emma Leigh Barker by Lost1Jazz
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 am

LCoastMom . . . wow! You are on a roll, my friend!

I will send an e-mail to the LA Times. Thank you for the Link to WebSleuths with the e-mail addresses from the 2009 mail campaign. It is okay to post it here.

I do notice that some media sites request that no pics be sent.

KABC (Los Angeles) does allow it and even has a provision in the e-mail contact address for pics, videos, attachments, etc.

I left an update for Valhall of The Hinky Meter on Developing Stories. I posted Links to this thread and to Katfish Ponders' homepage.

Please see my comments (Ann-Tx) starting: Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm
Also, after my comments, K Z of The Hinky Meter, so kindly posted some pics of Emma!

Here is the Direct Link to Developing Stories (THM):

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1049&p=71507#p71507
The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Developing Stories
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 5:15 am

LCoastMom wrote:OK Ann you have lit the fire under my butt!

I have contacted ABC and sent an email to an LA Times reporter whose name was on a byline 2 years ago (I'm also looking for his manager's email address - that we used before.) Please see the Links I provided in my comment below, LCM. If he is still with The Times I'll leave his address here and any new contact info.

I have also sent an email to the LA Times opinion page. They will not accept letters sent to more than one news outlet and they want name, city and daytime phone number. They did report on Emma's death in 2009 - I used the name Stacey Barker in the subject.

The following Link contains a page of email addresses we used in 2009 (hope this is OK)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3835455&postcount=7
Above bolded and colored red by: Ann-Tx

LCM, here is a Link that list the Executive Officers of the LA Times. Would any of these guys be the manager you are looking for? Look to the left, under About Us, you can also click on Editorial & Newsroom.

http://www.latimes.com/about/mediagroup/executives/
LA Times - Media Group - About Us - Executives

This is the Editorial & Newsroom folks:

http://www.latimes.com/about/mediagroup/la-mediacenter-editorial_staff,0,3058915.htmlstory
LA Times - Media Group - Editorial & Newsroom Staff
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 5:43 am

I just submitted another e-mail to KABC - Los Angeles, CA:

Hi, KABC!

Would you please do a follow up to your April 18, 2011 article regarding the Stacey Barker trial?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8079284

"Jury selection starts in Palmdale child death"

The trial started on April 27, 2011. I think your viewers would be interested in this trial in the State of California vs Stacey Barker.

Barker is on trial for the murder of her 18 month old daughter, Emma Barker. If you recall, she was tossed like trash on the side of the road in tall weeds in March, 2009.

KABC, don't you think it is important to bring awareness of Emma's tragic death to your viewers?

Why are you not covering this trial, KABC?

I would appreciate a response. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX (my name)
XXXXXX, Tx (my city)

~~~~~~~

Tomorrow I will call KABC and attempt to talk to the News Director.

I may have to settle for a Reporter. I prefer to start at the top! My time is too valuable to mess with non decision makers! . . . sigh . . .
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 am

newstips@latimes.com

Richard Winton (Regional Crime) : richard.winton@latimes.com

kcbstvnews@cbs.com

kcalnews@cbs.com

New letters went out this morning. Richard Winton who wrote the original pieces for the LA Times is still there - no reply of course. The name of the manager who replied to a friend 2 yrs ago is no longer on their website.

New request going to Nancy Grace this AM too.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 03, 2011 10:51 am

Ann - Tx wrote:In loving memory of precious little Emma Barker . . .

http://www.videos.es/reproductor/--(en9nUmmfxR8
videos.es YouTube In Loving Memory of Emma Leigh Barker by Lost1Jazz

Thanks for this video Ann. Did you see the clip of Nancy Grace inbedded in the clips? Just about all the coverage including SB at prelim is there...
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for the updated e-mail addresses, LCoastMom!

In the wee hours this morning, I found an article CBS (I think it was KCBS) did a long time ago. I sent them the Link and advised them Stacey Barker's murder trial started 4-27-11.

I requested they cover the trial with updates!

I do get computer generated replies to all of my e-mails. At least I know they received it! I am going to call the folks at KABC when I leave RC and maybe I can talk to a human with authority.

LCM, during my efforts to support justice for Emma Thompson's (from the time the case unfolded through conviction and sentencing of Young & Coe), one of the TV stations that I had regular contact with, the reporter who covered the story told me one day they received over 1,000 e-mails and of course, had not read them all. She gave me her cell phone number and an "exclusive" e-mail addy where I could get info to her immediately.

So . . . my e-mail to KABC is probably sitting there and patiently waiting to be read! Laughing

I will just have to call KABC. Why would they do a story on Jury Selection for Barker on 4-18-11 and no follow up? Does not make sense to me!

I will send Richard Winton an e-mail using my e-mail and then I'll do one using LA Times form. Richard is a lucky man. He'll get two e-mails from me! LOL
I have already sent LA Times e-mails but thanks to you, I have a name this time!

One has to have a sense of humor to keep from becoming a whack job like Joy Wray (Casey Anthony case)!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Hi, LCoastMom!

Thank you for your update. I really do appreciate you taking the time to convey, via Toria, what is transpiring at trial.

In your above comment at 11:32 a.m. today (5-2-11), you stated the following:

I hope the jury is taking this all in.

I hope so too. I am not there but I bet they are taking it all in.

LCM, would you please ask Toria if the jury is observant? Are they looking at the witness when the witness testifies? Are they looking at the Prosecutor and the Defense Attorney when they are speaking? Are any of the jurors taking notes? Do the jurors seem to be paying close attention? Do they look at the defendant, Stacey Barker?

Thanks, LCM. I hope the jury is doing all of the above! I look forward to your next update!

Hi Ann! Yes, Tori said they are paying attention (I believe she said they have notebooks too) Some of them have scowled at SB during some testimony (re Emma) and some teared up during the photos.

They have all my best thoughts and prayers that they are able to see through this defense and find SB guilty of 2nd degree murder and sentence her to 25 To Life, the other two charges are worth enough time combined that it should be at least 25 years before SB thinks about leaving prison. If she can't start showing some guilt and remorse it will be much longer! Cool
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 10:04 pm

LCM, thank you for answering my questions. It sounds like a very observant jury and that is a good thing!

I hope Stacey is found guilty.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Piper wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
LCoastMom wrote:Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 2 Ddbc08bd9bbcb10ac2174996a958f659

Precious Emma, we do this for her.
Bringing this beautiful picture of precious little Emma forward! afro

What a beautiful, precious angel afro

JUSTICE FOR EMMA LEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Emma Banner on your note! One of these days I need to figure out how to do that!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 04, 2011 3:16 am

Katfish has a new article posted.

It is regarding some of the testimony of Stacey Barker's mother, Sue!

Very interesting. The ladies attending the trial are taking detailed notes!
~~~~~~

Katfish . . . . . Ponders . . .

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stacey Barker Murder Trial - First Day Testimony

First Witness - Sue Barker

Stacey Barker's mother, Sue Barker, was the first witness to be called in the state's case in chief. I plan to write this in a question and answer format. Sometimes it seems as though the questions are all over the place. Kelly Cromer told the jury not to try to read anything into the questions she and Dager ask or how they are asked so I'll take her word for it. :)

Read more:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2011/05/stacey-barker-murder-trial-first-day.html?showComment=1304492536591#c3827881100381262527

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am

Thanks for the update, those attending the trial are doing a fantastic job.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed May 04, 2011 9:41 am

After the bus broke down Judge Zacky cleared the Courtroom asking everyone to return at 1:30. Brendan B was up first. (I'm sure he was thinking finally!) He told the Court that they met at Coach's Sports Bar on Dec 31, 2008 (so we're down to exactly 2 1/2 months before Emma was murdered) - they started talking, dancing, having fun, hanging out and then they shared a New Years Kiss at Midnight (remember her Myspace said, The best New Year's kiss I have ever had).

Ms Cromer asks if they had sex - BB said yes. She asks him how long before they started having sex - BB answered 'some time in January 2009.' She asked - 'Was in the first week, the middle of the month or the end of the month?' He doesn't recall. Ms Cromer kept pressing him for an answer and he kept replying 'It was just some time in January.' Asked if that was the best he could do? He said, 'Yeah'. So she asked him, ''OK, can we rule out the first week of January?" He replied; ''Sure you can if you want."

Ms Cromer is not pleased and she asked Judge Zacky to declare him a hostile witness. (Note - one of SB's aunts is a paralegal - when Sue Barker took the stand on day two she kept using the words "I can't recall." It was discussed in open court that Ms Cromer felt she had been coached after day one. Sounds like BB used the same coach...

Ms Cromer asked BB about his relationship with SB - what did they like to do - 'bars, clubs, Nascar?' BB said, 'clubs - yes, bars - sometimes, mostly Coach's, a sports bar and grill.' Ms Cromer asks how long the Nascar event was and he said one whole day - so they did not go to Nascar weekend, just the day? BB said 'Yes.'

BB admitted he spent one weekend at the Barker home while GB & SB were away. He arrived on Friday night after Emma was asleep.

Asked if SB called in sick from work on two occasions to spend time with him BB stated I don't recall, she may have. He admitted she called off on 3/18 and they spent the day together.

On St Patrick's Day they went to Coach's leaving at 10 after he had 1 beer and SB had 1/2 beer (RIGHT!) SB drove when they left, they took a drive to the peak over the aqueduct and spent 20 minutes looking at the lights of the Valley, then they returned to his place. He then told Ms Cromer he doesn't recall if they had sex that night or not.

Next Ms Cromer asks him if he is a chronic nail biter? BB said no, I have bitten my nails since I was young... (OK so he's a chronic nail biter). Something we blogged about early on was BB biting his nails and spitting / flicking them in the Courtroom.

She then asks if his nails typical today of how they were on 3/17 & 3/18? He said he doesn't know, maybe. She asks if he is hygienic with his hands? He replied, 'Yes, I am always washing my hands because I am a server' - Kelly said; 'You're a SURFER??? He said no, I am a SERVER... KC said 'Oh I misheard' and everyone laughed. She asked if he could show his hands and nails to the jury, he starts to hold up his hands and Dager objects, relevance. Kelly asks for a sidebar - they go talk to Judge Zackey and come back, Ms Cromer again asked BB to show his hands and nails to the jury, he complied.

Ms Cromer asked ''Did you lacerate the inside of SB'S vagina?'' BB said, ''I don't know.'' He looked confused at the question, so then KC asked, ''Do you know if you scratched the inside of SB'S vagina that night with your fingernails?'' He said he didn't know, it's possible. (there's the answer to that question!)

BB said he dropped SB off at home at about 4 AM so she could get dressed to appear that she was going to work. She told her brother she was leaving for work. She & BB spent the day lounging around, talking, going out for lunch - then SB left to go home.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed May 04, 2011 9:45 am

At this point Nick Barker walked in, dressed in his Marine's uniform. Judge Z commented "This is the witness I spoke of earlier." He thanked NB for serving our country, he then bumped BB (again) so Nick could testify and return to FL where he is stationed.

Nick knows of BB because he knew BB's brother in HS. He and BB are not ''friends''.

Nick testified that SB was spending more and more time with BB, less and less with Emma. She would be on the phone or texting BB, not paying attention to Emma - Emma was stuck in front of the TV or with some toys. This really bothered Nick.

Emma's bedtime had been 9 to 9:30 but shortly before Emma died SB was putting her to bed at 7:30 to 8 - so she could take off and see BB (SB's mom would have been at work).

SB told Nick that she thought BB was afraid of Emma and being thrust into her life, she felt didn't want to get attached to Emma if they were not going to be together long term. (BB told LE that he was not emotionally or financially ready for a child.)

Ms Cromer asked him about a statement made to Det McCarthy (in a phone call). "Why were SB and BB going to move out of town and change their names?" Dager objected.

On March 18, 2009 - Nick left the house around 7 and he was surprised that SB and Emma weren't there when he returned after 10PM. He tried calling and texting her but she didn't return any calls to him, he started calling around to find them.

Tori thinks Nick said he had received texts from BB throughout the night, which he found to be strange. 30 minutes after the last text BB knocked at the door, told him what was going on and to jump into the car.

be back later for more. Continued thanks to Tori!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks for the updates, LCoastMom. As always, a special thanks to Toria and the ladies attending the trial.

~ ~ ~ Justice for precious Emma Barker ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 1:18 am

Nick basically refuted everything Sue Barker said about what was going on in the house - she and Stacey had been fighting for weeks - the more time SB spent with BB the less time she spent with Emma, the more angry Sue became.

Nick also testified about the special relationship SB had with her dad. She's always been Daddy's Girl and no one in the family is allowed to say SB murdered Emma or even talk about the case in front of him. Nick also said if SB is convicted dad will not have anything to do with anyone who helped put her away...

Nick had a ball game on 3/18 - when he arrived home and found SB and Emma missing he began looking for her - calling people she knew.

Nick and Brendan arrived at the PnR just in front of LE. When LASD showed up they asked Nick and Brendan to cover SB while waiting for an ambulance - they both removed their shirts to put over her.

Nick has never believed the story SB told about Emma's death being an accident - he admitted he is still angry with SB.

Brendan was at the Barker home the day after Emma was found when SB returned from being questioned. Nick heard them talking about changing their names and moving away - he called the information in to LASD! SB was also heard to tell BB "You owe me one."

BB is afraid SB is trying to make him a scapegoat in this mess - Ms Cromer let it be known there is NO ONE else implicated in the murder of Emma but there is an ongoing investigation regarding an accessory or an accessory after the fact - it involves the 6 pak of photos taken at the PnR. BB has been dismissed but is still on call and there was no further testimony regarding BB arriving with SB, leaving and returning with Nick to the PnR. BB does have an alibi for much of the time SB was on the road with Emma - he worked at Texas Cattle Co that evening from 4:30/5:00 until 9:00/9:30 and SB was sending him texts about playing with Emma at the park.

SB maintained her kidnapping story until confronted with the cell pings that had her leaving home at 4:07 and pinging in West Palmdale by 4:25 - she was headed to the freeway, headed out of town - going in the opposite direction of the park. She has told Witness X that Emma was already dead before she left Palmdale - pretty tight timeline now - she arrived home at 3:30, had a 10 minute fight with her mother (before Sue ran out to go to her appointment) and at about 4:00 told her brother she was taking Emma to the park... Around 9PM she was near LAX, presumably on her way to Anthony's mother's house when she turned around and headed back - fast!

SB told Sue Emma died while playing peak a boo with a sandwich baggie taken from SB's purse - SB admitted to her mother that she did nothing to try and save / revive Emma when she "noticed" Emma was no longer breathing.

Emma was dumped off the 5 FWY in Sylmar - in a place that was out of the way for a girl from Lancaster. It breaks my heart that originally we heard that Emma had a blanket with her but now we know she was dumped with no blanket and her favorite blanket that she called blinky was missing from the home and not found in SB's car...

Another interesting factoid - A comment on SB's MySpace page from a friend referred to someone SB knew who was going to become a sheriff - turns out it was none other than SB herself! While "hooking up" with Deputy M Villalobos SB went and took the Sheriff's entrance exam!!

Today everyone in the Courtroom saw way more of SB than they ever wanted to see - the Forensic Specialist who was present for SB's SA exam testified - photos were displayed on an 80 x 80 inch screen - suffice it to say the injuries to SB's nether region are believed to be caused by "jagged fingernails" during digital penetration. Dager asked this witness if it was possible that the scratches / abrasions could have been caused by "self gratification", while anything is possible she did not think the injuries were self inflicted.

Det Nava sought out Tori today and asked if she was one of the bloggers! Seems like Dager is the only one who still dislikes what we do and he has given us more attention than we ever asked for.

Anthony's mom has said how much the family has appreciated our efforts - not only to keep them up to date but also because the family could refer others to our blogging to spare themselves endless phone conversations with well meaning friends and family. Gma has been in court all week for Emma!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 am

Oh, Ann - Deputy Mario Villalobos wore street clothes on the stand.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 05, 2011 1:41 am

Hi, LCoastMom!

Thank you for your update. I am very proud of NB. It appears he is telling the truth. So . . Stacey fighting with Sue had been going on for weeks.

I guess his dad will be done with him if Stacey is convicted. How disgusting! What about justice for precious Emma!

I look forward to your reports. I am also checking in at Katfish's site.

Once again, many thanks to you for taking the time to update us here at Reality Chatter. Special thanks to Toria and the ladies attending the trial. Also to Katfish for her articles! All of your efforts are very much appreciated.

Stacey's attorney, Dager, might make Toria and the ladies famous! He has brought attention to them.

Did Det. Nava want Toria's autograph? I bet that would make Dager come unglued! LOL

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 am

LCoastMom, thanks for answering my question about Villalobos.

The more that is disclosed about Stacey ......
I think she is a sociopath.

She and Casey Anthony have some of the same qualities.

Stacey did work and per Sue's testimony, Stacey paid her $100 a week to take care of Emma. I think I read that at Katfish Ponders site.

I bet the paternal side of the family are grateful to all of you for posting info about this trial. They have my deeepest sympathy in the tragic lost of precious little Emma.

~ ~ ~ Justice for Emma ~ ~ ~

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Here's the comment from SB's MySpace -

Stacey's Myspace page from a friend named "CAsSandra":
"Feb 20 2009 10:18 AM

LOL sounds like Marlie haha. They must get it from their Mama's =) Wow sheriff huh? That is awesome. Its a tough career but worth it. Nothing really new with me. My b/f and I have our own place and just takin it day by day. I dont work, I went through college and graduated blah blah but I got prego my last 3 months...so I couldnt just hop up and start working. Now Danny makes enough to where I dont have to. So I just do the whole housewife Mommy thing.

Where do you live at? I would love to get together sometime!!"

"CAsSandra" was one of the first to "unfriend" SB....
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Wow, glad to hear her brother is on the stand telling it like it was! Kudos to him for also calling LAPD when he heard them talking about changing their names and leaving town!

A big LOL on the sheriff's exam! This girl and Casey Anthony could easily be twin sisters.

LCoastMom, thank you so much for taking the time to keep Emma's thread updated here. You girls are fascinating in your quest for justice for Emma Leigh! Rock on! Cool
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm

My thoughts are that recent sexual relations with the boyfriend is where the vaginal scratches and bruises came from.

Has there been any talk yet of her external injuries? Did she beat herself up or could BB possibly have done it.........
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Piper wrote:My thoughts are that recent sexual relations with the boyfriend is where the vaginal scratches and bruises came from.

Has there been any talk yet of her external injuries? Did she beat herself up or could BB possibly have done it.........

You nailed it Piper - they spent several hours (til 4AM) in his room 3/17 - early 3/18. She returned home, dressed for work and returned to his bed until 3PM 3/18 while her family thought she was at work. That's why I kinda skipped straight to the gravy on the day's details - believe me I know way more that I needed to know about SB now - barf

When LE arrived at the PnR SB pretended to be semiconscious, she had some bumps and bruises on her head and her ribs. Haven't heard testimony yet about whether they were all self inflicted or not - but they could have been.

OTOH what kind of guy leaves his girlfriend half out of it - more than half undressed in a PnR to go pick up her brother 10 miles away? A brother who had been calling and had his own transportation... Very weird bf!!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Next Witness was a forensic cell phone expert Det. Nick Cannis, he said he got the emergency cell phone records to track where she had been. He went through a list of times, calls and what cell tower they pinged off of. SB was past Palmdale at 4:18pm that day, she continued down the 14, pinging out the path to somewhere near LAX.

During this drive she gets a text from someone and SB answers the text with...."LOL, Exhausted and hung over, called in sick today"... According to what she told X this was after Emma was already dead in the back seat of the car!

There are no pings for almost 4 hours while she was near LAX at 5:22pm. The next ping is at 9:09pm and she is still near LAX... Where did she go, what did she do for the time of no pings on her phone?

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks for all the updates LCoastMom. I'm glad Emma has one family member willing to tell the whole truth.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for the update, LCoastMom.

Four hours near LAX (I assume you mean Los Angeles International Airport.). Maybe she had a lover in that area and she was shacking up with him while Emma was dead in her car.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 pm

You're welcome J4A - as KatFish says "We have a lot to say, God help anyone who tries to stop us!!"

Ann - Not sure at this point, not even sure if we'll ever know.

I received a text from Tori this morning after the Coroner's investigator was on the stand. Very upset, pictures (15) from the dump site were horrific. Some jurors were crying as well. If I understand her message SB asked for kleenex as if she was crying - but she was only faking it... sociopath indeed.

Last edited by LCoastMom on Fri May 06, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am

LCoastMom wrote:
Piper wrote:My thoughts are that recent sexual relations with the boyfriend is where the vaginal scratches and bruises came from.

You nailed it Piper - they spent several hours (til 4AM) in his room 3/17 - early 3/18. She returned home, dressed for work and returned to his bed until 3PM 3/18 while her family thought she was at work. That's why I kinda skipped straight to the gravy on the day's details - believe me I know way more that I needed to know about SB now - barf

Bolded by me...
Double barf !!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri May 06, 2011 8:33 am

Ann - Tx wrote:Thanks for the update, LCoastMom.

Four hours near LAX (I assume you mean Los Angeles International Airport.). Maybe she had a lover in that area and she was shacking up with him while Emma was dead in her car.

It sounds like that could be a very likely scenario with this girl. What a piece of work.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Katfish . . . Ponders . . . .

Friday, May 6, 2011

Stacey Barker Murder Trial - Day Two

Day two (Thursday, April 28 ) of the Stacey Barker murder trial was a frustrating day pretty much all around. Sue Barker, the defendant's mother, was back on the stand for more direct questioning by Deputy District Attorney (DDA) Kelly Cromer. The day was frustrating for DDA Kelly Cromer because Sue Barker seemed to have developed a serious case of the "I don't recall" syndrome....the state had requested the court to declare her a hostile witness yesterday.....and the court agreed. (Sorry missed reporting this yesterday)

The day was also frustrating for our friends, here is what Tori had to say about Sue's testimony, " I felt so sorry for her I could feel her pain and she looked like she was in a daze...this has taken a toll on her, Ange commented that she felt like she just wanted to hug her and tell her it was NOT her fault, that she felt heartsick for this woman she did not know...a husband that would leave her in her greatest pain for thoughts and words she said about her daughter. A daughter that had killed her only grandchild, she is in great fear of losing her husband now...how sad she loses her granddaughter, her daughter and if Stacey is convicted because of her testimony she may also lose her husband, because Stacey Barker is a "Daddy's girl" and always has been.

Read more:

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2011/05/stacey-barker-murder-trial-day-two.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Yesterday the Coroners Investigator, Denise Bertone, was on the stand. The overhead was not working so the jurors had to be shown 8x10 pictures (20 in all) of Emma at the dump site. Bertone walked by the jurors with the pictures held up and told them what each picture displayed, she was very detailed so they understood the full investigation (not only with the pictures, but with every question on the stand also).

The photos were very difficult to look at - the dump site, close ups of little Emma with linear marks on her face, froth in her mouth, blood in her nose and on her lip. They showed that there were no petechiae in Emma's eyes - the last pictures from the dump site are of Bertone doing the external exam of Emma on the back hatch of the coroners car. She explained that Emma was in a position that her arms and hands were raised and hands were lifted, hips bent and knees raised, head turned to the side. Picture a baby sleeping in a car seat.

I hope this image is burned in SB's mind forever.

Bertone explained that the froth is lung fluid and it remained in Emma's mouth until she "broke rigor" in Emma's jaw.

Dager tries to get Bertone to say the absence of petechiae means that SB did not in fact murder Emma - she explained that was not correct, that most of the time no matter how they die, children do not get petechiae, she has seen that many times in her investigations.

Dager asked if Det Marsh had explained the situation to her - Bertone said they were given basics so they knew what to look for. Next Dager asked if her investigation was conducted to make the detectives theories fit the scene. She replied "No! I direct my investigation towards what I see and not on what detectives want, sir!" He also asked if she was disturbed by this case - she told him all cases involving children are disturbing.

No doubt Dager keeps bringing this up to show that people are not being fair to his poor client.

Los Angeles County Deputy Coroner James K. Ribe was next -

Dr Ribe said that he saw four signs that Emma was smothered, not choked to death on a baggie.

1) Froth (lung fluid) in mouth
2) Swelling of the brain - showing a slow death
3) Blood dark - almost black, unclotted and watery
4) Blood in and around the nose

Dr Ribe explained that do to an absence of cartilage in a young child's nose there would be little evidence of pressure applied to the face.

Dager asked why he did not mention the blood found in Emma's nose in his first report - he replied that he didn't notice it!

Dager says, "Kelly Cromer told you right?" "Yes." Which gives Dager the opportunity he needed to say, "Haven't you changed your COD in other cases?" Ms Cromer objects! Judge Zackey sites the SALAZAR case and tells Dager that Ribe only changed the time of death not the cause in that case. He has not changed the cause of death in this case either, he has only added one more sign of suffocation. Dr Ribe's testimony will stand.

In the Salazar case the petitioner Jose Salazar was found guilty, the verdict was turned over on appeal and retried where the defendant was once again found guilty in the death of 11 month old Adriana Krygoski. The perp shook the baby to death, hitting her head against a hard surface - because she pushed her spoon away, getting baby food on his new sweats and tee.

The complete - horrific story should anyone want to read it:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-supreme-court/1151108.html
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 07, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks for the update, LCoastMom!

Poor little precious Emma. I can just visualize the description of the photos.

I would like to ask Stacey what could little Emma possibly have done to deserve being killed and tossed like trash on side of the road.

LCM, just think if it would have been weeks or months before Emma was found. Thank God Stacey told where Emma could be found. So much forensic evidence versus scattered bones like in the Caylee Anthony case.

Based on a comment I read at Katfish's, it seems like this case will conclude next week. I hope Stacey is found guilty and she receives the maximum sentence allowed by law.

She deserves the death penalty!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 am

What a harrowing picture of a child in that state, Sad

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Sat May 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Piper wrote:What a harrowing picture of a child in that state, Sad

You're right, I just can't get past "How could she?" Crying or Very sad
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Thanks for the update, LCoastMom!

Poor little precious Emma. I can just visualize the description of the photos.

I would like to ask Stacey what could little Emma possibly have done to deserve being killed and tossed like trash on side of the road.

LCM, just think if it would have been weeks or months before Emma was found. Thank God Stacey told where Emma could be found. So much forensic evidence versus scattered bones like in the Caylee Anthony case.

Based on a comment I read at Katfish's, it seems like this case will conclude next week. I hope Stacey is found guilty and she receives the maximum sentence allowed by law.

She deserves the death penalty!

You're welcome Ann - I think this is another case of a spoiled brat punishing her mother. Sue told SB she wanted her to move out and she wouldn't babysit Emma - so SB showed her what happens when she is crossed...

IMO the dose of Benadryl would prove premeditation. She should be charged with Murder 1 - DP or Life w/o parole. She's been given a big ol gift from the state by answering to Murder 2.

Oh, we were discussing where this happened - Early on we heard she turned around in Lawndale before heading back to the Valley - that was my #1 choice - there are multiple streets full of deserted businesses one block from the FWY (EZ off - EZ on). I thought she pulled off, committed the murder and got right back on the FWY - hung around somewhere, dumped Emma in Sylmar, then went to the PnR.

In opening we heard she told Witness X Emma died before she left Lancaster, then we heard about her cell pings - she got out of Dodge rather quickly - apparently heading straight for the FWY from home and Nick testified that Emma was alive and in SB's arms when she told him they were going to the park...

I will never understand, as long as I live...

Sue testified that SB told her she did nothing to try and revive Emma from the baggie incident (not that I bought into that for even a second) and when Emma was found Sue asked her why she left Emma without her pink blanket (called her binky) but SB never answered.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Sat May 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Dager tried hard to get the PnR and the info on SB's car tossed - now we know why. For all Dager's boasting about Emma being a miracle baby, claiming SB has some condition that could have prevented her from ever getting pregnant - there is a box of Plan B (emergency contraception) in her glove box... Ms Cromer says that box shows state of mind!

As I said before, the detective pointed out (and there are photos to back up) that SB's feet and hands were clean and neat at the hospital. (Her sandals were in the car). But there is soft, loose dirt that matches the PnR dirt on the floorboard of her car, on the passenger side where she was "found" - the dirt near the fence where her clothing and some personal items were tossed is disturbed and appears that some of the dirt was dragged over the curb, to the front bumper. We're questioning if this is where the accessory after the fact comes in.

Det Marsh on the stand:

Ms Cromer asked where he first had contact with SB - he said it was at the Sylmar site. SB was seated in the back of an unmarked car, with the window down. Asked what he did, he said he introduced himself and told her he was sorry for her loss. Ms Cromer asked what SB said to him, what she did - he said she didn't respond, at all. There was no reaction, she just sat there looking out the window, she seemed unconcerned. As we have noted, just like in court!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next