Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense

4 posters

Go down

Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense Empty Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense

Post by Snaz Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Hearing Sought On Anthony Defense Costs

April 16 2010

Anthony is seeking to learn how much taxpayer money her defense team will be allowed to spend.

In a new motion filed on Thursday, Baez, asked Strickland to hold a capital defense budget hearing.

Strickland declared Anthony indigent for court costs in March, which cleared the way for state taxpayers to pick up certain costs necessary to mount a death-penalty defense.

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he expects the hearing to be closed or the specifics kept confidential so prosecutors don't get any clues as to how Anthony's defense team plans to mount her defense.

In order to set the defense's budget, Hornsby said he expects Anthony's lawyers will have to lay out line item by line item the expert witnesses they plan to rely on and any other investigative costs they expect to incur.

The total amount of taxpayer money Strickland grants them may be revealed, but it will be up to him to determine what money requests are reasonable and which are not.

"At the end of the day, Judge Strickland is going to ask: 'Would a reasonable attorney need these services to properly defend somebody?' And if he believes they do, he is going to agree to set a budget to allow them to engage that amount of services," Hornsby said.

The Justice Administrative Commission objected and said $275,000 previously spent by Anthony's defense team should have been enough to pay for the attorneys and pick up a major share of due-process costs.

Motion For Capital Defense Budget Hearing filed April 15, 2010
http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0416/23173678.pdf

Video:

http://www.wesh.com/video/23176713/index.html

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/23173465/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense Empty Re: Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense

Post by Cali Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:39 am

dream on...bunch of losers
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense Empty Re: Defense Wants To Know How Much Money They Can Spend On KC's Defense

Post by Estee Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

Ok, so now Judge Perry has his first hearing in this case...and naturally it's all about money...I believe he has been in charge of trial budgets in the past...so lets see how much the d-fense can squeeze out of the taxpayers of Florida...Guess this case will be a "Perry/Mason" case after all...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

LOL Estee! Perry Mason! Laughing
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am

In typical 'do my job for me' fashion, the defense is asking for money before they know how much they need?

Why oh Why do they engage in speculation?

Baez and company already know how this works!

I can't wait to see how Perry handles this - and I hope he figures in for Dr Lee's help, the cost of a crate of oranges!
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down