Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10

5 posters

Go down

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Empty Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10

Post by Piper Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Stephanie Eldredge Missing Since 8/20/07

Updated: Oct 4, 2007 07:42 PM EDT

**In light of the recent findings of remains of a female in the Idaho Falls area, I felt the need to post Stephanie's story as well**

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Stepha10

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Stepha12

STEPHANIE ANN ELDREDGE
LAST DATE OF CONTACT : 08/20/2007

DOB : 08/05/1986 HEIGHT : 5'04"
HAIR COLOR : BLONDE EYE COLOR : BLUE
RACE : WHITE

CASE INFORMATION :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LSW WHITE T-SHIRT, PINK SHORTS. TATTOO ROSE ON BACK. MOLE RIGHT ARM. AKA/ WILKEY, STEPHANIE ANN GUDMUNDSEN,STEPHANIE ANN KING, STEPHANIE ANN WHITE, STEPHANIE ANN WALLACE, STEPHANIE ANN

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PERSON PLEASE CONTACT :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IDAHO FALLS CRIME STOPPERS AT 522-1983

One month ago, 21-year-old Stephanie Eldridge went missing from her Idaho Falls home. Despite all the work by investigators and pleas from her family, few leads have come in and police say they have no idea if she's dead or alive.

Family and investigators are feeling frustrated at the lack of information in this case. It's like Stephanie simply vanished on August 20th.
Stephanie's mother, Moriah King, tries to make it through each day doing normal activities like housework, hoping her only daughter will walk through the door. She holds onto the hope that Stephanie is alive.

Moriah King: "I think she's being held against her will. That's not Stephanie to walk away."

Because of the lack of leads, police can't say whether she is dead or alive.

Lt. Ken Brown: "Of course the longer that they're gone without hearing a word from anybody anywhere, it becomes more and more suspicious and more and more evident that something tragic may have happened to her."

This is a case that has had few leads from the beginning.

Lt. Ken Brown: "Cases like this are very frustrating because we're not receiving information in from anybody on possible location of where she's at, if she's in another state, another city, you know, if something has happened to her that's tragic. We're absolutely receiving no information whatsoever on it."

Last Friday, police did a polygraph test on Stephanie's common-law husband, Mike Jimenez. His mother Lynette says he was willing, and cooperative.

Police will not say if they have any suspects at this time, but plead with anyone with information to come forward.

Lt. Ken Brown: "If you have some information somebody's told you -- something -- and you think they won't want to hear from me for that, call us and let us know. Let us at least investigate it and find out if the information is good or bad."

Moriah says she won't ever give up on finding all the answers.

Moriah King: "Why? Because she's my daughter and I love her. My God Stephanie, just come home. We just want you home."
There's also talk of getting Stephanie's name and information on large billboards around the area.

Police are monitoring her cell phone, checking the voice mail for any suspicious messages, but so far nothing. They are watching her bank account as well.

As for Stephanie's three girls-- the oldest is four, they have not been told what's going on, only that their mother is still on vacation.

If you can help solve this case, call Crime Stoppers at 208-522-1983.

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?s=7101189
http://www.myspace.com/findstephanie123

Last edited by Piper on Thu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Empty Re: Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10

Post by Justice4all Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 am

Thanks for posting this Piper. I hope one day that Stephanie is either found alive or that her family gets the answers they are looking for.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Empty Re: Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10

Post by Piper Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 am

You're welcome, J4A. I can't imagine what these families with missing loved ones go through each day, wondering and waiting for answers.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am

Eldridge and Hoopes Families Speak

Posted: April 26, 2010 11:56 PM EDT

Family members of Stephanie Eldridge and Amber Hoopes spoke exclusively to Channel 6 Monday night about the body found in Ammon.

Investigators say the body may be one of the two girls who have been missing from Idaho Falls for several years.

The female body found in the hills of Ammon Friday may be the next step to some sort of closure for one of the families.

Amber Hoopes has been missing for more than 8 years and Stephanie Eldridge has been missing since 2007.

"You know, it's tough," said Deb Rowbury, Stephanie Eldridge's aunt. "It's like opening an old wound. But it's also helping because somebody out there, if not Stephanie, it might be Amber Hoopes or somebody else that's missing."

Family members of Stephanie Eldridge say the past few days have been rough.

Investigators are saying it is a good possibility the body found might be Stephanie or Amber. An autopsy of the body is currently in progress at the state lab in Boise.

Family members of Amber Hoopes say they expect to hear what the DNA results will be within a matter of days. But regardless of the results, Amber's family knows she is safe.

"We've come to grips with it," said Noris Burgener, Amber Hoopes' grandfather. "We have for 8 1/2 years. And so, we're okay with it. We know where she's at. We know she's with our Heavenly Father."

Stephanie's family is preparing for the candle vigil they hold each year in August to commemorate the missing in the eastern Idaho area.

Possibly for one of these families, their family member will no longer be missing.

Article:
http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379838

Video:
http://www.kpvi.com/global/category.asp?c=169274&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=94836&topVideoCatNoB=167746&topVideoCatNoC=169238&topVideoCatNoD=169239&topVideoCatNoE=169240&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4735488&flvUri=&partnerclipid=
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun May 02, 2010 8:37 am

Skeletal remains believed to be Stephanie Eldridge

Story Updated: Apr 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM MDT

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Ac_4-310

BONNEVILLE COUNTY - It was a week ago when a repairman working on windmills stumbled across the remains and reported it to authorities.

That prompted a massive joint task force to comb the area looking for more evidence.

Based on what officers found at the scene, evidence in the autopsy, information obtained through the initial disappearance, and what they've received throughout the investigation, leads Idaho Falls Police to believe the remains are that of Stephanie Eldridge and that she was murdered.

Police would not specify on the condition of the body or whether it was buried when it was found. But they do believe several people have been near the remains.

"I think that people have definitely been in that area. Probably quite a few people during a two and a half-three year period. I think it was just out of the way enough where people just didn't notice it and didn't notice the remains," says Sgt. Phil Grimes with the Idaho Falls Police Department.

Eldridge was last seen at her home August 20, 2007. On that date, her stepmother came to visit, but only found her four-year old daughter home alone.

Earlier today, I spoke with Stephanie's Mother-in-Law, Linnette Theisen, by phone to get the family's reaction to the latest development.

She told me, "It's a bad situation all around and it's devastated a lot of people. I'm not sure what to say, I'm all numb and in shock. We're waiting for confirmation although we're fairly certain it's her. It's hard, but it will be nice to have some closure. It's hard to believe she was so close but no one found her until now".

Police are waiting for the dental and DNA comparisons to arrive from the Boise laboratories. But when and if it turns out to be Stephanie, police will continue this homicide investigation.

http://www.kidk.com/news/92554344.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Remains found in Idaho identified as local woman

May 5th, 2010 @ 9:56pm

BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho -- Investigators have ruled out one more lead in the disappearance of Susan Powell of West Valley City.

A medical examiner now confirms that bones found last month near Ammon, Idaho, were not those of Susan Powell.

A match of dental records determined they belong to Stephanie Eldredge, who was last seen in her home in Idaho Falls in August of 2007.

Susan Powell was last seen Dec. 6, when her husband says he took their two small children for an outing in the West Desert.

Her husband, Josh Powell, is still the only person of interest in the case.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10665314
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Stephanie Eldridge Family Speaks About Her Body Being Identified

Posted: May 5, 2010 11:43 PM EDT

Updated: May 6, 2010 11:36 AM EDT

The body found almost two weeks ago outside of Ammon has been positively identified Wednesday as Stephanie Eldridge.

The sense of shock trembles through the family, and family members want to send a message to those who are responsible and to the community as well.

Deb Rowbury, Stephanie's aunt: "On behalf of the family, my niece Stephanie Eldridge, I've been asked to speak and reach out to the public and to thank all for your help."

Dental records confirmed Wednesday that the decomposed body found in Ammon is Stephanie Eldridge, who has been missing since 2007.

The family of Stephanie says they can now move forward. The next step for them is to have a memorial service for Stephanie. Her aunt will be setting up the Stephanie Eldridge Fund to help pay for the memorial expenses. The remaining money in the fund will be left for Stephanie's three daughters for when they turn 18 years old.

But the family says finding Stephanie's body has not fully brought closure to them. They now want to quickly bring justice to whom ever killed their family member.

"That was a coward act, it was mean and vicious, it was murder," said Rowbury. "So, to that person or those people - and there are more people linked to this - anybody that's even acknowledged the facts about this should be arrested as well. In my heart and soul I feel the same way."

Stephanie's aunt says keeping busy has kept her going this whole time Stephanie has been missing. She has helped put together several candle vigils over the years and has maintained a MySpace page dedicated to Stephanie. Now she is getting ready to start the Fund to raise money for Stephanie's memorial service.

Link to video:
http://www.kpvi.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4762271&h1=Stephanie%20Eldridge%20Family%20Speaks%20About%20Her%20Body%20Being%20Identified&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=131700&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=82066225

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=12435571
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 pm

I feel so bad for Stephanie's family and the 3 children left behind. They have Stephanie now, but they still have many unanswered questions.

I am not sure on the correct spelling of Stephanie's last name. It has been reported as both Eldredge and Eldridge.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri May 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Person Of Interest Maybe Last To See Eldridge Alive

Grandparents Grieve Over Stephanie Eldridge's Murder

By Hailey Higgins, Local News 8 Reporter
POSTED: 7:08 pm MDT May 6, 2010

BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho -- Stephanie Eldridge's family continues to grieve over Wednesday’s announcement her body was found murdered in the foothills east of Ammon.

Idaho Falls Police are keeping any new information under wraps, because they said it could hinder prosecution of the crime.

The police said they have a person of interest. It could be the last person who saw her alive.

Sgt. Phil Grimes said Eldridge’s boyfriend’s half-brother was alone with her before she disappeared, leaving behind three young daughters.

Read the rest: http://www.localnews8.com/news/23481201/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdhccl Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Stephanie's body is going to be released tomorrow. Then her family can truly lay her to rest. Her precious children are still here ,laughing and loving. Tell the people you care about how much they mean to you. Do it today!

gdhccl

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:13 pm

I.F. police say lead may not help cold case

Mar 15, 2015

IDAHO FALLS — An Idaho Falls woman recently came forward and provided a possible lead in the disappearance and death of Stephanie Eldredge. Investigators are following the lead, but they’re not convinced that it will bring them any closer to solving the cold case.

Read more:  http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/i-f-police-say-lead-may-not-help-cold-case/article_54cea134-cafb-11e4-9461-9b1ce18e05a9.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Eldredge -- Found Deceased 5/5/10 Empty Piper

Post by joleneh07 Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 am

Piper,

On behalf of our family Stephanie's actual real FAMILY we would appreciate it if you would remove Ms. Rowberry she is in NO relations to Stephanie and it is painful to see her taking credit or trying to spotlight herself she has been asked repeatedly to stop telling people she is her Aunt by our family as well as the media. I know this post may be old but we are asking once again to remove that women's name from anything that has to do with Stephanie her family is Hake's Brewer's Wilkey's we are not related to any Rowberry. All Rowberry was, was a acquaintance of a family member that is all she has caused and taken enough. Thank you for your time and fixing this misunderstanding.

Sincerely

Stephanie's blood FAMILY

joleneh07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down