Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main characters in the case....

5 posters

Go down

Main characters in the case.... Empty Main characters in the case....

Post by LottieM Tue May 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Admittedly, I haven't followed this case very closely, so I've missed a lot! Now I'm trying to catch up so I thought I'd put this up in case others may want to know some of main players! (link below)

I didn't know, for example, until I read a post by butterfly, that Ron had a kid by Amber Brooks!

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-05-16/story/haleigh_cummings_saga_troubled_family_hopes_for_her_safe_return

Still missing

The Putnam County kindergartner has been missing since she went to bed the night of Feb. 9.

Haleigh Cummings:
The kindergartner at Browning Pearce Elementary School disappeared from her bed sometime between 10 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. Feb. 10. Her father's girlfriend said she woke up to find her missing from the same room where they were sleeping with Haleigh's younger brother.

A screen door propped open with a brick was one of the only clues detectives found in days of intense searching on land and water.

Family players

Ronald Cummings:

Haleigh's 25-year-old father has a history of minor drug arrests and has shown flashes of violent behavior. On the 911 call, he was convinced someone abducted his daughter and vowed to kill them. He has been living with his grandmother after losing his job for not making arrangements to keep it, though his attorneys say he was told he would be reinstated.

Court affidavits in a 2005 custody case with Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, accuse him of abuse and that "his chosen lifestyle and illegal business actions pose a severe risk to the children."

Cummings has another child with Sheffield and a disabled toddler son with another woman. He was never married to either of his children's mothers. He married underage Misty Croslin with permission from her parents a little more than a month after Haleigh's disappearance.

Misty Croslin Cummings:
Croslin was 16 when she went to live with Cummings last year and was the one who reported Haleigh missing. On the weekend before Haleigh disappeared, Croslin was reported to have had a tryst with a 28-year-old while partying after a fight with Cummings. Detectives say she has changed her story about the disappearance in 10 interviews.

She and Cummings were married the day before traveling to New York for a live appearance on "Today" to discuss Haleigh's disappearance.

Crystal Sheffield:
Haleigh's 23-year-old mother began living with Cummings when she was 14 and was pregnant with Haleigh at 17. Sheffield has been separated from Cummings since 2005. She has not had custody of their daughter or son, Ronald Jr., since then and now has a second daughter. Lack of employment, previous drug use and several missed doctor's appointments for Haleigh were discussed in the custody papers. She owes Cummings thousands in child support.

At the Haleigh Bug Center, a small roadside outpost in southern Putnam County that uses a nickname for her missing daughter, Sheffield and her supporters attempt to keep the public focused on the case. When she is not there, Sheffield is at home in Baker County with her younger daughter, where she lives with her fiancee, who is her stepbrother, and his two children.

Family connections

Hank Croslin:
He and his wife gave legal consent for their daughter's marriage to Cummings. Weeks later, he filed a complaint with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office to say his new son-in-law gave him a pill that was supposed to help with pain from a serious traffic accident but instead put him in a coma. In the incident report, he said Cummings often gave him pain pills.

He later denied that Cummings gave him pills at any time or that he feared his son-in-law, according to a news release from Cummings' attorney.

Joseph Overstreet:
A Croslin family relative from Tennessee, Overstreet was accused of stealing a gun from Ronald Cummings soon after arriving for a visit. He left Putnam County the day Haleigh disappeared. His cousin, Croslin, said Overstreet had "messed" with her when both were young. Investigators cleared Overstreet of involvement in the disappearance.

Amber Brooks:
She is the 20-year-old mother of Cummings' other son, Jordan, who is disabled. Brooks has been arrested on drug charges, including attempting to smuggle cocaine into jail following an arrest in April at a Palatka motel known for drug activity. She also was charged in January with drug possession.

Croslin was a baby-sitter for Brooks and met Cummings after telling him Brooks was leaving her with the baby for long periods.

Street connections

Kristina "Nay Nay" Prevatt:

A friend of Brooks, she was arrested with her at the Palatka motel in April and charged with attempting to smuggle drugs into the jail. Four people were arrested on drug possession charges in that case.

Prevatt also is an acquaintance of Croslin and was with her the weekend before Haleigh disappeared. The two spent time partying with Greg "White Boy" Page. She caused a stir when a radio station reported investigators had a break in the case because she was in custody. The Sheriff's Office said there was no connection.

Greg "White Boy" Page:
On the weekend before Haleigh disappeared during a night of partying and drugs, Page said he hooked up with Croslin with the help of Prevatt after her fight with Cummings. Page, who recently said he hadn't talked with her since, also has several drug arrests and was sentenced to six months in jail in 2008 for selling pot.

Outside connections

Kim Picazio:
A South Florida attorney who is representing Sheffield for free, Picazio has made no bones about her determination to have Ronald Jr. taken from his father. She has met with the state Department of Children and Families, and the agency is investigating her allegations. Picazio also is paying for running the Haleigh Bug Center and said she has rented a house in Putnam for use by staffers who come and go from South Florida. Picazio has sponsored an online site, www.haleighbug.com, that offers a link for those who have tips in the case.

William "Cobra" Staubs:
A private investigator and bounty hunter, Staubs is an associate of Picazio's and is conducting much of her investigation. He once bailed Prevatt out of jail and returned her for breaking conditions of her release.
Early in the case, he was charged with false imprisonment after accosting Daniel Snodgrass, a Satsuma man who was free on bail on a sex charge involving children.

Greg Kimball and T. Jerry Snider:
The Palatka attorneys are representing Cummings, also for free. The firm has used news releases to refute accusations that Cummings is an abusive father and created an online site, www.findhaleighnow.com, to support a continued search for Haleigh.

This report contains material gathered from police reports, court records and interviews, as well as from a video interview with Greg Page by Art Harris of The Bald Truth on artharris.com. Harris is a former CNN investigative correspondent.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Main characters in the case.... Empty Re: Main characters in the case....

Post by LottieM Tue May 04, 2010 12:10 pm

More need to be added since Timmy/Tommy aren't mentioned above. If anyone wants to help put them (and any pertinent others) up, I would Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Great thread, Lottie. I'll help you add some this evening.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey Lottie, some of these are repeats, some are not....

Players in the Haleigh Cummings case

Published: Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:39 p.m.

Donna Brock:
Friend of Misty Croslin, previously with Texas-based EquuSearch, 44. Recently arrested on charges of trafficking in prescription medications and housed at the St. Johns County jail. The Orlando resident had worked with the mounted search-and-recovery team in the search for Haleigh. But she was one of five people, along with Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin, arrested last month in what officers describe as an effort to deal with a growing prescription drug problem in Putnam County. Officers and a friend of Misty Croslin said Brock befriended the young woman after Haleigh vanished.

Hank Croslin Jr.:
One of Misty Croslin's brothers, 23. His name began to surface regarding the case because of statements by his sister that he was acting strangely at about the time Haleigh disappeared, a fight with his then-brother-in-law Ronald Cummings, an arrest on a grand theft charge and reports from the Sheriff's Office that, on the night Haleigh vanished, he went to the home where his sister was taking care of the girl and her brother and no one answered the door. He now is being held at the St. Johns County jail in the same drug trafficking case as his sister.

Hank Croslin Sr.:
Misty Croslin's father, 41. He was arrested in November and accused of doctor shopping. A relative said this was a misunderstanding in which he was referred from one doctor to another to treat physical problems involving high blood pressure and other problems. He became one of a series of people connected to Haleigh who were arrested on charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance. Like others, however, he was questioned about his granddaughter. Hank Croslin Sr. also was involved in an August incident in which Ronald Cummings was arrested after a fight with his brother-in-law.

Lisa Croslin:
Misty Croslin's mother, 40. She was one of a series of people linked to the missing child who were arrested last year. Officers said the arrests were unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance but that they would take the opportunity to question those arrested, several of whom were members of Misty Croslin's family or acquaintances of the young woman. Lisa Croslin was arrested in October 2009 after she was accused of forging a neighbor's check.

Misty Croslin:
Haleigh Cummings' baby sitter the night she vanished, 18. Officers have described Croslin as the “key” to Haleigh's disappearance. She was caring for Haleigh and Haleigh's brother the night the girl was last seen. Opinions about Croslin have varied throughout the months since Haleigh vanished, with officers saying there are inconsistencies in her stories and even those who had supported her now saying that, if she has information, she needs to come forward. Croslin now sits at the St. Johns County jail on multiple drug charges related to the alleged trafficking of prescription drugs.

Haleigh Cummings:
Missing Putnam County girl, 6. The kindergartner was 5 when she was last seen at the home she shared with her father, his then-girlfriend Misty Croslin and her younger brother. Croslin has said she, Haleigh and the boy were home alone when Haleigh supposedly vanished from the residence while everyone was asleep. Almost a year later, after thousands of tips and ongoing efforts to find her, Haleigh's whereabouts remain a mystery. Relatives continue to hold out hope the girl will be found alive.

Ronald Cummings Jr.:
Haleigh's younger brother, 4. The boy was 3 when his sister disappeared from their Satsuma home. Now he is living with his mother, Crystal Sheffield, in Baker County after she was granted temporary custody when the boy's father, Ronald Cummings, was arrested last month on drug charges. The child supposedly has said that “a big man dressed in black” came into the home and took Haleigh. Both children reportedly were asleep in the residence along with Misty Croslin who was baby-sitting them. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has reported that investigators were following up on any information the boy could provide.

Ronald Cummings:
Haleigh Cummings' father, 26. Cummings and Crystal Sheffield have two children together, Haleigh and Ronald Cummings Jr. He had primary custody of the two when Haleigh disappeared while his then-girlfriend was baby-sitting the two children. He was not home at the time but working a night shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Like Haleigh's mother, officers have publicly said he is not a suspect in his child's disappearance. But Cummings has had run-ins with the law since Haleigh was last seen. He now is being held at the Putnam County jail in the same drug trafficking case as his ex-wife, Misty Croslin.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood:
Spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, 39. Greenwood has handled the lion's share of the media's questions on the Haleigh Cummings case since the girl disappeared and reporters camped daily outside a law enforcement command post set up in a neighborhood next door to the area where the child was last seen. With the Sheriff's Office for 15 years, he also is the supervisor of the agency's Office of Professional Standards, which includes internal affairs, training, accreditation and human resources.

Marie Griffis:
Mother of Crystal Sheffield, 44. Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother, along with her daughter kept vigil for the missing girl for weeks near the site where she was last seen. Early in the case she had been critical of Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin but now says she feels sorry for Croslin, although she still hopes the young woman will reveal information leading to Haleigh. She has been working with Cummings' mother to set up prayer vigils for Haleigh as the one-year anniversary of the girl's disappearance approaches.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy:
Putnam County sheriff, 44. Hardy had just been elected in 2008 when Haleigh Cummings was reported missing in February 2009. The case, Hardy has said, put plans he had at the time for the agency on hold while Sheriff's Office employees focused efforts and resources on finding the missing girl. Before becoming the office's sheriff, he had worked with the agency for more than 14 years. He also previously served as a deputy with the Broward County Sheriff's Office for four years and later became the sworn police administrator for the Putnam County School District Police Department.

Teresa Neves:
Mother of Ronald Cummings, 50. Neves often has served as the spokeswoman for her family, speaking out as the search for her missing granddaughter continues. Neves has said she continues to talk to reporters in the hopes of keeping Haleigh's case in the public eye. And she has been involved in organizing prayer vigils and other events that include both sides of Haleigh's family, her father's and her mother's relatives, a relationship that has been strained as the search continues and custody disputes are raised over the girl and her younger brother.

Kristina “Nay Nay” Prevatt:
Acquaintance of Misty Croslin, 19. In October, she was an inmate at the Putnam County jail on charges including drug and narcotic equipment possession. She supposedly wrote a letter talking about an allegation that Haleigh had been taken to a party where she died of a drug overdose. Then the child supposedly was taken to a pond. Prevatt claimed she was questioned about this and denied that she was at the party. At the time the letter became public, a high-ranking Putnam County Sheriff's Office official called it a “farce” and said that it was “ludicrous” the media was reacting to it.

Crystal Sheffield:
Haleigh Cummings' mother, 24. Sheffield and Ronald Cummings have two children together, Haleigh and Ronald Cummings Jr. In February 2009, Cummings had primary custody of the children, and Sheffield would visit them every other weekend. Sheffield spent weeks traveling to Putnam County from her Baker County home after Haleigh vanished. Sheffield now lives near her mother and has temporary custody of her young son following Cummings' arrest on drug charges. Investigators last year said both Cummings and Sheffield were not considered suspects in their daughter's disappearance.

Hope A. Sykes:
Cousin of Ronald Cummings, 18. Sykes was arrested in January along with Cummings, Misty Croslin and two others on allegations regarding trafficking of prescription medications. She currently remains in custody at the Putnam County jail. Officers allege Sykes, along with Croslin and Cummings, were involved in the sale of hydrocodone pills in mid-January in Welaka and San Mateo, according to arrest reports.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/articles/100209558?p=all&tc=pgall[b]
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm not sure if I should print the whole page, it's long.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4570.0
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Julie wrote:I'm not sure if I should print the whole page, it's long.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4570.0

In this particular case, the link is sufficient.....

Thanks, Julie!
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks Snaz.
btw, I like your new look.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly64 Tue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

LottieM- Great post. This was why when it came to "motive" .. the only one in the bunch I had thought of was Amber. Back in November.. 3-4 months before Haleigh was abducted/killed/taken ( yet to be determined) That Misty Croslin posted a nasty comment on Ambers myspace page and Misty said something in regards to "not only do I have your man, but I will get Jordan/your son as well" not exact words, might be off a word or two but its what Misty meant.

So, what I see is Misty threatening to take Jordan. That kind of threat doesn't sit too well with most mothers. Bad enough Amber had to deal with Misty throwing in her face she had her man but her son as well? Could it be revenge on Ambers behalf? I know, others will disagree but if a stranger didn't do something with Haleigh ( as law enforcement had determined) then someone who knew Haleigh did. I think Nay Nay and Amber.. being as close as they were to each other, knows something regarding all of it.... and, not to throw a wrench in my theory upon theorys, but the cape cod guy who attended my doctors office last name is "brooks".. and this guy is the ONLY long distance patient he has ( 3 hours away).. another co-inky dink going on here? Once I found out that name, I didn't even know the entire croslin story but once I did .. and found out about Ambers relation in it all.. I was thinking " brooks".. Amber brooks. Does Amber Brooks have any relatives named " richard"? a father, a brother, an uncle.. and did Nay Nay set it up to get Misty to leave so someone could carry this all out. I can't help but to think something stinks here and at the same time... I could be WAY off. just a thought.

butterfly64

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Thanks everyone for adding! It's gonna take me a while to catch up!

Butterfly, I can see where the Brooks name at the doctor's office (with his request for an inhaler)sparked your interest!

AJ, I hear ya loud and clear on how the media changes a word or two and renders the entire message false. I really hate when they do that!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm

So many players have been brought forward in this case with still no answers on what happened to Haleigh. It's been over a year now and it can be confusing as to who said what, what they really said and then what was reported as fact. AJ, I totally agree on the misrepresenations in reporting. It's horrendous.

The first time I read Nay Nay's letter it screamed set up. LE had already seen the letter when it was presented to them and said it was of no interest to them.

A strange letter written by Kristina Rene "Nay Nay" Prevatt from the Putnam County Jail to her to boyfriend pertaining to Haleigh Cummings' disapperance was made public by private investigator William Cobra Staubs. Prevatt is a partying acquaintance of Misty Croslin-Cummings.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5281690.php

Just curious, has anyone seen a picture of Amber Brooks and Ron's son?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 am

That was to be an example of the boasting of Cobra's introduction of the letter to the public........when in fact, LE had already seen it and had no interest. Should have made myself clearer... Main characters in the case.... 80578
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down