Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10

2 posters

Go down

Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10 Empty Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10

Post by Julie Tue May 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Amber Alert: 3-Year-Old Brian Kenney Abducted at Gunpoint from Father's Home in Delaware

Posted by Caroline Black
May 11, 2010 11:38 AM

NEW CASTLE, Del. (CBS/AP) New Castle County Police have issued an Amber Alert for a 3-year-old boy who was reportedly abducted from his father's Delaware home at gunpoint early Tuesday morning.

Police were called to the Murray Manor Trailer Park on 6th Avenue around 2:20 a.m. after receiving a report that Brian Kenney had been abducted by three unidentified gunmen.

The child's 24-year-old father said that he awoke when he was assaulted with the butt of a handgun, and found three men in his home. He told police that he was knocked unconscious, and when he came to, he realized his son and the child's mother, Ashlie Stumbers, had disappeared.

The victim of the attack told police that he believed 24-year-old Stumbers had full custody of the child and may have played a role in his son's abduction.

The Delaware State Police have issued an Amber Alert for the missing child, Brian Kenney, who is said to be three-feet tall and who weighs 45 pounds. He has blond hair, blue eyes and was last seen possibly wearing Sponge Bob Square Pants or Mario Brothers pajamas.

The suspects remain unknown, but according to the Amber Alert one of the gunmen was white and the other two were black.

Stumbers is said to be 5'4" tall, 135 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes, reports CBS affiliate KYW.

If you have any information please contact the New Castle County Police at 302-573-2800.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20004661-504083.html?tag=latest
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10 Empty Re: Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10

Post by Piper Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 pm

I hope Brian is found safe. For some reason this reminds me of the Aveion Lewis abduction.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10 Empty Re: Brian Kenney -- Found Alive 5/11/10

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 am

Piper, I have reservations too..! Surely, he didnt kill them both ...
I didnt want to jump to conclusions, but it sounded strange that 3 armed men wud break into the home with the motive of taking a child and his mother, yet only hit him with the but of a gun???? Why wudnt they have killed him or taken him too?m Why leave him only hurt? Also, there was no mention that he had to be hospitilized so it doesnt sound like he was very hurt....

I hope they are still alive, and that he had nothing to do with it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 am

I know AJ. When Aveion's abduction was first reported I thought great, at least they have clear descriptions of the 3 guys that took him. Then I started thinking there was too much detail and information, him being knocked out, another child tied to the chair, the mother gone. When all the while they had tortured and killed little Aveion themselves.

I hope this isn't the case with little Brian. Maybe his mother is with him and ran off with one of the men and he's okay. I don't want to make assumptions.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 am

Delaware crime: Abducted toddler reunited with dad
Boy, 3, disappeared after man was beaten

By TERRI SANGINITI • The News Journal • May 12, 2010

Shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday, 3-year-old Brian Kenney walked out of New Castle County Police headquarters and was scooped up by his father, nearly 12 hours after the boy was abducted by three gunmen at their Stanton home.

The smiling blond toddler, dressed in a hooded red, white and navy striped shirt, pointed at the injuries on the face and head of his 24-year-old father and namesake, Brian Kenney, that he suffered when he was beaten by the gunmen.

The boy's grandmother, aunt and an uncle -- who identified himself as a brother of Brian's mother, 24-year-old Ashlie L. Stumbers -- surrounded him.

Stumbers' brother said he was there to "make sure Brian gets back to his father." He declined further comment.

The reunited father and son and their family then dashed off to a white SUV and left without comment.

The boy's mother was released after being questioned by police about any part she may have played in the abduction, police said.

"The investigation is far from over," said county police Senior Cpl. Trinidad Navarro. "We still have a lot of follow-up work to do."

The whereabouts of the three armed men are not known.

At about 11:53 a.m., police tracked Stumbers to a house in the 700 block of E. Fifth St. in Wilmington and recovered the boy unharmed, they said.

More than a dozen FBI agents from Wilmington and Baltimore who specialize in missing-persons cases worked with county officers, Navarro said.

"While following up with leads and checking her known relatives, they were able to make phone contact with Stumbers," Navarro said.

An Amber Alert, issued after the boy was abducted, was lifted at 1:03 p.m., said state police Sgt. Walter Newton.

The incident unfolded about 2:20 a.m. in the Murray Manor Trailer Park, where the assailants beat the boy's father unconscious with the butts of their guns.

When he awoke, he found his son and Stumbers missing, police said.

A next-door neighbor in the 500 block of Sixth Avenue said she and her husband were awakened by a knock on the door, but didn't answer it.

"We both got up, but if it was the police they would have said so," said Marilyn Deprisco. "I heard someone crying outside, waited up for a while and then went back to bed."

She said she did not learn of what had happened until her daughter called her Tuesday morning.

Deprisco said she rarely ever sees the toddler, except when he gets into or out of the car, but said his father seemed nice.

Other neighbors, who did not know the boy's father, said they heard a police helicopter hovering overnight and saw police searching the area.

According to Family Court records, the father and son had taken out a protection-from-abuse order against Stumbler in March. Navarro said those issues have since been resolved.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100512/NEWS01/5120327
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

What a happy ending.. I feel bad for jumping the gun.. With so many cases that we hear about, its hard to not look at the closest person especially when they are crazy stories.. Im glad he is bak with his dad who seems to be doing a good job ...

I wonder if Brian had been found dead, it seems likley the father wud have been blamed especially with how crazy the story was and here he told the truth... Reminds me of many cases where we have next to no info, only rumours and a couple of facts and we convict ppl and may as well stone them to death.. This example tells me I need to be more impartial..

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Wow, I'm really happy to see this. It is definitely not the ending I was expecting either.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 am

I know, what a relief. I'd say his mother and her thug friends are in a bit of trouble.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down