Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

+15
KariBear
TigerMom
JAG
MissMonkey
ou812
khintx
LottieM
Piper
Taxes101
Snaz
FystyAngel
Cali
Julie
sitemama
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Justice4all wrote:

I don't know what to say.....I had the moms reversed! And yes, I did use their body language in part for my speculation that Terri probably did this.....so now I'm really confused! I have to go back to square one! :)

So is it true that Terri plays World of Warcraft online?

If so, I wonder if she's still showing up for raids?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm

I doubt LE can say that this is ISOLATED, with any solid certainty/evidence. I think it is more about controlling the community from panic. They did the same thing in Haleighs case.

When you think of it, how can they say it is isolated. I guess crimes of that nature arer isolated so to speak, and one wud think the perp wudnt take another child from there in the near future...

Also, I cant believe that that anyone who took Kyron wud send his glasses back .. It diesnt make sense that he wud do that... I suspect a local optician made a replica, or better yet, sometimes glasses are 2 for 1 and knowing how kids can break or lose them so easy (especially if his eyes were quite bad) it wudnt have been a bad to have a spare handy... I suspect the pic we saw is a pelica like we saw Caylees identical Tshirt.....as well as his shoes etc....

I am surprised that some blame lifestyles for these type of crimes where kids are taken from such safe places.. beds and schools...

If you look at lifestules of many of the victims they vary to great degrees yet they werent exempt from such heinous crimes..

Look at Eliz Smart, upper mid class, religous
compared to Jessica Lunsford.. Take Haleigh compared to Polly Klass, or Danielle Vandam..... (remember that Brenda Vandam had been out drinking at the local lounge the night it happened ..)

I cant see any kind of lifestyle being the casue of this type of crime..it just doesnt make sense..

Also, Im wondering why blink doesnt think that te glasses are just replicas?? They wud be easy enough to make, and it is important they are put out there especially if the abductor tossed them or they were lost in a struggle... if anyone finds a pair of glasses it is so helpful to have this pic out there..especially kids glasses..

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm interested in knowing why dad and mom had to go to the bus stop to meet Kyron on June 4th. I mean, really....he was going to be in the house in a couple minutes and the other parent could have greeted Kyron then. The dad worked from home that day...big deal....it just seems weird to me, so I wonder if they needed a witness that he didn't get off the bus, not just one person's word for it OR if Terri was really there at all and they just don't want to say she was MIA that afternoon.

I'm just not comfortable with both parents being so 'get Kryon off the bus together' on the very day he was not on it.

Did they take the baby too? Was it a good day for a walk with the baby stroller and they all went to meet Kyron?

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Theory: Why Terri might have killed Kyron

Just a theory, mind you...but since I got the moms straight as to which was which, it seems like Terri may been felt threatened by Desirae's appearance....Terri had been hitting the gym, so obviously she was hoping to get in better shape (from where she may have gained a bunch from sitting online playing WOW). Her husband may have even made a comparison to her saying he should have stayed with the fit one! Women have been known to do horrible things to other women they are jealous of...perhaps Terri wanted to 'get one over on' Desirae by taking her son from her permanently.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Did they both go to the bus stop? Or just mom? I don't remember reading that they both went to meet Kyron.

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:46 pm

It's my understanding Blink blew up the photo of the glasses, so to speak, and they appeared to be worn. My thought was, maybe Kyron had a second pair, a spare. I don't know.

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:05 am

My thoughts, and mine only........

They removed Kyron's glasses in the picture in case the perp was trying to alter Kyron's appearance.

After learning that Kyron was literally blind without them really bothered me when they published the picture of his glasses separately.

There is a reason they did this.........

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:51 am

Piper wrote:It's my understanding Blink blew up the photo of the glasses, so to speak, and they appeared to be worn. My thought was, maybe Kyron had a second pair, a spare. I don't know.

Yep Piper,

this is exaclty what I have said.. 2 for one maybe..little boys and glasses ! He prolly loses or breaks them lots and if his eyes are as bad as I hear, it wud have almost been necessary to have a second pair...

I heard the dad in his presser, refer by saying .when "we" got to the bus top... I never heard LE say it ...

I guess it cud have been a figure of speech (collectivley).. or maybe they both did walk.. it may have been something he did if he was working at home at that day..either way, I dont know why it is weird..

Also, I doubt that Terri wud kill him over jealousy.. especially with the childs bio mom..wudnt that just bring them together even more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:33 am

This case is very puzzling and confusing and I can only hope Kyron will be found..........maybe today is the day.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 am

sitemama wrote:Did they both go to the bus stop? Or just mom? I don't remember reading that they both went to meet Kyron.

The Dad said it in that video above. He said he worked from home that day and he and Terri both went to the bus stop for Kyron that day.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 am

awaiting justice wrote:

Yep Piper,

this is exaclty what I have said.. 2 for one maybe..little boys and glasses ! He prolly loses or breaks them lots and if his eyes are as bad as I hear, it wud have almost been necessary to have a second pair...

I heard the dad in his presser, refer by saying .when "we" got to the bus top... I never heard LE say it ...

I guess it cud have been a figure of speech (collectivley).. or maybe they both did walk.. it may have been something he did if he was working at home at that day..either way, I dont know why it is weird..

Also, I doubt that Terri wud kill him over jealousy.. especially with the childs bio mom..wudnt that just bring them together even more?

This is why two heads are better than one, and why some cases go cold....sometimes people don't think about things like the stepmom being jealous over the real mom in every context of the what people might need to stop being jealous.

I saw the way Terri put her head on Desirae's shoulder and looked up at her to like she was trying to see if Desirae was paying any mind to it. It looked to me like she was role playing the sympathetic consoler to Desirae instead of it being genuine. That's why I am interested in knowing if Terri really did play WOW online. Do you know anything about that role playing game? I do and it can get really sick!

We hear talk about 'a lifestyle' being an element in this case. WOW is a lifestyle! And it's an addiction for many people. The serious players HAVE to show up at certain times to participate in Raids with their Raid Team or else the team can't play...you just can't NOT play when it's time to play. Other times they actually go online at the same time just to socialize 'in character'....which means their character persona is socializing as that persona and not as their real human self. For many people their character - that they develop complete with a family history that is imaginary and usually one the person desires but doesn't have in real life- becomes who they are in real life as well. Many have lost touch with reality, even to the point that their real family is the one they 'live with' online 'in game'. They even marry each other's online characters! And have sex and funerals and kids and pets...SICK! This fake life, that they think is real, includes sharing holidays with their online family ONLINE...giving fake gifts, sitting around a virtual Xmas tree and drinking Wassail...the whole gambit! The actual real family is insignificant!

But for the jealousy thing....Terri and Desirea had been friends long before Kyron was born. Terri moved in with Kryon's dad/Desirea's husband just days after Kyron was born so she could babysit Kyron while Desirea got help with a medical issue that took a while. Then at some point Desirea divorced the dad and Terri married him. Terri then continued to raise Kyron for Desirea. In a way, Terri stayed close to her good friend this way...she had her man and her kid. And it's clear, by that first presser, that Terri is wanting to be close with Desirea....laying her head on her shoulder like a puppy dog and looking up at her with those 'pet me, pet me' eyes. It's possible Terri and Desirea had been drifting apart and Terri needed a way to get back together in some shared moment. If raising her child for her hadn't bonded them as tightly as Terri may have wanted, then perhaps the child was no longer necessary except that he go missing and they can renew their lost bond in grief. Sick, I know! But people who harm children ARE sick!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:02 am

Im not surprised that they both went... They seem like a nice loving family...

It wasnt often, but if my dad was home and able, he wud take advantage and come with my mom to pick us up at school...

It was always a great surprise as we wud see my dads car... and run for it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:15 am

Lottie said..

"This is why two heads are better than one, and why some cases go cold....sometimes people don't think about things like the stepmom being jealous over the real mom in every context of the what people might need to stop being jealous."

-------------------------

Actually, doesnt it seem like the exact opposite is happening???

It seem to me (if you look at many cold cases of child abductions similar to this one)..that LE and the majority of opinion sharers, are all suspecting the parent/guardians for unbelievable reason (like jealousy between step mom and boy/or his biomom....then the case goes cold. We end up having several victims as justice doesnt get served for the abductee, the parents life is double ruined.. (by losing a child, and having unfounded suspicion cast, then the society (and our children) are failed as we have likley enabled the perp to continue with these type of abductions where their guilt, goes unsuspected ..only to continue as well as teach new and old perps how to successful steal our children without getting caught.....

As long as these sad cases/investigations are treated in the same manner, where the immediate suspicion falls on an unlikely family member, and as a result, no amber alert is issued and these cases dont get investigated on a criminal level immediately... I dont see any changes happening for stopping these types of crimes.. I only see it getting worse...

We as a the ppl, can change this. We need to demand more. We need to stop reading into things like how ppls hold their mouth, when they pronounce a word, and whether or not they are hugging ppl properly, or not saying, or saying too much...

We need to spend more time, collectively asking and demanding answers to questions like WHY HASNT THE LANDFILL BEEN CHECKED... ???

We need to stop guessing who did this, and offering suggestions of how to find the perp whether it was a famili member or a pig....... if they start investigating and doing proper searching, it will likley turn up the victim hopefully alive, where the perp CAN be caught..

If we all comew together and ask LE these hard questions in the pressers, we may get the message across, that as long as they are content in suspecting an umlikley person, they are prolly wasting time, and losing good evidence...

The bottom line is that if they change their narrow mindedness at the start, it should allow them to let evidence lead them to the perp, regardless of who it is..instead of putting all their eggs in one basket waiting for someone to talk, where in the meantime, surveillance tapes are taped over, crime scenes are contaminated, and landfills become more buried with a slimmer chance of finding the (already) needle in a haystack....

Where is the justice? We are failing our chilren and society... Many of us perpetuate this type of so called investigation or lack thereof...We can change this! LE and the media and the ppl, need to be more accountable and strive for different goals.. instead of guessing who donit!

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:00 pm

You know what, aj....we, as a society, can't stop speculating what if's when there are no obvious answers!

All things have to be considered possible until the truth is found out.

LE has a hard job! Don't think they don't! When they first start an investigation they are blind! And they'd be remiss if they didn't look for clues that have been carefully hidden...because clearly perps do try to hide their tracks. But I hardly think they - or I- should be accused of not keeping an open mind while they check out the family! I'm very sure LE is multi-tasking.....

As for the landfills....it would be awesome if they could all be checked every time a person went missing..but that's really not feasible! I am very sure LE would need 'good cause' to go into a private company's site and put the company's daily routine on hold and start digging around.... every single time a person went missing? I would think LE would need to show probably cause that a body was likely in their dump before they could legally be allowed in there to check it out. We do not live in a police state!

And really...sorry, but body language is a very telling thing. Is it a science? Not that I am aware of, but it's been tested and has become a reliable tool for investigators to use in their attempts to find the truth. Don't get me wrong....the body language itself is not a sign of guilt....it's just a clue that perhaps things need to be checked out more with people who don't appear to be behaving like the norm.

Something else....in all mysteries, LE has to start somewhere! If 'what did happen' doesn't lead them anywhere, they have to start asking 'what should have happened and didn't' and 'what did happen that shouldn't have'. Without a direct suspect other than the family, the family will always be scrutinized with magnifying glass...and I'm all for it! No one, absolutely NO ONE should be given a break when a child is missing! Any family who doesn't like it, can cram it....like George and Cindy Anthony can cram it. :) This is always about the victim! And no stone should be left unturned in trying to find the right path to the missing person. IF Terri and/or the family is being looked at still...then I'm very sure LE has a good reason for it.

You ask, Where is the Justice? Justice is in educated guessing of whodonit until they find out who did!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Lottie said...

"You ask, Where is the Justice? Justice is in educated guessing of whodonit until they find out who did!"

Lottie,

Your statement is the exact opposite of what should happen.... Evidence should lead.. not suspicion...

In order to find evidence ... LE need to do criminal investigating and not 15 days later...

The investigating, if done properly is the key in providing evidence...

As far as checking the landfills... I dont suggest that in every missing person case .. I am talking about missing children...

Im glad LE and the Landfill in Georgia did not have that mindset, or Somer wud have never been found and the perp wud have clearly reoffended while he was walking the streets....

I wud find it sad to hear that the county wudnt want to spend money to look for a child (when it be at its cheapest prior to days, weeks and months of dumping..) and that the landfill wud be upset that ppl wud be inconvieneced or that bnusiness wud be upset that they wud have to stop any profits for a day while we search for a little one which wud be helping in pointing us to a perp...instead of all guessing hmmmm whodunnit!

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:47 pm

aj, I think we're talking about the same thing, just using different words....you said The investigating, if done properly is the key in providing evidence......that's the same thing I was saying. I'll try to explain....

Investigating means you have to look around for who left the trail....you don't always know or even have a clue who left it....but you have to find a clue....in that, you have to speculate about the possibilities sometimes. The only time this would be different is if there was an eyewitness. But even then, LE has to find evidence to corroborate the witness's statement.

Fact is, evidence is needed. And as many avenues as LE can think of to go down in search of evidence is fine with me. They might reach a dead-end on some paths, but how would they know it was going to be a dead-end if they didn't check it out? They're not psychic...:)....and I don't think LE is any too happy about having to question family members when a child goes missing. If the family is acting weird...they draw suspicion. That's just how it is and how it should be.

I saw Terri on camera again laying all over Desirae like she/Terri was the one who needed sympathy. Desirae didn't even touch her or acknowledge her. Something ain't right!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Hello Everybody!

Question....does anybody here think it may have been Kyron's cellphone pings LE was following and not Terri's?

I have NOT read where Kyron had a cell phone, but many, many kids in that age group in our dinky little town have them now. He may have been given his own phone so he could call his mom whenever he wanted, a little independence.

Just a thought.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:50 pm

I saw Terri on camera again laying all over Desirae like she/Terri was the one who needed sympathy. Desirae didn't even touch her or acknowledge her. Something ain't right!

Lottie, Terri has raised Kyron his entire life, and she probably feels more like his mom than the bio mom does.

I raised 2 of my own grandchildren since they were 2-1/2 y/o and 13 months old, and I feel more like they are my own children than grandchildren.

I'm sure if I had been with that little boy his entire life, I, also, would need comforting, especially with all the horrible things that have been uttered about her.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Jag, you could be right about the cell phone pings belonging to Kyron's, and LE would not tell us.

But I'm sure LE knows if he had his own cell phone and if he did, that may explain why they were in that area doing their investigation.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:40 pm

sitemama wrote:

Lottie, Terri has raised Kyron his entire life, and she probably feels more like his mom than the bio mom does.

I raised 2 of my own grandchildren since they were 2-1/2 y/o and 13 months old, and I feel more like they are my own children than grandchildren.

I'm sure if I had been with that little boy his entire life, I, also, would need comforting, especially with all the horrible things that have been uttered about her.

Well, Desirea sure didn't bother comforting Terri. Not in that presser anyhow.

I get that if you raise a kid it could feel like your own. Sometimes that connection doesn't happen though. We're not all the same about that. You're a wonderful loving person, sitemama, no doubt! :) But that doesn't mean Terri is/was.

And I still say if she was playing WOW, it could be a problem! I haven't found out yet if it's true.

Has anyone heard of Kryon having Asperger's syndrome? I heard that once on TV, but not since then.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:50 pm

O.K. Lottie, I have no idea what WOW is, except that it is a computer game. And I don't know what Asperger's syndrome is either. Please explain to me. As most everyone else knows, you can just send me a pm if you want. TIA
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Apparently Terri does play WOW....that's not good...

also, she drunk drove with her own bio kid in the car....

She also loves playing video games such as "World of Warcraft" and is an exercise buff, regularly going to the gym. In 2005 she placed fourth in the over-35 category for women in the Emerald Cup of bodybuilding.

That same year, she was snagged on Interstate 5 in Marion County for drunken driving. James, who was 11, was in the car. With a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, she was charged with DUII and reckless child endangerment. Terri pleaded guilty and took a diversion course.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Lottie said..

"aj, I think we're talking about the same thing, just using different words....you said The investigating, if done properly is the key in providing evidence......that's the same thing I was saying.

Investigating means you have to look around for who left the trail....you don't always know or even have a clue who left it....but you have to find a clue....in that, you have to speculate about the possibilities sometimes. The only time this would be different is if there was an eyewitness. But even then, LE has to find evidence to corroborate the witness's statement."

---------------------------------

Actually Lottie,

We arent saying the same thing at all....

My expectation of a "proper investigation" ..is where the evidence leads to the person.... Not the person leading to the evidence....

Your idea, is exactly what seems to be taking place in too mnay investigations where we see they were botched from the start where evidence is lost/contaminated..all because LE did what you suggest is the way.... Suspecting who did it, then looking only down that avenue....

A good investigation in a case like this, shud have started with an amber alert first and foremost..

then the landfills shud have been checked. At least the 3 that were in such close proximity..simultaneously while requests were made for any footage, from surveillance cameras in the area...

Of course as these 2 huge steps are being processed, the questioning wud be continuous throughout, aloong with investigating and following up and getting corroboration on statements made by the individuals closely related to the victim and his last knwon whereabouts..starting at Terri, and a close second wud be Ms. Porter (who has admitted she saw him along with the sub/chaperone and anyone else who saw Kyron that day..

The problem is that we seem to be accepting that these huge first steps are being overlooked and we are going right into the step of suspecting who may have done this and leaving it at that...

The fact of the matter is that Terri is not the last knowon person to have been seen with Kyron.... the teachers are and LE has already confirmed that in their (loose)timeline..

By them skipping the huge investigation (alerts and landfill searches ) is suggestive too mnay that LE must knnow for some reason that Terri was involved...

Then the public jumps on that and seems to trust their judgement.. In the meantime valuable time and leads are wasted by not investigating, and the case goes cold where the mark of guilt is left on the guardians (like in Haleigh's case) ...

We need to recvognize this and ask for more.. I will never be comfortable in knowing an investigation is/was being conducting via suspicion ... I hope no one else is either...

Dont get me wrong.. I am not suggesting that where decomp etc is found in the persons car, and all their alibi's dont pan out, that it shud be overlooked.. There are cases where the evidence speaks loud and clear..eg. not repoting a missing child, decomp in their vehicle... and the list goes on.. or bloody clothes found in your bag....

I am talking about cases where there is no evidence suggesting what the guardians have said is wrong...

The fact is that these types of abductions seem to be hpening more frequesntly and we have to ask ourselves if it has something to do with the investigation style..

We have seen too mnay cases where the guardians were convicted/pointed too when there was no evidence ..

Do we think cases like Smart, Lunsford, Klaas, Runion, Fox, Vandam are the only time that a ped has snatched a child (where the families were blamed with little or no evidence?) ...

I wud refer to them as isolated via a type of abduction all on their own... They shud not be classed with custodial abductions.. They shud not be classed with estranged parental abduction where the child is still ilegally with the estranged parent....

As long as we dont want to acknowledge that these crimes do happen and seem to have many similarities, of in a safe place, and last cared for by the guardian, we may be enabling perps to keep committing these types of crimes and more frequently...

Now we are doing the same thing where we look hard for something not very parent like (Mistys binge and now Terri's DUI) and decide that must mean they did it...

Unfortunately too mnay ppl drink and drive, cheat on their spouses, take drugs and even cheat on their taxes.... This doesnt mean that they shud be put in a class where premeditating a childs murder wud come easy to them...

Do I condone this parental behavior?? Of course not, but i can easily separate someone who wudnt report their child missing, from someone who was so stupid and iresponsible to have gotten behind the wheel....

Have we lost sight that it is typical/normal for human beings/parents to make mistakes and display poor judgement where their actions cud be very dangerous (even fatal) to another person and even their own children.... We have seen awful cases where drunk driving killed their own child or someone elses... How many parents with youngsters spend FAR too much time on their computer.. whether it is playing WOW, POW, COW or even blogging?? Does this mean they are more likley to commit/plan a murder???

I hope you dont think that a person who is iresponsible and even to that degree, shud be labelled as one who wud consciously make a decision to take ones life.... Where do we draw the line? When do we ask for more from LE...

You see, if LE were taken these listed investigative steps, the chances of a recovery of the child or remains wud be so much greater and them who donit wud be easy as the evidence wud speak as to who committed the crime.. this is what is being missed... The perps are likely laughing ..that thought really makes me sick......

Why wait 15 days for deciding to now be criminal? Wud it have not been more productive/cost effective to have done these things checked/completed in the first and second day? Is there any footage left? How many more tonnes of garbage are at each site? Are the possibilities of finding a child in a dump now decreased ? Why wait?
Arent our children more valuable to society, than what these steps entail?

It is scary that many seem to condone LE trying to crack cases bases on one's dysfunction.... many good ppl who are good parents/ppl have things in their past that they may not want the world to know.. financial, bad relationship, a struggle with something..prolly more than not...I bet many ppl wud fall into that category, and god forbid, if something horrific happened to them... these things ddont equal evil/murderers

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:11 am

aj said...The fact is that these types of abductions seem to be hpening more frequesntly and we have to ask ourselves if it has something to do with the investigation style..
I do think cops need to adjust their thinking from the onset of a missing person. For example, the young girls who go missing from the last place there were seen being bars...the first thing the cops want to say is 'she's doing her thing, and she doesn't have to come home if she doesn't want to, probably just sleeping it off somewhere, or she met someone is having a great time'...stuff like that, always assuming the girl is a brainless flighty loose morals etc....even when the family tells them she's not like that! I watched a true show on TV just a few minutes ago where this happened..the cops didn't take it seriously....then after 3 or 4 days when they found her car abandoned the cops started complaining that they'd lost the first 24 hours...but they didn't even try in the first 24 hours because she was a young girl out partying!

aj said....My expectation of a "proper investigation" ..is where the evidence leads to the person.... Not the person leading to the evidence....

But aj, there's no evidence in this case. None! so all they have left is to look at certain persons who, if they track their movements that day, they might actually find some real evidence that leads to Kryon. Still...I'm sure they are looking at lots of people. We haven't heard much yet...they're playing it close to the vest!

I don't know how I feel about this one.....the family didn't search the grounds for Kryon at all. They said they weren't trained and might mess up some crime scene or something. I think they said LE told them not to help search...but I'd think it wasn't so much a crime scene LE was afraid they'd mess up, but that it might be too traumatizing if they were the ones to run across Kyron in bad shape. I don't know....no one would keep me from searching no matter what!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am

Lottie said,

" But aj, there's no evidence in this case. None! so all they have left is to look at certain persons who, if they track their movements that day, they might actually find some real evidence that leads to Kryon. Still...I'm sure they are looking at lots of people. We haven't heard much yet...they're playing it close to the vest!"

Yes Lottie... This is my whole entire point... There was no evidence in Jessica Lunsford's Elizabth Smart's Somer Thompson's Danielle Vandam's Haleigh Cummings...

And the difference in these cases is that it is imperative to look for the evidence..How do you find evidence? By looking for evidence via so many available means.. For eg. surveillance, landfills, door to door, RSO registries, looking via ppl in the community for any strange ppl, events, traffic violations in the past days, hotel guests, the list goes on and on...

Im not saying they havent done some of this, but clearly they are only looking in one area which is family.

We know for a fact that they didnt do many of these things and they let 2 weeks go by before even asking for business surveilance videos.. What does that say? What does it say that they never did an amber alert?

What does it say, that they have not even been asked about RSO's.. The message they are sending is go with gut instinct first, of who they suspect in the very first 60 minutes of the case... This is wrong ... This is not what investigators/LE say is proper investigation... They all say evidence leads you to the perp ... not the other way around. Obviouslyin cases where the evidence was easily found (Caylee's decomposition in the trunk/31 days.. well of course the evidence led them to KC... and clealry they just kept finding more and more againt KC... but cases like this where there is no evidence is really more indicative to be a perp and where the ppl are telling the truth.. PPl who dont habitually kill, like KC wud have many mistakes and leave evidence all over the place... when there is no evidence this is evidence in itself that it prolly is a perp...Why arent we seeing this.. if we go bak in mnay cases we will see this as consistent.. How many have gone cold becasue of narrowmindedness.. We need to stop missing evidence by waiting around..

There was excellent investigative work in the case of Polly Klaas, yet they were always one step behind that shud not have happened.. SHe wud be alive today. Thankfully LE did look outside of the family first, then simultaneously looked at the family.. It was quick where they ended up with a description of a person and then a name ...when they found him it was toolate..Polly was already gone.

Danielles was the same.. LE stumbled upon the neighbor and by doing so, and found reason to look at his RV and FOUND EVIDENCE... that in essence led them to the perp...

Today when these cases happen, they just wait for the person they are suspicious of to slip up/crack and resolve the case for them. They are narrow minded and dont look at the possibility of similar cases to the ones I named above.. They wait for it to fall in their laps..

Look at RIley Fox's case where they wud not look anywhere else but the dad.. they even had dna evidence but were too blinded by their own suspicions that they missed that evideence that wud have led thewm to the perp right away..Instead they planted evidence against the dad, and charged him and convicted and sentenced him, becasue LE/media and the ppl were so hellbent on his guilt.

This seems to be how these less frequent type crimes where children are snatched are being handled.. It wont stop till the ppl expect more.

We need to write about what LE has done and what hasnt been done.. Our questions will be posed to LE thru the media...Look at the questions the reporters are asking..it is all about Terri... None has asked about landfills, none asked about surveillance prior to LE advising that they requested it... None have asked about anything that is investigative in terms of physical work..It is all about the psycology of his step mother.... We are the ones that are seeming tooo interested in that aveneue.. If they get out and do what they need to at the start..it will endure the best possible way to find the perp, and including if it was family who was involved...

They wont find anything by waiting and that os all that has happened and thery prolly missed the boat on evidence that wud have led them had they not been so narrow minded..

In different type crimes where we talk about yound adiults who may have run ff etc.. mnay of them are clouded as well.. it isnt the same thing though although I agree it is a prob../ I can think of a few right nowe that shud have immediatley been seriously looked at immediately and now too little too late.. It is a shame...

Ther biggest concern I have for now is for our babies who need to be protected and looked for immediatley. We cant affords to let them wait and waste/miss and ruin and contaminate evidence... Unfortunaltely, I believe the cjhild is likley in a better place, and thei remains are where the answers will lie.. They need to look harder...

And about suspicions becasue the family isnt looking.. LE made it clear that they were told NOT TO HELP..end of story with no uncertainty..

I think it is easy for us to say what we do but the reality is that we dont know... we are lucky to not know.. Ron and Misty were also not allowed look..they showed us thru the media how hard it was fo rhtem to sit and wait.. This fmaily had likely learned from Haleighs case, that not talking is in their best interest and will try and prevent a circus happening..

What I cant imagine ishow I wud feel if I was in their shoes grieving for my loved one being out of my mind with worry and being accused of guilt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:05 am

As a parent of a child that was taken from me, I understand completely the anguish. To all of you hurting parent's my prayers sent out for you. God bless.

Jojo

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:49 am

jojo, welcome to RC, and I am so sorry you have lived through this horror. Can you go to another thread, or start one of your own, and tell us your story? I would like to know more, and how you coped with it.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:41 am

The search for Kyron: Terri Horman's father talks to 'People'

Story Published: Jun 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 27, 2010 at 6:06 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. – Three weeks after second-grader Kyron Horman disappears, the national media focuses on his stepmother.

Kyron is on the cover of "People" magazine for the second week in a row. This time, however, the story centers on Kyron's stepmom, Terri Horman. Her father, Larry Moulton, spoke to "People" about the investigation. In this issue, he says investigators are taking a closer look at Terri and answers whether he thinks she'll be arrested.

Under a portrait of the family is a quote from Terri Horman's father: "She's trying to be as cooperative as she can ... I guess they think she's going to break."

The stepmother's dad, Larry Moulton, goes on to say investigators have questioned her six hours at a time, several times; have given her two polygraphs; and have taken her truck away twice.

Investigators had said the truck was removed from her home for repairs.

When Kyron's biological mother and father were asked about Terri Horman in a public statement Friday, they would only say Terri is working with investigators.

"We've been participating heavily with investigators, with leads, tips, questions," said his father, Kaine Horman.

"We cannot come up with anything," said his mother, Desiree Young. "...It's as if a portal opened up in the school and Kyron vanished into it."

Since Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary School on June 4, investigators have sent a questionnaire to neighbors and parents – singling out Terri Horman –asking if they had seen her or her truck.

Close friends have spoken out to defend her.

"Terri was the last one to see Kyron, so it is only reasonable to assume that people would speculate and become suspicious of Terri," said friend Michael Cook. "But it doesn't mean she had anything to do with it."

Terri Horman's father said "the finger points back at stepmoms. She's trying to be cooperative." And he describes his daughter – a former teacher – as being "really good with kids."

But when People's interviewer asked if Moulton thinks his daughter will be arrested, the article quotes him with this response: "I think it's 50-50."

Kyron's biological father has said he believes Terri, like the rest of the family, is committed to finding Kyron.

Investigators refuse to comment about any possible suspects or persons of interest. They have, however, said they believe the disappearance of this 7-year-old boy from rural Northwest Portland is an "isolated incident."

http://www.katu.com/news/97276254.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 am

LE originally said the family had the truck towed for a starter repair. This article states LE has taken her truck away twice. If they felt it was needed as evidence, wouldn't they have taken it immediately and kept the truck? Why would LE release it back to the family? Where is the truck now?

Are they not believing Tanner's account of being the last person to see Kyron? Her dad's 50/50 comment is odd then he states they think she'll break. Does her father feel Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance? I am even more confused...

I still think LE lost precious time from the beginning. Has the school been searched with cadaver dogs? I wish LE would release some information, it appears they are only focusing on Terri.

Where is Kyron?

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 am

Are there any searches going on for Kyron currently?

I don't understand this whole thing about the truck. Can LE just take the truck without a warrant? And if they got a warrant, what was the reasonable cause?

Also, if LE believed Kryon was fine the last time he was in the truck on the way to school, then what are they hoping to find with the truck concerning Kyron's disappearance?

I wonder if LE has checked Terri's timeline from after she helped Kyron set his display up on June 3rd? Playing the angle that LE might not be convinced anyone actually saw Kryon on June 4th, they might should go back to June 3.

Is LE completely baffled?

I still am confused as to why the FBI felt it necessary to photoshop Kyron's glasses off him. I don't buy that LE wanted people to see what he looked like without them because if he can't see without them it's not likely anyone is going to see him without them. Is it possible Kryon's glasses have been found somewhere?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 am

Lottie, I think I agree that LE is completely baffled...none of it makes any sense. I haven't heard of any searches, unless FBI is doing them covertly.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am

Anyone know anything about Terri calling the school during the day on June 4 (before school was out) and asking when Kryon's exhibit needed to be picked up?

I read that she did, but it didn't say who she spoke with or what she was told. But obviously she wasn't told it had to be picked up on June 4 or else Kyron wouldn't have been expected to have taken the bus home.

I recall from experience with these science fairs with my kids that we knew in advance when the projects needed to be out of the school...and they gave the parents several days because of work schedules etc. And some projects sat(disassembled) in the back of the classrooms for weeks...so it wasn't a big deal about getting them straight out of there. Kryon's project would have taken up very little space....so I can't help but wonder why it was such a big deal to Terri.

Could she have wanted a good reason to call the school just to see if anyone would say anything about Kryon? Was she getting nervous?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 am

Piper wrote:Lottie, I think I agree that LE is completely baffled...none of it makes any sense. I haven't heard of any searches, unless FBI is doing them covertly.

This is one of the oddest cases I've tried to follow. I try to think why LE or FBI wouldn't release any info on any leads at all! Have all the leads been deemed irrelevant? If they're focusing strictly on Terri, then what do they really have on her that makes focus so worth it that other avenues aren't explored?

It seems like they're just shaking the bushes hoping something will fall out.

If they had their eye on someone other than Terri as a possible POI, why not say they are looking at other people? Are they afraid this 'other person' will harm Kyron? Would this person be the type that would keep the child alive?

I am also confused that the family has not pleaded for whoever took Kyron to please return him! At least I haven't heard that said. They just call out to Kryon to come home and say how much the love him and want to do all this fun stuff when he comes home. And they are extremely comfortable with the lack of progress LE has made! Weird!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 am

Yes, Lottie it's my understanding that she did call to see when it needed to be picked up. I wondered if she thought she should pick up him from school, knowing he would not be able to carry that on the bus.

If, a big If, Terri were involved in Kyron missing, I would say yes she would have probably been very nervous by then. Thinking the school would have notified them hours earlier that Kyron was not at school.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am

Because they keep saying "isolated incident", I don't think they are looking at anyone else. Maybe LE has something on Terri that is just not right and they can't prove it. Maybe what they have isn't evidence at all that she had anything to do with it so they are at a standstill.
I wish they would release something. What they have released just leads to so much speculation.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 pm

I always wonder when some people speculate pretty "far out there" scenarios just because there are not a lot of released facts to go on, how that person doing the speculating would feel if it were their child missing and THEY were the ones being trashed thru PURE speculation.....

My guess is LE knows a lot they haven't released. Doesn't mean there aren't any facts in the case.

As always, JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks Snaz, that is my opinion also. Some of us read other blogs, pick up info that another blogger states as facts and accepts it as truth.

I just can't crucify Terri from the facts everyone is writing on blogs. If LE has any evidence against her, I'm sure they will charge her and we must wait for LE to make a statement.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 pm

I thought she emailed the teacher to ask about picking up the science project?

*IF* its true about the truck, my best guess would be the first trip was to look for physical evidence and the second maybe the brought cadaver dogs in to see if they got a hit? They may have found something the first trip that they didn't realize they had until it was processed.

Purely a guess on my part....

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 pm

From The Hinky Meter:

Kyron Horman: Kaine and Kiara reported to have moved outPosted on June 28th, 2010 by Valhall

FOX12 is reporting that friends of the Horman family have informed them that at the recommendation of law enforcement Kaine Horman and his 18-month old daughter, Kiara, have moved out of their home and are living elsewhere. According to FOX12 Terri Horman’s father, Larry Moulton, is currently staying at the Horman residence with her to lend support.

The article states that when they reached Kaine Horman for a comment on the report he stated he was “spending the day with investigators”.

Valhall.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24074276/detail.html

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/28/kyron-horman-kaine-and-kiara-reported-to-be-have-moved-out/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Terri is now claiming the news report is false:

Kyron Horman's stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, says rumor that Kaine Horman moved out is false

Published: Monday, June 28, 2010, 5:12 PM
Updated: Monday, June 28, 2010, 6:09 PM

A report on Fox TV today saying that the stepmom and dad of Kyron Horman had separated is not true, according to the stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman.

Approached at her home in Northwest Portland, Horman said her husband Kaine Horman and 18-month-old daughter Kiara have not moved out as Fox reported.

"Everything's good," she said. "We heard that rumor. It's just a rumor that needs to be squelched. Everything's fine."

She said the only change in their household is the arrival of her dad, Larry Moulton, who came up from Roseburg to support her. Her mom, Carol, has been with the family soon after Kyron’s disappearance to help out.

About an hour after her denial, Kaine released a statement with his ex-wife and Kyron's mom, Desiree Young, and Young's husband and Kyron's stepdad, Tony Young, saying they are being "fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation."

The statement said the trio is limiting statements to the media "to keep the integrity of the investigation intact. Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and Kiara and comply with the law."

It's not clear why Terri was not included in the statement.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office has not commented on repeated rumors that Terri is a suspect. Authorities have simply said they would not say whether they have any suspects in the case that's riveted the nation.

Terri’s dad told People magazine that she’s been subjected to repeated interviews up to six hours each and that the truck she was driving the day Kyron disappeared has been inspected twice by police.

When People asked him whether he thought his daughter would be arrested, he replied with tears in his eyes: “It’s 50-50.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_terri_mo.html

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Wouldn't this be the first statement Terri has made publicly?

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm thinking it is true that he has moved out with the baby, here's a press release made by the family just now:

Press Release from Multnomah County Sheriff Office via FlashAlert.netShare.

Today at 8:20pm

"We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation. We are in complete support of that investigation. We have asked the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office to facilitate releasing this statement for us due to their access to the media/flash news. We understand that we have free access to the media but are limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact. Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and Kiara and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter.
Desiree, Tony and Kaine"

Notice that Terri's name is NOT included with the family right now... something is going on, and articles are coming out fast and furious tonight. It seems like there are issues within the family - they are imploding IMO. I'm sure someone will start talking and soon...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Still thinking about the release from the family - that was most definitely intentional, and probably led by Kaine. Is he doubting her, I think that's obvious now, and why? I just think this case is really going to start coming to a head... I just pray little Kyron is found safe and sound, but it's difficult to have hope...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm trying to have hope for Kyron being found safe, but it is very difficult Tish. It will be interesting to find out why Terri was left off the press release, and if Kaine now doubts her, why?

This has got to be a total nightmare for Kyron's family, including Terri if she is innocent. I hope the family starts getting the answers they deserve soon.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 pm

"Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and Kiara and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter.
Desiree, Tony and Kaine"

hmmm..........

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 pm

The statement and actions can be interpreted in many different ways.

Any actions comply with the law...

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I agree with Tish, something is about to bust wide open. I still hope Kyron will be brought home, alive and well.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Unbelievable if this turns out to be true. The news really is flying fast and furious tonight.

Kyron Horman's father files for divorce and restraining order

by KGW.com Staff
Updated today at 7:07 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman has filed for divorce and taken out a restraining order against his wife, a source told KGW Monday night.

A source close to the investigation told KGW Monday night that Kaine Horman had moved out of the home with his 18-month-old child.

Family members released a statement Monday saying they were in support of the investigation. The statement was signed by Kyron's father, stepfather and mother, but not Terri Moulton-Horman.

Read the statement

Read more: http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next