Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

+15
KariBear
TigerMom
JAG
MissMonkey
ou812
khintx
LottieM
Piper
Taxes101
Snaz
FystyAngel
Cali
Julie
sitemama
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

The problem with sex offenders is the majority of Sheriff Depts. do not have the resources to keep their offender lists current.
Also, I don't know the stats, but there are plenty who haven't been caught and aren't in the system.
There's also the problem with transients.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:44 pm

The school requires backround checks and fingerprints for the staff- usually. However, what about kitchen staff, maintenance, landscapers/groundskeepers?

Why go through all this stuff, if you are going to allow members of the community come into the building during school hours when the students are present, without having any measures in place to protect the students- such as cameras, sign in, sign out, staff at doors- this whole thing to me from day one was the school trying to cover their butt.

This was an "isolated incident" not to evoke panic and putting the school staff and students under the gag order to shut them up. WHY?

Tanner Pumala's testimony still goes against everything LE and the family has attempted to proclaim in the media. Tanner's statement of Kyron going to see that "cool electric exhibit" is reticent of JonBenet Ramsey getting that "special visit from Santa".

The truth is, the perp iin this particular case, has a 6 week headstart on LE because they chose to settle on ONE person.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 pm

The sex offender list is a place to start in cases like this, but it definitely isn't going to cover every perv who could have taken Kyron. Most offenders offend many times before being caught.

I don't get the lack of security in the school. There should have been staff at the doors with an event like the science fair, and it's not very expensive to install a camera system.

I don't understand the purpose of the gag order and I don't understand why Tanner's account of events has been totally discounted.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:13 pm

J4a....perhaps Tanner's account was discounted by LE because he said he saw Terri leave the school without Kyron....didn't fit the agenda of blaming Terri?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Calypso, you mentioned landscaper/groundskeepers for the school and it gave me a thought....I wonder if the landscaper Terri allegedly hired to do her yardwork (and bump off Kaine) may have ever worked for the schools in that area?

Has there been any documented evidence Terri ever hired this man to work her yard? I know there isn't any that she tried to hire him to off Kaine, just his word for it...but what about the yard work? And did he ever do any? Kaine said recently he didn't know Terri had a landscaper so it would seem they yard hadn't been taken care of by anyone but (assuming) Kaine.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:41 pm

The Rumor on that one was he did work at the school and that is where Terri met him.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:43 pm

I don't know if there was any proof of the LS doing any work. There were pictures I saw after Terri's FB page was taken down of shots of the yard and her saying this area was pushed back and it showed like 3 bushes. It said you couldnt see them before. If I can, I'll try and locate some stuff and post it.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

That would be great, Calypso!

Nap time! See you all tomorrow! :)
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:01 am

Have a great night!! Ciao!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 am

Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search

Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 10:00 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:20 PM
BY NOELLE CROMBIE, KIMBERLY A.C. WILSON and STUART TOMLINSON

The investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman, the bespectacled 7-year-old last seen inside Skyline School on Friday morning, stretches into a fourth day today with the boy's whereabouts still a mystery.

Sunday, as Kyron's family ordered fliers carrying the boy's description and smiling face, authorities continued investigating his disappearance, calling in more than 65 detectives from various police agencies and nearly 60 trained searchers.

"Our basic mission is to bring Kyron home," said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Late Sunday, Multnomah County Sheriff Daniel Staton issued a status report and raised the case level to increase public interest and focus. He said additional searches and interviews are planned, but he declined to discuss strategy or specifics of the investigation.

“Given the passage of time and the weather, we are characterizing this case as a missing endangered child,” he said.

Hundreds of Skyline students and their parents streamed into the school throughout the day for interviews with investigators, who wanted to know whether students spotted anything unusual at school Friday.

Police remain stymied as to what happened to the second-grader, described by his grandmother as dreamy, sweet and a bit timid. His stepmother said she last saw him at 8:45 a.m. Friday. She watched him walk toward his classroom after the pair toured the school's science fair.

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

At some point that morning, Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked the boy as absent. But it wasn't until 3:30 p.m. -- when his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, met the school bus -- that she discovered Kyron had been absent from school.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

ttp://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

*snipped from article...

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

Last edited by Calypso on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 am

Kyron's parents voice fading hope

Story Published: Jun 25, 2010 at 8:02 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The parents of a 7-year-old Portland boy who disappeared from his school three weeks ago voiced what sounded like fading hope Friday that one of the most intense investigations in Oregon history will find him alive.

Kaine Horman and his former wife, Desiree Young, were interviewed by national TV morning shows and by local affiliates. It was the first interviews the birth parents of Kyron Horman have granted.

"Honestly, I'm a little scared at this point," Young said. "Three weeks is a long time. We need to bring him home."

The TV stations also showed video of Kyron provided by his family that included footage of him at school reading a report on bridges and singing with classmates.

"It's important to keep Kyron's face out there, so that everybody sees him," Young said, expressing hope for a tip that brings him home.

The TV appearances didn't yield any information about whether police are making any progress in the case - the couple said they had been told not to discuss details of the investigation.

During the early days of the search, police called Kyron a "missing endangered child." After failing to find the boy during intense searches in woods and fields around the school, the search was reclassified as a criminal investigation.

Young, at times tearful, described Kyron as a timid boy who doesn't like going without his glasses because he doesn't see well.

"He always stays very close to his house in the front because he's afraid of not being able to find his house," she said.

Last week, police distributed fliers showing photos of the boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, and asking the public for any information about her movements on the day the boy disappeared. A friend of Terri Horman has said the stepmother has taken a polygraph test twice.

She and Kaine Horman live in a house about two miles from Kyron's school, located in the hilly countryside west of downtown Portland. Desiree Young lives in Medford, about six hours from Portland.

Police say Terri Horman was the last person known to have seen Kyron. She told police she took him to school on the morning of June 4. The school was having a science fair before classes began. She took a photo of Kyron at the school with his own project.

During the Friday interviews, Kaine Horman said he and Terri Horman had gone to the school bus stop together to pick up Kyron on the afternoon of June 4. When the bus driver told them Kyron wasn't on the bus, he thought the boy may have stayed at the school and expected them to pick him up there. Police were alerted after the discovery that Kyron had been absent from class.

Police are not calling Terri Horman a suspect. They have said they distributed the fliers bearing her photo in the hopes of "jogging" people's memories.

Kaine Horman and Young wouldn't discuss law officials' interest in the stepmother. Kaine Horman said his wife is "as committed as the rest of the family to finding Kyron" and she is cooperating with investigators.

Kaine Horman said the last time he saw his son was before his wife took Kyron to school that morning. The boy was in the yard feeding the cat.

Harmon said he gave the boy a hug and told him to "have a great day with his science project," on the red-eyed tree frog, and that "I was proud of him for all the effort" he put into it.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97152014.html

*culled from article

Police say Terri Horman was the last person known to have seen Kyron . She told police she took him to school on the morning of June 4. The school was having a science fair before classes began. She took a photo of Kyron at the school with his own project.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 am

Apparently, these folks are from the Portland community.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
(Except sex offenders who fail to register)

Anyone of these individuals, OR ALL, could have attended Skyline Elem's science fair as this was OPEN TO THE PUBLIC without ANY SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACE . affraid

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/BookingDetai...ywPloFPQHnkw==

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/BookingDetai...MotLkeb6kLVA==

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/BookingDetai.../lndcFK2GjAw==

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/BookingDetai...r1xpvM5s0N/g==

These are just a few individuals who have been in custody at the MCJ, according to Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Public Access to Inmate Data, AFTER June 4th, 2010.

(I searched their website by putting in a, then b, then c in the last name window.)
http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Default.aspx

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 am

With help from Portland Eco-School Network, parents make kids' schools a little greener

Amy Wang, The Oregonian
Published: Friday, January 15, 2010, 12:17 AM
Updated: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 12:44 PM

**snipped from article...

Skyline Elementary, Northwest Portland: Under Jill Inahara's leadership, the cafeteria replaced disposable trays with reusable trays that parent and student volunteers wash. Instead of throwaway "sporks," kids use metal utensils that Skyline families donated.

Students also sort lunch leftovers: Meat and cheese go into a bucket for a neighbor's pigs, while other table scraps go into a bucket that feeds a teacher's chickens. Cafeteria trash decreased enough for the school to eliminate a Dumpster, saving Portland Public Schools about $1,700 a year, Inahara said.

Skyline also made its landscaping more sustainable by ripping out English ivy and replacing it with native plants.

Inahara, who's also co-chairwoman of the Eco-School Network, shared these secrets to her success, which included spending hardly any money:

Grants. Inahara wrote grant proposals that brought in not only an AmeriCorps volunteer who focuses on reducing solid waste at the school but also money from Metro, the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board and the West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District for the landscape work.

Community help. Inahara got volunteers for the landscaping project from a nearby church, Hands On Greater Portland and two Boy Scout troops.

School custodians. "They've been saving garbage for us so we can do waste audits," Inahara says. The school also has competitions to see which classroom can generate the least trash; custodians help track the trash.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2010/01/with_help_from_portland_eco-sc.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 am

In reference to the above article posted by me:

* parent and student volunteers wash
(any backround checks on the parents?)

* Meat and cheese go into a bucket for a neighbor's pigs (how does the farmer get the food for the pigs- does someone come to the school to pick it up?)

* eliminate a Dumpster
(Where are the remaining dumpster(s) and who picks it up and where does it go?)

* brought in not only an AmeriCorps volunteer
(backround checked?)

* Community help. Inahara got volunteers for the landscaping project from a nearby church
(I was going to say we have a thrift store run by a local church. Adults who are on probation can work off their hours by volunteering here)

And then I found this:

* Hands On Greater Portland

http://www.handsonportland.org/AboutUs/index.php/courtorderedvolunteering.html

http://handsonportland.org/projects/viewProject.php?_mode=occurrenceView&_action=load&sFrom=monthlyCalendar&ixActivity=399&ixAffiliateRegion=&sZipcode=&bAvailable=&dtBegin=2006-4-20&dtEnd=2006-4-20

I thought these links were interesting.

* School custodians. "They've been saving garbage for us so we can do waste audits,"
(They'd know the inner workings of the school, the staff, students, the grounds, etc...)

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 am

Calypso, you really seem to be on top of this case. Are you from the Portland area? I was unable to open a few of your links, but the ones I did were very interesting, and you have really done your homework on this case.

Keep up the good work and we appreciate everything you can add to this thread.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 am

Welcome Calypso. Kinda on the fly this morning but wanted to let you know you could not have picked a better board to have your own opinion. LOL, even I come here as on my home board everybody has jumped on the "Terri did it" bandwagon. This way, I can throw my thoughts out and these guys help me to determine if they have any merit.

I am one of those who think Terri is both innocent and guilty by association.

I am leaning toward third party involvement, somebody that Terri was involved with in some way or another, who feels this is "payback".

Gotta scoot, but enjoy your time here!!

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Calypso, welcome to RC. I appreciate all of your links, I hope you enjoy it here.

Hopefully there will be some good news on Kyron today.

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 am

WELCOME CALYPSO! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 am

Support Helps Skyline Carry On

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/news/3919.htm

As the investigation launched, custodians Selim Masic from Lewis Elementary School (previously at Skyline) and Skyline custodian Bill Tandy worked 12-hour shifts to cover the school's operational needs.

Here's Selim Masic.....

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 20 Ecoschools3jpg-a5f00794e391be8d
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 pm

"I am sorry that I was not there to protect you," Young wrote in the letter. "I will never be able to forgive myself for being so many hours away when you needed me the most." ~ Desiree's public letter to Kyron.

I don't like Dez's choice of wording....too much detail! (and it's not like these were excited utterances ;) )

She is wanting to suggest she was 'so many hours away'...was she?

And she's 'NEVER going to BE ABLE to forgive (herself)'? So fatalistic!

I'm a believer in paying particular attention to statements that have been pre-written in narrative form. So much thought goes into them, and a guilty person will cover all their tracks albeit shrouded in the narrative as if they are innocent. All you have to do is look for 'too much detail' and suggestions of innocence that direct the statement toward the writer's feelings instead of keeping on the subject of the person who is missing. Such as...

...Desiree turned this statement into HER misery! Even the first part "I'm sorry I was not there...."

...."to protect you". Protect him from what? She had no way of knowing Kyron needed protecting on that day! Why is she beating herself up about 'not being there'. This could be a deliberate attempt to suggest she wasn't there, when she really was.

Actually, this entire letter shouldn't have been written. It's not like Kyron was going to hear it the day it was put out there, or find it cached on the internet pages. This letter was an attempt by Desiree to sway public opinion toward her as THE upset mother victimized by Terri!

It is said a guilty person WILL talk about their crime, and that's a proven fact. It's just that when they talk about it, most of the time they only slip up and rat themselves out. Their listeners don't usually pick up on efforts to pre-emptively absolve themselves of the crime as they lay reasons why they couldn't have done it within their conversations...such as: This one case I read where a woman was found murdered along a jogging path and her body found in an adjacent swamp. A woman's boarder had come home one day just prior to the woman's body being found, his pants legs and shoes wet, his path from work to home was that jogging path...the boarder volunteered that day upon entering the home that he had veered off his normal path and crossed the swampy area instead. Until the woman's body was found, there was nothing to make of what he said...but he had just ratted himself out!

What people volunteer is very important when it's about THEM and not the victim.

I'm still on Dez's case....If she didn't do it, she knows who did and it wasn't Terri! Maybe Dez paid someone to do it. I more and more inclined everyday to think this entire thing is The Desiree Show.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Article referenced by Lottie:

Support helps Skyline carry on

6/11/2010 12:00:00 AM

Across Portland Public Schools, employees, families and community members are wrapping their arms around Skyline K-8 School.

“Everybody wants to do something" in the aftermath of second-grader Kyron Horman's disappearance Friday, June 4, says Skyline Principal Ben Keefer. "There’s just a whole lot of support.”

West-side schools, led by Forest Park Elementary School Principal Kevin Crotchett, mobilized Monday with lunch delivered daily to the Skyline staff.

More than 15 counselors from across the district immediately stepped up to staff a PPS counseling hotline and to be in the safe room at Skyline to support those in need, including Korinna Wolfe, who manages the school district’s teen parents services program.

“It’s hard for students to sit in class while this is on their mind,” Wolfe says. “What’s wonderful is how they support each other. If a student is struggling to describe a feeling, another steps in to give it voice.”

Just outside the school, a row of television news trucks point their satellites skyward. A police officer is stationed prominently inside the school’s entrance, and fluorescent signs point toward the safe room. But the hustle-and-bustle of a working K-8 school is clearly felt.

Susan Hall, who's served as the school's secretary for 15 years, notes the unspoken support among staff and families: “They give each other a look that says, ‘We don’t have to talk, we understand each other.’ There’s been a lot of hand-holding and pats on the back.”

Staff move quickly

As the investigation launched, custodians Selim Masic from Lewis Elementary School (previously at Skyline) and Skyline custodian Bill Tandy worked 12-hour shifts to cover the school's operational needs.

Central departments also jumped in starting the evening of June 4 as staff members returned to work to provide information and support to authorities searching for Kyron.

On Sunday, June 6, the deputy superintendents and Nick Jwayad, chief information officer, began pulling together Information Technology, System Planning & Performance, and Human Resources managers and staff to get an autodialer system up and running for all schools to report unexcused absences to families in a timely manner. The team implemented the autodialer for all schools by Tuesday afternoon.

IT’s efforts included the work of Stacey Partin and the eSIS support team members, who personally offered training and guidance to every school that was not using the autodialer to ease the transition to a new system so late in the school year.

Meanwhile, Matt Shelby, public information officer, worked through the weekend and throughout the week fielding calls and handling interviews with an increasingly wider circle of media outlets including CNN, the "Today Show," "Good Morning America" and MSNBC.

Community members turn out in force

“People across the city are asking what they can do to help,” says Hall, the school secretary. “Portland has rallied around us.”

Among the helpers are individuals from nearby Brooks Hill Historic Church, who provided space for media to set up at the request of rescue authorities, and Sweet Tomatoes restaurant owners, who donated food to staff.

Nike volunteers will participate in the Skyline field day on Monday, June 14. On Tuesday, the last day of school, organizations and individuals are teaming up with Keefer and his staff to put on a special student assembly at Skyline. They are:

* Portland Trail Blazers
* Martell Webster Foundation
* Portland Timbers
* K-103 Radio (Clear Channel)
* Nike
* Starbucks
* Papa Murphy’s Pizza
* WalMart
* Musician Michael Allen Harrison and the Snowman Foundation

“I am proud of how PPS employees and our community partners mobilize in a crisis," says Superintendent Carole Smith. "Now it is our fervent hope for Kyron’s safe return.”

Video included at link:
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/news/3919.htm

-------

http://www.realitychatter.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2560
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20