Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits

+2
Piper
eva
6 posters

Go down

Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits Empty Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits

Post by eva Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Serial killer Olson threatens Ottawa with lawsuit over inmates pension benefits

at 19:40 on July 08, 2010, EDT.
Mike Blanchfield, The Canadian Press

OTTAWA - Serial killer Clifford Olson has launched a grammatically-challenged legal threat at the Canadian Harper government over its plan to end pension payments to federal inmates.

"It should be brought to your attention, That I still pay TAXS and file the FEDERAL TAXS," Olson wrote in a June 16 letter to a federal cabinet minister from his Quebec prison cell.

"I look forward to a court case I will be bring if the Bill you want to remove my Old age Pension I have paid into."

Olson fired off his three-paragraph missive two weeks after Ottawa announced legislation that would end pension payments to federal inmates.

The government was responding to outrage over the revelation that Olson was eligible to collect $1,100-a-month in old age security and income supplement benefits.

Olson has spent the last 28 years in prison for killing at least 11 boys and girls in British Columbia.

The new bill would deprive about 400 federal prisoners of about $2 million a year in benefits if it becomes law.

Ottawa is also hoping to persuade the provinces and territories to cut off benefits to 600 prisoners in its jails, which would save another $8 million.

Human Resources Minister Diane Finley introduced the legislation last month.

Finley's spokesman Ryan Sparrow said Thursday the government remains steadfast in its intent to deprive inmates of the seniors' benefits.

"Obviously Canadians are outraged that prisoners like child killer Clifford Olson are receiving taxpayers' benefits," Sparrow said.

"Clifford Olson already has his basic needs met in prison, and our Conservative government believes it is wrong that prisoners who break the law should receive taxpayer-funded old age security."

Sparrow said Olson's objections are "deeply insulting" to his victims.

In his letter, Olson says he wants to "obtain" a copy of the bill that has been introduced in Parliament.

Olson is eligible to apply for parole but it is unlikely he will ever be released from the Quebec maximum security prison in Ste. Anne-Des-Plaines where he currently resides.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/TG625.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits Empty Re: Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits

Post by Piper Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

Pension checks for federal inmates! I've never heard of such a thing. He could collect $1,100.00 per month while residing in prison after murdering 11 boys and girls? Do other prisoners receive pension checks now? That is a complete and total outrage!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits Empty Re: Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:33 pm

WHAT????? This is just an outrage!!! Convicted murderers should lose ALL privileges and benefits! They are, after all, already living... all expenses paid......

Good grief! Serial Killer Olson Threatens Ottawa With Lawsuit Over Inmates Pension Benefits 858297
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm not sure but I think in the US if they have a pension check it is applied to the inmates upkeep expenses and a minimum amount is applied to commissary...Can someone correct me if I'm wrong...Thanks...ST
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:42 pm

By the way IMO I always thought that being incarcerated meant you lost your rights that normal folk have...Wouldn't a pension (old age income, SSI, and workmans comp) be one of those rights??? After all they do have free medical care...that's a plus and free meals to boot...no bills...What more do they want/need??? I know they want it all!!!!
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Estee wrote:By the way IMO I always thought that being incarcerated meant you lost your rights that normal folk have...Wouldn't a pension (old age income, SSI, and workmans comp) be one of those rights??? After all they do have free medical care...that's a plus and free meals to boot...no bills...What more do they want/need??? I know they want it all!!!!

Yes, Estee, that's exactly what I was saying upthread..... Convicted murderers not only get free medical care, free room and board, and free meals, they also get a free education!!

I wonder, however, if Canada may be different....

IMO, when you murder someone, no matter what country you live in, you should lose ALL rights to ANYTHING. But here in the U.S., it is very clear..... the criminals have all the rights.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:01 am

Snaz wrote:
Estee wrote:By the way  IMO I always thought that being incarcerated meant you lost your rights that normal folk have...Wouldn't a pension (old age income, SSI, and workmans comp) be one of those rights??? After all they  do have free medical care...that's a plus and free meals to boot...no bills...What more do they want/need??? I know they want it all!!!!

Yes, Estee, that's exactly what I was saying upthread..... Convicted murderers not only get free medical care, free room and board, and free meals, they also get a free education!!

I wonder, however, if Canada may be different....

IMO, when you murder someone, no matter what country you live in, you should lose ALL rights to ANYTHING.  But here in the U.S., it is very clear..... the criminals have all the rights.

I just found this old thread… unfortunately they still have rights in Canada as well.. including the right to vote.. Sad but I had not heard that they get their Old age pension… WTH now I have to research …
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:58 pm

So I researched and am aghast… yes he go three squares (and meals in our jails are much better than in the US) free health care and now I find out he got Canada Pension and the guaranteed supplement to the tune of over $1400. month.. WTH BS BS BS
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Notorious serial killer Clifford Olson dies

Ian Munroe, CTVNews.ca Staff Published Friday, September 30, 2011 10:06PM EDT

Serial killer Clifford Olson, who infamously tormented his victims' families from prison, has died of cancer at the age of 71.

Corrections Canada issued a statement on Friday saying that he had died of "apparent natural causes."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/notorious-serial-killer-clifford-olson-dies-1.705328

-----

Moving thread from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down