Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern

+4
khintx
Ann - Tx
Estee
Snaz
8 posters

Go down

Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern Empty Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern

Post by Snaz Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Casey Anthony Won't Attend Hearing
Perry Sets Status Hearing For Monday

POSTED: 11:36 am EDT August 26, 2010
UPDATED: 12:18 pm EDT August 26, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony is not expected to attend a status hearing in court on Monday.

Attorneys on both sides of the case are expected to attend the hearing before Judge Belvin Perry.

A spokeswoman for the Ninth Judicial Circuit said Anthony won't attend the hearing.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/r/24770346/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern Empty Re: Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

No more delays for Casey Anthony trial, judge says

By the CNN Wire Staff
August 30, 2010 5:10 p.m. EDT

Orlando, Florida (CNN) -- The judge presiding over the case of Florida murder suspect Casey Anthony warned lawyers Monday to expect long days in her upcoming trial and no more postponements.

"This case must come to an end at some point. This case must be tried at some point," Orange County Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr. told lawyers at a status hearing Monday afternoon. Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, disappeared more than two years ago, "and I know that everybody has placed this on their front burner," Perry said.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to capital murder in Caylee's death. Jury selection in her trial is set to begin May 9, with opening statements set to begin a week later.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/30/casey.anthony.trial/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern Empty Re: Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Lawyers Give Updated Timeline On Casey Case

Posted: 5:08 pm EDT August 30, 2010
Updated: 6:34 pm EDT August 30, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Attorneys for both sides in the Case against Casey Anthony were in court Monday afternoon to give an updated timeline on the case. Casey wasn't required to attend.

One change that came out of Monday's hearing is that motions must now be heard within 15 days of being filed.

READ:
Amended Defense List | Motion To Intervene
VIDEO REPORT: Case Timeline Updated

Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, also fired back about recent comments a lawyer made about him.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/24817018/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Change of venue, deadlines discussed at Casey Anthony hearing

August 30, 2010
Posted: 05:56 PM ET

Orlando, Florida - Casey Anthony waived her right to appear in an Orlando courtroom Monday, as Judge Belvin Perry made sure it was emphasized on record that this trial will begin on the date that has already been set.

Judge Perry reiterated the May 2011 start date, telling both sides they must meet all court-ordered deadline dates for depositions, evidence review and additional witnesses.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder for the death of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in late 2008, months after her family reported her missing.

Jose Baez, lead counsel for the defense, told Judge Perry they were moving forward, but also cited concern at the slow pace at which they are getting information from the State. As an example Baez mentions a phone call allegedly between Casey and Erica Gonzalez in July of 2008. The defense says Gonzalez was a co-worker of Casey's at the Fusion nightclub.

Read more: http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/30/change-of-venue-deadlines-discussed-at-casey-anthony-hearing/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:52 pm

I am so glad that Judge Perry told The Crewe that if all depos weren't taken that he'd schedule them and they had to be completed by a certain date...otherwise they would be working with the "roster" that they already had...I love Judge Perry...He runs a tight ship!!!! No more DELAYS !!!!
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:26 pm

FYI....

In case any of you are wondering about Erica Gonzalez, who was mentioned in the hearing today, she was a "shot girl" at Fusion where she met and befriended KC. She gave a statement about a phone conversation with KC on July 15, while KC was on her way to the airport to pick up Amy Huizenga.

Page 48:
Status Hearing - Monday, 8/30/10 1:30 p.m. Eastern 15yt4b5

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35454471/Casey1-Part-2
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:44 am

I think Judge Perry rocks!

I've read several articles regarding the hearing today. Judge Perry is adamant that the trial will start as scheduled.

In my opinion, this trial should have been a done deal months ago.

Thanks, Snaz for the Links!

This is an interesting "read" by Peter Hyatt who does statement analysis for Law Enforcement:

Monday, August 30, 2010
Baez: "For The Record: It Was A Joke"

Jose Baez apparently thought he could go "50/50" with the trial set for May.

He was mistaken.

In today's case management in court, Judge Perry played the same repetitive role he has since taking over:

He asks the defense has completed ABC, of which Baez says "not yet".

He reminds the defense of deadlines;

He tells the defense that they are going forward regardless, including working nights and weekends and that the amount of sleep they get will be up to them. (addressed to all)

The prosecution reported to the judge that the defense reported having "yard sale" photographs disproving prosecution claims about evidence.
Jose Baez interrupted and said, "for the record, that was a joke".

Prosecution said you can never tell. There was no laughter in the courtroom; only a smirk on the face of Jose Baez.

Much of what Jose Baez has floated as evidence or theory has been relegated to the level of "joke" sans humor.

In Judge Perry's questioning, it appears that Jose Baez has not done much, if anything.

Read more:
http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/08/for-record-it-was-joke.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 am

A joke? kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 am

I'm with you kh. WTF?????
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:17 pm

He's the joke !!!!!
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:30 pm

Well you sure got that right ST!

I've been thinking about that conversation between Erica and KC while on the way to pick up Amy at the airport. If I'm not mistaken Caylee wasn't with KC when she picked Amy up. Also why would she be telling her to sit down, wouldn't she be in her carseat?
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Casey Defense, Prosecutors Update Case Timeline at Status Hearing

http://www.wftv.com/video/24817649/index.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm

http://hubpages.com/hub/Anthonys-Are-Liars

[snipped]

--Casey Anthony, in a recorded conversation with her brother, Lee Anthony.

".............He [Jose Baez] was actually going to come up either today or tomorrow and bring a couple of the videos I guess for me to watch from some of the news stuff that's been going on, I guess some of the talk shows. Just to try to update me on some of the stuff. Plus he wanted me wanted me to get a good laugh."

A good laugh?

Everyone on the defense team seems to be lookin for a good laff. SICK. kh

Last edited by khintx on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:21 pm

I've been thinking about that conversation between Erica and KC while on the way to pick up Amy at the airport. If I'm not mistaken Caylee wasn't with KC when she picked Amy up. Also why would she be telling her to sit down, wouldn't she be in her carseat?

Wasn't this conversation around mid July, when she was going to pick up Amy? Well, of course Erica did not hear Caylee's voice, she was already dead. This was just KC pretending Caylee was in the car for Erica's benefit. I guess angels don't have to sit down in a car seat, they can just float all around the car.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:36 pm

The conversation was on July 15 while KC was on her way to the airport to pick up Amy. It is easily proven that no Caylee was with her.

She made a stop at the Bank of America to cash Amy's $250.00 check, where she was caught on video with no Caylee in tow. Then she made a stop at the tattoo parlor to schedule her next tattoo, where no Caylee was seen by the employees there. Then she went to the airport to pick up Amy and no Caylee there either.

So, unless she was hiding Caylee, it is very easy to prove Caylee was not with her while she was in the car on the way to the airport....

She's an idiot. She never dreamed in her wildest imagination that it would get this far and obviously never thought through her actions and comments.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 pm

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

Baez Responds To Nejame "Liar" Remark

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(statement analysis in bold type)

After the status hearing, WESH 2 attended what was supposed to be a routine scheduling hearing between the defense, prosecution and Texas Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame.

Newly appointed Magistrate James Glatt set Oct. 4 and 5 for dates when the defense will get to look at Equeesearch records.

Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez reiterated allegations at the hearing that NeJame is only representing Equusearch for media coverage.

NeJame then told Cheney Mason, another member of the Anthony defense team, that Baez is a liar and incompetent.

“I believe your partner is not only a liar but incompetent,” NeJame said to Mason. “I'm going to say this in light of what he said to me -- he made up complete and total fabrications.”
Baez said he would not respond to NeJame’s comments.

Shortly after, Jose Baez responded:

"I know I'm competent, I know I'm doing what's good for my client and, what's more important, she does, and so does my team. So I could really care less what a lot of people say," Baez said.

I know I'm competent, I know I'm doing what's good

Note sensitive inclusion "know" as well as repetition:

"know" weakens assertion revealing lack of confidence in competency; but add in the repetition of "know" shows further weakness (sensitivity).
what's more important, she does

Casey's opinion of him
"and so does my team"

"So I could really care less what a lot of people say"

Statement analysis looks that words that a person chooses; done in less than a second and does not interpret nor change meaning. We do not say "this is what they meant to say" or, "the person is making a mistake, they meant to say such and such".

Words chosen that flow to the tongue are done so, from training in earliest childhood, in a microsecond. People say what they mean.

"so" is highlighted as sensitive ("since, because, therefore, etc") as it gives reason.
"I could really care less"

Extra words give us additional information. The shortest sentence is best. He could have said, "I could have cared less" but adds "really" as increased sensitivity to the point being made.

He could have cared less, because he cares a lot about what "people", which is well beyond just Mark NeJame' claim that Jose Baez is a liar. With his level of care over what Mark NeJame and others have said, Jose Baez has plenty of room to care "less" about it than he does.

Jose Baez cares a great deal over the criticism he has received, universally, over this case. When someone attributes the comment of one to many, it shows a high level of sensitivy; like the person who says "everyone is against me" only to learn that one person is against them; but to the subject, it feels greater.
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Casey Anthony Status Hearing

Part 1 of 2: http://www.wftv.com/video/24824765/index.html

Part 2 of 2: http://www.wftv.com/video/24825363/index.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:36 pm

http://www.wesh.com/news/24817269/detail.html

Video includes brief clip of the comment made by Mark Nejame at the scheduling conference after the hearing.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Judge Belvin Perry sticks to schedule, wins raves

posted by halboedeker on August, 30 2010 3:23 PM

The headline today from today’s status hearing in the Casey Anthony case?

“The trial will take place on the day it has been set,” Jean Casarez said on truTV’s “In Session.” “There’s a lot of work to do, but this judge isn’t budging.”

The panel agreed. Former federal prosecutor Sunny Hostin highlighted two dates: May 9 for jury selection and May 16 for opening statements.

“Ditto,” analyst Mike Brooks said.

Read more: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/?p=20216
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 pm

This is a really great post from the Orlando Sentinel website. I don't know if it is all true, but if it is.... WOW!

Posted by: Abigaele | Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I agree with the seasoned pro, NeJame: Jose Baze thinks lying is lawyering. He’s completely incompetent. He thinks “disjustice” is a word. When I heard that one, I just had to check out his background: Baez flunked out of high school, had to take a GED late in life, wound up in the worst law school in the country (St. Thomas, ranked at the very bottom) – you don’t even have to take the LSAT to get in – and, not surprisingly, took 8 YEARS to pass the bar. He’s into his 40’s but only has the experience of a lawyer in their mid 20’s (he’d only passed the bar 2 years before he lucked into this case). I’ve watched him fumble, bumble and smirk his way through hearings that he clearly does not understand. 1L students show more poise in their legal clinic work, His motions are utterly devoid of citations to the appropriate case law. His client clearly has mental problems but he wouldn’t take a plea and he decided to forgo the insanity defense. The first DP qulaified lawyer on the case LEFT because of this very blunder by Baez. He’s a complete fraud in elevator shoes and a man girdle. He’s used the case to get TV time instead of pleading and keeping his client from facing the DP. Casey is not a very bright, stable or experienced young woman, and made a huge mistake by hiring the clueless/ inexperience/ poorly-educated/ ethically-challenged/ incompetent Baez. He’s a weekly disgrace to the profession: hiring an unqualified ex-con as a PR rep for his client, wearing two hats by brokering TV deals (clearly a conflict of interest at his client’s expense – and linked directly to the same-week purchase of the house that was beyond his means!), defaming police officers without grounds, making intentional misrepresentations to the court (denying that he pressed 1 to accept a monitored call from an inmate?! (Judge P. should have clipped Baez right there), defaulting on his mortgage while taking a vacation to Paris?! (fraud), smuggling Cindy’s letters to Cindy?!! How is this chubby, short, ignoramus still in good standing?! 3 times in this case the Florida bar had looked into his impropriety and let him go. But enough is enough! Is there a Florida lawyer here who can explain to me how Baez, as a non-DP qualified rookie, can act as the de facto “lead” in hearings leading to a DP trial? Where is the bar on this one? Why are the judges silent? The tax payers are going to lose millions on this trial because it will have to be redone when Casey makes an “ineffective assistance of counsel” claim upon her (highly probable) conviction. Maybe Casey is smarter than I give her credit for… Maybe she’s as calculating as her mom, Cindy… They never fall far from the tree. Is it possible Casey is cunning enough to see Baez as a “useful idiot”??? After all, he truly is an ineffective assistance of counsel claim waiting to happen. In any event, I’m glad an old pro like NeJame finally confirmed what I’ve been thinking since Day 1 of the coverage. As his low/ no LSAT score proves, Baez never had the verbal intelligence to become a lawyer (you can see him struggle to find the right words, always relying on the phrase “quite frankly” to stall for time/ try to make his ham-fisted replies sound half-way passable). Baez has no business being a lawyer. I hope NeJame initiates the next (and hopefully decisive) bar investigation of “Bozo.” If he doesn’t do it, I will.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/08/casey-anthony-judge-belvin-perry-sticks-to-schedule-wins-raves.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Snaz wrote:This is a really great post from the Orlando Sentinel website. I don't know if it is all true, but if it is.... WOW!

Posted by: Abigaele | Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I agree with the seasoned pro, NeJame: Jose Baze thinks lying is lawyering. He’s completely incompetent. He thinks “disjustice” is a word. When I heard that one, I just had to check out his background: Baez flunked out of high school, had to take a GED late in life, wound up in the worst law school in the country (St. Thomas, ranked at the very bottom) – you don’t even have to take the LSAT to get in – and, not surprisingly, took 8 YEARS to pass the bar. He’s into his 40’s but only has the experience of a lawyer in their mid 20’s (he’d only passed the bar 2 years before he lucked into this case).

Snaz-this link has more details about him & says that he used to sell bikinis.

http://www.momblognetwork.com/%5Btermpath-raw%5D/jose-baez-bikinis-bankruptcy-and-bars-ie-law-and-taverns
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Ju-li, I had heard that before... isn't that just a hoot??? I'm gonna have to have a look and see what else there is to know about him.

Bikinis...... Laughing

Thanks for sharing the link!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Does anyone know where I can watch the status hearing? I can't seem to find it anywhere. TIA
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Video of Status Hearing

Part 1: http://www.wftv.com/video/24824765/index.html

Part 2: http://www.wftv.com/video/24825363/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Snaz wrote:Ju-li, I had heard that before... isn't that just a hoot??? I'm gonna have to have a look and see what else there is to know about him.

Bikinis...... Laughing

Thanks for sharing the link!

Laughing Yeah, bikinis! Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 pm

I swear, they weren't the ones I made...I wouldn't let him sell my homemade pet food either...He needs to go back to the car lot...Maybe George and he could sell cars...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Estee-the bikinis you made for us were beautiful! He's not allowed to touch anything that you make.

Maybe he can be a hot dog vendor. Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks J4A! I can always count on you! muah!
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 am

Second Amended Order Setting Discovery, Motion and Hearing Deadlines and Trial Date
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down