Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car

3 posters

Go down

Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car Empty Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 pm

South Miami-Dade mom charged in death of child left in car
One day after a 3-year-old died in a car, his mother was charged with manslaughter.

August 29, 2010
BY HENNING ENGELAGE

~Snipped~

According to Gino Grave, 34, Martinez asked him around 12 noon where the toddler was. "I thought he was napping in his room," Grave said.

After Martinez found Jossue in the car, Grave carried him into the house and performed CPR.

"He was not breathing, had no vital signs," said Grave, a former lifeguard who has a 12-year-old son with Martinez and lives with his son, Mar- tinez, her boyfriend, two of her daughters and her oldest son Bryan in the trailer.

It's unclear who last saw the child alive.

According to Grave, police and fire rescue arrived minutes after the 911 call. Fire rescue had received a 911 call about a child who was not breathing at about 1:30 p.m. Friday, police said. Rescuers were unable to resuscitate the child, and he later was pronounced dead.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/29/1798004/mom-charged-in-death-of-child.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car Empty Re: Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car

Post by Piper Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:56 am

Sweet lord, how can you not know where your 3 year old is. Sad "I thought he was napping in his room".....that poor child. People watch their pets closer than that.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car Empty Re: Maytee Martinez Charged in Death of 3-year-old Jossue Medina After Leaving Her Alone in Car

Post by Estee Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 am

I can remember one time when my eldest son was 2/3 yrs old...I was washing dishes and no longer heard him playing...I stopped what I was doing and went into the living room, where he had been...He was not in signt...I tore the house apart looking for him...I was in a real panic and just about to call LE when I passed back through the living room and spied a little foot ...under the coffee table...Upon looking, there he was...fast asleep...You have no idea how relieved I was...My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it...Funny thing...he was the only child I never had to put down for a nap cause when he'd get tired he would just go to sleep where eva he was...Found out later on that he had multiple heart defects...that explained a lot of his quirks...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Estee, you went checking on your son right away. It's a scary feeling you can't explain. This poor little guy was left in an SUV for over an hour. Tragic accident or pure negligence, I don't know. DCF states they have a history with the family. Somebody forgot about this little boy. It's sad how many cases you read of a child dying in a hot car.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh God.. what a sad story.. I actually believe that these things dio happen without intent... I know when we were little.. we left a fair without one of my siblings and didnt realize it for about 10 minutes.. (lots of us..)

I read a book about a teacher or principal of a school who did the same thing... SHe had many things on her mind and actually had forgotten to go and drop the baby ooff at a daycare...

Although no one can dispute negligence... I guess I do believe that if there is no intent, there shud not be charges..

What infuriates me the most is hearing that evil pigsé`thugs get released from jail for light sentences and overpopulation yet DA`s offices want to throw ppl like this in jail when they will suffer for their huge mistake that cost them their childs life, who will nevver have the oppurtunity to grow up and live....

Its a hard call, but I think malice needs to be established in these type of situations.. If iit was a recurring problem where neglect or abuse cud be established then ok...

There are many cases of little ones going missing and ending up being found in pools or water... I do see how can get distracted and forget.. Not condoning bad parenting but we are human.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down