Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

+37
justanopinion
indypeg59
Marica
Freckles
Nene_Please
Gia
rpozos11
katie77092
kellikat
Feefee
BeFound
flutter1
christinem
CindyTx
eva
burekbeba
Calypso
warriorforemma
shccuervo
Jean
khintx
Sad
TigerMom
Spikey
LCoastMom
WantToKnow
FystyAngel
Caylee'sJustice
Serenity
MLR
LuLu-Tx
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
Piper
Julie
41 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 6 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 pm

WantToKnow Today at 8:06 pm
~~~~~~~~
Yes, it is gruesome and I kept it "on the surface". In other words, did not go into the graphic details.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 6 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by sitemama Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Ann, you are doing a fantastic job and we really appreciate you and all you are doing for little Emma. I'm sure she is watching over you and you will have many crowns in heaven.

I am so glad you found us, and glad that we have you.

Now, if some of our great ppl can do the same for the rest of the victims we are following. God bless you.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:32 am

Ann, you are amazing. Not sure if I could sit there and hear what you had to hear. Thank you for your daily reports. God bless you.

Poor little Emma..... I just can't imagine the horror that little girl suffered before she died. It seems as though when death actually occurred, it may have been a blessing at that point. Sad
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 am

Ann, I really enjoyed your stories about outside the courthouse. It doesn't surprise me at all that many asked if you were an attorney.
You are obviously as classy in person as you are on paper. winks
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 am

A picture of Emma I had not seen before:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 6 Emmath10
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 am

Snipped from Ann's post above:

Per testimony, Ben Thompson does not know Coe. He saw him one time in passing possibly at a neighbor's party when he and Young were still living together. The only two that know the truth about when Coe and Young started seeing one another for certain is Coe and Young and neither are testifying.

One article said December, 2008 and another said April, 2009. So . . . . who knows except Coe and Young.

I wondered if Ben Thompson was aware of Coe and Young's relationship. I guess Emma never mentioned his name to her father.

Coe's daughter was also only 4. Was it her mother that allowed him to have her overnight? If that is true, knowing he was not to have unsupervised visits with her, then we have another momster that could care less about her child's safety. I just can't wrap my head around these women that offer up their own babies for abuse and then cover for the disgusting pigs.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:25 am

The autopsy notes are just too much for me to take in right now. I am just furious.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 am

Thank you, Ann, for all of the updates.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 am

Ann, you are doing a great job, keep up the good work. I hope you get to hear the verdict you are wanting while you are in the courtroom.

I think that would be so heart lifting, to be a witness to that. We can't wait to read your report on the final day, but it just won't be as good a feeling as actually hearing it and looking that POS in the face at the same time.

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Trial of man accused of abusing toddler wrapping up

Updated at 05:08 PM today

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Both sides have rested in the Lucas Coe child sex abuse trial. That's after the defense presented its witnesses Monday.

Coe stands accused of beating and sexually assaulting four-year-old Emma Thompson last year. She died of multiple injuries.

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7678547
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by WantToKnow Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Piper wrote:Snipped from Ann's post above:

Per testimony, Ben Thompson does not know Coe. He saw him one time in passing possibly at a neighbor's party when he and Young were still living together. The only two that know the truth about when Coe and Young started seeing one another for certain is Coe and Young and neither are testifying.

One article said December, 2008 and another said April, 2009. So . . . . who knows except Coe and Young.

I wondered if Ben Thompson was aware of Coe and Young's relationship. I guess Emma never mentioned his name to her father.

Coe's daughter was also only 4. Was it her mother that allowed him to have her overnight? If that is true, knowing he was not to have unsupervised visits with her, then we have another momster that could care less about her child's safety. I just can't wrap my head around these women that offer up their own babies for abuse and then cover for the disgusting pigs.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Coe's mother had custody of his daughter? Will try to find the article.

WantToKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by WantToKnow Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Found it - Coe's parents have custody of his daughter, who's also named Emma:

CPS discovered the boy living with Coe, along with a 2-year-old girl that Coe had fathered with the boy's mother. The agency took custody of both children, who later went to live with grandparents.

Above snipped from Houston Chronicle article from 7-31-10:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6555444.html

=============

“I can't be here, Christie,” Coe allegedly told Frazier, explaining that he had recently been ordered by CPS to stay away from his own child. Records show and officials confirm that Coe has been indicted for injury to another child and as a precaution, custody of his child had been transferred to his own parents.

Above snipped from Houston Chronicle article from 7-29-10:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/breaking/6553916.html

Wonder if Coe's parents will face any legal consequences for going against the CPS order and letting Coe have access to his daughter unsupervised?

Last edited by WantToKnow on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

WantToKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm looking forward to reading Ann's updates tonight. Closing arguments are tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too much longer until we see Justice For Emma!
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

WantToKnow wrote:Found it - Coe's parents have custody of his daughter, who's also named Emma:

CPS discovered the boy living with Coe, along with a 2-year-old girl that Coe had fathered with the boy's mother. The agency took custody of both children, who later went to live with grandparents.

Above snipped from Houston Chronicle article from 7-31-10:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6555444.html

=============

“I can't be here, Christie,” Coe allegedly told Frazier, explaining that he had recently been ordered by CPS to stay away from his own child. Records show and officials confirm that Coe has been indicted for injury to another child and as a precaution, custody of his child had been transferred to his own parents.

Above snipped from Houston Chronicle article from 7-29-10:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/breaking/6553916.html

Wonder if Coe's parents will face any legal consequences for going against the CPS order and letting Coe have access to his daughter unsupervised?

Thank you, WantToKnow. I'm wondering the same thing. His sister met him to pick up his daughter Emma the day little Emma Thompson was murdered after he called his mom. And this other little boy, did Coe molest him as well. I read that his daughter showed signs of abuse and then I read one of his charges was against a young boy. I can't confirm this because I don't remember what article I read it in. Who is the father of Emma's older sisters?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Justice4all wrote:I'm looking forward to reading Ann's updates tonight. Closing arguments are tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too much longer until we see Justice For Emma!

Right on, JUSTICE FOR EMMA!

Ann, you are a true saint. hug

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi! I am finally home!

Scanned the board real quickly. Thanks for the update about closing arguments, Julie.

Both sides rested their case late today. Judge Shaver advised the Jury that Closing Arguments will begin tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. After Closing Arguments are concluded, the case will be turned over to the Jury for deliberations.

The Judge instructed the Jury to bring a change of clothes and whatever else they might need for an over night stay. If the Jury does not render a Verdict by late afternoon (I assume 5 or 5:30 p.m.), they will be housed in a hotel over night.
~~~~~~~~~~

Based on an inquiry last week, I was told that if Coe is found guilty and it is early in the day, the Judge will ask the Prosecution if they are ready for the Punishment Phase. If they say yes, the Punishment Phase will start. If it is later in the day, Punishment Phase start on Wednesday, 9-22-10. If Coe is found not guilty, he walks!

Had a surprise this afternoon . . . .Abigail Young, dressed in her bright orange Harris County Jail "uniform", was brought into the Court Room so a doctor from Texas Children's Hospital, who was on the stand testifying, could identify her as being the mother of Emma and the person who was with Emma the day the doctor examined Emma in June, 2009. After the Doctor identified Young, she was removed from the Court Room.

Young and Coe did not look at each other. Young was expressionless and stoic as ever! Her hair is longer and looks like she packed on a few pounds.

The Defense put on their case today. They had so called expert witnesses. We all know expert witnesses are paid for their testimony! It is my personal opinion they wasted their money!

Their case is that Emma's injuries are straddle injuries!

Straddle injuries? I don't think so! With the testimony I've heard and the pictures taken at the ER along with the Autopsy Report with pictures by Dr. Moore, an idiot would not believe the crap about straddle injuries!

Just my opinion!

I will update later. I need to cook dinner and do a few things here.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks, Ann! Good talking with you earlier.... can't wait to read the day's synopsis.....
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Ann...First off, I want to thank you again for this thread.

You have me on the edge of my seat with each post. I can't even begin to relay the emotions, except to say, I'm sure they are far less compared to what you've experienced...sitting there in the court room. Poor, poor Emma.

Last edited by FystyAngel on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am

This was in the Brenham Banner Press - Brenham, Texas today:
~~~~~~~
Jurors in Coe case could begin deliberations

Published:
Monday, September 20, 2010 1:46 PM CDT

HOUSTON — Jurors on Tuesday could begin deliberations on the guilt or innocence of Lucas Coe, accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old Emma Thompson.

The trial’s second week began here this morning, with testimony nearing an end.

Visiting state District Judge Doug Shaver told jurors Friday before he dismissed them for the weekend that closing arguments would probably take place Tuesday.

Coe is on trial on a charge of super-aggravated sexual assault of a child, which prosecutors decided to pursue because if convicted, he will not be eligible for parole. Prosecutors contend Coe sexually assaulted Emma, but Coe’s attorneys say there is no evidence their client did so.

Read more: http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/09/20/news/news02.txt
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:57 am

Ann ~ You have become Emma's Earth Angel, and You have done an amazing job of reporting the horrendous heartbreaking tragedy of Emma. I wonder if once the trial of POS Coe ends, if Abigail Young's own noteworthy mother will spring for a decent tombstone for Emma.
Pity we don't avenge such crimes by inflicting the same injuries that the evil adults imposed on the small victim.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 am

What! She was brought to the courtroom? Did she say anything? How long was she there? Wow, unbelievable! Shocked
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 am

Cali wrote:Ann ~ You have become Emma's Earth Angel, and You have done an amazing job of reporting the horrendous heartbreaking tragedy of Emma. I wonder if once the trial of POS Coe ends, if Abigail Young's own noteworthy mother will spring for a decent tombstone for Emma.
Pity we don't avenge such crimes by inflicting the same injuries that the evil adults imposed on the small victim.
Cali, thanks!

I don't know about Young's mother, Margie Routt Young. She might be too busy. She did not even bother to attend Lucas Coe's trial and support justice for Emma by sitting on the State's (Prosecution) side. We all know Routt Young testified for the Defense and supported her daughter, Abigail Young. Poor Emma! At least her paternal grandparents, the Thompsons, supported justice for Emma during Young's trial.

Emma's grandfather, Mr. Thompson, has been at Coe's trial every day. Other family members have been there also. Emma was so fortunate to have such wonderful paternal grandparents and uncles!

Per the article, from KWHI (radio), seems like Margie Routt Young will be busy this Friday. Maybe Routt Young should have a fundraiser to raise money to buy Emma a tombstone. Young can more than afford to buy Emma a tombstone and so many can not understand how Routt Young is not ashamed of herself for failing Emma by not supporting justice for Emma at Young's trial:
~~~~~~~~

KWHI - AM
Brenham, Tx

SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH CARE CLASSIC CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT

(SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2010)

Playing some rounds of golf on an autumnal Friday afternoon certainly has an appeal, especially if it is for a good cause.

That’s the good thing about the 18th annual Scott and White Health Care Classic Charity Golf Tournament, next Friday, September 24th at the Brenham Country Club.

Margie Young of the Scott and White Foundation—Brenham, says the proceeds from the tournament sponsorship go to the health care needs of people in Brenham.

Ms. Young says that the deadline for entering as an individual player or a team of three, Friday. It is $110 for one player, or $330 for a team of three. Young says they have at least thirty teams taking part. She says the player’s entry fees pay for the tournament. The sponsor’s proceeds go to the foundation. The foundation’s goal is to raise $55,000.

Tee time next Friday is as 12:30, after an 11am lunch. They will then have a celebration dinner. John Hasskarl is the honorary chair of this tournament.

Source: http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH CARE CLASSIC CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:23 am

FystyAngel wrote:Ann...First off, I want to thank you again for this thread.

You have me on the edge of my seat with each post. I can't even begin to relay the emotions, except to say, I'm sure they are far less compared to what you've experienced...sitting there in the court room. Poor, poor Emma.
FystyAngel, you welcome!

A very special thanks to you, Snaz and Justice4All for approving the Emma Thompson Case for this fine, high quality site. It is wonderful to know that Emma has the support of Reality Chatter!

So many failed Emma before her death and even failed her after her death. But . . . . Reality Chatter supports . . . .

"Justice for precious Emma Thompson!"
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 am

Serenity wrote:What! She was brought to the courtroom? Did she say anything? How long was she there? Wow, unbelievable! Shocked
Hi, Serenity!

No she did not say a thing. She was there just long enough for the Doctor on the witness stand to identify Young for the record.

Young was taken back to the gray bar hotel (Harris County Jail) - her current residence!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 am

Margie Young - aligned with the Scott and White Foundation. What is that? A mental health foundation for perverted parents. This un-grandmotherly woman should be ashamed of her lack of love for Emma. "Remember Emma, Remember Emma, Remember Emma" Margie. How could you not remember Emma?
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:39 am

OK. Now I get it, Margie Young...I Googled the Scott and White Foundation...it seems that it is designated as non-profit and you, Margie, are the CEO.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:20 am

Lucas Coe Trial Update - 9-20-10

The State (Prosecutors) introduced a few Exhibits into Evidence and then rested their Case.

The Defense called an Expert Witness from Louisiana. His first name is George. He stated he is a Forensic Scientist.

The Defense questioned him about his education and his work history.

They showed some crime scene pictures of Abigail Young's home and the "Expert" Witness George criticized the way the Crime Scene Investigator of the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Houston, Harris County, Tx investigated the case and collected evidence.

Then Coe's attorney, took out a blanket, pillows and whatever and hastily put it on a table declaring this is all the evidence the State has and none of it has blood, etc. on it.

Then Colleen Barnett (Prosecutor) questioned George. He currently works at Arcadia Crime Lab in Louisiana. Never worked as a Crime Scene Investigator in Law Enforcement!

Colleen ate George's lunch! Big time! LOL

George is involved in the Innocence Project in Louisiana.

George said he reviewed all of the evidence but did not know samples of blood which was Emma's was in the Game Room, Bathroom (upstairs), toilet seat, 2 places on door, Top Seat in entry, blanket with Lucas Coe's semen, Emma's blood and Lucas Coe's DNA found in small dot of blood mixture in bathroom, etc.

Colleen questioned him about numerous investigation things done by the Crime Scene Investigator as well as evidence but I guess George did not do his homework!

I bet Harris County Sheriff's Office did not appreciate George, who never worked in LE as a Crime Scene Investigator, criticizing the Crime Scene Investigator in Emma's case!

I think it is safe to say this one back fired for the Defense! We all know Expert Witnesses are paid for their testimony. I think this one was a huge waste of money! Just my opinion!
~~~~

Nancy L. Harris was called to the stand. She is the lady that gave Emma CPR until EMS arrived and while Young, a Registered Nurse, was on the phone.

I'll write more about this one hopefully tomorrow night. It's almost one and I need to get up at 4:30.

She did say when she arrived (was on her way home) Emma was on top of the hood of the car!

She does not believe Emma had a heart beat before she even attempted CPR. Emma's eyes were rolled back in her head. During CPR, Emma never inhaled.
~~~~~~~
Dr. Michael Heard testified next for the Defense. What a trip! He is 100% sure Emma's injured are straddle injuries.

Tina Ansari, Prosecutor, questioned him during cross exam. Tina had a field day with this guy!

As an "Expert" Witness for the Defense he was paid $3,500 retainer and was given a huge stack of records, including testimony from 20 witnesses, to read and he said he read it all.
He is being paid $350 an hour for his so called expert testimony!

This is one I will have to tell you about. Tina did an awesome job of questioning the Doctor! Oh, he is currently employed as a test tube baby maker -meaning fertility clinic!
~~~~~~~~
The doctor who examined Emma at Tx. Children's Hospital in June, 2009 as a result of CPS testified as a Rebuttal Witness for the State. Abigail Young was brought into the Court Room for identification by the Doctor.

~~~~~~~~
Then Dr. Leena (sp?) Issac with Baylor College of Medicine testified as a Rebuttal Witness for the State. Per her testimony, the pictures are consistent with sexual abuse.

Sorry, I did not get to detail the above. Hopefully, tomorrow! Good night!
~~~~~~~
Closing Arguments start at 9 a.m. Tuesday; then the case will go to the Jury for deliberations!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 am

Cali wrote:OK. Now I get it, Margie Young...I Googled the Scott and White Foundation...it seems that it is designated as non-profit and you, Margie, are the CEO.

Cali, Margie Routt Young is CEO of the Scott and White Hospital - Foundation, Brenham, Tx and also is on the Board of Directors!

With that prestigious position, one would think she could afford a tombstone for Emma. Poor Emma still has the little marker from the funeral home to mark her grave! Isn't that sad, Cali?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:19 am

Don't forget . . . .Closing Arguments in Lucas Coe's trial is today at 9:30 a.m.

Good-bye . . . .going to Houston!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:32 am

Piper wrote:For Ann ~ and everyone seeking justice for Emma, this is a small tribute from me. This song was played at a candlelight vigil for Emma on 8/13/09 and you felt it was so very appropriate...