Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11

+4
Julie
sitemama
Piper
Ann - Tx
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 Empty Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Abilene child beaten to death; mother's boyfriend arrested this morning

Abilene Reporter News - Abilene, Tx

Posted February 21, 2011 at 1:21 p.m. CST

A 2-year-old Abilene boy was flown to Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth on Friday and was pronounced dead on Saturday after sustaining what appeared to be "abusive head trauma," according to a news release from the Abilene Police Department.

Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., the 30-year-old boyfriend of the victim's mother, was arrested at 11:50 a.m. today and charged with murder. His bond has not been set, according to police.

Read more:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/21/abilene-child-beaten-death-over-weekend-mothers-bo/

~~~~~~~

Suspect charged in Abilene child's death
Toddler died from abusive head trauma

By Greg Kendall-Ball
Abilene Reporter-News - Abilene, Tx

Posted February 21, 2011 at 11:01 p.m. CST

An Abilene man is in the Taylor County Jail on a $500,000 bond after being charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 2-year-old boy.

Monday's arrest of Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 30, came after Abilene police responded to a 911 call about 10 a.m. Friday involving an injured child at a home in the 2400 block of South Third Street.

The child, Hayden Vickers, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with injuries consistent with abusive head trauma, Abilene police Sgt. Lynn Beard said Monday.

The boy then was flown to Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth.

He was pronounced dead Saturday afternoon in the pediatric intensive care unit at Cook, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office.

Beard said Ramey was the boyfriend of the child's mother and lived at the residence where the incident occurred. Ramey was the only adult present when the child was injured, Beard said.

Read more:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/21/suspect-charged-in-childs-death/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This photo was posted on Page 2 by: freddie123 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 Hayden11

Hayden Edward Vickers

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 Empty Re: Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Man Charged With 2-Year-Old's Murder Has Criminal Past

KTXS - Abilene, Tx

POSTED: 9:44 pm CST February 21, 2011
UPDATED: 7:18 am CST February 22, 2011

ABILENE, Texas -- Franklin Ramey Jr. has a number of past run-in's with the law, but it's one in particular that stands out especially now that Ramey was charged with killing 2-year-old Hayden Vickers.

The home in the 2400 block of South 3rd is where Abilene Police responded to a call of injury to a child.

There they found 2-year-old Hayden Vickers with head trauma from abuse.

Read more: http://www.ktxs.com/news/26946510/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:16 am

Abilene family remembers toddler as a joy, says he's in a better place

By Celinda Emison

Posted February 22, 2011 at 10:31 p.m. CST

It was a tragic end to a life that was short-lived when 2-year-old Hayden Vickers died at a Fort Worth hospital, the apparent victim of severe and deadly abuse.

"It is so surreal," said the boy's father, Ralph Fernandez. "I find solace in the fact that my son is in a better place and he doesn't feel the pain we feel here on earth."

Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 31, was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree murder in connection with Hayden's death.

On Tuesday, Ramey remained in custody at the Taylor County Jail on a $500,000 bond that was set Monday. However, jail officials said Tuesday that Ramey is not eligible to get out on bond because of a parole violation on a felony burglary charge.

Read more:
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/22/family-remembers-toddler-as-a-joy-says-hes-in-a/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 am

Another one dies at the hands of mom's boyfriend....... Sad

When are these mothers going to learn these boyfriends don't want another man's "offspring" under their feet and they feel like they can do anything they want to them. This pig couldn't care less about this little boy. Another precious child beaten to death.

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 Ramey_10
Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 31, Baby Killer
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:52 am

Hi, Piper!

Thank you for posting the picture! I have not seen a picture of Baby Vickers yet.

Hayden had 8 surgeries and spent one year in the hospital during his short life. Then a monster like this hits Hayden's head so hard that it severed his retina.

I noticed the mother is saying she did not know he had a criminal history, blah, blah, blah. What? She did not bother to check him out?

This is so tragic. Hayden was a twin.

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, Hayden! ~ ~ ~
afro Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I called Girdner Funeral Home, Abilene, Tx. They are in charge of the funeral arrangements for Hayden Vickers. The arrangements are not private and are as follows:

Visitation:

Thursday, 2-24-11 from 6 to 8 p.m. CST

Funeral Service:

Friday, 2-25-11 at 2 p.m. CST

Church on the Rock
1228 Grape St.
Abilene, Tx

Burial:

Fort Phantom Baptist Church Cemetery
11343 S FM 600
Abilene, Tx

~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace, Hayden! ~ ~ ~ afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Ann, are you close to Abilene? Does the Abilene paper have a picture of this precious baby in their obit?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Ann, thank you so much for the update. Mama, I can't find a picture of this precious baby.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 am

Ann - Tx wrote:Abilene family remembers toddler as a joy, says he's in a better place

By Celinda Emison

Posted February 22, 2011 at 10:31 p.m. CST

It was a tragic end to a life that was short-lived when 2-year-old Hayden Vickers died at a Fort Worth hospital, the apparent victim of severe and deadly abuse.

"It is so surreal," said the boy's father, Ralph Fernandez. "I find solace in the fact that my son is in a better place and he doesn't feel the pain we feel here on earth."

Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 31, was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree murder in connection with Hayden's death.

On Tuesday, Ramey remained in custody at the Taylor County Jail on a $500,000 bond that was set Monday. However, jail officials said Tuesday that Ramey is not eligible to get out on bond because of a parole violation on a felony burglary charge.

Read more:
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/22/family-remembers-toddler-as-a-joy-says-hes-in-a/

This is a really sad article. Sad
Rest in Peace Hayden. Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 643974
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 am

sitemama, I am about 7 hours away from Abilene. It is in west Texas and I am in southeast Texas.

I see Julie checked and could not find a pic of Hayden. So far, the Abilene news media have not published a pic of Hayden.

Julie can find anything! If she could not find a pic of Hayden, I guess one has not been published in the media yet.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:32 am

Yes, Julie, that article is very sad. Made me cry for Hayden.

These mothers and their boyfriends! This guy has a criminal history and the mother of Hayden said she didn't know about it. Same song; different tune!

Duh! Check him out!
~~~~~

Piper, regarding the update . . . you are welcome!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:22 am

Hayden's middle name is Edward. This was in the Abilene Reporter-News, Abilene, Tx on 2/22/11.

Hayden Edward Vickers

Hayden Edward Vickers, 2, died Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011, in Fort Worth. Arrangements pending with Girdner Funeral Home.
_______

~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace Hayden Edward Vickers ~ ~ ~ afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:06 am

Ann, I actually did look for a picture of Hayden, (so did Piper) and couldn't find one yet. I did see one on the Google image page, a little boy wearing a blue winter hat, listed on a facebook page but I don't think that is him. (Ann, I pm'd it to you.)

It is so sad that he went through so much before the age of 2, (born at 25 weeks, cerebral palsy, 8 surgeries before age 2,) and was just learning how to crawl and talk, and then this monster hits him so hard, it left a fist print on his head. So so sad!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by freddie123 Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 pm

We miss Hayden very much.

Last edited by freddie123 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Legal issues)

freddie123

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:07 am

Welcome to RC Freddie123. Are you a relative? Please tell us the other side, as all we know is what we have read in the media.

Hope you are o.k. and able to cope with this tragedy. If we can help in any way, please let us know.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:10 am

freddie123 wrote: Edited at the request of freddie123: First sentence removed by Ann-Tx.

We miss Hayden very much.
Hi, freddie123!

Welcome to Reality Chatter!

Thank you for posting on Hayden's thread. I assume you are a family member. I wish to express my deepest, heartfelt sympathy to the family of precious Hayden. Based on media reports, Hayden sounds as though he overcame a lot in his little short life.

Without a doubt, Hayden was a special, precious child. I don't know but I can understand your pain and grief over the loss of precious Hayden. Knowing and understanding are two different things. Please understand I am not even trying to imply I know how you feel; only you know how you feel over the tragic loss of Hayden.

Any comments here are based on the main stream articles we have read. I, as many here, do not intend to offend any family members of Hayden. Our comments are our opinions and are not facts related to the case. As you know, every one is entitled to their own opinion. I may not agree with some one on many of the cases we cover here at Reality Chatter, but I respect their right to their opinion.

Ultimately, justice for Hayden will be served in a Court of Law by the State of Texas.

There are so many cases of child abuse, missing children and murdered children throughout the United States. Unfortunately, Reality Chatter can not have a separate thread for every victim of child abuse and/or child murder. I am pleased that Hayden Vickers can have a dedicated thread here at Reality Chatter.

As an active child's advocate, I will personally follow this case closely and ensure that all main stream media articles are posted on his thread. I, like many here, support justice for Hayden!

As of now, main stream media has not posted a picture of Hayden. If you or any one would like to provide Reality Chatter with a picture of Hayden, we will be honored to post it on this special thread for Hayden. If you know how to post pictures, please feel free to post a picture or pictures of Hayden on this thread.

We are hoping media will post a picture of Hayden soon so he, like many other children who have gone way before their time, can have a face with their name.

freddie123, thank you for posting here and you and other family members and friends are most welcomed to post on Hayden's thread. Please be assured you will be treated with respect. The majority of our members here are comprised of a dedicated, compassionate group that advocate for children.

~ ~ ~ Justice for Hayden Vickers ~ ~ ~ afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:36 am

Due to other obligations and a computer problem, I have not been able to search for and post articles pertaining to Hayden Vickers the past few days.

I will post this but please note the date. Thanks!
~~~~~

UPDATE: Mom's Boyfriend Charged in Toddler's Death

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
KTAB/KRBC - Abilene, Tx

Tuesday, February 22 2011

Update:
The man charged in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son won't be getting out of jail any time soon. Franklin Ramey has been charged with parole violation related to a previous burglary charge.

Because of that, the Texas Department Of Criminal Justice says Ramey is not eligible to be released on the $500,000 bond that was set on Monday.

The victim, Hayden Vickers, was a special needs child who leaves behind two sisters; one of them his twin.

Read more:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344586

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 am

sitemama wrote:Welcome to RC Freddie123. Are you a relative? Please tell us the other side, as all we know is what we have read in the media.

Hope you are o.k. and able to cope with this tragedy. If we can help in any way, please let us know.

Welocome to RC, freddie123. I agree with Mama, (Sitemama), we would love to hear more from you.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by freddie123 Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:54 am

We will get some pictures together and post them.
Give us a day or so to put the appropriate pictures up.

Thank you,

Blessings!

freddie123

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 am

freddie, we all look forward to seeing some pictures of Hayden.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 am

Hi, freddie123!

Thank you for your willingness to post some pictures of Hayden on his thread here at RC.

We look forward to associating a picture or pictures of Hayden with his name.

Please feel free to comment and let us know what a precious little boy Hayden was.

I have a special place in my heart for special needs children. At one time, I did volunteer work for the Special Olympics (for special needs children).

By reading about Hayden in the media articles, he captured my heart.

May Hayden rest in peace in the loving arms of our dear Lord!

afro Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 am

Hi freddie123 and welcome to RC. I have a 5 year old special needs niece and I cannot imagine anyone laying a finger on her. The special needs child struggles daily with issues many of us take for granted. Their spirit is beautiful to witness, as little as they are, how they cope with their health issues. It's quite amazing to me how they take it in stride and move forward, with little baby steps. For anyone to take the life of any child, let alone a special needs child, is pure evil.

I would love to see this little angels face. If you are related, I am so very sorry for your loss of this precious baby.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by freddie123 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:14 pm

This is a semi recent picture of Hayden.

freddie123

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi, freddie123!

Thank you for the beautiful picture of Hayden! He was a beautiful (handsome) little boy.

We can now associate his sweet little face with his name.

~~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Hayden! ~ ~ ~ afro ā™„ļø
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:44 pm

Thank you freddie, Hayden was absolutely precious!

afro
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:24 am

Oh my, what a precious little angel! Thank you so much for sharing Hayden's picture, it means a lot.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 pm

The following article is dated 2-21-11.

It includes a video with snippets of an interview with Haydan's mother, Amber Vickers, and Haydan's great grandmother, Vivian Wilkes.

Of note, Haydan's body temperature was only 83 degrees when he got to the hospital.

Also, Haydan's family donated his organs. Amber, Haydan's mother, said she takes some solace in the fact that other babies will have a new chance at life because of Hayden.

That is very nice. Another baby will have a chance at life.
~~~~~~

Abilene Man Charged for Murder of Special Needs Two-Year-Old

Reported by: Jessica Reyes
KTAB/KRBC - Abilene, Tx

Monday, February 21 2011

An Abilene man is behind bars for allegedly killing his girlfriend's son.

Police arrested Franklin Ramey Jr. just before noon Monday and charged him with the murder of two-year-old Hayden Vickers. He's being held in the Taylor County Jail on a $500,000 bond.

The boy's mother, Amber Vickers, said she can't believe someone she trusted could do this.

"He was a perfect little angel," she said.

Vickers describes her only son as a fun-loving toddler.

Read more:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344766

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks for the article & video, Ann.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I have not seen any articles about Franklin Ramey, Jr or the Hayden Vickers case in a long time.

I searched the Taylor County Jail (Abilene, Tx) records and it appears Vickers is still in jail and being held on a $500,000 bond.

There is no date by RELEASED which indicates he is still in jail if these records are accurate.
~~~~~~
Taylor County Jail - Abilene, Tx: Ramey, Franklin Edward, Jr.

Booking #: 038740 Abilene Police Department

Facility: Booked: 02/21/2011

Released:

Name Ramey, Franklin Edward, Jr.

Alias Ramey, Frank

SO # 68727

DOB 02/19/1980

Address 2814 S 3RD ST
Abilene, TX 79601

Desc White Male 5' 6" 160 lbs
Hair Brown
Eyes Blue

Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition

Warrantless/On-View MURDER 02/19/2011 500,000.00
Surety Bond rejected

06187104 PAROLE VIOL/BURG HAB BPP

1B-128618 MURDER 02/19/2011 500,000.00
Surety Bond
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ramey, Franklin Edward, Jr.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:35 pm

This is the Criminal Case records search for Taylor County, Tx.:

RE: Ramey, Franklin Edward, Jr.

Case Number
18110-B

Citation Number

Defendant Info
02/19/1980

Filed/Location
05/12/2011
104th District Court

Type/Status
Adult Felony
Filed

Charge(s)
MURDER
MURDER
INJURY TO A CHILD

Source:
http://69.39.36.76/Search.aspx?ID=100&NodeID=100%2c101%2c102%2c103%2c200%2c201%2c202%2c203%2c204%2c400%2c401%2c402%2c403%2c404%2c405&NodeDesc=All+Courts
Taylor County, Tx - Court Records via VINE

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:52 pm

http://www.taylorcountytexas.org/104th.html
Taylor County, Tx - 104th District Court

Honorable Lee Hamilton, 104th District Court Judge

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:58 pm

http://www.taylorcountytexas.org/district.html
State of Texas - County of Taylor

Office of the District Clerk
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Ann, why are there two murder charges?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Per the State of Texas - County of Taylor - Office of the District Clerk,
the jury trial of Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr. is scheduled for 11/14/11.

Application For Subpoena was filed on 10-31-11 and numerous subpoenas have been served from
11-1-11 thru 11-3-11.

10/31/2011 Application For Subpoena

State (17) - F Shoemaker - S Rollins - W McDaniel - M Krouse - S Clark - A Vickers - E Bennett - R Antilley - R Vickers - D Gray - L Easterling - S Samuelson - CA Bain #3487 - V Wilkes - MB Peters Corselio - R Trevino - F Solis

The following have been served with subpoenas thru 11-3-11:

11/01/2011 Subpoena Served
F.Solis
1 pages

11/01/2011 Subpoena Served
F.Shoemaker, S.Rollins, W.Mcdaniel, E.Bennett, R.Antilley, D.Gray
2 pages

11/02/2011 Application For Subpoena
State (1) E. Vickers

11/03/2011 Subpoena Served
Amber Vickers

Rhonda Vickers

Rachel Trevino

Vivian Wilkes

Marc Krouse

Larry Easterling

Mary Beth Peters Corselio

Summer Clark

11/14/2011 Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hamilton, Lee)
06/09/2011 Reset by Court to 08/22/2011
08/22/2011 Reset by Court to 11/14/2011

Source:
http://69.39.36.76/default.aspx
Taylor County, Tx - Records Inquiry

All of the above bolded/colored by: Ann-Tx

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I will be monitoring this trial closely. I hope the greater Big Country area media will cover this trial.

As a Texas advocate for children, I plan to e-mail and/or phone the key Big Country media and request coverage of this trial.

Hayden Vickers deserves to have his horrific death covered by the trial of Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr.

I support justice for Hayden Vickers and I do hope Ramey, Jr. is found guilty as charged!

~ ~ ~ Justice for Hayden Vickers! ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:40 pm

freddie123 wrote:This is a semi recent picture of Hayden.

~ ~ ~ Justice for Hayden Vickers! ~ ~ ~ ā™„ļø afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Photo courtesy: Taylor County Jail - Abilene, TX
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:40 pm

This is a Press Release from the Abilene Police Department - Abilene, Tx / 2-21-11.
pdf:

http://www.abilenepolice.org/documents/press_releases/Hayden_Vickers.pdf
Abilene Police.org - Press Release - Child Homicide/Hayden Vickers
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 pm

I have confirmed, with the staff of Judge Lee Hamilton, the trial is scheduled for
Monday, 11-14-11, at 9 a.m. CST
. Judge Hamilton's court docket is not available on-line.

Also, I sent e-mails to the main stream media in the greater Abilene, Tx area. Per their reply, they will be covering the Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr. trial.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Ann...you are amazing. Thank you so much for all you do! Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 803492
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 am

FystyAngel, you are welcome! Thank you for the beautiful roses!

I am dedicated to supporting justice for the victim.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:20 am

Charges: Ramey, Franklin Edward, Jr. Statute Level Date

1. MURDER 19.02(b)(1) First Degree Felony 02/19/2011
2. MURDER 19.02(b)(1) First Degree Felony 02/19/2011
3. INJURY TO A CHILD 22.04 (f) Third Degree Felony 02/19/2011

Source: http://69.39.36.76/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=16943986
Taylor County District Clerk - Case Detail

Here is the State of Texas Penal Code for Chapter 19 - Criminal Homicide.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER.

(b) A person commits an offense if he:(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

The above is for Statue 19.02(b)(1). First degree felony.

Source:
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.19.htm
State of Texas - Statues - Penal Code - Chapter 19

Injury to a Child - 22.04 (f)

Here is the State of Texas Penal Code for Chapter 22 - ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES.

Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL

(f) An offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a felony of the third degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly. When the conduct is engaged in recklessly it shall be a state jail felony.

Source:
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm
State of Texas - Statues - Penal Code - Chapter 22

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by rpozos11 Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm

I canĀ“t believe it!!! So sad Sad
rpozos11
rpozos11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 pm

The trial of Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr is suppose to start Monday, 11-14-11, with jury selection. Judge Lee Hamilton presiding!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:39 pm

I just did another check with the State of Texas - County of Taylor - Office of the District Clerk.

The following have been added since my last inquiry (see: by Ann - Tx on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:26 pm).

11/07/2011 Subpoena Served
S Samuelson

E Vickers

CA Bain # 3487

11/09/2011 Application For Subpoena
State (5) - J LaFrance - A Lambe - D Schneider - K Terry - J Jackson

11/14/2011 Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hamilton, Lee)

06/09/2011 Reset by Court to 08/22/2011
08/22/2011 Reset by Court to 11/14/2011

Source:

http://69.39.36.76/default.aspx
Taylor County, Tx - Court Records Inquiry
_________

Based on this and the fact there is no Reset, the trial should start Monday, 11/14/11, with jury selection!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I am going to snip info that was posted last week regarding the trial of Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr. It was included in the lower part of an article regarding another story. I won't post the article like I normally would.

The title of the following article is not in regard to the Ramey trial.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/nov/07/family-members-of-abilene-baby-whom-police-say-a/
Abilene Reporter News Abilene, Tx 11-7-11

Family members of Abilene baby whom police say was shaken say they have regained a degree of normalcy

Snipped:

Meanwhile, another case involving the alleged abuse of a young child is expected to go to trial next week in 104th District Court.

Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 31, faces life in prison if convicted in the February death of 2-year-old Hayden Vickers.

On Feb. 18, Abilene police responded to a report of an injured child in the 2400 block of South Third Street, where officers found the boy with injuries consistent with "abusive head trauma."

The toddler was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, and then was flown to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth, where he later died.

Ramey was arrested and charged with murder three days later.

According to police, Ramey was the only adult present when the incident occurred.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I found this in archives at the Abilene Reporter News dated 10-14-11:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/oct/14/homicidessuspicious-deaths/
Abilene Reporter News Abilene, Tx 10-14-11

2011 homicides and suspicious deaths in Abilene

Posted October 14, 2011 at 11 p.m.

Here is a look at the homicides and suspicious deaths that have taken place in Abilene this year:

Snipped:

Hayden Vickers, 2

Died of abusive head trauma on Feb. 19 after being flown to a Fort Worth hospital. His mother's boyfriend, Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., was arrested after the incident and indicted in May on a charge of murder.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Webcast: Jury Selection Underway for Abilene Murder Trial

Reported by: Josh Berry and Monica Tassoni
KTAB/KRBC - Abilene, Tx

Monday, November 14 2011

A man who is charged with killing a 2-year-old twin is on trial today.

A jury is being picked for Franklin Edward Ramey Jr's murder trial.

Read more:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=436387
_________

Note: In the video, at the 47 second mark, the reporter talks about the Ramey trial.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm

freddie 123, I know because of Franklin Ramey's (Jr.) impending trial and now that the trial is finally underway, you have not been able to comment here or PM me. I don't know if you are even allowed to read any thing regarding this case. Hopefully, after the trial, you will be able to read Hayden's thread here.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Hayden's family. I think of precious Hayden often.

There has been limited Abilene area media coverage on this case. Maybe it was a good thing so the jury pool would not be contaminated.

Now that the trial is underway with jury selection, I am hoping the greater Abilene area media will cover the trial. Hayden's story needs to be told. Hayden was a precious, innocent child and did not deserve the horrific abuse that resulted in his death.

I wish I lived closer to Abilene. I would attend Ramey's trial in support of justice for Hayden. I will be thinking of you and your family during the trial.

I hope Franklin Edward Ramey, Jr. is found guilty as charged.

~ ~ ~ Justice for Hayden Vickers! ~ ~ ~ afro Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Jury Selection Begins For Man Accused Of Killing Two-Year-Old Boy

By Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
Abilene, Tx

POSTED: 7:09 pm CST November 14, 2011
UPDATED: 7:21 pm CST November 14, 2011

Hayden Vickers -- Deceased 2/19/11 29769557_640X360

ABILENE, Texas -- Jury selection is underway in the murder trial for Franklin Ramey Jr., who is accused of killing his girlfriend's two-year-old boy.

Read more:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/29769536/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next