Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand

+2
LottieM
Piper
6 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand

Post by Piper Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 am

Defense May Rest Its Case In Casey Anthony Trial

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand 28404418_320X180

Updated: 8:18 am EDT June 30, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense team is expected to wrap up its case on Thursday, 43 days after jury selection began in her murder trial, though it's still not known if Casey will take the stand.

Thursday marks day 43, including jury selection, in Casey's trial. She's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

The jurors who will decide Casey’s fate could begin their deliberations as early as this weekend.

More than 30 days after testimony began, the jury heard some of the most emotional statements from Casey’s father, George Anthony, as he wept and told the court about his suicide attempt.

“I needed at that time to go be with Caylee, ‘cause I believe I failed her,” said George Anthony.

The defense tried to show George wanted to kill himself because of guilt after he covered up Caylee's drowning, but they opened the door for prosecutors to ask George about his suicide note and the gun he bought to threaten some of Casey’s friends he suspected were involved in the toddler's death.

“You were going to use that gun to force them at gunpoint to tell you what they knew?" asked Jeff Ashton.

“Yes,” replied George Anthony.

The defense wrapped up its day with an expert witness on grief and guilt expert who was called to the stand to explain Casey’s behavior just after Caylee's death.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/news/28404300/detail.html

Last edited by Piper on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand

Post by LottieM Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Well the Defense rested and No Casey on the stand....I really thought she was going to when she came back from lunch break with make-up on.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand

Post by Piper Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Casey Will Not Testify In Murder Trial; Defense Rests

Casey Anthony Trial Day 32: Defense Rests, Casey Doesn't Take The Stand 28408900_320X180

Updated: 5:05 pm EDT June 30, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony told a judge that she will not testify in her murder trial, and that it was her own decision not to take the stand. The defense has rested its case.

Casey is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

Casey's decision to not testify has unsubstantiated her attorneys' contention that Caylee wasn't killed, but accidentally drowned.

Thursday marked day 43, including jury selection, in Casey's trial. She entered the courtroom just before 8:30 a.m., wearing a grey shirt and her hair pulled back in a long ponytail.

George Anthony's suicide note was shown in court to the jury. Some of the things that George wrote in the note were, "I'm tripping out," "Caylee here I come," and "I'm Sorry."

Also, Casey's attorneys never produced any witnesses bolstering the claim made in last month's opening statements that she had acted without apparent remorse in the weeks after her daughter's death because she had been molested by her father, George Anthony, as a child, resulting in emotional problems.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28404300/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Lottie - I was hoping, but deep down I didn't think she would.

What are your thoughts on the dead and buried Anthony pets?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm

On the dead and buried Anthony pets...

First, bad idea of Baez to bring that up!

I know what he was trying to insinuate...he had tried to say earlier on that the duct tape found on Caylee had worked its way to her skull from first being placed on the outside of the bag. From that he was hoping to imply that George, being familiar with wrapping the pets that way (in double garbage bags as well) had also wrapped Caylee up that way/around the outside of the bag.

But all he really did with this pet wrapping/double bagging family practice was to show why KC chose to do it that way...in the double bags anyhow....

Boze seems to not have noticed that he can't say or suggest there was any duct tape on the garbage bags Caylee was in because if there had been it would have still been stuck to pieces of the bag...I mean, it's not going to come off of plastic.

Second, I think since George and Cindy carefully disposed of their pets like that they would not have thrown Caylee in the swamp. If anything she would have been buried in the backyard.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Casey Anthony Defense Rests Case

Prosecutors To Present Rebuttal Next

UPDATED: 1:41 pm EDT June 30, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense rested its case Thursday.

Anthony's defense called numerous witnesses to the stand over 13 days of court proceedings, including members of Anthony's family, investigators and forensic experts.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's death, but the defense claimed in opening statements that the young girl's death was not murder but rather an accident.

Anthony told Perry Thursday she decided not to testify.

Defense attorney Jose Baez told the jury May 24 that Caylee drowned in an above-ground swimming pool in the back yard of the Anthony family home on June 16, 2008. He said George Anthony knew about the incident.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28394930/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Casey Won't Testify; Defense Rests In Eventful Trial Day

Updated: 8:22 pm EDT June 30, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It was an eventful day in Casey Anthony's murder trial on Thursday. Casey told a judge that she will not testify in her trial, the defense rested its case, her father's alleged mistress testified, as well as her parents and brother, George's suicide note was shown to the court, and to top off the day, Judge Belvin Perry sentenced a 28-year-old man to six days in jail for giving the middle finger to prosecutor Jeff Ashton while court was in session.

Casey is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. Her decision to not testify has unsubstantiated her attorneys' contention that Caylee wasn't killed, but accidentally drowned.

CASEY SAYS NO TO TESTIFYING: Video | Images
DAY 43: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 43
8-PAGE SUICIDE LETTER: See Images | Raw Video
RAW COURT VIDEO: Man Flips Ashton The Bird
BIRD FLIPPER FACES JUDGE: Raw Video
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
IN COURT: Casey, Parents, Lawyers, Witness
VIDEO REPORT: Defense Rests Its Case
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Thursday marked day 43, including jury selection, in Casey's trial. She entered the courtroom just before 8:30 a.m., wearing a grey shirt and her hair pulled back in a long ponytail.

Casey's attorneys also never produced any witnesses bolstering the claim made in last month's opening statements that she had acted without apparent remorse in the weeks after her daughter's death because she had been molested by her father as a child, resulting in emotional problems.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28404300/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 pm

If you don't watch all the videos, at least watch #5. When GA is excused and leaves the stand, he looks directly at KC and does the 'hand washing' motion to her. Like he is washing his hands of her. Very impressive. It is around the 14 minute mark.

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm

After watching the woman that says she had an affair with George on the stand today, then watching an interview on HLN....I believe George DID have an affair with her. SO....with this thinking...I ponder....IF George can have an affair with another woman with CAYLEE MISSING....why should we not believe that KC could carry on as she did for that 31 days? It seems to me that this WHOLE family is so screwed up!

Sad....so so sad for poor Caylee. God works in mysterious ways...RIP Dear Caylee.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

I don't know if I believe George had an affair or not yet....but I do believe it is possible- since River said she made the first move, that she got him hot and bothered and he might have gone ahead with it....and then he might have used sex to make himself feel better emotionally like that grief expert said happens sometimes. then after Caylee's remains were found he probably was in a different grief mindset and wasn't interested anymore.

Also, I hope that Donna woman who thinks she's Caylee's grandmother really is....that way we know Caylee is up there with her Daddy.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 am

I too think GA had the affair with River, and I would love to shake his hand and congratulate him. If you were married to someone like Cindy, wouldn't you look for someone the exact opposite of her.

I am so glad that he was able to 'sleep' with River several times, it proves he is still a man and CA doesn't have his entire private parts in her pocket.

But that has nothing to do with Caylee's murder. He was looking for someone to console him, becuz he thought his precious Caylee was MISSING.

KC already knew Caylee was dead, her actions were much worse.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:38 am

George Anthony's Suicide Note (Full Text)

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/172516/20110630/george-anthony-s-suicide-note-full-text.htm
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down