Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Justice System is out of Balance :(

3 posters

Go down

Our Justice System is out of Balance :( Empty Our Justice System is out of Balance :(

Post by LottieM Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 am

I think we've all seen for a very long time that our Justice System here in the USA favors the Defendant. Victims' rights have been going down the tube for a very long time.

But this case has shown us that things need to seriously be reevaluated because in this case the Defense Attorneys were allowed to outright knowingly LIE!

This is a horrible imbalance of justice when the Defense can LIE and DECEIVE on purpose, and the Prosecution must work very hard to try to tell only the truth as the evidence suggests. Nothing good or fair can come from this....it makes us no better than those countries where courts allow the killing of women who get raped.

How would I change things? Simple....any attorney should be ethical and not lie on purpose. Since if the prosecution were to lie on purpose they'd be charged AND the case would be retried, I think the same thing should hold true for the Defense...if they lie - as in can't back up what they say with some reasonable evidence- then they have misled justice and the case should be retried.

I just get disgusted with our justice system when it is all for the defendant and the not-so-much for the victim or state. When someone is accused of committing some horrible thing, even if it is against a single person, it is still against the rest of us out here too who have to have such persons living amongst us making the world less safe if this person is allowed to run free.

While I do certainly believe the accused should not be found guilty of a crime unless the evidence is beyond reasonable doubt, I also think there should be some way of describing reasonable doubt better than just 'if you don't believe it'.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Our Justice System is out of Balance :( Empty Re: Our Justice System is out of Balance :(

Post by Sherry Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Well said, LottieM!!!

The Florida State Attorney General’s Office should investigate these jurors and force them to give a full account as to how they spent the 9.5 hours. The Attorney General should also check their case law and determine whether it’s acceptable for a state licensed attorney to use outrageous and unethical strategies in defense of a client. Baez’s strategy was the most dishonorable spectacle that any of us have ever seen in American legal history. At least the O.J. jurors had an excuse. The gloves didn't fit. These jurors have none whatsoever.

http://caseyanthonyjurors.weebly.com/

This is the best, detailed post I've read about the whole jury and defense team fiasco of the trial.[flash][/flash]

Last edited by Sherry on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Our Justice System is out of Balance :( Empty Re: Our Justice System is out of Balance :(

Post by Piper Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I agree with both of you. And what about Caylee, the helpless 2 year old victim that was duct taped, triple bagged and thrown in a swamp! I'm still so disgusted over the defense tactics and jury verdict I could just scream. Baez didn't plan on having Casey Anthony physically stuck to his hip, have fun with that. Casey Anthony's judgement day will come. And everyone else involved in this will feel that wrath as well, and that includes the jury.

Thanks for the link, Sherry.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 pm

I just finished reading that piece, that says it all!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down