Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX

+7
Estee
Sherry
sitemama
Gia
Trueblue
Justice4all
Ann - Tx
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX Empty Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Police probe video of judge allegedly beating his teenage daughter in 2004

November 2, 2011 - Updated at 04:41 PM CDT

KTRK - Houston, TX

ROCKPORT, TX -- A Texas family law judge says he did nothing wrong when he repeatedly lashed his 16-year-old daughter with a belt in a widely circulated YouTube video.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge Williams Adams told Corpus Christi television station KZTV on Wednesday that the footage "looks worse than it is." In an on-camera interview, Adams told the station he was simply disciplining his daughter for stealing.

Rockport police launched an investigation Wednesday after receiving calls from people who saw the video online. The nearly 8-minute clip has been viewed more than 600,000 times on YouTube since being uploaded last week.

Snipped:

Aransas County Sheriff Bill Mills said Wednesday that Adams, a family law judge who handles child abuse cases, has disconnected his phone because of threatening calls and faxes after the video went viral. Mills said Adams told him he did not plan to go to his office at the courthouse Wednesday.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8415857

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX Empty Re: Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:18 pm

WARNING: Graphic - 16 year old being beaten with a belt and vulgar language

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Uploaded by shoehedgie on Oct 27, 2011

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o&has_verified=1
You-Tube
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX Empty Re: Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:24 pm

This story of Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams is the big news maker this evening.

This judge needs to be removed from the bench! In my opinion, he certainly should not be allowed to ever hear child abuse cases again.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Multiple updates from a Corpus Christi, TX TV station. Keep scrolling down!

Corpus Christi is near Rockport, Tx.
_________

Judge Videotaped Beating Daughter - Full Coverage

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#!prettyPhoto/0/
KZTV Corpus Christi, Tx 11-2-11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:01 pm

This makes me sick. It is definitely a conflict of interest for him to ever hear a child abuse case again. I doubt there is any way he will ever be re-elected, but whenever his term ends isn't soon enough. He needs to be removed from the bench immediately.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Justice, the video is very disturbing to watch.

The greater Houston area news is covering this story and have sent reporters to the Corpus Christi area.

I noticed other Texas media outlets have picked up the story also.

Just as I clicked on Anderson Cooper earlier, I saw the end of whatever he covered regarding this story. In other words, I missed it!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Judge's Daughter Posts Video of Beating for World to See
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 8:24 PM

by Keaton Fox
KRIS - Corpus Christi, TX

ROCKPORT, Texas -- Hillary Adams says what you see in the video was her life for years.

She taped it in 2004, now releasing it to the world, and to hundreds of thousands of people.

On the phone this afternoon, she explained to me why now was the right time:

Read more:

http://www.kristv.com/news/judge-s-daughter-posts-video-of-beating-for-world-to-see/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:04 pm

The Judge made headlines on CNN:
_______

Texas judge confirms video of him beating daughter, says 'I lost my temper'

By Tracy Sabo and Ashley Hayes, CNN

updated 8:43 PM EST, Wed November 2, 2011

Dallas (CNN) -- A Texas judge faces a police investigation and judicial probe after a video showing him beating his then-16-year-old disabled daughter was posted on the Internet.

The graphic video drew international outrage after it was posted by a woman who said she was the victim of the beating seven years ago -- and that her parents, including her father, Aransas County, Texas, Court-At-Law Judge William Adams -- were the ones seen beating and cursing at her in the video.

On Wednesday afternoon, Judge Adams was temporarily relieved of his duties for the next two weeks, and a visiting judge will take over his caseload while the matter is being investigated, according to the office of Aransas County Administrative Judge Burt Mills.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/?hpt=hp_t2
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Judge's daughter: I hope beating video makes dad get help

by Associated Press
KHOU - Houston, TX

Posted on November 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Updated today at 6:00 PM

PORTLAND, Texas -- The 23-year-old daughter of a Texas family law judge says she feels some regret about posting video of him lashing her with a belt online, but that she hopes it forces him to get help.

The clip, recorded in 2004 and posted last week on YouTube, shows Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams lashing his then-teenage daughter more than a dozen times in the legs.

Read more and view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-launch-investigation-into-video-that-purportedly-shows-judge-beating-daughter-133103098.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 pm

November 2, 2011 11:19 PM

CBS News

Texas judge beating video causing outrage

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX JUDGE1_244x183
Judge William Adams (Aransas County Court)

(CBS/AP) PORTLAND, Texas - Police launched an investigation Wednesday into a Texas family law judge whose daughter posted a YouTube video of him savagely beating her with a belt during a tirade several years ago when she was a teenager.

The incident has resulted in a deluge of phone calls, emails and visits to the courthouse where Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams works, reports the American Bar Association Journal. Additionally, the ABA Journal reports that "Adams has agreed to take paid leave, his office has been closed and security has been enhanced at the courthouse. Jury duty has also been canceled for two days."

The nearly 8-minute video, which had been viewed more than 600,000 times since it was uploaded last week, shows Adams lashing his then-16-year-old daughter in the legs more than a dozen times and growing increasingly irate while she screams and refuses to turn over on a bed to be beaten.

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57316508/texas-judge-beating-video-causing-outrage/

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX Hillary_adams_AP11110204539_244x183
Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams,
walks outside her mother's home in Portland, Texas Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011.
(Credit: AP Photo/Chris Sherman)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:03 am

Video shows judge beating teen daughter

By LYNN BREZOSKY and EVA RUTH MORAVEC, STAFF WRITERS
Houston Chronicle - Houston, Tx

Updated 10:27 p.m., Wednesday, November 2, 2011

SAN ANTONIO - Aransas County officials and Rockport police are reviewing a video recently posted on YouTube that shows a county court-at-law judge beating his teenage daughter with a belt and cursing her as the girl's mother looks on.

"Obviously it is a very disturbing video. We in my office, as well as everyone on earth, is taking a look at it, at this time," said Aransas County Attorney Richard Bianchi, who confirmed that the man wielding the belt in the video is County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams.

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Video-shows-judge-beating-teen-daughter-2249586.php
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:18 am

Viral video of Aransas County court judge beating daughter ignites anger, sadness, death threats

Judge William Adams says the incident depicted in the video was not as bad as it appears and he didn't physically injure his daughter

By Mark Collette

Corpus Christi Caller Times
Corpus Christi, TX

Posted November 2, 2011 at 10:30 a.m.
Updated November 2, 2011 at 10:31 p.m.

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 420111102122049003_t607
Photo by MARK COLLETTE
The juries were already canceled before the video emerged. Visiting judges will sit on the court at law bench until further notice.

ARANSAS COUNTY — A seven-year-old video of an Aransas County family law judge and his then-wife lashing their daughter with a belt went viral online Wednesday, thrusting the family’s personal turmoil into an international spotlight. The video prompted a barrage of anger and threats from viewers that brought business at the county courthouse almost to a halt.

Hillary Adams, 23, uploaded the nearly eight-minute, secretly recorded video Oct. 27 with a note saying the beating delivered by her father, County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, and her mother, Hallie Adams, was punishment for Hillary using the Internet to illegally download games and music.

Judge Adams strikes Hillary, then 16, in the legs and buttocks with a belt more than dozen times and unleashes an expletive-laden tirade that includes threats to strike her face and promises of future beatings if she raises her voice or “you look at me wrong.”

At three minutes, the parents leave the room and the video appears to be over, but Judge Adams returns, saying, “I never got my lick in on her.”

“I’m going to beat you into submission,” he tells his daughter as he resumes the whippings.

Read more:

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/02/da-investigating-video-claim-aransas-county-judge/?partner=yahoo_feeds
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:58 am

Per info in the Corpus Christi Caller Times (local newspaper), Hillary Adams and her mother flew to New York and are suppose to appear on the Today Show on Thursday, 11-3-11.

This is posted on MSNBC - Today Show:

Judge's daughter: Hope beating video gets him help
Texas official admits it's him using belt on girl, says he has apologized

NBC, msnbc.com and news services

Updated 11/2/2011 8:08:16 PM ET 2011-11-03 T00:08:16

CORPUS CHRISTI — The 23-year-old daughter of a Texas family law judge says that she feels some regret about posting online video of her father violently beating her with a belt several years ago but that she hopes it forces him to get help.

The clip posted last week on YouTube shows Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams lashing his then-teenage daughter 17 times on the legs.

Read more:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45135221/ns/today-today_news/t/judges-daughter-hope-beating-video-gets-him-help/

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 111102-hillary-adams-5p.grid-6x2
Chris Sherman / AP

Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County's top judge William Adams, walks outside her mother's home in Portland, Texas, on Wednesday.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am

this judge should be removed from the bench and jailed for child abuse. The video brought back memories of my childhood whe my father beat me with a belt I just felt sick inside. although my father did not go to that extreme it still haunts me even yet and I am 72yrs of age.
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:42 am

Dr. Drew covered this case last night and he was livid. He explained how abuse of a young person hinders the development of their brain and often leads to the victims suffering addictions as adults and becoming abusers themselves. The way he explained it should make any parent think twice about ever hitting their children.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:37 am

I haven't read all the above posts and have only watched the video. I can't even find words to express what I felt watching this brutal beating. It's almost as if my insides have knotted up because this wasn't discipline, it was verbal and physical abuse.

Can anyone even begin to imagine how painful it must be to be lashed with a leather belt with such force and so many times? I lost track of the number of times he belted her. At the Hinky I counted 10 lashings before the video switched off and in this video there were at least 14.

So a definate yes to him being kicked off the bench. What a hypocrite to have performed any type of work, never mind being an esteemed judge, in family court. But over and above that ... he should be charged with physically abusing his daughter.

What decent man or father would say to his 16 yo daughter, "You don't deserve a f***ing thing in this house."

I get that the mother has since apologised ... but to be frank - they both disgust me.

Gia
Gia

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Daughter in beating video: Why I released it

Hillary Adams waited 7 years to post clip of brutal punishment at the hands of her father

MSNBC - Today Show

By Scott Stump
TODAY.com contributor
updated 11/3/2011 9:13:39 AM ET 2011-11-03T13:13:39

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

A disturbing viral video, taken 7 years ago and posted on YouTube last week by the daughter of a Texas judge, has turned a family’s private pain into a wave of public outcry.

The 7 ½-minute video, uploaded by 23-year-old Hillary Adams, shows Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams viciously whipping his then-16-year-old daughter with a strap.

It also depicts Hillary's mother, Hallie, participating. Both women spoke exclusively with Matt Lauer on TODAY Thursday about the furor the video has caused and the reasons for posting it seven years after it was taken.

Read more:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45146961/ns/today-today_people/t/daughter-beating-video-why-i-released-it/
~~~~~~~~~

You can view video full screen at above Link. Click on Transcript to read transcript.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 pm

DR. DREW

Lindsay Lohan Heading Back To Jail

Aired November 2, 2011 - 21:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/02/ddhln.01.html
Transcripts - CNN 11-2-11 - Dr. Drew Show

Snipped:

PINSKY: We`ll bring you back to keep on top of this story. I`ve got a couple of words here before we go, and it relates to the earlier story that I was so upset about in the beginning of the show, the beating of the daughter at the hands of her father. How much time do I actually have for this? I`ve got a lot to say. Can you tell me, guys? How much time? Forty seconds to say this. All right.

I feel like I could talk about this all evening. But, I want you to know that one incident of abuse can have a profound effect. I said this earlier, I want to say this again, on the brain. That is the organ that we are trying to develop in young children to get them to be healthy adults that can regulate their emotions, tolerate relationships, use their intellect.

All of that gets disrupted by abuse. It also disrupts trust. So, to the extent that there`s the ability to repair and the cause and allow for somebody to re-regulate their emotions, they can`t because they don`t trust anybody.

That`s it. I`ve got a lot more to say about this. We`ll continue to cover these stories. Remember, hlntv.com, head over there for more of my thoughts. Thanks for watching. I`ll see you tomorrow.

END
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 pm

I don't care what he says Hilary did. There is no reason or justification for using such excessive force to discipline a 16 yo. For crying out loud ... he is a grown man using excessive force and vulgar language on a young girl.

And saying that it looks worse than it is ... it is what it is and the fact that he sees nothing wrong with his behaviour is disgusting.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Judge: daughter used video to exact revenge for taking her car

By Lynn Brezosky
Houston Chronicle - Houston, Tx

Updated 07:47 p.m., Thursday, November 3, 2011

A family court judge shown beating his teenage daughter in a viral YouTube video was unapologetic Thursday, accusing his daughter of using her “disability” for sympathy and posting the graphic footage to exact revenge when he threatened to take her Mercedes away.

“If the public must know, just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she is was going to simply “drop out,” and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store,” Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adamssaid in a statement released by his lawyer. “Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it. The post was then uploaded.”

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-daughter-used-video-to-exact-revenge-for-2250395.php

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Texas judge beating video sparks debate on parent punishment

by Brad Woodard / KHOU 11 News
Houston, Tx

Posted on November 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Updated today at 6:38 PM

HOUSTON -- A Texas family law judge says his daughter posted a YouTube video of him beating her several years ago because he told her he was reducing her financial support and taking away her Mercedes.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams issued a statement through his lawyer on Thursday in which he questions his daughter Hillary’s motives for posting the secretly-made 2004 video online last week.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texas-judge-beating-video-sparks-debate-on-parent-punishment-133201633.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 pm

KZTV in Corpus Christi, TX has multiple updates (brief articles). Keep scrolling down to read the updates.

Currently:

Latest Post: 07:18 PM First Post: 11/02/2011 08:40 AM (14 stories) 13 pictures 16 videos

Latest Update District Attorney Says No Charges To Be Filed Against Judge Adams

KZTV - Corpus Christi, Tx

07:18 PM - November 3, 2011
by Ben Lloyd - KRIS - Corpus Christi, TX

ROCKPORT - The District Attorney overseeing Aransas County-San Patricio County has decided he will not pursue criminal charges against Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams.

Judge Adams has admitted to beating his daughter in a video she secretly recorded in 2004 and uploaded to the internet last week.

Read more:

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Is there a statue of limitation on beating your own child? Is this not child abuse, even if it is your own child?

They definitely need to press charges on him, and remove him from the bench. How can he oversee other child abuse cases when he himself does the same thing?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

This story re Judge Adams was featured on the first 30 minutes of the Nancy Grace Show tonight.

She really tried to put a spin on it. She should have consulted with Rockport Police Department Police Chief Tim Jayroe and Aransas County District Attorney Patrick Flanigan to get the FACTS before doing a segment on this!

She commented more than once that she and "Lady Justice" were coming after Judge Adams. She was rude to some of her guests. No surprise!

Nancy Grace will have no bearing on this situation! She needs to educate herself on Texas law and the statue of limitations.

I would also advise her to have an attorney from Texas who is knowledgeable about Texas law be a guest instead of some one from New York or wherever who does not know Texas law.

Judge Adams is still being investigated by the State of Texas - Judicial Conduct Commission and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

If I did not know any better or if I lived in another state and was not familiar with Texas law, statue of limitations or the investigative process, and I was gullible I would probably think Nancy Grace was one tough lady going after Judge Adams!

It really made my husband and I laugh at her tonight about going after Judge Adams!

I think Nancy Grace should stick with featuring missing children or get the facts regarding the status of Judge Adams before mouthing off!

I think the beating is very disturbing to watch. In my opinion, it constitutes child abuse. It is too bad that the mother was involved in the beating also. I would think Hillary would've had welts or bruises. The mother should have taken her to the Rockport Police Department after the beating and let RPD take pictures of Hillary. Charges should have been filed years ago. Of course, the mother is claiming she was verbally abused and brain washed! She did not come across as a timid person in the beating tape. Just my opinion.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:43 pm

ITA, re: your whole comment, Ann-Tx.

I understand that the mother has profusely apologized to her daughter and that her daughter has forgiven her. The father has downplayed the incident.

What is disturbing about this beating is that it was done out of sheer rage, evidenced by the cussing from the parents. This young woman must have come out of this beating thinking she was hated, not disciplined. I heard that she had cerebral palsy. And, at age 16, why the beating? Even a spanking at this age is an abuse, imo. Why not remove the computer rather than beating her?
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:52 am

Sherry, I agree. In the video, it appears the Judge is in a rage and the mother is cursing at her daughter also.

I personally do not know of any one that beats their 16 year old child with a belt (17 lashes). Forms of discipline I'm aware of for a teenager may include being grounded, no cell phone, no computer, no TV, no car/truck, etc. depending on why the child is being punished.

A friend of ours is a deputy with the Harris County Sheriff's Office (Houston). Last year he bought his son, a senior in high school who was a straight A student, a brand new truck for Christmas/birthday 2010.

In March of this year, his son skipped school, in the afternoon, twice within 2 weeks. Our friend took the keys to the truck and made his son ride the school bus for one month.

He also took away the cell phone because his son used the cell phone to call a friend who is a freshmen in college to arrange to pick his college friend up and they went to an area lake when he skipped school.

He did not beat his son. No truck; no cell phone for one month and ride the school bus for a month!

His son never skipped school again and continued to make straight A's.

The media has reported that Hillary said she has cerebral palsy(c.p.). However, per the judge, she does not have a disabling form of c. p.

Judge Adams should be ashamed of himself. Whether Hillary has c. p. or not, in my opinion, it is unacceptable to beat a 16 year old teen. There are other forms of punishment besides physical punishment.

They should have taken the computer away.

It has been reported, by the media, that Judge Adams has 3 years left in his current term of judgeship. If he is not removed from the bench, I doubt if the folks in Aransas County will re-elect him.

We go to Aransas Pass/Rockport several times a year to visit friends. Lots of nice folks in the area. I talked to one of our friends tonight and she said she and her husband were shocked when they saw the video. She said they know Judge Adams and he is always so nice.

Oh well . . . one never knows what goes on behind closed doors!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 am

This is a 3 page statement from Judge Adams via his attorney, William A. Dudley. (pdf):

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Judge+Adams+statement.pdf
pdf - 11-3-11
_____

Source:
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texas-judge-beating-video-sparks-debate-on-parent-punishment-133201633.html
KHOU Houston, TX 11-3-11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 am

State of Texas official site:

http://www.scjc.state.tx.us/
State of Texas - State Commission on Judicial Conduct
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 am

The comments made by Judge Adams since this story came out indicate that he doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior and doesn't want to change. He is trying to turn things around and make his daughter the bad guy, but whatever her reason was for releasing the video doesn't change the despicable behavior he displayed on the video.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:06 am

IMHO he's lucky she didn't report it when it happened...Some of the kids today threaten their parents with "I'll call protective services if you lay a hand on me."...It really is a shame being that he knew better...He probably told her that no one would believe her...Obviously he was out of control...When things get heated one should stop, think and re-think...Who was acting childish??? I can recall many a time when I told my kids...cool off, let me cool off and then we will discuss the matter in a civil manner...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 am

Aaaah not enough time for me to read all the comments but I wanted to say this because otherwise later I'll have forgotten what my thoughts were.

IMO the daughters actions which led to the beating are irrelevant, and her reasons for releasing the video are irrelevant. What is relevant is that this man, regardless of whether he is a jugde, a street sweeper or a drug addict, hit his daughter in a way that constitutes physical abuse. He acted towards her in a way that no decent man or father would.

In a nutshell the video of his actions perfectly illustrates what he did. It is exactly what we saw. So how can it look worse and how can there be an explanation to justify it?

To this father I say BS
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm

One clear verdict: Judge William Adams should resign
Should the Aransas County Court-at-law judge step down?

Vote in our poll

By Editorial Board*
Corpus Christi Caller Times
Corpus Christi, Tx

Posted November 4, 2011 at 3 a.m.
Updated November 4, 2011 at 6:26 a.m.

CORPUS CHRISTI — By now millions have watched the 7½-minute video of an Aransas County judge beating his teenage daughter with a belt. The video is, or should be, an ordeal to watch, even for those who firmly believe in raising a firm hand to their children, and who were administered a firm hand when they were children. What transpires in the video crosses the line beyond acceptable administration of a firm hand, within the first few seconds. And then, disturbingly, the beating continues intermittently through the entire video.

Read more:

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/04/one-clear-verdict-judge-adams-should-resign/
_______

*Editorial Board

The Caller-Times Editorial Board is president/publisher Darrell Coleman (email), vice president/editor Shane Fitzgerald (email), viewpoints/opinion page editor Tom Whitehurst (email), community board member Adriana Garza and editorial page editor emeritus Nick Jimenez.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:55 pm

As mentioned up-thread, Nancy Grace covered this story in the first 30 minutes of her show on
Thursday, 11-3-11. Please see my comment: by Ann - Tx Yesterday (11-3-11) at 9:47 pm

Nancy even got the county wrong. She said Arkansas County and Patrick Flanigan, Aransas County District Attorney, whom NG was speaking to via phone, had to correct her.

NG was rude to some of her guests. No surprise!

What is so funny is that NG said she is coming after Judge Adams and Lady Justice is coming with her.

Investigations by Texas authorities were well under way before NG aired this segment! She had no influence on the investigation by local Aransas County (including Rockport Police Department) authorities in Texas. Nancy Grace has no authority in the Texas judicial process investigation of Judge Adams.

If Judge Adams is not removed from the bench or if he does not resign, he has approximately three years remaining in his current judgeship. It is an elected position. Only the residents (registered voters) of Aransas County, Tx would be able to vote Adams out of office during the next election.

In fairness, I am glad Nancy Grace featured this story but she should have researched the story, got the FACTS, and consulted with a knowledgeable Texas attorney who knows Texas law!

The following is the transcript.
_______

NANCY GRACE

Texas Judge Beats Disabled Daughter on Tape

Aired November 3, 2011 - 20:00 ET

Snipped:

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. We head into a verdict watch in the Michael Jackson death trial.

But first, before I take you live to that L.A. courthouse, we got to go to Texas. As we go to air tonight, highly disturbing -- disturbing to me, anyway -- and graphic video surfaces, south Texas, Corpus Christi area. A judge -- a judge, people! -- caught on video viciously brutally beating his own daughter over and over with a belt. I mean, swinging back and beating her, yelling and cursing at the girl -- a judge!

And where`s Mommy? She`s standing by, letting it happen, before Mommy herself jumps in for a piece of the action, yelling at her daughter to take it like a grown woman. And to top it all off, the girl has cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy! And guess what else? The judge still has his job. Judge William Adams, Rockport, Texas, sir, I`m coming after you and Lady Justice is coming with me!

Snipped:

GRACE: Well, he is as of tonight because, Judge William Adams, I`m coming after you, and Lady Justice is coming with me!

Read more:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/03/ng.01.html

Above transcript text bolded by: Ann-Tx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Police: Federal prosecutor looking into Texas judge beating video

by Associated Press

KHOU - Houston, TX

Posted on November 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Updated today at 4:53 PM

McALLEN, Texas -- Federal prosecutors agreed Friday to look into a video that shows a Texas judge lashing his teenage daughter with a belt, a police chief said a day after authorities said too much time had passed to consider state charges.

Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said he discussed the 2004 video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams beating his then 16-year-old daughter with a prosecutor from the U.S. attorney’s Corpus Christi office.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/home/Police-Federal-prosecutor-looking-into-Texas-judge-beating-video-133268563.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:02 pm

US attorney: no federal offense in Texas beating

CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN, Associated Press
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Updated 07:28 p.m., Friday, November 4, 2011

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX ?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1722577&width=628&height=471
Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, talks outside her mother's home in Portland, Texas Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011. Adams says she feels some regret about posting online video of her father lashing her with a belt several years ago but that she hopes it forces him to get help. Photo: Chris Sherman / AP

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Federal prosecutors said Friday they would not charge a Texas judge seen lashing his teenage daughter with a belt on a video posted online, closing the door on the possibility of criminal charges in the case.

Angela Dodge, a U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman, said prosecutors determined there was no federal crime depicted on the 2004 video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams. The decision came a day after the local district attorney decided the statute of limitations blocked any state charges.

Read more and view photo gallery:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/US-attorney-no-federal-offense-in-Texas-beating-2249787.php

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX ?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1721840&width=628&height=471
In this March 17, 2005, photo Hillary Adams, the daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, practices the piano at her home in Rockport, Texas. Williams Adams told a Corpus Christi television station the video secretly recorded in 2004 looks “worse than it is.” The video shows Adams violently whipping his daughter, Hillary, in the legs more than a dozen times, while she screams and refuses to turn over on a bed to be beaten. Photo: The Caller-Times, Rachel Denny Clow / AP
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:38 pm

November 3rd, 2011
08:40 PM ET

Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN

Video: Hillary Adams: My father is in denial

Hillary Adams talks to Anderson Cooper about the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father, and why she recorded a beating seven years ago.

Part I

Video: Hillary Adams: I finally snapped

Hillary Adams tells Anderson Cooper why she decided to release a tape she made of her father beating her in 2004.

Part II
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:59 pm

DA: Statute of limitations prevents charges in judge's beating of daughter

By Tracy Sabo, Ashley Hayes and Moni Basu, CNN

Updated 8:32 AM EST, Fri November 4, 2011

Dallas (CNN) -- A district attorney in Texas said Thursday that the statute of limitations prohibits the filing of charges against a judge shown in a 2004 video repeatedly beating his then-teenage daughter.

The daughter, meanwhile, told CNN's Anderson Cooper she uploaded the graphic video as a way to reconcile with Judge William Adams.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justice/texas-video-beating/index.html?iref=obnetwork

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

.District attorney says he cannot file charges because of "limitations"

.Daughter tells Anderson Cooper she released tape to help reconcile with father

.Now 23, she says violence was a regular occurrence

.The judge says his daughter warned him if he "reduced her financial support"
~~~~~~~~

If you scroll down, there are other videos to the left which you may have not viewed.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:12 am

Transcript:

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES

Family Court Judge Caught on Video Beating Own Daughter;
Perry Denies Involvement in Cain Harassment Scandal

Aired November 3, 2011 - 20:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/03/acd.01.html
CNN - Transcript: Anderson Cooper 360 - 11/03/11

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Why Are All These ‘Respectable’ People Abusing Children?

BY Barry Nolan POSTED ON 11/7/2011
Boston Magazine - Boston, MA

They all seemed so nice, all those respectable people who are now in the news for abusing children or failing to report it.

Last week, there was the sensational YouTube video of Judge William Adams, the rat-bag family court judge down in Texas. In a video that went viral, he savagely beats his disabled 16 year-old daughter with a heavy leather belt for almost 8 minutes. The video has had almost 6 million views. The story went national, and the beleaguered Adams finally issued a statement about it. He clearly sees himself as the victim. He believes the problem is not the savage beating he administered to a girl with cerebral palsy, but that his vindictive daughter had the unmitigated gall to be unhappy about being beaten. As a judge, he makes rulings on issues of child custody and child welfare, so he must know what’s right in such matters.

Read more:

http://blogs.bostonmagazine.com/boston_daily/2011/11/07/abuse-child-penn-state-youtube/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Judge William Adams: Prime News - Family Court Judge BEATS HIS DAUGHTER

Uploaded by Sierra1947 on Nov 2, 2011
Original full length video. (18:11)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 am

Dr. Phil Show

Wednesday - November 9, 2011

Discipline Video: A Daughter's New Accusations against the Judge

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 4829227a352b67ca6a5b79e50d7acd8a

It’s the viral video that has sent shock waves across the country. Texas judge William Adams recently came under fire for a 2004 video that his daughter, Hillary, posted on YouTube, showing Adams whipping the then 16-year-old girl with a belt, despite her pleas to stop. The video racked up millions of views and stirred national outrage. Adams says he doesn't believe he did anything wrong, and was simply disciplining his child. "I did lose my temper, but I've since apologized," Judge William Adams told a news agency. Adams, who often presides over child abuse cases, has been asked to be removed from his post pending an investigation. But the District Attorney says Adams cannot face assault-related charges because the five-year statutes of limitations expired. Hillary feels that the public scrutiny her dad has suffered is punishment enough and hopes it forces him to seek help. Does she regret posting the video? Are there more accusations to be addressed involving other family members? Do you think Judge Adams was justified in his actions? Weigh In!

Source:
http://www.drphil.com/shows/
Dr. Phil.com - Shows This Week
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:21 am

Wow! Monday was a busy day in Rockport, Tx.

There were dual protests. Protesters protested against Judge Adams on the Aransas County, Tx Court House steps demanding his resignation and some supported Judge Adams.

The visiting judge who is the presiding judge over Judge Adams' court docket had a full docket on Monday.

This situation has rocked the Rockport (Aransas County), Tx area. I talked to a friend from Rockport today and she said she and her husband hope that Judge Adams resigns and things can get back to normal in their community.

KZTV in nearby Corpus Christi, Tx have been covering this story and have a dedicated page.

There were 3 articles on Monday, 11-7-11. I will post one and you can keep scrolling down to read the remaining articles.

The way KZTV have the articles posted I can not separate them and if I copy the entire articles, I will violate the copyright laws!

Latest Update Visiting Judge Gets Down to Business in Aransas County

11/07/2011 06:22 PM by Mike Manzoni

ARANSAS COUNTY - The docket was full at the Aransas County Court-at-Law this morning where a visiting judge was sitting in to hear Judge William Adams cases.

Business at the court house has picked up from last week. Most people we spoke with say they can't wait until the whole thing's over, and they want Judge Adams off the bench.

The phones at the Aransas County Courthouse are still ringing, but not as much as they were last week when news broke of a video the judge's daughter had posted online of a beating she received in 2004 from the judge.

Read more:

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#fcanchor
_______

Scroll down to read the following articles posted on 11-7-11:

Protests Over Judge Adams at Aransas Co. Courthouse
11/07/2011 04:37 PM by Keaton Fox

Dual Protests Outside Judge Adams' Office
11/07/2011 12:24 PM by Ben Lloyd

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am

Video: Protesting Over Judge Adams - KZTV (11-7-11)

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/3/
_____

Video: Visting Judge Gets Down to Business in Aransas County (11-7-11)

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Source: KZTV - Corpus Christi, Tx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 am

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 631EDC75ECCA47A34DE7303FEEA3D8A8_160_120
Judge Paul Canales

November 7, 2011 - Aransas County, Tx

Judge Paul Canales was appointed by the State of Texas to be a temporary replacement for Judge Adams as officials consider whether he should stay on the bench.

Judge Canales will be on the bench for the next two weeks. After that -- he'll either stay, or another judge will be brought in.

Source:

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#fcanchor
KZTV - Corpus Christi, Tx - Judge Videotaped Beating Daughter - Full Coverage
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 am

Protesters picket outside Aransas County offices over Judge William Adams
Protesters want court-at-law judge to resign, others want him to stay

By Rick Spruill
Corpus Christi Caller Times - Corpus Christi, Tx

Posted November 7, 2011 at 1 p.m.
Updated November 7, 2011 at 7:58 p.m.

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 1108_CCLO_judge_protest1_t160_160

ROCKPORT — Rebecca Peres fought to keep her sign “Honk 4 Justice Adams must Resign” steadied on one hip while she carried her 10-month-old daughter propped on the other while acknowledging the beep of motorists’ horns.

Peres was one of about seven people who gathered Monday on the front sidewalk of the Aransas County Courthouse in Rockport to publicly call for County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams to resign now that authorities say he will not be charged with a crime.

Another group, about six strong, gathered in support of Adams who has yet to indicate whether he will step down.

Read more, view video and photo gallery:

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/07/protest-underway-outside-aransas-county-offices-ov/

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 1108_CCLO_judge_protest4_t160_160
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:33 am

Photo Galleries »Judge William Adams protests

http://www.caller.com/photos/galleries/2011/nov/07/judge-william-adams-protests/
Corpus Christi Caller Times - Corpus Christi, Tx 11-7-11

Judge William Adams - Video of Adams beating teenage daughter in 2004 disclosed - TX 1108_CCLO_judge_protest1_t607
Photo by Rachel Denny Clow
Rebecca Peres protests with her daughter Ripsi Peres outside the Aransas County Courthouse on Monday. She was calling for Judge William Adams to resign.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:07 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Adams Talks About Media Attention, Plans

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 9:55 PM by Steven Romo
KZTV - Corpus Christi, TX

Updated: Nov 8, 2011 11:14 AM

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - After days of national media attention, Hillary Adams returned to her home in San Antonio Monday.

In an exclusive interview with KRIS reporter Steven Romo, Adams talked about her week in the national spotlight and what she plans to do now.

Read more and view videos:

http://www.kztv10.com/news/exclusive-hillary-adams-talks-about-media-attention-plans/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Hillary Adams and her mother were guests on the Dr. Phil Show today.

This Link will take you to a page where you can click on various segments of the show:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1733
Dr. Phil Show 11-9-11

Discipline Video: A Daughter's New Accusations against the Judge

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:09 am

Latest Post: 03:48 PM - 11/11/2011

First Post: 11/02/2011 08:40 AM

(22 stories) 20 pictures 30 videos

Latest Update Hillary Adams Wants Abuse Law Changed

03:48 PM by Keaton Fox

CORPUS CHRISTI -- Hillary Adams tells us today she hopes to influence lawmakers in Austin to change the law when it comes to child abuse.

"It's been received well by civilians, people in the legislature, and I hope, everyone else who needs to put it through also," Adams said.

Read more and view videos:

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/

Continue scrolling down on KZTV's dedicated page to read other articles such as:

Hallie Adams Granted Temporary Restraining Order Against Judge Adams

10:53 AM by Keaton Fox

In this article, you can read the Hallie Adams - Affidavit.
_____

VIDEO: Temporary Restraining Order Against Judge Adams
http://www.kztv10.com/videoplayer/?video_id=18451&categories=
~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the above are from KZTV - Corpus Christi, TX. My apology for the format I had to use to post this. KZTV had a dedicated page to the Judge Adams story and I can not separate the articles to a separate URL.

If I copy and paste the articles (more than10%), I will violate copyright laws. My advice is to scroll down and read the articles. To view videos: click on video bar at the top of the article/page.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 am

I was able to get this article separated from the dedicated page:

Hallie Adams Granted Temporary Restraining Order Against Judge Adams

Posted: Nov 11, 2011 10:53 AM
by Keaton Fox - KZTV - Corpus Christi, Tx

Updated: Nov 11, 2011 6:55 PM

ROCKPORT, Texas -- An Aransas County judge has granted a temporary restraining order against Judge William Adams that takes away his visitation rights related to their 10-year-old daughter until a hearing later this month.

Adams ex-wife, Hallie Adams, filed for the order, and it was granted late Thursday.

Read more, read affidavit & view videos:

http://www.kztv10.com/news/hallie-adams-granted-temporary-restraining-order-against-judge-adams/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next