Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney!

+2
Estee
Ann - Tx
6 posters

Go down

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! Empty Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:48 am

Jeff Ashton Lands New Job
Former Casey Anthony Prosecutor Switches Sides

POSTED: 1:44 pm EDT October 31, 2011
UPDATED: 2:23 pm EDT October 31, 2011

WESH - Orlando, FL

MAITLAND, Fla. -- Former Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton has joined a law firm in Maitland.

Ashton has joined the law firm of Troum and Walsh.

Officials at the law firm said Ashton will specialize in forensic scientific evidence for criminal defense and civil law.

Read more:

http://www.wesh.com/r/29639043/detail.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! Empty Re: Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 am

This is the Homepage of Troum & Wallsh:

http://www.troumandwallsh.com/about/
Troum and Wallsh.com
_________

This is the section on Jeff Ashton:

Jeff Ashton

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! Photo-jeff-ashton

Jeff Ashton is "of counsel" to the Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh. He represents clients throughout the State of Florida as well as consults with other attorneys who need assistance in defending death penalty cases as well as the use of forensic scientific evidence in criminal and civil cases. Jeff is available to serve as co-counsel, sit second chair or act as your consultant.

Read more:

http://www.troumandwallsh.com/jeff-ashton/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! Empty Re: Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

Ashton has switched sides!

After so many years with the State (prosecution), I am disappointed that Ashton would switch sides.

It is not uncommon for young attorneys to work for the State as a Prosecutor for a few years and then go into criminal defense. Ashton's career (30 years) was with the State Attorney's office.

My perception of Ashton was that of dedication to seeking justice for the victim.

Oh, well . . . so much for that perception. A good criminal defense attorney can make so much more money than a prosecutor.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 am

PRESS RELEASE

Casey Anthony Prosecutor Joins Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh

Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh is pleased to announce that Jeff Ashton joined the law firm on Oct. 31, 2011 as “of counsel.” Jeff Ashton recently retired from a 30-year career as a prosecutor in Orlando after representing the State of Florida in the Casey Anthony homicide trial.

Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! GI_95111_troum-and-wallsh
Troum & Wallsh - Orlando Criminal Lawyers

Orlando, Florida (PRWEB) November 07, 2011

Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh is pleased to announce that Jeff Ashton joined the law firm on Oct. 31, 2011 as “of counsel.” Jeff Ashton recently retired from a 30-year career as a prosecutor in Orlando after representing the State of Florida in the Casey Anthony homicide trial.

As a key member of the firm, Jeff Ashton will represent clients throughout the State of Florida and will consult with other attorneys who need assistance in defending death penalty cases as well as the use of forensic scientific evidence in criminal and civil cases. Jeff is available to serve as co-counsel, sit second chair or act as a consultant.
Jeff Ashton has a deep understanding of forensic scientific evidence. He was involved in the first prosecution in the nation using DNA fingerprinting in 1987. During his career as a prosecutor, he completed 300 jury trials and over 70 successful homicide prosecutions. He brings a broad range of experience and knowledge to the firm.

Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh offers premier legal services to individuals throughout the state of Florida. The firm has earned registration on the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.

For more information or to schedule a consultation with Jeff Ashton, please call 1-407-644-6933.

Source:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebtroum-wallsh/jeff-ashton/prweb8940104.htm
PR WEB
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:04 am

It certainly is not surprising that a prosecuting attorney would go into defending clients...My hubby #1 made the switch after a long successful career with the State Attorneys office...He was just as successful at his new job...Who better to know how to defend a client after knowing the ins and outs of the prosecutor's side of the job...I wish Mr. Ashton a long and successful career in his new endeavor...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

He may not have to work too long at this firm. He could possibly get very rich from the sale of his book. Everyone I know is buying it, and my daughter is picking up a copy for me tomorrow when she gets hers.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm

The law has two sides. As it should be. Both sides are equally important and keep the balance. It should also keep everyone honest, but oh well. I wish Jeff the very best. I admire him greatly.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I just can't picture Jeff Ashton selling his soul to the devil for the sake of winning a case. Baez showed Defense Attorneys in a very bad light. Maybe Ashton can rectify that.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 am

I am very impressed with Jeff Ashton I think he did a wonderful job as prosecutor in the anthony case. He seems to me to be a very caring honest guy, I do wish him all the best in the future. Hope you all enjoy his book I am sure I will. Jeff Ashton now a Defense Attorney! 147439
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down