Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

+28
KimmyK
Weeziethm
Alessandra_Deux
snowbird
Ann - Tx
Tbrownsanjo
Ellie Tza
Chickenbutt
CA Lady
Nene_Please
Soprano1
Justice4all
Chester_from_THM
ClaireUncensored
nanaof4
kimi_SFC
Snaz
Julie
Honeysage
ExerSarah
justanopinion
senseigurl
Freckles
SweetT
SuperMom
Tamta
Stolat
Typo Positive
32 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

Post by Tamta Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is a little OT, but on the Site Help and Suggestion Thread, J4A is asking about setting up a library and if anyone has any ideas. Since lots of you are about maps, docs, timelines etc, this would be a place to store them. Please drop by the thread and voice your opinions and give suggestions so you can save your hard work, and make it available to everyone to look at.

Great idea!
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 88030 study
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

Post by Honeysage Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Tamta wrote:
Honeysage wrote:http://cccairuh.tumblr.com/
Sierra Lamar Tumblr

okay i'm totally lost-all i get is a static page, i used to be able to scroll through all her tumblr posts. am i doing something wrong?

I can view it without a problem.

aha-i switched over to Firefox now i can scroll!
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm

SweetT wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Typo Positive wrote:Sierra did not have time to go into photoshop or some other program to alter her image before posting a pic to some unknown social media site.
Who tampered with the photo and is that why LE claimed to not be able to pin down when the photo was taken but to state it could have been a day or two before.

That image of Sierra I would argue is not against it's original background.

I think there is a mirror behind her on the wall. JMO
I'm late to the party, but I agree. And I had to jump in, because this is a field I'm very familiar with, at least enough to have an educated opinion. I've seen larger versions (with more pixels and thus more detail) and it seems clear to me that there's a door jamb right behind her, making her hair appear squared and odd in the shrunken/lower res versions of the picture. I do not see any clear evidence of image tampering on the full size versions circulating out there. One example (must view enlarged/full-size image to see the detail in question): Photobucket
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:What I see in the photo is a doorway....at the top right of the photo (Sierras left) is the darkened room beyond her. The very straight lie of the left of her head is the doorjamb, So at the top her hair blends with the darkness of the room beyond and then her hair blends downward until it meets the doorjamb at about earlobe level.
Beat me to it! Sorry for the rehash! I'm still catching up! :)
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 pm

No problem Ellie..just glad to see someone agreed with me and I wasn't crazy... Laughing
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:What I see in the photo is a doorway....at the top right of the photo (Sierras left) is the darkened room beyond her. The very straight lie of the left of her head is the doorjamb, So at the top her hair blends with the darkness of the room beyond and then her hair blends downward until it meets the doorjamb at about earlobe level.

Keep going Ellie!!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 am

kimi_SFC wrote:Great analysis of the photos. Thought I'd post them together. I'm mobile & can't post side by side like I want to.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 9d3b0e29

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 6cf6a1c3

I am most certainly no pro but these two pictures seem to me to be two different shots. In one (top) Sierra's hair appears to be straightened, and in the bottom one (above) her hair seems more wavy. Also the way her head is cocked, comparing the two, appears to me at a bit different angle, no? Also top pic she seems more made-up, especially smokey eyes, bottom pic not so much; and, again to me, the shirt looks different but could be the way it is on her body? Maybe this has already been cleared up and I missed it. How do we even know for sure this is the "last" picture"?

You guys are most awesome -- it's like I almost understand what you're talking about (scary thing). I've stared at this so long my eyes are glazing over so I'm picking it up some more tomorrow:
-- lurk and learn study

Thanks for all the food for thought. At the end of the day my take-away is that we really don't know for sure when photo(s) were really taken except for what Marlene said, right? That would be on MY "not confirmed" list. LE may/may not know the exact date (but I kinda think they do) and are still playing their word games, probably with good reason (however frustrating it is since I want to know all like yesterday).
good night
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 am

Sierra LeMar: Missing 15 Year Old
(A High School paper in MH)

On the 16th of March, Sierra LeMar went missing. She didn’t show up for school that morning. Her scent disappeared at the end of her drive way. Did she get to the end of it for a car to pull up and grab her, or did she run away without informing anyone, but her getaway driver?

Evidence:
Her phone and Juicy purse were found miles apart from each other and her home. They found DNA of Antolin in her Juicy purse. They also have Antolin’s car which is a red Jetta with a black hood and sunroof.

Methods of Search:
They are using dogs for missing persons, and a grim thing, corpse dogs. They have recently search waterways deep enough to hide her. There last planned water search is over until they get a lead or a tip.

Attempted Kidnappings:
In Hollister, California on the 13th of March, a 16 year old girl was grabbed by a Hispanic man wearing a grey hoodie. His age ranges form 30-35 years old, he is a 5’ 5”-6’ 0”. He held a knife to her throat. He didn’t ask for any money. She got away after she elbowed him in the stomach. Another attempted kidnapping with a similar description and same approach in Willow Glen, San Jose, California on the 23rd of March. This time he used a Taser on another 16 year old.

Suspect Caught:
Antolin Garcia Torres has been arrested for the murder and kidnapping of Sierra LaMar. Is she dead or does Antolin have an accomplice who is taking care of her? Her parents do not believe she is dead and they are keeping hope alive and so should you.

http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/view/frontpage/articleid/531707/newspaperid/4829/Sierra_LaMar_Missing_15_Year_Old.aspx
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 am

Tamta wrote:
Ellie Tza wrote:

Keep going Ellie!!
Haha, I am reading and reading. I am always watching, I just usually don't post unless I have something to add, which isn't very often, sadly. :)
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 am

ClaireUncensored wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:Great analysis of the photos. Thought I'd post them together. I'm mobile & can't post side by side like I want to.

I am most certainly no pro but these two pictures seem to me to be two different shots. In one (top) Sierra's hair appears to be straightened, and in the bottom one (above) her hair seems more wavy. Also the way her head is cocked, comparing the two, appears to me at a bit different angle, no? Also top pic she seems more made-up, especially smokey eyes, bottom pic not so much; and, again to me, the shirt looks different but could be the way it is on her body? Maybe this has already been cleared up and I missed it. How do we even know for sure this is the "last" picture"?

You guys are most awesome -- it's like I almost understand what you're talking about (scary thing). I've stared at this so long my eyes are glazing over so I'm picking it up some more tomorrow:
-- lurk and learn study

Thanks for all the food for thought. At the end of the day my take-away is that we really don't know for sure when photo(s) were really taken except for what Marlene said, right? That would be on MY "not confirmed" list. LE may/may not know the exact date (but I kinda think they do) and are still playing their word games, probably with good reason (however frustrating it is since I want to know all like yesterday).
good night

BBM

Hi Claire!!

We do not know.

In fact this was not the first picture released of Sierra after she was reported missing.

This photo has been talked about fairly consistently on THM and now it has come up again after the release of the SOF.

Through out the investigation we were led to believe by LE that the SM used by Sierra that morning was Twitter and that she sent one text.
Any specifications of the photo and what she did with it have been either unclear or avoided.

Sierra seemed to experiment with her hair and makeup a lot and document it by photographing herself.

I am not convinced that these photos were taken on different days, but I am very skeptical about the shark jersey photo being taken on 3/16.

Thanks for your comments!

Last edited by Tamta on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for misinformation)
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 am

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001176414698
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 161691_100001176414698_1424722694_n

Just an FYI: this is her profile pic for Facebook-so if she did upload that photo to FB (infamous Sharks Jersey one) that morning it wasn't for a profile pic.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 am

Honeysage wrote:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001176414698
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Just an FYI: this is her profile pic for Facebook-so if she did upload that photo to FB (infamous Sharks Jersey one) that morning it wasn't for a profile pic.

And this was the first photo in the press of her, right?

I thought it always was the most recent one of her.
Am I wrong?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 am

ClaireUncensored wrote:

-- lurk and learn study

good night

Claire - based on your comments comparing the two photos, it seems to me that you are under the impression that we are implying they are both the same photo (?) Especially since you say the photos seem to be two different shots. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that they are the same. The whole reason Kimi placed those two photos (which is unargued as being two unrelated photos) side by side is that we were debating other things such as the camera source, the lighting source, etc.

One thing I'm convinced about is what Tamta also suggested -- we truly do not know what her last photo looked like. LE has never once specified "this is the one....this is the photo she took of herself that morning" and in fact I'm not even sure if she did take a photo that morning (can't remember if LE directly states that or provides proof in SOF) or whether she simply SM'd one that morning -- which if that's the case then there's no proof that the photo she SM'd was even taken that morning.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 am

Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

I don't think you are wrong to get that impression - I sometimes think that was the intent. However, I am not convinced that shark shirt shot *is* the very last photo taken on that morning. Just because *Marlene* says she took a photo that morning - I am no longer falling for any more of these games Marlene and the LE have been playing with the public. Keep in mind those statements were made prior to the arrest of Torres and so at that point, anything was fair game as a lie or staged info.

A few news outlets posted that photo and they all used the *exact* same tagline in their aritcle which tells me they're all just copying off each other -- which *also* tells me that if one got it wrong -they ALL got it wrong. Very early on they posted the photo with the tagline that said it was the photo Marlene took on her cellphone that same morning.

I have *never* seen any proof of that statement. Additionally, that's just impossible as Marlene also claims the last time she saw her, she was in her pj's and this photo is clearly not of a girl in her pj's. She also has her hair all curled up which likely wasn't done by the time Marlene last saw her either.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

I don't think you are wrong to get that impression - I sometimes think that was the intent. However, I am not convinced that shark shirt shot *is* the very last photo taken on that morning. Just because *Marlene* says she took a photo that morning - I am no longer falling for any more of these games Marlene and the LE have been playing with the public. Keep in mind those statements were made prior to the arrest of Torres and so at that point, anything was fair game as a lie or staged info.

A few news outlets posted that photo and they all used the *exact* same tagline in their aritcle which tells me they're all just copying off each other -- which *also* tells me that if one got it wrong -they ALL got it wrong. Very early on they posted the photo with the tagline that said it was the photo Marlene took on her cellphone that same morning.

I have *never* seen any proof of that statement. Additionally, that's just impossible as Marlene also claims the last time she saw her, she was in her pj's and this photo is clearly not of a girl in her pj's. She also has her hair all curled up which likely wasn't done by the time Marlene last saw her either.

BBM.

Yes.
ANd you know what?

Conveniently enough, photos taken with an iPhone do not contain metadata unless uploaded to iPhoto or with some other application.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

BBM.

Yes.
ANd you know what?

Conveniently enough, photos taken with an iPhone do not contain metadata unless uploaded to iPhoto or with some other application.

Just to clarify - do you mean to say that while the photo resides on the phone, it does not contain meta data? But that as soon as you drag the photo off the phone and onto your computer the meta data becomes available? is that what you mean? I have not fully explored that. That may be explained by the fact that I have 1,300+ photos on my iPhone and rarely bother to load them to my computer. ha! Photos on the iPhone *do* contain the meta data of GPS coordinates. If you click on "Places" instead of "Albums" on the iPhone Photo Gallery, it will show you the coordinates of each photo taken. And my guess would be that the programming within the phone that collects that GPS coordinates would have a datestamp associated to each time that GPS tracking procedure was called upon by the phone. So *indirectly* I'd say there's still potentially a way to triangulate datestamp meta data. Location services by default are set to "on" for the camera app. I think if you disable that feature you may disable the Photo Location feature as well. I am not sure. And very few people find a reason to disable it or think of it to do it. I have never bothered and I frankly love the ability to see all the photo thumbtacks on the US map and drill down to see where the photos were taken as a trip down memory lane.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 am

Tamta wrote:
ClaireUncensored wrote:

-- lurk and learn study

good night

Hi Claire!! Hello ~~ my thoughts in this color ~~ C

We do not know.

In fact this was not the first picture released of Sierra after she was reported missing. If I remember correctly, one of the first pictures released was similar to a "school" picture or a professional-type shot (like in a yearbook or something) -- might not have been the first but I remember thinking: "that doesn't really look like her" as other pics had been leaking out.

This photo has been talked about fairly consistently on THM and now it has come up again after the release of the SOF. As a former member/lurker at THM I remember reading quite a bit about this one particular photo -- and now here is the same photo with the same + more questions. Even more hinky.

Through out the investigation we were led to believe by LE that the SM used by Sierra that morning was Twitter, Tumblr, and that she sent one text. Sierra's FB was set to private but I was wondering if maybe she used it to communicate only with her sister, dad, and just a select few maybe? Like to exchange a bit more than a text could? IDK but I feel like she did use it for some reason since the profile pic was a recent one. The other SM accounts she used (mentioned above) just seem more cool these days with kids in that age group right now (no link but I remember hearing that statistic as FB was not doing so great after going public).

Any specifications of the photo and what she did with it have been either unclear or avoided. Yeah, weird -- especially that photo (or those?). The jersey doesn't look different to you?

Sierra seemed to experiment with her hair and makeup a lot and document it by photographing herself. She really does! She's such a pretty girl and seems to have lots of fun with hair and make-up. Her sister is also very pretty.

I am not convinced that these photos were taken on different days, but I am very skeptical about the shark jersey photo being taken on 3/16. Same here. I doubt that Sierra had much mess-around time before rushing to the bus stop.

Thanks for your comments! You're welcome. I just usually read but soooo glad I found RC since it seems like most all the THM folks are around here somewhere.

ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

BBM.

Yes.
ANd you know what?

Just to clarify - do you mean to say that while the photo resides on the phone, it does not contain meta data? But that as soon as you drag the photo off the phone and onto your computer the meta data becomes available? is that what you mean? I have not fully explored that. That may be explained by the fact that I have 1,300+ photos on my iPhone and rarely bother to load them to my computer. ha! Photos on the iPhone *do* contain the meta data of GPS coordinates. If you click on "Places" instead of "Albums" on the iPhone Photo Gallery, it will show you the coordinates of each photo taken. And my guess would be that the programming within the phone that collects that GPS coordinates would have a datestamp associated to each time that GPS tracking procedure was called upon by the phone. So *indirectly* I'd say there's still potentially a way to triangulate datestamp meta data. Location services by default are set to "on" for the camera app. I think if you disable that feature you may disable the Photo Location feature as well. I am not sure. And very few people find a reason to disable it or think of it to do it. I have never bothered and I frankly love the ability to see all the photo thumbtacks on the US map and drill down to see where the photos were taken as a trip down memory lane.

No metadata in/on/with the photo.

Yes that may be only with locations.
You can also save photos from texts and SM sites too that you did not take yourself on the iPhone 4s.

I will get back to you because I am actually replacing my phone this week and I will get the facts of memory and retrieval capacities for this phone, not photo, on this from the Apple Store, but from what I understood from an on line chat session with a mac expert on this very subject of sierras photo, is that iPhone photos do not contain savable or retrievable metadata until they become uploaded by an application and then the metadata begins to be stored once being uploaded.

All definitive metadata is contained and accessed through the application used.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

http://www.securitybeacon.com/?p=1271
Potential Risks Of Photos Taken Using A GPS Enabled Smart Phone – Updated

In particular, the GPS coordinates of the phone are often automatically embedded in the metadata of photos you take. This can be a good thing if you need to know exactly where a photo was taken. It can be a potentially bad thing if you are reposting your photos on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

Honeysage wrote:http://www.securitybeacon.com/?p=1271

In particular, the GPS coordinates of the phone are often automatically embedded in the metadata of photos you take. This can be a good thing if you need to know exactly where a photo was taken. It can be a potentially bad thing if you are reposting your photos on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter.

I believe the same in regards to location with iPhone.
The location is recorded and stored and you have the option to look at your photos in the category of album or places.
However, date and time stamps are not retrievable on the newest up to date phones even.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 am

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

BBM.

Yes.
ANd you know what?

No metadata in/on/with the photo.

Yes that may be only with locations.
You can also save photos from texts and SM sites too that you did not take yourself on the iPhone 4s.

I will get back to you because I am actually replacing my phone this week and I will get the facts of memory and retrieval capacities for this phone, not photo, on this from the Apple Store, but from what I understood from an on line chat session with a mac expert on this very subject of sierras photo, is that iPhone photos do not contain savable or retrievable metadata until they become uploaded by an application and then the metadata begins to be stored once being uploaded.

All definitive metadata is contained and accessed through the application used.

I can't wait - that would be extremely useful info!!!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 Empty Time stamp bug exposes photos on locked iPhone

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 am

This article proves there *is* datestamping meta data functionality on the iPhone. It just is not readily accessible through front end...

So as long as you have the phone (which cops have) then you *have* the datestamp meta data...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-57351461-245/time-stamp-bug-exposes-photos-on-locked-iphone/
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 am

This is extemely scary!!! Thanks for sharing. So if you snap an iPhone photo and then upload it to Facebook, it will post the location meta data with it??? That's what it sounds like. And then any pedophile out there knows exactly where your kids live even if they never share their name, their city, their location.

That's why my daughter will not have Facebook account. It's also why I have all my photo locked to friends only - not friends of friends or public.

I think more people should know this fact.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 am

Stolat wrote:This article proves there *is* datestamping meta data functionality on the iPhone. It just is not readily accessible through front end...

So as long as you have the phone (which cops have) then you *have* the datestamp meta data...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-57351461-245/time-stamp-bug-exposes-photos-on-locked-iphone/

THis makes sense.
SO we know they have the details.
Yet we only know how this photo was allegedly used, and no official direct statement as to when it was taken.

Marlene's verbal evidence from the early investigation, as to who and when that photo was taken, is the only thing we have, right?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 am

"Even though my iPhone is locked, I was able to show a colleague this photo on my phone after setting the clock to a date in the past."

(Credit: Elinor Mills/CNET)

Snipped
BBM

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:This article proves there *is* datestamping meta data functionality on the iPhone. It just is not readily accessible through front end...

THis makes sense.
Yet we only know how this photo was allegedly used, and no official direct statement as to when it was taken.

Marlene's verbal evidence from the early investigation, as to who and when that photo was taken, is the only thing we have, right?

Exactly. And for whatever reason the SOF ignores addressing the details of what that phone reveals. They say it revealed nothing that was useful to finding her but I would disagree. I think knowing *if* there had been a photo taken and *when* said photo was taken and what she was wearing at that time would be extremely useful in putting the details together.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm

RE: No More LE Searches for Sierra, Operating on Tips

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/authorities-enter-standby-mode-focus-on-tip-based-searches-for-lamar

My tip for LE, if you guys are reading here today,
is to call a meeting with Game Wardens from Santa Clara and Monterey Counties, sit down with maps, look at preserve areas with minor access roads from 101/I 680 N to San Jose area, leading to sandy terrain, adjacent or under, coniferous or deciduous tree canopy.

Shallow grave, 1'-3' deep.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:

THis makes sense.

Exactly. And for whatever reason the SOF ignores addressing the details of what that phone reveals. They say it revealed nothing that was useful to finding her but I would disagree. I think knowing *if* there had been a photo taken and *when* said photo was taken and what she was wearing at that time would be extremely useful in putting the details together.

Sierra was not using a 'dinosaur' of cell phone.
Can not buy this.
We may have to wait until the defense gets a hold of this phone.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Stolat wrote:

This is extemely scary!!! Thanks for sharing. So if you snap an iPhone photo and then upload it to Facebook, it will post the location meta data with it??? That's what it sounds like. And then any pedophile out there knows exactly where your kids live even if they never share their name, their city, their location.

That's why my daughter will not have Facebook account. It's also why I have all my photo locked to friends only - not friends of friends or public.

I think more people should know this fact.

i also don't "LIKE" FB pages of my kids' schools/soccer clubs/etc..i keep things as private as possible-because even though my pages are private not all my friends' are and there are ways to get into someone's profile if you try hard enough.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm

I am hoping that someone here is local for the area of Pleasanton (sorry spelling) have they identified the body that was found ... woman not Sierra... "The woman did have some distinct features, according to Bretzing, including dark hair and blue polish on her fingernails. She was wearing pajama bottoms and an Old Navy brand shirt, Bretzing said."? just wondering!

link to what I am asking about?
http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/pleasanton-police-to-release-sketch-of-slain-woman-a2925d36

Last edited by justanopinion on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 pm

justanopinion wrote:I am hoping that someone here is local for the area of Pleasanton (sorry spelling) have they identified the body that was found ... woman not Sierra... wearing pj's and a sweatshirt? just wondering!

i've been keeping up with that-they are supposed to be making a sketch so public can help with identification...but so far nothing has been released. can't imagine her condition if they can't even figure out age and ethnicity...and therefore what a sketch would look like Shocked
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Honeysage wrote:
justanopinion wrote:I am hoping that someone here is local for the area of Pleasanton (sorry spelling) have they identified the body that was found ... woman not Sierra... wearing pj's and a sweatshirt? just wondering!

i've been keeping up with that-they are supposed to be making a sketch so public can help with identification...but so far nothing has been released. can't imagine her condition if they can't even figure out age and ethnicity...and therefore what a sketch would look like Shocked

thank you Honeysage.. I couldn't find anything so wondered if it was a cross border lag thing.. Laughing I hope that they identify her soon so the family can have peace.. but wouldn't they have missing persons reports that they could weed through.. just asking!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Respectfully snipped for space-
Tamta wrote:
Hi Claire!!

We do not know.

In fact this was not the first picture released of Sierra after she was reported missing.

This photo has been talked about fairly consistently on THM and now it has come up again after the release of the SOF.

Through out the investigation we were led to believe by LE that the SM used by Sierra that morning was Twitter, Tumblr, and that she sent one text. Any specifications of the photo and what she did with it have been either unclear or avoided.

Sierra seemed to experiment with her hair and makeup a lot and document it by photographing herself.

I am not convinced that these photos were taken on different days, but I am very skeptical about the shark jersey photo being taken on 3/16.

Tamta - BBM - A fact correction, LE nor the media has ever mentioned Sierra's Tumblr post at 6:32am.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Lash wrote:Respectfully snipped for space-
Tamta wrote:
Hi Claire!!

We do not know.

Through out the investigation we were led to believe by LE that the SM used by Sierra that morning was Twitter, Tumblr, and that she sent one text. Any specifications of the photo and what she did with it have been either unclear or avoided.

Tamta - BBM - A fact correction, LE nor the media has ever mentioned Sierra's Tumblr post at 6:32am.

Asking for speculation ---- why would LE deliberately not mention the 6:32 post... It should verify that Sierra was where she was supposed to be at that time.. I would think that even a casual mention for the sake of a timeline it would be important! crystal ball
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Respectfully snipped for space-
Stolat wrote:

BBM- Your guess would be correct. In my experience I have had many reasons to disable the "location services". It will disable the photo location too.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Tamta wrote:
Hi Claire!!

We do not know.

Through out the investigation we were led to believe by LE that the SM used by Sierra that morning was Twitter and that she sent one text. Any specifications of the photo and what she did with it have been either unclear or avoided.

Lash you are right and my brain hurts between Tumblr and Twitter.
I am forever confusing the two.
I am too old.
SOrry!

( I am editing it out now.)
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

justanopinion wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Hi Claire!!

We do not know.

Asking for speculation ---- why would LE deliberately not mention the 6:32 post... It should verify that Sierra was where she was supposed to be at that time.. I would think that even a casual mention for the sake of a timeline it would be important! crystal ball

Perhaps they doubt that the post was made by her and they don't want it in their SOF because they themselves question its authenticity and they don't want to erroneously use it as a building block of pinning down the last time anyone truly saw/heard from Sierra.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Tamta wrote:
Sierra LaMar Facebook

Am I wrong?

She looks more mature in this pic than in the other two we have seen of her in the blue shirts.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Honeysage wrote:Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 An_U5NxCMAAy4Ji

just for comparison...this photo is almost identical-she uploaded it to her twitter acct on March 14-looks to be same area of her room except in this one the door behind her is closed.
i think the photo with Sharks Jersey is distorted because we are dealing with at least 3rd generation photo-from computer-to phone- to a printed copy.
i can't think of why someone would photoshop her ? though i also do not understand why there has been so much mystery around that photo either-having trouble thinking outside of the box.

Good eye and excellent points!
I see what you are saying and must agree.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Her eyebrows.
In all the pics I have seen, Sierra's eyebrows have a curve to them.
In this bottom pic, the eyebrow line is flat.
Could this have been done with photo-shop or by constant repeating of copies of the pic?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm thinking this may have been the first picture released...

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 Beauty-Sierra

Photo Credit: crankycrankerson
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Do we know the GPS location of the questioned last tweet?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Statement of Facts

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 052412Statement-Facts-p1
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 7 052412Statement-Facts-p2

Credit - crankycrankerson
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Freckles wrote:

Her eyebrows.
In all the pics I have seen, Sierra's eyebrows have a curve to them.
In this bottom pic, the eyebrow line is flat.
Could this have been done with photo-shop or by constant repeating of copies of the pic?

my daughter has eyebrows very similar to Sierra's, they're quite full. If she doesn't "brush" them upward when she wakes or just after pulling shirts over her head, they change shape and can look flat like that. She gets annoyed with me when I reach over and take my thumb and "brush" up her wayward brows. "MOMMMM! stop!" I don't see any indication that was photo-shopped.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Key points to compare- Does this comparison tell us that Sierra posted the photo using her phone and not her computer?

Nancy Grace 3-20-2012

SHERIFF LAURIE SMITH: Mother sees her about 6:00 o`clock in the morning on Friday. We know that she was at her computer at 6:30, which is pretty standard because she generally goes to her bus stop about 7:10. After 6:30, when we know she`s on her computer, we have nothing else after that. We were contacted by the parents when she didn`t return home that night and hadn`t been in school.

Veruses ——————————>

SOF 05-24-2012

At 7 a.m., Sierra posted a photograph of herself on a SM site.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Lash wrote:Key points to compare- Does this comparison tell us that Sierra posted the photo using her phone and not her computer?

Nancy Grace 3-20-2012

SHERIFF LAURIE SMITH: Mother sees her about 6:00 o`clock in the morning on Friday. We know that she was at her computer at 6:30, which is pretty standard because she generally goes to her bus stop about 7:10. After 6:30, when we know she`s on her computer, we have nothing else after that. We were contacted by the parents when she didn`t return home that night and hadn`t been in school.

Veruses ——————————>

SOF 05-24-2012

Thanks Lash for posting this.

LE does not say that the photo was posted from a phone or computer,
only the respective SM would indicate that, right: like from mobile web, iphone, android etc, if a phone were used to post?

IIRC it was Marlene(or her and a combination of reporting) in the earliest days of the investigation that was the genesis for the photo being connected it to a specific device- which she made two different statements:

-once it was texted to her from Sierra(NG and press i think???)
-once it was taken by Sierra on her laptop right before leaving (NG)

LE seems to have stopped at the willingness or ability to simply disconnect the photo from the text.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:Key points to compare- Does this comparison tell us that Sierra posted the photo using her phone and not her computer?

Nancy Grace 3-20-2012

Veruses ——————————>

SOF 05-24-2012

only the respective SM would indicate that, right: like from mobile web, iphone, android etc, if a phone were used to post?

IIRC it was Marlene(or her and a combination of reporting) in the earliest days of the investigation that was the genesis for the photo being connected it to a specific device- which she made two different statements:

LE seems to have stopped at the willingness or ability to simply disconnect the photo from the text.

I think we are banging our heads.. I'm almost to the point where I'm content to just wait until we start seeing what comes out in trial. I feel like I'm running in circles. We wont' know (based on what's out there) what photo was the last photo taken, what device was used, what was her very last "digital" touch -- computer, phone, Facebook, Twitter, etc until more details come out. It's starting to drive me bonkers.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Nancy Grace 3-20-2012

Veruses ——————————>

SOF 05-24-2012

I think we are banging our heads.. I'm almost to the point where I'm content to just wait until we start seeing what comes out in trial. I feel like I'm running in circles. We wont' know (based on what's out there) what photo was the last photo taken, what device was used, what was her very last "digital" touch -- computer, phone, Facebook, Twitter, etc until more details come out. It's starting to drive me bonkers.

I felt a bit the same

I don't understand the different and unique ways of how these virtual community products function end up being more desirable than another.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

But something seems up with that photo and the SMs!!! Suspect
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Tamta- I'm noticing on NG the sheriff indicates that Sierra was not on her computer after 6:30 and in the SOF she indicates Sierra posted a photo to a SM site at 7:00. Is that telling us she did not use her computer to post the photo? Am I making sense?
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next