Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

+28
KimmyK
Weeziethm
Alessandra_Deux
snowbird
Ann - Tx
Tbrownsanjo
Ellie Tza
Chickenbutt
CA Lady
Nene_Please
Soprano1
Justice4all
Chester_from_THM
ClaireUncensored
nanaof4
kimi_SFC
Snaz
Julie
Honeysage
ExerSarah
justanopinion
senseigurl
Freckles
SweetT
SuperMom
Tamta
Stolat
Typo Positive
32 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

Post by Stolat Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Lash wrote:Tamta- I'm noticing on NG the sheriff indicates that Sierra was not on her computer after 6:30 and in the SOF she indicates Sierra posted a photo to a SM site at 7:00. Is that telling us she did not use her computer to post the photo? Am I making sense?

It's telling me that they hadn't yet decided how much they wanted to mislead the public on what all they knew yet as they were trying to trick Mr. Torres (or unknown perp at that time) into leading them to a body.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2

Post by ClaireUncensored Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Lash wrote:I'm thinking this may have been the first picture released...

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Beauty-Sierra

Photo Credit: crankycrankerson
This is it! This is the picture of Sierra that I was talking about earlier -- one of the first released for a missing person poster. It stood out to me because: (1) it seems like a "school" and/or yearbook shot (just from the infamous blue background); and (2) it looks like a younger "Sierra" (maybe 9th grade?) than in other pictures that had already been floating around the interwebz around that same time. (I keep forgetting cranky's photobucket.)

Thanks Lash! ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:Tamta- I'm noticing on NG the sheriff indicates that Sierra was not on her computer after 6:30 and in the SOF she indicates Sierra posted a photo to a SM site at 7:00. Is that telling us she did not use her computer to post the photo? Am I making sense?

It's telling me that they hadn't yet decided how much they wanted to mislead the public on what all they knew yet as they were trying to trick Mr. Torres (or unknown perp at that time) into leading them to a body.

Stolat I agree. I'm finding earlier articles stating the photo was taken on Sierra's phone the morning before she disappeared, another one stating Marlene took the photo that morning. Omgoodness!!! Then the sheriff telling NG on 4/6 that forensics had not come back yet. We now know some results were already back on the 28th. So...LE is keeping a close lid on this investigation. In my opinion, good for them. I do not want to see another shoddy investigation.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Yes sorry if I missed your point.

I see the omission of type of device and location of device in that.

I'm looking at Smiths statement:
"We know at 630 she is at her computer which is pretty standard because she generally goes to her bus stop around 710am".

Look at this sentence: two separate not related thoughts connected by a clause.

She Shoukd have said "because her previous SM use tells us that that's pretty standard activity for her prior to leaving for the bus"

I sense a bit of a void or lacuna where something may be known that's sensitive or potentially sensitive and she wants to jump over that.

Maybe the reason for this type of sentence is connected to this photo and it's alleged connection to this new 700am device activity.

Something happened or has to happen between 630 and 710?
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Lash wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Stolat I agree. I'm finding earlier articles stating the photo was taken on Sierra's phone the morning before she disappeared, another one stating Marlene took the photo that morning. Omgoodness!!! Then the sheriff telling NG on 4/6 that forensics had not come back yet. We now know some results were already back on the 28th. So...LE is keeping a close lid on this investigation. In my opinion, good for them. I do not want to see another shoddy investigation.

Help. Embarassed

I'm not immediately seeing the benefit to the random perp scenario in not disclosing the 700 device activity knowing that earlier and later device activity was asserted.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Sierra LaMar: Anatomy of a Search Day 66
Posted on June 6, 2012 by Marc Klaas

"That’s why the terms of the $25,000 reward for the safe return of Sierra LaMar are being changed to include, “Information leading to the conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Sierra LaMar”. Rewards aid law enforcement in arresting and successfully prosecuting crimes by providing financial consideration in exchange for information that will resolve a crime.

In theory, there are always people who know more about a given crime than they are initially willing to admit. They may be family, friends, acquaintances or simply somebody who saw or heard something that they were not supposed to see or hear. Often times these people require incentive before they are willing to come forward and divulge closely held secrets."

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 289b2402

More@link

http://100.42.52.148/~klaaskid/blog/?p=288
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

The Santa Clara County district attorney’s office thinks she is dead based on her complete lack of contact with anyone - via telephone or digital social media - since March 16, and on the fact that she has no independent means of financial support.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/sheriff-wraps-up-water-searches-for-sierra/article_c55b89d1-6c6f-5335-ad3f-91e527f96922.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 pm

RE: Defining aspects of 2009 Assaults

BBM

a trio of attempted assaults on women in the parking lots of both Morgan Hill Safeway stores in March 2009.

The suspect in those incidents, who was never identified or arrested, confronted three women on separate occasions near their parked vehicles at night. The suspect entered the vehicles and locked the doors and attempted to assault the women. He was scared off by passersby or the victim’s resistance in all three incidents.

So the car is the alleged crime scene.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/sheriff-wraps-up-water-searches-for-sierra/article_c55b89d1-6c6f-5335-ad3f-91e527f96922.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 pm

http://walnutcreek.patch.com/articles/trash-can-body-update-police-release-sketch
Trash Can Body Update: Police Release Sketch (photos at link)
O/T but we spoke about it here

Pleasanton police investigators have released a sketch of a woman whose body was discovered in a trash can on May 24.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Honeysage wrote:http://walnutcreek.patch.com/articles/trash-can-body-update-police-release-sketch
Trash Can Body Update: Police Release Sketch (photos at link)
O/T but we spoke about it here

Pleasanton police investigators have released a sketch of a woman whose body was discovered in a trash can on May 24.

The baby feet. I wonder if she was pg or had recently had a baby?
When I was pg with one of mine, a friend (a priest) gave me the baby feet.
They are to represent the size of a 6 wk fetus.
Right to Life organizations also gave these away at one time.

Autopsy would be able to determine if she had a baby or was pg.
Sad.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/karinanews
Karina Rusk@karinanews

Public defender representing Sierra LaMar suspect has declared a conflict. Ken Mandel will go before judge tomorrow to get off the case.

If judge approves public defender Ken Mandel's conflict declaration, murder suspect Antolin Garcia Torres will need new attorney.

We do not know what Ken Mandel's conflict is in representing Sierra LaMar's accused killer or if it will change plea date of July 10.

Reply Retweet Favorite
8:10 PM - 6 Jun 12 via web · Details
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

I wonder if this just has to do with fact that this lawyer is retiring in August? though he should never have taken such a case to begin with if that's the reason...wasting more time!!!!!
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 am

Honeysage wrote:I wonder if this just has to do with fact that this lawyer is retiring in August? though he should never have taken such a case to begin with if that's the reason...wasting more time!!!!!

Or there is something in the file that he has a conflict with resulting in the need to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am

Tamta wrote:
BBM

a trio of attempted assaults on women in the parking lots of both Morgan Hill Safeway stores in March 2009.

The suspect in those incidents, who was never identified or arrested, confronted three women on separate occasions near their parked vehicles at night. The suspect entered the vehicles and locked the doors and attempted to assault the women. He was scared off by passersby or the victim’s resistance in all three incidents.

Maybe I missed this earlier, but this is NEW to me. DNA and/or fingerprints could be all over the stun gun. Maybe this is how LE is connecting AGT to the 2009 Safeway attacks?

From Link above-

Snip- Police produced an artist’s rendering of the suspect shortly after the Safeway attacks, and even recovered his stun gun, but the crimes were not solved. 

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 am

Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:
BBM

Maybe I missed this earlier, but this is NEW to me. DNA and/or fingerprints could be all over the stun gun. Maybe this is how LE is connecting AGT to the 2009 Safeway attacks?

From Link above-

Snip- Police produced an artist’s rendering of the suspect shortly after the Safeway attacks, and even recovered his stun gun, but the crimes were not solved. 

I was surprised by this article also.

Prints would be on that for sure.

And how is it that this tid bit was not reported before?!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:21 am

One of the posters mentioned an attack in Hollister, which isn't far from Morgan Hill. It's even more agriculture down there. I was at Disneyland with my boyfriend the previous weekend, and we have to cut through the 152 East to get to I-5. Nothing but reserves and hills. There is a huge lake on the way over.

I really feel that AGT wouldn't have to resources to send SL to the water. She is most likely in a ditch or shallow grave.
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 am

The stun gun detail got me by surprise. Maybe a leak?
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

Lash wrote:The stun gun detail got me by surprise. Maybe a leak?

It sort of looks that way.

IMO, that article was the first one where I had seen the characteristics of those assaults laid out very clearly and concisely, and then the added evidence of the stun gun.

There was a type of synthesis that made me think that the writer was reporting something being laid out to them.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 am

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:
BBM

From Link above-

I was surprised by this article also.

Prints would be on that for sure.

And how is it that this tid bit was not reported before?!

...unless he wore gloves.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 am

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:The stun gun detail got me by surprise. Maybe a leak?

It sort of looks that way.

IMO, that article was the first one where I had seen the characteristics of those assaults laid out very clearly and concisely, and then the added evidence of the stun gun.

There was a type of synthesis that made me think that the writer was reporting something being laid out to them.

This reminds me of many years ago a friend worked as an intern at a local news station and I would go there and wait for her to get off work after the evening news and I'd sit in the newsroom. They would sometimes get calls from local investigators asking them to hold on reporting on certain cases. I recall the "bargaining" that went on. The reporters would push the police and the police would essentially say -'just give us a few more days, we have something in the pipe and can't release details yet'. Reporters didn't like that but police would throw them a bone in some other area as a bargaining chip. I guess that's no big secret. I just recall sitting there listening to those calls. If a reporter didn't like their end of a deal or police fell through on a promise - the reporter would retaliate by going forward with leaking the info.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

BBM
Snipped

Cardoza would not comment on reports that Garcia Torres had gone fishing the day after Sierra's disappearance.

"It has been mentioned by (Garcia Torres) family members, but we are not commenting on that one way or another," he said.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_20778449/sierra-lamar-case-last-scheduled-water-search-set

According to CBS San Francisco, the mother of suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres has said that he went fishing on the day of LaMar's disappearance, but Cardoza would not comment on the matter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57448083-504083/sierra-lamar-update-divers-complete-last-planned-water-search-for-body-of-missing-calif-teen/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Tamta wrote:BBM
Snipped

Cardoza would not comment on reports that Garcia Torres had gone fishing the day after Sierra's disappearance.

"It has been mentioned by (Garcia Torres) family members, but we are not commenting on that one way or another," he said.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_20778449/sierra-lamar-case-last-scheduled-water-search-set

According to CBS San Francisco, the mother of suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres has said that he went fishing on the day of LaMar's disappearance, but Cardoza would not comment on the matter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57448083-504083/sierra-lamar-update-divers-complete-last-planned-water-search-for-body-of-missing-calif-teen/

I recall we debated these two contradicting concepts several weeks ago. I provided a link to an article supporting the statement that Torres's mother said he went fishing the day *after* not the day of. But again, I think all these media outlets are getting the statements muddied up. You replied that it would not make sense that the mom would actually state where he went but rather would likely point cops in a false trail.

I think if he went fishing on either day, it doesn't really matter, it still lends itself to the fact that at some point within 48 hours of Sierra's disappearance, it's clearly obvious that Torre's family had NO IDEA where he was and can NOT attest to his activities for those hours. Essentially what they are saying is he has no confirmable alibi for those hours.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Stolat wrote:
Snipped

I recall we debated these two contradicting concepts several weeks ago. I provided a link to an article supporting the statement that Torres's mother said he went fishing the day *after* not the day of. But again, I think all these media outlets are getting the statements muddied up. You replied that it would not make sense that the mom would actually state where he went but rather would likely point cops in a false trail.

I think if he went fishing on either day, it doesn't really matter, it still lends itself to the fact that at some point within 48 hours of Sierra's disappearance, it's clearly obvious that Torre's family had NO IDEA where he was and can NOT attest to his activities for those hours. Essentially what they are saying is he has no confirmable alibi for those hours.

BBM

IMO the fishing has always been irrelevant.
And i doubt she is in the water too.

CBM

LE consistently refuses comment on the alibi.
IMO, that could mean: alibi, no alibi, no confirmable alibi, we do not want to share this alibi publicly.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

IMO, that could mean: alibi, no alibi, no confirmable alibi, we do not want to share this alibi publicly.

Actually, I specifically recall they did address the lack of alibi very early on and said that Torres took the 5th, and therefore no alibi was even offered for them to test out.

Edited: AH - here it is:

Does Garcia-Tores have an alibi?
Garcia-Torres has not disclosed whether he has an alibi, Smith said. The suspect has remained mum throughout interviews, making it difficult for authorities to test for an alibi, Smith said.

http://mountainview.patch.com/articles/motive-other-questions-surround-lamar-murder-suspect

Last edited by Stolat on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added source link)
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

Actually, I specifically recall they did address the lack of alibi very early on and said that Torres took the 5th, and therefore no alibi was even offered for them to test out.

Garcia-Torres has not disclosed whether he has an alibi, Smith said. The suspect has remained mum throughout interviews, making it difficult for authorities to test for an alibi, Smith said.

http://mountainview.patch.com/articles/motive-other-questions-surround-lamar-murder-suspect

Yes,
I do not disagree with you.

However, someone posted a link the other day quoting Smith saying

"We are still firming up his alibi."

This could be inferred to related to his invoking the 5th, as you say, or not.

In the locked thread there are articles that do quote the Sheriff as intimating that he was talking, just not a lot- there was use of a very specific adjective for his level of disclosure.
( I can look for them later on today)

I do not think that it is very likely that he said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during all of the interviews.
I am sure he said a SOMETHING or two.

It would be most helpful to see a Statement of Probable Cause.
It would reference the alibi.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

Yes,

In the locked thread there are articles that do quote the Sheriff as intimating that he was talking, just not a lot- there was use of a very specific adjective for his level of disclosure.

I do not think that it is very likely that he said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during all of the interviews.

Yes, that would be good to see. And yes, you are right - Smith intimated he has talked *some*. It sounds like he gave a vague alibi - vague enough that would render it difficult for LE to pin him into a lie. He sounds like someone who is very familiar with how to work the system. Considering he was harboring other criminals in the past (that was what his altercation with the officer was over) it seems he keeps company with other inmates and likely they talk about how to navigate the system.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

Yes,

Yes, that would be good to see. And yes, you are right - Smith intimated he has talked *some*. It sounds like he gave a vague alibi - vague enough that would render it difficult for LE to pin him into a lie. He sounds like someone who is very familiar with how to work the system. Considering he was harboring other criminals in the past (that was what his altercation with the officer was over) it seems he keeps company with other inmates and likely they talk about how to navigate the system.

BBM

He has been charged, had his arraignment (heard his charges) though has not given his final answer it seems.

It is an open investigation, however
we have the SOF.

Why is the SPOC still not released?

What is the deal with that?
The DA had to submit one to the Judge before the arraignment.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

Yes,

BBM

He has been charged, had his arraignment (heard his charges) though has not given his final answer it seems.

we have the SOF.

That is where I am fumble - I do not have the legal background you have and do not know what to expect or pick up on what's missing -you keep us all informed in that area. If an SOPC exists and has not been produced for the public (when it is typically protocol to do so) then I would say yes, that is definitely Hinky.

I wonder if RC mods get tired of us saying "Hinky" ...old habits die hard
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:02 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/karinanews

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
Murder suspect in Sierra LaMar has new attorney from Alternative Defender's Office after his appointed public defender declared conflict.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
July 10 plea date for Antolin Gracia Torres has been moved to July 31 after change in attorney for Sierra LaMar murder suspect.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Snipped

BBM

CBM

Yes,

BBM

we have the SOF.

That is where I am fumble - I do not have the legal background you have and do not know what to expect or pick up on what's missing -you keep us all informed in that area. If an SOPC exists and has not been produced for the public (when it is typically protocol to do so) then I would say yes, that is definitely Hinky.

I wonder if RC mods get tired of us saying "Hinky" ...old habits die hard

All I see are docs towards a civil suit right now.
And I do not know what, if anything, that means something.

So..........
the questions will continue! crystal ball
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Honeysage wrote:https://twitter.com/#!/karinanews

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
Murder suspect in Sierra LaMar has new attorney from Alternative Defender's Office after his appointed public defender declared conflict.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
July 10 plea date for Antolin Gracia Torres has been moved to July 31 after change in attorney for Sierra LaMar murder suspect.

Oi vey.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:05 pm

HINKY.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Empty Sierra LaMar Suspect Lawyer Steps Down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:09 pm

A source said that Mandel's conflict of interest arose because his office is representing Garcia-Torres' father, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-157859145.html

Great - a sexually abusive dad....I'm sure that's had *NO* impact on Torres whatsoever.

Ten bucks says part of the defense strategy is to claim the defendent was sexually abused by the father.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 pm

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-searchers-comb-new-area-for-clues-in/vb9pz/
MORGAN HILL: Searchers comb new area for clues in Sierra LaMar case
video only

Lake Cunningham in East San Jose based on tips, Myspace, friends saying he was familiar with that area

Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Honeysage wrote:http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-searchers-comb-new-area-for-clues-in/vb9pz/
video only

Lake Cunningham in East San Jose based on tips, Myspace, friends saying he was familiar with that area

Interesting that "friends" are talking...

seems like a risky place to dump a body -- it's essentially surrounded by a water park and a skate park - seems like risk of high traffic. Wonder if this is an intentional goose chase
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 pm

"A source said that Mandel's conflict of interest arose because his office is representing Garcia-Torres' father, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative."
More@link
http://m.nbcbayarea.com/nbcbayarea/pm_108022/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=xMoELA8B

Ok, call me crazy, but with a case as high profile as this, how in the bloody HELL did Mandel NOT know about this before now?
shifty
HINKY! I call BS!

kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Stolat wrote:
Honeysage wrote:http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-searchers-comb-new-area-for-clues-in/vb9pz/
video only

Interesting that "friends" are talking...

seems like a risky place to dump a body -- it's essentially surrounded by a water park and a skate park - seems like risk of high traffic. Wonder if this is an intentional goose chase

just to clarify "friends" is my word...video stated "people familiar with the suspect" (something like that, i'm doped up on allergy meds)
ETA: i also find it hard to believe that LE didn't figure that out themselves through his Myspace page-and therefore should have checked that area early on.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:"A source said that Mandel's conflict of interest arose because his office is representing Garcia-Torres' father, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative."
More@link
http://m.nbcbayarea.com/nbcbayarea/pm_108022/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=xMoELA8B

Ok, call me crazy, but with a case as high profile as this, how in the bloody HELL did Mandel NOT know about this before now?
shifty
HINKY! I call BS!

It is possible to be unaware, depending on certain circumstances.
Who knows how big his firm is, the turn over and what cases they represented his father.

I did not interpret that quote to mean that they are neccesarily representing his father on current sexual molestation charges at this moment in time.

I
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
Honey-
Send this info to Snaz so it can be put up on the calendar.

Last edited by Freckles on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Stolat wrote:A source said that Mandel's conflict of interest arose because his office is representing Garcia-Torres' father, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative.

Great - a sexually abusive dad....I'm sure that's had *NO* impact on Torres whatsoever.

Ten bucks says part of the defense strategy is to claim the defendent was sexually abused by the father.
Yeah. Apparently it runs in the family. Wonder what the mother and sibs have to say about the father AND the son/brother BOTH being accused? Wonder what is going on in the family. (Wasn't he accused of statutory rape of the female he later married? IIRC, they were both teens at the time.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Freckles wrote:

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews
Honey-
Send this info to Snaz so it can be put up on the calendar.

how do i do that?
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:15 pm

http://newark.patch.com/articles/gilroy-child-annoyance-cases-raising-possible-link-to-lamar-murder#photo-10207258
Gilroy Child 'Annoyance' Cases Raising Possible Link to LaMar Murder

A suspect who police say attempted to lure four children into his vehicle on July 26 and August 3 has been identified. But Gilroy police won't say whether the suspect is Antolin Garcia-Torres, accused in the Sierra LaMar murder-kidnapping.
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Cd1baf36962981092b881d978bb163ef
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 921a5644f255b8a641d57ee636bcf105
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Empty Sierra Lamar still missing 3/16/2012

Post by Tbrownsanjo Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Can someone tell me antolins fathers name please I keep looking on earlier threads and cannot find genero genardo I can't remember thanks
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Tbrownsanjo wrote:Can someone tell me antolins fathers name please I keep looking on earlier threads and cannot find genero genardo I can't remember thanks

Genaro
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 pm

UPDATED

Garcia-Torres' father, Genaro Garcia, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. He was charged with 11 counts of lewd and lascivious acts, and three counts of aggravated sexual assault with a minor under 14.
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Genaro+Garcia
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Honeysage wrote:http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-157859145.html
UPDATED

Garcia-Torres' father, Genaro Garcia, who is in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. He was charged with 11 counts of lewd and lascivious acts, and three counts of aggravated sexual assault with a minor under 14.
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 #2 - Page 8 Genaro+Garcia

there is your sketch.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:35 pm

But in the Gilroy attempts on the children they described him as 20-25, and then another incident described him as 30...and noone said anything about grey hair. i'm sure the kids (ranging from 9-15) would have been asked "does he look more like your dad or grandpa?" in regards to figuring out age. they do look similar-need to see dad with his mouth open and look for the teeth thing, slight gap or crossing over of front teeth is very identifiable in photos.

ETA: also, how long has daddy been in jail? these incidents took place last Summer...says July-August but no year so i guess it means last year.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Honeysage wrote:But in the Gilroy attempts on the children they described him as 20-25, and then another incident described him as 30...and noone said anything about grey hair. i'm sure the kids (ranging from 9-15) would have been asked "does he look more like your dad or grandpa?" in regards to figuring out age. they do look similar-need to see dad with his mouth open and look for the teeth thing, slight gap or crossing over of front teeth is very identifiable in photos.

ETA: also, how long has daddy been in jail? these incidents took place last Summer...says July-August but no year so i guess it means last year.

I am not sure about how long his dad has been in jail but I definitely think that Antolin would not go after kids, even if he's guilty of Sierras disappearance.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Tamta wrote:
Honeysage wrote:But in the Gilroy attempts on the children they described him as 20-25, and then another incident described him as 30...and noone said anything about grey hair. i'm sure the kids (ranging from 9-15) would have been asked "does he look more like your dad or grandpa?" in regards to figuring out age. they do look similar-need to see dad with his mouth open and look for the teeth thing, slight gap or crossing over of front teeth is very identifiable in photos.

I am not sure about how long his dad has been in jail but I definitely think that Antolin would not go after kids, even if he's guilty of Sierras disappearance.

need a birthdate on dad...won't let me go into county jail system look up without it. hopefully media will do more digging.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Honeysage wrote:
Tamta wrote:

need a birthdate on dad...won't let me go into county jail system look up without it. hopefully media will do more digging.

Lash posted his dads record its in the locked Sierra thread.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next