Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

3 posters

Go down

Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement Empty Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

Post by Snaz Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
9:10 p.m. EST, May 31, 2012

Defense attorney Cheney Mason revealed Thursday night that he disagreed with colleague Jose Baez's opening statement in the Casey Anthony murder trial. In the statement, Baez alleged that George Anthony had sexually abused his daughter.

"I did not know it was going to happen," Mason said at a conference at Pace Law School in New York. The event added another fascinating chapter to the long-running Anthony saga.

Mason said that Baez's opening statement was "not the right thing to do." Mason told law students in the audience that they should never make a promise that they cannot deliver on.

"That was something he did," Mason said of Baez.

"Should it have been done? In my opinion, no," Mason said.

Read more: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-31/entertainment/os-cheney-mason-jeff-ashton-20120531_1_cheney-mason-casey-anthony-jose-baez
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement Empty Re: Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

Post by Nene_Please Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Maybe with all the law suits he feels he better get that in before someone else wants a piece of the pie.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement Empty Re: Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Snaz wrote:Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
9:10 p.m. EST, May 31, 2012

Defense attorney Cheney Mason revealed Thursday night that he disagreed with colleague Jose Baez's opening statement in the Casey Anthony murder trial. In the statement, Baez alleged that George Anthony had sexually abused his daughter.

"I did not know it was going to happen," Mason said at a conference at Pace Law School in New York. The event added another fascinating chapter to the long-running Anthony saga.

Mason said that Baez's opening statement was "not the right thing to do." Mason told law students in the audience that they should never make a promise that they cannot deliver on.

"That was something he did," Mason said of Baez.

"Should it have been done? In my opinion, no," Mason said.

Read more: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-31/entertainment/os-cheney-mason-jeff-ashton-20120531_1_cheney-mason-casey-anthony-jose-baez

snaz, Seems Baez got most of the publicity for KC's case, I am going to be interested on Baez's take on Mason in his new book. (I for one am not going to read it but hope it leaks out,) I am sure Baez gives no credit to Mason for coming in because Lyon's was leaving & Baez HAD to be supervised by a Death Penalty Qualified Attorney, I am sure Baez has forgotten all that.

imo, Mason is a big mouth finger flicken blo hard, seems unprofessional imo to critcize Baez since they did work together & I too am suprised any body invites him anywhere to speak on anything. It was Mason that wanted KC to consider a plea, when she wouldn't, he claimed he was concerned about her mental stability during the trial, remember, Judge P ordered more test be done on KC. LOL! Baez & KC didn't think a plea was the right thing to do & KC walked because she ignored this blo hard fool.

oh yea, Mason's short memory seems to be a problem too. wonder if Mason ever visit's his former client, Sorono sitting on death row. The defense team imo all = scumbags. I hope no one affilated with the defense makes any money!

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 am

Trials and Error: The Casey Anthony Case

By David Lat

01 Jun 2012 at 6:36 PM

snipped:

J. Cheney Mason, one of Anthony’s defense attorneys, had a different theory. Speaking in his rich Southern accent, he growled that “the media created this [spectacle], and the media capitalized on it.” He complained that there’s no training or credentialing for journalists — in a world where “you need a license to cut hair!”

snipped:

Cheney Mason said that when Caylee died, Casey went into total denial, and she responded to the traumatic situation by simply shutting down.

snipped:

Cheney Mason revealed that he disagreed with his co-counsel’s decision to raise the allegation that Casey Anthony was sexually abused by her father, George Anthony.

snipped:

So what really did happen to Caylee Anthony? Cheney Mason at one point stated, “I know what happened, but I’m not at liberty to say.”

Read more:
http://abovethelaw.com/2012/06/trials-and-error-the-casey-anthony-case/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down