Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

+37
CuriousPortlander
junie4justice
Mylife101
Calypso
One Wonders
Betty P
ishi
Mrs. Holmes
olivier57
Freckles
Alessandra_Deux
Lash
Ann - Tx
SweetT
carlakay
khintx
playmuni
Inparadise
Julie
Dis
wonderingwhy
starlight
Bmore
Marica
KZ
inthedark
Justice4all
Twinkie
Willow123
Hinky's Mimi
Puzzler
Scoobydoo
glazier
Tamta
Eileen_Dover
Wig-o-matic
GlaringError
41 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by GlaringError Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Junie4justice... I appreciate your answer.

Yes, those are not nice things she is doing: Insinuating Rebecca is a child murderer and that a young teenage girl could be to blame.

I would tell Dina to look at the monster she knows. Stop deluding herself. Jonah's money is gone. Why would she want one penny more from that guy? Blood money.

A little off the subject, but... I wish there was a youtube video of Jonah's reaction when he heard the quote from Dina that "having Max was like hitting the lottery." No pun intended, I'm SURE.

GlaringError
GlaringError

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by Inparadise Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 pm

junie4justice wrote:
GlaringError wrote:I love to read all the posts here. There is such great input and angles that I never thought of in this case. I feel like everybody on this thread really wants the killer of Rebecca Zahau to come to justice.

I'm so confused over the vitriol against Dina, though. As far as I am aware of, Dina was not on the scene when Max was injured. To date, in my mind, there are no credible evidences that Dina was on the scene of Rebecca's murder (or suicide, if the case may be) (http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fisher&tversky.htm). The definition of credible may be in controversy, but eyewitness testimony as to who was on the porch is not exactly "credible evidence" and I could give a million links to support that statement.

This woman lost her child. She has endured one of THE most painful tragedies that can befall a human being. So she may be self centered (don't know her). She may not have been paranoid about her child's every move (don't know). She didn't answer the door (yeah, strange) and maybe wasn't home (then lied about where she was, again, don't know). But she wasn't there, according to Jonah Shacknai. Why is she taking on this level of hatred?

ps. I don't go to left handed bull **** site, so if that's it.... sorry, I'm not aware. Wondering if someone can tell me why people are coming down on Dina so hard?

I think because she has lied about several things, as has Jonah (for one, saying he sold Spreckles) and is calling a woman who is dead (OBVIOUSLY a murder) and if not her, maybe her 13 yo sister a murderer. Degrading Rebecca's past (even though she had taken jewelry it was taken off her record and not charged). A woman who cannot defend herself. Telling a lie about the two DR.'s report when only ONE said it was homicide. Degrading and blaming others for a tragedy is not healing her own pain.

Well said my friend.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 pm

I guess the bottom line is many people believe that Dina killed Rebecca.

I guess I'm just not convinced of that yet. Why would Dina call Rebecca's case "suspicious" if she killed Rebecca?

I guess I think of the cliche that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. IMO Dina should consider that.

I suppose its possible everyone is right. But if it is incorrect that Dina killed Rebecca then what a cruel public this is to a woman whose crime was losing her beloved son while he was visiting his dad.

And again, I don't visit any left hand cat sites so I don't see probably most of what the rest of you see.
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't know if anyone recalls the story of a girl who was made to run so strenuously, after taking a popsicle or some other such ridiculousness, that she died.

The story said the girls step-mother and grand mother had been arrested. Further, the story said that it was the grandmother that committed this act against the girl, according to witnesses.

In the comments, poster after poster after poster said the step mom should receive the death penalty, be locked up for life, or some other such horror as limb removal.

The story never said one thing as to any actions by the step mother that caused the girl's death. Not saying she had or had not, because I don't know. The story didn't say. I read it three times.

Those comments chilled my blood. Hope I never encounter the public's outrage.
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm

GlaringError wrote:I don't know if anyone recalls the story of a girl who was made to run so strenuously, after taking a popsicle or some other such ridiculousness, that she died.

The story said the girls step-mother and grand mother had been arrested. Further, the story said that it was the grandmother that committed this act against the girl, according to witnesses.

In the comments, poster after poster after poster said the step mom should receive the death penalty, be locked up for life, or some other such horror as limb removal.

The story never said one thing as to any actions by the step mother that caused the girl's death. Not saying she had or had not, because I don't know. The story didn't say. I read it three times.

Those comments chilled my blood. Hope I never encounter the public's outrage.

Dina will not live a life free from the suspicion of involvement in Rebecca's death
And neither will this girl's step mother be free of involvement in that young girls death.

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Dina Shacknai Begs Council for Review of Son's Death

By Lauren Steussy and Rory Devine | Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 | Updated 4:24 PM PDT

The mother of a boy who died in the Spreckels Mansion last summer stood before the Coronado City Council Tuesday and begged councilmembers to re-open the case of her son's death.

Dina Shacknai has disputed the Sheriff's Department's classification of her son Max's death as an accident after he fell from the Coronado home's stairwell. She maintains that he was assaulted and killed, and has presented independent evidence that disputes the original manner of Max's death.

"I'm here to be the voice of Max Shacknai since he can no longer speak for himself," said Dina, the former wife of Jonah Shacknai, who owned the house.

Read more:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dina-Shacknai-Begs-Council-for-Review-of-Sons-Death--170257296.html

Also from the article above: Coronado's mayor said they would not re-open the case and will honor the police department's decision.

I'm surprised to see that Dina got a response today.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

Puzzler wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Dina Shacknai Begs Council for Review of Son's Death

By Lauren Steussy and Rory Devine | Tuesday, Sep 18, 2012 | Updated 4:24 PM PDT

The mother of a boy who died in the Spreckels Mansion last summer stood before the Coronado City Council Tuesday and begged councilmembers to re-open the case of her son's death.

Dina Shacknai has disputed the Sheriff's Department's classification of her son Max's death as an accident after he fell from the Coronado home's stairwell. She maintains that he was assaulted and killed, and has presented independent evidence that disputes the original manner of Max's death.

"I'm here to be the voice of Max Shacknai since he can no longer speak for himself," said Dina, the former wife of Jonah Shacknai, who owned the house.

Read more:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dina-Shacknai-Begs-Council-for-Review-of-Sons-Death--170257296.html

Also from the article above: Coronado's mayor said they would not re-open the case and will honor the police department's decision.

That response was published at 5:30 am Pacific time (well before the 3pm meeting), and the response was not to Dina, but a quote to the Coronado Patch..........I find it interesting that Mayor Tanaka stated that he supports the CPD, particularly when he was one of the first people to sign Dina's petition to get Max's case reopened. Obviously, Dina was not aware of this, or she chose to not bring up that detail at today's meeting or with the media.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 am

GlaringError wrote:I love to read all the posts here. There is such great input and angles that I never thought of in this case. I feel like everybody on this thread really wants the killer of Rebecca Zahau to come to justice.

I'm so confused over the vitriol against Dina, though. As far as I am aware of, Dina was not on the scene when Max was injured. To date, in my mind, there are no credible evidences that Dina was on the scene of Rebecca's murder (or suicide, if the case may be) (http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fisher&tversky.htm). The definition of credible may be in controversy, but eyewitness testimony as to who was on the porch is not exactly "credible evidence" and I could give a million links to support that statement.

This woman lost her child. She has endured one of THE most painful tragedies that can befall a human being. So she may be self centered (don't know her). She may not have been paranoid about her child's every move (don't know). She didn't answer the door (yeah, strange) and maybe wasn't home (then lied about where she was, again, don't know). But she wasn't there, according to Jonah Shacknai. Why is she taking on this level of hatred?

ps. I don't go to left handed bull **** site, so if that's it.... sorry, I'm not aware. Wondering if someone can tell me why people are coming down on Dina so hard?

.......the vitriol against Dina.

Perhaps it is because Dina's theory about Max's death is that he was murdered, and she blames Rebecca for it.

In several interviews, Dina clearly expressed that she didn't want Max alone with Rebecca, mentioned Rebecca's "criminal" past, and warned the public against leaving a child in the care of someone like her.

Dina's allegations fit neatly into the SDSO theory that Rebecca killed herself out of guilt, Gore didn't explicitly said that Rebecca was responsible for Max's death, but he left the door open to speculations when he said that she committed suicide after she heard a voicemail message from Jonah allegedly telling her that Max's death was imminent.

The problem with this is that there is no credible evidence to support the proposition that Rebecca commited suicide because she was implicated in Max's death, the SDSO failed to offer convincing proof that she died by her own hands.

The SDSO said that the only footprints that were found on the balcony were Rebecca's, that was not true, they also said that only her DNA was on the rope that she allegedly used to hang herself, that wasn't true either. They also play down the importance of certain pieces of evidence, e. g., blood spatter and a clump of hair that was found on the shower wall.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 am

Inparadise wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

That response was published at 5:30 am Pacific time (well before the 3pm meeting), and the response was not to Dina, but a quote to the Coronado Patch..........I find it interesting that Mayor Tanaka stated that he supports the CPD, particularly when he was one of the first people to sign Dina's petition to get Max's case reopened. Obviously, Dina was not aware of this, or she chose to not bring up that detail at today's meeting or with the media.

So the conclusion of the meeting was known prior to the meeting?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 am

Tamta wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

So the conclusion of the meeting was known prior to the meeting?

What was said at the meeting was that the council (including the Mayor) would discuss Dina's request.......but late yesterday, or early today, Tanaka gave an interview with the Coronado Patch stating that he supported the decision of the CPD........he is up for re-election in several weeks, and I am sure that he is trying to "milk" his support base for votes. Let's not forget how he met with Jonah a few times for coffee, and declared him a nice guy. I honestly don't think that Dina gained anything today, except maybe a few more folks who want/wish for her to go away.......

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 am

Tamta wrote:
GlaringError wrote:I don't know if anyone recalls the story of a girl who was made to run so strenuously, after taking a popsicle or some other such ridiculousness, that she died.

Dina will not live a life free from the suspicion of involvement in Rebecca's death.
And neither will this girl's step mother be free of involvement in that young girls death.

BBM. Agreed. The cloud of suspicion will always hover around Dina for involvement and knowledge of Rebecca's death for the rest of Dina's life. She can never escape that. From tour guides to unauthorized books, etc-- she will forever be suspected of involvement in Rebecca's murder. My feeling is her current efforts are aimed at balancing that-- can she also sweep Rebecca into the same aura of suspicion that she has been cloaked in? Her own efforts, IMO, are aimed at making sure Rebecca bears as much suspicion for Max's death, as she bears for Rebecca's enormously suspicious death/ murder. Tit for tat. For a very long time, I have felt Dina's outrage is not about Max at all anymore, but about her OWN outrage that the public still suspects she was responsible in some way for Rebecca's death.

I think Dina feels that Rebecca "got off easy" with the ruling of suicide. She can't begin to rationally look at ANY accident scenario as the cause of Max's death. It is really important to Dina to "nail" Rebecca for Max's death, and punish her again as she lay in her grave. Smear anything good that is said about Rebecca. JMO. More important than holding Jonah, or anyone else, responsible in any way. She has a personal, deep seated, emotional vendetta against Rebecca that even the death/ suicide/ murder of Rebecca cannot quell. As odd and dysfunctional as I find Dina to be, I also pity her. She will possibly be consumed with this vendetta for the rest of her life. Tortured with vindictive, irrational emotions. Unable to make any peace, and unable continue to live her own life in any meaningful way.

I wish she could somehow put all that aside and partner with the Zahau's to reopen BOTH death investigations, where ever that leads. That seems the best outcome for both families. But that isn't gonna happen, obviously. Dina is now committed to following her vendetta. No amount of genuine evidence will dissuade her from what she has convinced herself is her personal, paid for "truth", IMO.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 am

GlaringError wrote:I guess the bottom line is many people believe that Dina killed Rebecca.

I guess I'm just not convinced of that yet. Why would Dina call Rebecca's case "suspicious" if she killed Rebecca?

I guess I think of the cliche that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. IMO Dina should consider that.

I suppose its possible everyone is right. But if it is incorrect that Dina killed Rebecca then what a cruel public this is to a woman whose crime was losing her beloved son while he was visiting his dad.

And again, I don't visit any left hand cat sites so I don't see probably most of what the rest of you see.

I'm not convinced either.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 am

HinkySD wrote:Makes me wonder if she did get a text or voicemail from Jonah earlier on and decided to ignore the knocks on the door. Maybe she put going to the hospital on ice until her bf Sanchez got to the G street house to 'accompany her' to the hospital. I don't know, but she seems very distracted by something.
Two good points:
WHY didn't the bf drive her to the hospital? Pick up the sister from the airport, and lend general support to DS at this time when she certainly needed someone by her side?

Distracted? That puts it very mildly. She is certainly behaving very strangely at this point. Her child is critically injured. Surely, due to her training, she DOES understand this? And she elects to go home rather than stay with her only child? Who would have done this????
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:29 am

Freckles wrote:
HinkySD wrote:Makes me wonder if she did get a text or voicemail from Jonah earlier on and decided to ignore the knocks on the door. Maybe she put going to the hospital on ice until her bf Sanchez got to the G street house to 'accompany her' to the hospital. I don't know, but she seems very distracted by something.
Two good points:
WHY didn't the bf drive her to the hospital? Pick up the sister from the airport, and lend general support to DS at this time when she certainly needed someone by her side?

Distracted? That puts it very mildly. She is certainly behaving very strangely at this point. Her child is critically injured. Surely, due to her training, she DOES understand this? And she elects to go home rather than stay with her only child? Who would have done this????

Well, she did have house guests to tend to..........I know that if it were me, and my child were in the hospital (even for something minor), I would not leave their side.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am

http://maxshacknai.com/2012/09/18/transcript-dinas-speech-to-the-coronado-city-council/

Transcript of Dina's remarks to the Coronado City Council
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 am

GlaringError wrote:I guess the bottom line is many people believe that Dina killed Rebecca.

The bottom line may be that Dina is not believed in regards to few significant issues, not simply just whether she killed Rebecca or not-

And that's not due to the blogosphere.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts on the questions I asked.

One thing really stuck with me and reminded me of something a friend once told me. She made a commitment to herself, after having children, she would no longer drink alcohol to the point of intoxication. Even if she had a sitter and her children were not in her care. She thought ahead of what might happen if she was drunk. What if one of her kids were injuried and she had to go to the hospital? She was concerned that she would not be able to make the proper medical decisions for her child if she was intoxicated. She made me think about how easy it could be to be put in that situation. An innocent night of adult fun could have consequences. I've always admired her for this.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Dina's letter to COPD has some new information regarding CPS and Det. Adkins. I would like to see the documentation she is referencing.

Dina also mentions Dr. Gomez's report. IIRC, this has not been released? If Dina has a copy of Dr. Gomez's report in her custody, why not release it for comparison to Dr. Bove's report?

Not only have you failed to properly investigate and pursue justice both in the original investigation and in considering my request to reopen the case, but you have made glaring mistakes - including but not limited to the items I have already addressed in this letter, but also among other things: (1) in collecting but not processing DNA undemeath Max's fingernails; (2) misplacing evidence from the evidence locker, i.e. the link that connected the chandelier to the chain that was photographed and retrieved at the scene; and (3) retrieving "evidence" from the garbage can at the home where Maxie suffered his injuries five days after the incident and one day after CPS called you. And why, by the way, did Detective Atkins direct CPS not to call me after they were contacted about Max by doctors at Rady Children's Hospital on Thursday, July 14,2011? This instruction to CPS by Detective Adkins is documented.

In fact, his ooanalysis" provided the basis for the diagram released at the September 2,2011 press conference (a diagram I note that while released at the press conference, predated Dr. Gomez's written report by three weeks, and which diagram was not even prepared by Dr. Gomez but by someone at the District Attorney's office) and which diagram Sheriff Gore announced depicted the COPD's conclusion as to how Max's "accident" occurred.

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dina_Shacknai_Response_To_COPD.pdf
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Lash wrote:Dina's letter to COPD has some new information regarding CPS and Det. Adkins. I would like to see the documentation she is referencing.

Dina also mentions Dr. Gomez's report. IIRC, this has not been released? If Dina has a copy of Dr. Gomez's report in her custody, why not release it for comparison to Dr. Bove's report?

Not only have you failed to properly investigate and pursue justice both in the original investigation and in considering my request to reopen the case, but you have made glaring mistakes - including but not limited to the items I have already addressed in this letter, but also among other things: (1) in collecting but not processing DNA undemeath Max's fingernails; (2) misplacing evidence from the evidence locker, i.e. the link that connected the chandelier to the chain that was photographed and retrieved at the scene; and (3) retrieving "evidence" from the garbage can at the home where Maxie suffered his injuries five days after the incident and one day after CPS called you. And why, by the way, did Detective Atkins direct CPS not to call me after they were contacted about Max by doctors at Rady Children's Hospital on Thursday, July 14,2011? This instruction to CPS by Detective Adkins is documented.

In fact, his ooanalysis" provided the basis for the diagram released at the September 2,2011 press conference (a diagram I note that while released at the press conference, predated Dr. Gomez's written report by three weeks, and which diagram was not even prepared by Dr. Gomez but by someone at the District Attorney's office) and which diagram Sheriff Gore announced depicted the COPD's conclusion as to how Max's "accident" occurred.

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dina_Shacknai_Response_To_COPD.pdf

It sounds like Dina needs to follow up with Gore, the owner of said trash pile cited in the Search Warrant, the President of Rady Hospital, and CPS.

I can't believe this has escaped her.
Has the 'Team' done that?

Maybe there's no time because of media obligations?
Is Martz over booking this woman?

Guys have some mercy.
She's a scientist not a celebrity.

Why would she not have rights to the documentation on possible CPS contact involving Max and hospital information providing their basis and action responding concerns relevant to CPS?
Let's get to work on that.

No disrespect to Max but..
Yadda yadda yadda:

Evidence disregarded and not explained?
Leads not followed through?
Old story at the Blended Family Mansion with Uncle Gore.

In fact- kind of sounds like Bremner and the Zahaus.

Oh wait- that may be the point.....

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Tamta wrote:
It sounds like Dina needs to follow up with Gore, the owner of said trash pile cited in the Search Warrant, the President of Rady Hospital, and CPS.

I can't believe this has escaped her.
Has the 'Team' done that?

Maybe there's no time because of media obligations?
Is Martz over booking this woman?

Guys have some mercy.
She's a scientist not a celebrity.

Why would she not have rights to the documentation on possible CPS contact involving Max and hospital information providing their basis and action responding concerns relevant to CPS?
Let's get to work on that.

No disrespect to Max but..
Yadda yadda yadda:

Evidence disregarded and not explained?
Leads not followed through?
Old story at the Blended Family Mansion with Uncle Gore.

In fact- kind of sounds like Bremner and the Zahaus.

Oh wait- that may be the point.....

BBM - To quote Dina, "glaring mistakes" with the evidence in Max's investigation. The Zahau's believe the evidence is "erroneous" in Rebecca's investigation. Both families hold similar beliefs regarding the evidence in their loved ones investigation. Goodness sakes, it is glaringly obvious both cases are erroneous!

It now appears my trust was decidedly misplaced, and neither you nor Sheriff Gore have honored your commitments to me. Not only have you failed to properly investigate and pursue justice both in the original investigation and in considering my request to reopen the case, but you have made glaring mistakes

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 pm

BBM - To quote Dina, "glaring mistakes" with the evidence in Max's investigation. The Zahau's believe the evidence is "erroneous" in Rebecca's investigation. Both families hold similar beliefs regarding the evidence in their loved ones investigation.

---------------------

Glaring.
I bet she's really angry, in qualifying those investigatory errors with using that word: GLARING.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Lash wrote:...
... And why, by the way, did Detective Atkins direct CPS not to call me after they were contacted about Max by doctors at Rady Children's Hospital on Thursday, July 14,2011? This instruction to CPS by Detective Adkins is documented.

I can think of three reasons.

1. Perhaps Dina did not have primary custody?
2. Perhaps Dina was considered a suspect? In both cases?
3. Perhaps LE didn't trust Dina would be rational and sane if she believed someone suffocated her son?
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm

vegret wrote:

3. Perhaps LE didn't trust Dina would be rational and sane if she believed someone suffocated her son?

Great suggestions.

Dina appears to have no alibi the night rebecca died, and was off the radar that day as well while Max was still in hospital, and she seems to have no alibi when Max was injured and LE attests to her not being reachable that day either.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 pm

vegret wrote:

It is my understanding that Jonah and Dina shared "joint legal custody", which is the norm in Maricopa County Family Court. That being said, since the records are sealed, no way to verify one way or the other. Perhaps Det. Adkins was instructed by Jonah on this?

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Perhaps Adkins was instructed by Jonah. But then the question may have been asked by Adkins..."who has primary custody?"

Joint legal custody in some states only pertains to medical, educational, etc. situations. As in important, critical decisions, need to be notified and agreed to and by both parties. Joint physical custody being both parents have equal time with child/children. But PRIMARY CUSTODY is usually awarded to to the parent who is deemed (rightfully or wrongfully) to be, for lack of the right terminology, the more reasonable and sane parent. All three are usually addressed in custody agreements.

There's a reason why Dina chose NOT to take Jonah back to court concerning her son being with Rebecca alone. I dare say, it's because Jonah had primary custody, also catalyst to her wanting revenge.

All my opinion of course.
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

@ Vegret,

I think a custody dispute or maneuvering to get a judge to order a parenting plan would have spurred investigating (those police reports would have been unearthed) and the two of them confronting their violence in the home and then a third party Potentially (CPS) getting involved.

IMO, that's why the legal conflict regarding custody was perhaps avoided.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm

vegret wrote:Perhaps Adkins was instructed by Jonah. But then the question may have been asked by Adkins..."who has primary custody?"

Joint legal custody in some states only pertains to medical, educational, etc. situations. As in important, critical decisions, need to be notified and agreed to and by both parties. Joint physical custody being both parents have equal time with child/children. But PRIMARY CUSTODY is usually awarded to to the parent who is deemed (rightfully or wrongfully) to be, for lack of the right terminology, the more reasonable and sane parent. All three are usually addressed in custody agreements.

There's a reason why Dina chose NOT to take Jonah back to court concerning her son being with Rebecca alone. I dare say, it's because Jonah had primary custody, also catalyst to her wanting revenge.

I can speak from experience about Maricopa County regarding Joint Custody of minor children. It is the norm to grant both Joint Legal and Physical Custody. The only time that the court will grant Sole or primary custody is if the court believes that one of the parents is totally incapable of caring for a child. Having said that, it is extremely difficult to prove one parent is unfit, short of them being a murderer. My husband's ex had an obvious drinking problem, allowed her then 12 year old daughter to drink alcoholic beverages and have boys spend the night in her home, and the court, because they believe that children should spend equal time with both parents, awarded joint legal and physical custody.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Tamta wrote:@ Vegret,

I think a custody dispute or maneuvering to get a judge to order a parenting plan would have spurred investigating (those police reports would have been unearthed) and the two of them confronting their violence in the home and then a third party Potentially (CPS) getting involved.

IMO, that's why the legal conflict regarding custody was perhaps avoided.

When there is conflict about the parenting plan in Maricopa County, the judge will appoint a Parenting Co-ordinator, who will work with the parents in the best interest of the children. The court doesn't want these petty arguments clogging up the calendar.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by junie4justice Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 pm

vegret wrote:Perhaps Adkins was instructed by Jonah. But then the question may have been asked by Adkins..."who has primary custody?"

From what we've been told, everyone believes everything Jonah says in this case, right?
junie4justice
junie4justice

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:55 pm

KZ wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Dina will not live a life free from the suspicion of involvement in Rebecca's death.

BBM. Agreed. The cloud of suspicion will always hover around Dina for involvement and knowledge of Rebecca's death for the rest of Dina's life. She can never escape that. From tour guides to unauthorized books, etc-- she will forever be suspected of involvement in Rebecca's murder. My feeling is her current efforts are aimed at balancing that-- can she also sweep Rebecca into the same aura of suspicion that she has been cloaked in? Her own efforts, IMO, are aimed at making sure Rebecca bears as much suspicion for Max's death, as she bears for Rebecca's enormously suspicious death/ murder. Tit for tat. For a very long time, I have felt Dina's outrage is not about Max at all anymore, but about her OWN outrage that the public still suspects she was responsible in some way for Rebecca's death.

I think Dina feels that Rebecca "got off easy" with the ruling of suicide. She can't begin to rationally look at ANY accident scenario as the cause of Max's death. It is really important to Dina to "nail" Rebecca for Max's death, and punish her again as she lay in her grave. Smear anything good that is said about Rebecca. JMO. More important than holding Jonah, or anyone else, responsible in any way. She has a personal, deep seated, emotional vendetta against Rebecca that even the death/ suicide/ murder of Rebecca cannot quell. As odd and dysfunctional as I find Dina to be, I also pity her. She will possibly be consumed with this vendetta for the rest of her life. Tortured with vindictive, irrational emotions. Unable to make any peace, and unable continue to live her own life in any meaningful way.

I wish she could somehow put all that aside and partner with the Zahau's to reopen BOTH death investigations, where ever that leads. That seems the best outcome for both families. But that isn't gonna happen, obviously. Dina is now committed to following her vendetta. No amount of genuine evidence will dissuade her from what she has convinced herself is her personal, paid for "truth", IMO.

Thank you for your answer, also KZ and everyone else.

I totally agree on many, if not most of the observations you make. My difference is in opinion on Dina's thought process. I think that she thinks Rebecca did something to Max because I believe she is still somewhat under the sway of Jonah. I think that she has been told many things by some lying and some conniving and some manipulating people. I think its possible she could still come to understand that Rebecca was murdered. Could be wrong, but its just another person's guess.
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 pm

"She also called on police to again interview Zahau's teen-age sister, who was at the mansion when Max fell, and determine if she and Zahau were the only ones home at the time."

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/mother-of-late-max-shacknai-pleads-her-son-s-case-to-council

If Dina really thought the matter had been settled as to who was at the house at the time of the "accident" then I don't think Dina would specifically ask this. Looks like an open mind to all the possibilities to me. I am really optimistic about that dynamic :)
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

GlaringError wrote:"She also called on police to again interview Zahau's teen-age sister, who was at the mansion when Max fell, and determine if she and Zahau were the only ones home at the time."

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/mother-of-late-max-shacknai-pleads-her-son-s-case-to-council

If Dina really thought the matter had been settled as to who was at the house at the time of the "accident" then I don't think Dina would specifically ask this. Looks like an open mind to all the possibilities to me. I am really optimistic about that dynamic :)

Snipped.

HALLIER: No, it`s -- I don`t think we know enough to classify it because we don`t know the intent, and two of the three people that were in the house when this happened are no longer with us. I hope if the Coronado police department opens this back up, they might do other further investigation.

HALLIER: Well, you know what? We don`t know. Like I said, there was three people we knew in the home, all we know was this was an assault scenario resulting in his death.

HALLIER: Well, I think again it`s the same answer. There were three people in the house. We know Xena was interviewed. I don`t know that that interview went far enough to really find out what she not only maybe saw but heard.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/13/ddhln.01.html

---------

Does Dina possess an opinion different from her lawyer?

And what does Hallier mean to say: there WERE three or she KNOWS of three?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am

Tamta wrote:
GlaringError wrote:"She also called on police to again interview Zahau's teen-age sister, who was at the mansion when Max fell, and determine if she and Zahau were the only ones home at the time."

Snipped.

HALLIER: No, it`s -- I don`t think we know enough to classify it because we don`t know the intent, and two of the three people that were in the house when this happened are no longer with us. I hope if the Coronado police department opens this back up, they might do other further investigation.

HALLIER: Well, you know what? We don`t know. Like I said, there was three people we knew in the home, all we know was this was an assault scenario resulting in his death.

HALLIER: Well, I think again it`s the same answer. There were three people in the house. We know Xena was interviewed. I don`t know that that interview went far enough to really find out what she not only maybe saw but heard.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/13/ddhln.01.html

---------

Does Dina possess an opinion different from her lawyer?

And what does Hallier mean to say: there WERE three or she KNOWS of three?
They both have to suspect that there were "others" present at Spreckels when Max "fell".......if Hallier hasn't considered that as a distinct possibility, then she isn't much of an attorney......IMO.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:26 am

IMO, there were MORE than 3 people in the home when Max " fell". Minimum of 4 and maximum of 6.Add it again.

JMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you GE! I totally missed this part of the article on my first read. Hmmm? This has always been a debated part of the timeline. I've never had an OPINION on who was or was not at the mansion when the accident happened. I've only had an interest in knowing the FACTS surrounding the comings and goings that morning. Does anyone know if Dina made this statement to a reporter or the city council members?

In the past year it has been postulated by bloggers that JS could have hurt Max and RZ was covering for JS. Many have speculated the older children were there planking with Max and JS was also covering this up. Now we have accusations of rough jiu jitsu play between RZ and Max ending in an assault. We also have bloggers claiming XZ is really RZ's daughter, jealous of Max and possibly to the point of hurting Max. Now that Dina has come out alleging Max was a victim of homicide, it is more important than ever to know the alibis of every person in that house the 12 hours prior and leading up to Max's tragic fall. If Dina does not already have these details, as proven alibis, I support her in seeking the information. I do not believe Dina can further her claim Max was assaulted by RZ or XZ without these details. It would only appear bias and not genuine on Dina's part.

In my opinion Rebecca was murdered because of what happened to Max. All of the above accusations could be motives for murder.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am

BBM.

Well, I completely disagree that Dina has an open mind about what happened to Max. IMO, her mind is completely closed to any other possibilities beyond the one that she has paid for. The only way that truth will come out is for Dina to embrace an open mind to ALL the possibilities that explain what happened to Max. But this might be a double edged sword for her, imo, so she doesn't want to look at, or genuinely consider that what happened to Max may have actually been an accident, such as a result of kids horsing around. Because if what happened to Max actually WAS an accident, and Rebecca was murdered because someone thought she was responsible, well, that may not be a comfortable place for Dina to be. She has publicly levelled a lot of baseless accusations and vitriol toward both RZ and her sister.

In fact, she appears completely wedded to only ONE scenario-- that Max was assaulted, and that this was perpetrated by X and/ or RZ. She says that 9 months of her paid investigation brought her to this conclusion, but I don't see her actively seeking any OTHER possibilities. I see 9 months of massaging her assault theory until finally the reports could be cobbled together to suggest that assault was a possibility. It is far, far from being any kind of fact, despite her sound bite of "science doesn't lie." Her own paid experts also made this clear in their reports. Bove in particular stated he was directed to do only 2 things: see if an assault fit the scenario, and re-analyze (disprove) the Gomez' schematic. He wasn't directed or paid to look at any other scenarios, and he would not commit to stating an assault was the definitive outcome. Melinek outlines her "many discussions" with Dina, and uses blogger comments from a hate-filled site, a tabloid magazine, and Wikipedia to support her conclusions of an assault. "Many" discussions with Dina should not have been necessary, since Dina was not present when Max fell, and further goes to suggest that Dina lead the discussions and pointed her paid expert in the direction she wanted her to go with her report. That is patently ridiculous, and I believe that Melinek's report, in particular, has been ridiculed behind closed doors, and impeded Dina's request for a new investigation. What were authorities really supposed to do? Say, "Ok. A paid doctor says some hate filled blog says this was an assault-- sure, we'll just get right on reopening this. And golly-- just look at the People magazine articles and the Wikipedia stuff she references! Why didn't WE think of that?"

What struck me as the most glaring error in all of Melinek's report is how very LITTLE she relied on, and quoted Max's medical records as part of her opinion. She is a forensic doctor-- that should have been the core of all of her opinions and observations. She should have commented that she received the Wiki, tabloid, and blog content from Dina, and then stated that she had to completely reject all of it as immaterial, unscientific, and anecdotal, and unequivocally state that she did not read any of it or consider it when forming her opinions and review. That is ridiculous that she allowed those sources to stand in her report unchallenged--- but then again, she was paid to do so.

The Gomez report/ analysis CAN be wrong. And the manner of death can STILL be an accident. This is the genuine truth that Dina has still not even begun to entertain. Assault and homicide are NOT the ONLY other options. It is not a mystery who was in the home when Max fell. Police certainly know. No one has to "re-interview X" to find that out. Why didn't Dina call for police to re-interview the older Shacknai teens? Why didn't Dina call for police to re-interview Jonah? The older teens either were present, or were not present and on a plane-- that is pretty easy to establish and release if any of the parents or police wanted to release that. It may be a mystery to US in the blogosphere, but it isn't a mystery to the ones who were, or were not present. That minors are involved has certainly complicated what information has been released, and will continue to complicate that.

(I'm reposting my post below from another site because it is relevant to the discussion of how open minded Dina is, or is not.)

I support the reopening of both Max’s, and Rebecca’s death investigations. I would be happy to support a petition that advocates for reopening BOTH investigations, because I believe BOTH were highly flawed. To that end, I am in agreement with one of Dina’s assertions: that the Gomez analysis is flawed and incorrect. However, I also believe that the Gomez report CAN be incorrect, and Max’s death STILL be an accident. I am concerned that Dina has apparently bought into an “either/ or” situation with her paid experts. Meaning, she believes that “if” the Gomez report is wrong, “then” Max’s death was a homicide. This is not logical, or rational. Flawed critical thinking. There are more potential options than that.

It is abundantly clear that Dina’s own experts were guided to analyze ONLY a specific scenario: assault and homicide. They were guided to analyze and disprove ONLY the Gomez scenario, and to “prove” assault and homicide. It is entirely possible Gomez WAS wrong in his analysis, and Max’s injuries were STILL the result of an accident. This is what I want to see explored more fully, by professionals that are not hired by the child’s grieving mother. I would like to see a thorough, independent, biometric analysis of “planking” in various positions and planes in the stairwell, because this is one of the earliest explanations for Max’s injuries that was documented by MSM articles. As well as a thorough explanation of other scenarios (reaching for a toy caught in the chandelier, scooter tricks, etc). We now have 2 scenarios—the Gomez fall, and Dina’s “Rebecca or X assaulted Max” scenarios. Let’s look at ALL of the possibilities.

Dina is clearly grieving and tortured about the horrific injuries her son experienced. She deserves answers. Many highly experienced, credentialed, high level professionals would help, if she and Jonah were to cooperate and release Max’s medical records. Max’s medical records hold the answers to the truth. I urge Dina to selectively release all of Max’s medical records (including radiographic reports), with Jonah’s concurrence. Some very high level, expert professionals, care about these 2 deaths, and would be happy to review the medical records and comment, for free. Dina has not explored this possibility. Dina has had no personal issues posting pictures of Max in ICU as though these pictures conclusively prove something; Max’s actual medical records will be able to conclusively determine and settle a lot of issues about his injuries. I am sensitive to the privacy concerns of medical records, but I also think that these records should be available in conjunction with her independent expert’s reports. Otherwise, the reports are only one sided, without the ability for other experts to concur or disagree.

If Dina truly wants to find out what happened to her deeply beloved son, and I think she does, she should think beyond her paid experts. Her paid experts were quite constrained in their paid work product. Dina’s sound bite of “science doesn’t lie” rings hollow, because her experts were so constrained. Cast a wide net, and much more information is possible. But if she is convinced, and committed to only ONE other scenario—assault and homicide—then it is going to be impossible for any official agency to look at her data seriously. The way she has gone about her “independent investigation” is so flawed, scientifically, that the results cannot be given credibility by official agencies, IMO. No one is willing to say that because of her obvious grief. ONE alternate theory, that has been directed by the person paying, is not compelling.

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

KZ wrote:

BBM.

Well, I completely disagree that Dina has an open mind about what happened to Max. IMO, her mind is completely closed to any other possibilities beyond the one that she has paid for. The only way that truth will come out is for Dina to embrace an open mind to ALL the possibilities that explain what happened to Max. But this might be a double edged sword for her, imo, so she doesn't want to look at, or genuinely consider that what happened to Max may have actually been an accident, such as a result of kids horsing around. Because if what happened to Max actually WAS an accident, and Rebecca was murdered because someone thought she was responsible, well, that may not be a comfortable place for Dina to be. She has publicly levelled a lot of baseless accusations and vitriol toward both RZ and her sister.

In fact, she appears completely wedded to only ONE scenario-- that Max was assaulted, and that this was perpetrated by X and/ or RZ. She says that 9 months of her paid investigation brought her to this conclusion, but I don't see her actively seeking any OTHER possibilities. I see 9 months of massaging her assault theory until finally the reports could be cobbled together to suggest that assault was a possibility. It is far, far from being any kind of fact, despite her sound bite of "science doesn't lie." Her own paid experts also made this clear in their reports. Bove in particular stated he was directed to do only 2 things: see if an assault fit the scenario, and re-analyze (disprove) the Gomez' schematic. He wasn't directed or paid to look at any other scenarios, and he would not commit to stating an assault was the definitive outcome. Melinek outlines her "many discussions" with Dina, and uses blogger comments from a hate-filled site, a tabloid magazine, and Wikipedia to support her conclusions of an assault. "Many" discussions with Dina should not have been necessary, since Dina was not present when Max fell, and further goes to suggest that Dina lead the discussions and pointed her paid expert in the direction she wanted her to go with her report. That is patently ridiculous, and I believe that Melinek's report, in particular, has been ridiculed behind closed doors, and impeded Dina's request for a new investigation. What were authorities really supposed to do? Say, "Ok. A paid doctor says some hate filled blog says this was an assault-- sure, we'll just get right on reopening this. And golly-- just look at the People magazine articles and the Wikipedia stuff she references! Why didn't WE think of that?"

What struck me as the most glaring error in all of Melinek's report is how very LITTLE she relied on, and quoted Max's medical records as part of her opinion. She is a forensic doctor-- that should have been the core of all of her opinions and observations. She should have commented that she received the Wiki, tabloid, and blog content from Dina, and then stated that she had to completely reject all of it as immaterial, unscientific, and anecdotal, and unequivocally state that she did not read any of it or consider it when forming her opinions and review. That is ridiculous that she allowed those sources to stand in her report unchallenged--- but then again, she was paid to do so.

The Gomez report/ analysis CAN be wrong. And the manner of death can STILL be an accident. This is the genuine truth that Dina has still not even begun to entertain. Assault and homicide are NOT the ONLY other options. It is not a mystery who was in the home when Max fell. Police certainly know. No one has to "re-interview X" to find that out. Why didn't Dina call for police to re-interview the older Shacknai teens? Why didn't Dina call for police to re-interview Jonah? The older teens either were present, or were not present and on a plane-- that is pretty easy to establish and release if any of the parents or police wanted to release that. It may be a mystery to US in the blogosphere, but it isn't a mystery to the ones who were, or were not present. That minors are involved has certainly complicated what information has been released, and will continue to complicate that.

(I'm reposting my post below from another site because it is relevant to the discussion of how open minded Dina is, or is not.)

I support the reopening of both Max’s, and Rebecca’s death investigations. I would be happy to support a petition that advocates for reopening BOTH investigations, because I believe BOTH were highly flawed. To that end, I am in agreement with one of Dina’s assertions: that the Gomez analysis is flawed and incorrect. However, I also believe that the Gomez report CAN be incorrect, and Max’s death STILL be an accident. I am concerned that Dina has apparently bought into an “either/ or” situation with her paid experts. Meaning, she believes that “if” the Gomez report is wrong, “then” Max’s death was a homicide. This is not logical, or rational. Flawed critical thinking. There are more potential options than that.

It is abundantly clear that Dina’s own experts were guided to analyze ONLY a specific scenario: assault and homicide. They were guided to analyze and disprove ONLY the Gomez scenario, and to “prove” assault and homicide. It is entirely possible Gomez WAS wrong in his analysis, and Max’s injuries were STILL the result of an accident. This is what I want to see explored more fully, by professionals that are not hired by the child’s grieving mother. I would like to see a thorough, independent, biometric analysis of “planking” in various positions and planes in the stairwell, because this is one of the earliest explanations for Max’s injuries that was documented by MSM articles. As well as a thorough explanation of other scenarios (reaching for a toy caught in the chandelier, scooter tricks, etc). We now have 2 scenarios—the Gomez fall, and Dina’s “Rebecca or X assaulted Max” scenarios. Let’s look at ALL of the possibilities.

Dina is clearly grieving and tortured about the horrific injuries her son experienced. She deserves answers. Many highly experienced, credentialed, high level professionals would help, if she and Jonah were to cooperate and release Max’s medical records. Max’s medical records hold the answers to the truth. I urge Dina to selectively release all of Max’s medical records (including radiographic reports), with Jonah’s concurrence. Some very high level, expert professionals, care about these 2 deaths, and would be happy to review the medical records and comment, for free. Dina has not explored this possibility. Dina has had no personal issues posting pictures of Max in ICU as though these pictures conclusively prove something; Max’s actual medical records will be able to conclusively determine and settle a lot of issues about his injuries. I am sensitive to the privacy concerns of medical records, but I also think that these records should be available in conjunction with her independent expert’s reports. Otherwise, the reports are only one sided, without the ability for other experts to concur or disagree.

If Dina truly wants to find out what happened to her deeply beloved son, and I think she does, she should think beyond her paid experts. Her paid experts were quite constrained in their paid work product. Dina’s sound bite of “science doesn’t lie” rings hollow, because her experts were so constrained. Cast a wide net, and much more information is possible. But if she is convinced, and committed to only ONE other scenario—assault and homicide—then it is going to be impossible for any official agency to look at her data seriously. The way she has gone about her “independent investigation” is so flawed, scientifically, that the results cannot be given credibility by official agencies, IMO. No one is willing to say that because of her obvious grief. ONE alternate theory, that has been directed by the person paying, is not compelling.

BBM. I think that asking for Rebecca's 13 year old sister to be re-interviewed is because she thinks there is a possibility someone else was there. That says to me that she has not settled on Rebecca being the cause.

It is possible that Max's fall was a pure child's play accident. It is also possible that Max was assaulted. I wish the police would investigate that, as well as Rebecca Zahau's apparent murder.

Interesting to me is that law enforcement reports to the public seem to leave out critical points, which are later uncovered when they have to release reports.

For example: That Rebecca was banged on the head, gagged and had tape residue on her legs. Also not shown to the publice: The significant damage to the banister. That much damage to the banister looks like more than a simple slip and fall. Was he holding the scooter? Did the scooter damage the banister? Why didn't he fall straight down if he was on the banister?

Wow!!! Your son is fatally injured playing around the house while you aren't there and you don't want to go to the house and inspect the area where this happened and you have no questions how this could have happened (it obviously isn't what the SO powerpoint said happened)??? Dina wanted to inspect it. Rebecca's family wanted to inspect it.

GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Tamta wrote:BBM - To quote Dina, "glaring mistakes" with the evidence in Max's investigation. The Zahau's believe the evidence is "erroneous" in Rebecca's investigation. Both families hold similar beliefs regarding the evidence in their loved ones investigation.

---------------------

Glaring.
I bet she's really angry, in qualifying those investigatory errors with using that word: GLARING.

I personally thought that the mistakes (or on purposes) were glaring. That's why I made the name "GlaringError."

The errors in the investigations of these cases (whether on purpose or because of bungling idiots) are, in my mind, glaring. Can't think of a better description Evil or Very Mad

Does this lady sound like a murderer?>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139DK-MsmBM
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Dina Shacknai Returns to Coronado - Wants Spreckels Mansion Death Reopened

Added by Surf's Up Studios, Coronado on September 19, 2012 at 12:58pm

I met with Dina Shacknai before and after her appearance at city council.

Returning to the city that she said was her son's favorite place to be, Dina Shacknai made an emotional appeal Tuesday to the Coronado City Council to conduct its own review of the investigation into the 6-year-old's death last year at the beachfront Spreckels mansion owned by her ex-husband.

Shacknai, who lives in Arizona but has a vacation home in Coronado, appeared before the council during the public comments session, during which members of the public can address council members for three minutes.

http://www.ecoronado.com/video/mystery-death-coronado-mansion-murder-suicide-accident-dr-phil-to?xg_source=activity
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Dina Shacknai Returns to Coronado - Wants Spreckels Mansion Death Reopened

Added by Surf's Up Studios, Coronado on September 19, 2012 at 12:58pm

I met with Dina Shacknai before and after her appearance at city council.

Returning to the city that she said was her son's favorite place to be, Dina Shacknai made an emotional appeal Tuesday to the Coronado City Council to conduct its own review of the investigation into the 6-year-old's death last year at the beachfront Spreckels mansion owned by her ex-husband.

Shacknai, who lives in Arizona but has a vacation home in Coronado, appeared before the council during the public comments session, during which members of the public can address council members for three minutes.

http://www.ecoronado.com/video/mystery-death-coronado-mansion-murder-suicide-accident-dr-phil-to?xg_source=activity

If Dina has a vacation home in Coronado, then why was she staying at a hotel in downtown San Diego? She does not own property in Coronado, nor in PV.........Jonah's trusts own it all. If I were her, I would be worried that he would evict her from the house at 6135 E Caballo Drive. And she is not a resident of California.......I don't understand why she makes statements like this that just make her look bad in the eye of the public.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 am

"Shacknai later married Dina Romano. Property records show she owns a house near the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado. She also owns a $1.2 million house in Paradise Valley, records show.

A woman answering a call Wednesday night to a wireless phone associated with Dina Shacknai said that she was not talking to the media."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/07/13/20110713shacknai-medicis-ceo-womans-death-reported-san-diego.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz27AdEdVh1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:"Shacknai later married Dina Romano. Property records show she owns a house near the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado. She also owns a $1.2 million house in Paradise Valley, records show.

A woman answering a call Wednesday night to a wireless phone associated with Dina Shacknai said that she was not talking to the media."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/07/13/20110713shacknai-medicis-ceo-womans-death-reported-san-diego.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz27AdEdVh1

Check the property records on the house on G ave.....it is ownedby the Jonah Shacknai Trust........he pays the property taxes on it as well. He purchased the home in 2000.......Dina does not own it, nor any other property in Coronado, nor does she own the house that she resides in in PV........check the Maricopa County records......I have and she does not own either property. Dina had use of the G Ave house until Max turned 18.....she was last seen there over Labor Day weekend 2011 with a girl friend, and they removed several boxes and suitcases and loaded them into their SUV. Jonah has stayed in the house a few times since July, 2011, and his yacht and small boat are still docked at the Glorietta Bay Marina in Coronado. I have seen him myself several times on what is now "HIS GLORY".

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 am

Inparadise wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:"Shacknai later married Dina Romano. Property records show she owns a house near the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado. She also owns a $1.2 million house in Paradise Valley, records show.

Check the property records on the house on G ave.....it is ownedby the Jonah Shacknai Trust........he pays the property taxes on it as well. He purchased the home in 2000.......Dina does not own it, nor any other property in Coronado, nor does she own the house that she resides in in PV........check the Maricopa County records......I have and she does not own either property. Dina had use of the G Ave house until Max turned 18.....she was last seen there over Labor Day weekend 2011 with a girl friend, and they removed several boxes and suitcases and loaded them into their SUV. Jonah has stayed in the house a few times since July, 2011, and his yacht and small boat are still docked at the Glorietta Bay Marina in Coronado. I have seen him myself several times on what is now "HIS GLORY".

That was a 7/2011 article.

I wonder if they were sourcing tax records that hadn't reflected the very recent divorce of Jonah and Dina.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:52 am

Tamta wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

I wonder if they were sourcing tax records that hadn't reflected the very recent divorce of Jonah and Dina.

I have checked both on a regular basis since this case began, and both properties are owned by the Jonah Shacknai Trust........just as is Spreckels. There was never any sale to 1043 Ocean LLC, it was all a ruse.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 am

Inparadise wrote:
Tamta wrote:

I have checked both on a regular basis since this case began, and both properties are owned by the Jonah Shacknai Trust........just as is Spreckels. There was never any sale to 1043 Ocean LLC, it was all a ruse.

Misreporting?

Many 'journalists' source other articles and don't check facts.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 am

Tamta wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

Misreporting?

Indeed. Dina said the other day at the city council meeting that she was a home owner and a resident.......not one media outlet bothered to fact check.......if they had, they would not have reported that.

Many 'journalists' source other articles and don't check facts.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=139DK-MsmBM <<
Frankly, I don't give a hot damn what Dina owns or doesn't own. The entire moral of this story is that MONEY should not and ultimately WILL NOT buy you freedom from justice.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 16 19983
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am

Tamta wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

They got divorced in 2008.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Their settlement was re-negotiated in 2011.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 am

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Their settlement was re-negotiated in 2011.

They filed for divorce in 2008............there is a big difference between filing for a divorce and when it is final.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next