Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

+37
CuriousPortlander
junie4justice
Mylife101
Calypso
One Wonders
Betty P
ishi
Mrs. Holmes
olivier57
Freckles
Alessandra_Deux
Lash
Ann - Tx
SweetT
carlakay
khintx
playmuni
Inparadise
Julie
Dis
wonderingwhy
starlight
Bmore
Marica
KZ
inthedark
Justice4all
Twinkie
Willow123
Hinky's Mimi
Puzzler
Scoobydoo
glazier
Tamta
Eileen_Dover
Wig-o-matic
GlaringError
41 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:36 am

GlaringError wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=139DK-MsmBM <<
Frankly, I don't give a hot damn what Dina owns or doesn't own. The entire moral of this story is that MONEY should not and ultimately WILL NOT buy you freedom from justice.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 19983
Well, perhaps you should care..........in this case, the one with the most money has the most influence over LE, and wins hands down, and gets away with his story being the one believed.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by Tamta Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 am

Maybe the DA has the chandalier parts?

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 am

Inparadise wrote:
GlaringError wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=139DK-MsmBM <<
Frankly, I don't give a hot damn what Dina owns or doesn't own. The entire moral of this story is that MONEY should not and ultimately WILL NOT buy you freedom from justice.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 19983
Well, perhaps you should care..........in this case, the one with the most money has the most influence over LE, and wins hands down, and gets away with his story being the one believed.

The entire moral of Dina's story is that FABRICATION should not and ULTIMATELY WILL NOT
get the results you are seeking.
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 am

vegret wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

The entire moral of Dina's story is that FABRICATION should not and ULTIMATELY WILL NOT

Dina's story has plenty of fabrication in it......

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 am

From what we have learned, it seems much of Dina's adult life, at best, has been embellishment, at worse has been blatant fabrication.

At this point, if Dina did start telling truths, I wouldn't believe them. The mold has been cast. She is responsible for that. No one else.
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 am

vegret wrote:From what we have learned, it seems much of Dina's adult life, at best, has been embellishment, at worse has been blatant fabrication.

At this point, if Dina did start telling truths, I wouldn't believe them. The mold has been cast. She is responsible for that. No one else.

Agreed. Pretty much every comment Dina makes publicly about herself is histrionic, exaggerated, and embellished. And because of that, IMO, she is taken less seriously about very serious things, like lobbying to reopen her son's death investigation.

For example, did she REALLY think that slipping in a blatant career fabrication "...as a scientist..." into her Coronado City Council comments was somehow going to persuade them more strongly to do something? Does she really think ANYONE believes she is a "scientist?" What planet is she living on? That's completely delusional, given her educational background, thin career profile, and lack of professional license. (Sorry Dina-- 4th author as a student researcher on ONE journal article is not grounds to call yourself a scientist, on any planet in this solar system.)

Dina Shacknai is not a scientist, behavioral scientist, or otherwise. She is, however, a grieving mother with an ongoing vendetta against a dead woman, who many people believe was brutally, and sadistically murdered.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 am

Inparadise wrote:
vegret wrote:

Lol! You made me think of the composition of fabric and how it has a warp and a weave! Very Happy
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am

Freckles wrote:
Inparadise wrote:

Lol! You made me think of the composition of fabric and how it has a warp and a weave! Very Happy

Kind of like her hair extensions........

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 am

Today's Dr. Phil show is looking pretty interesting.

Preview of today's show:

http://www.drphil.com/?vm=r
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:49 pm

From Dr. Phil's website:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1874/

A Shocking Twist to a Bizarre Mystery

Dina Shacknai, Max's mother, says she had trust issues with Rebecca Zahau from the time she met her. "She neglected to share very important information with me, such as her legal name. She left out she was married and the fact that she had a shoplifting arrest," Dina says. "I began to think Rebecca had issues with impulse control.”

Because of her uneasy feeling about Rebecca, Dina says that she asked Max's father, Jonah, to put some precautions in place when Max was in his care: Rebecca would not take Max across state lines by herself, she would not attend Max's school events, and neither she nor a member of her family would be alone with Max. When Dina learned of Rebecca's suicide, she says, "I started to wonder, What is it that she knew? Did she know something that I didn’t know?" 

Dina says that she wasn't convinced that her son's death was an accident. "Things didn’t add up. I believed there was more to it,” she shares. "I decided to pursue a different route, to find the truth wherever that would lead. The findings presented to me from these experts, after nine months of methodical work, was the worst outcome that I could have imagined; that there was an assault scenario, and it was a homicide, which means death at the hands of another, which means the last face [Max] saw was the person who assaulted him," Dina reveals. "Based on evidence, Rebecca had direct involvement in Max’s death.”

Dr. Melinek adds that she believes the scene of the accident wasn’t properly investigated. “When Max fell, it was initially assumed to be an accident. It was only when he came to the hospital did the doctors at the hospital say, ‘This is too much injury. It doesn’t match up.’ The doctors at the hospital blew the whistle and said, ‘We’re going to call Child Protective Services.’ I wasn’t the first one to raise concerns; they were,” she explains.

Seeking Justice

Rebecca's sister, Mary, and her husband, Doug, say Rebecca would have never committed suicide and that her death wasn't given a fair investigation. They also say there's no way Rebecca would have hurt Max.

“To hear Dina get on TV and say things about my sister infuriates us," says Mary. "We all know what she’s saying is not true. It’s like her taking a dagger and stabbing it in our hearts, as she stands there and talks about my sister, who cannot defend herself. She was brutally murdered for what happened to Max.”

“Becky treated Max like he was her own son,” says Doug. “Becky did not assault Max. For Dina to say that, it makes no sense. If there was an assault scenario, she should have some type of injury on her hands.”

Doug also believes that Dina knows more about Rebecca's death than she's admitting. "She may not know directly, but there’s something in Dina that would benefit us, to find out who killed Becky,” he says.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm

GREAT show rocker
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Shacknai and Zahau Take Their Cases to Dr. Phil

The Spreckels deaths again fall under the national spotlight as the talk show host hears allegations from both families.

By Jennifer Vigil

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 E87c5a967a499feafae63b314e46fdae
Max Shacknai, in a screen shot from Dr. Phil, which aired its latest segment on the Shacknai/Zahau cases Friday.Credit drphil.com

The Dr. Phil episode in which Dina Shacknai discussed the death of her son aired Friday, with her repeating her concerns that Rebecca Zahau could have caused Max's injuries, an accusation the Zahau family vehemently denies.

Shacknai reiterated the points she made at the Coronado City Council this week, criticizing the community's police department for refusing her request to reconsider their conclusion that Max died in an accident.

Meanwhile Rebecca Zahau's family again pressed their case that she did not commit suicide, but was killed.

The opposing sides did not share the stage. Dr. Phil opened the show with Shacknai, then brought out Mary Zahau-Loehner and Doug Loehner, Zahau's sister and brother-in-law, and family attorney Anne Bremner. Shacknai returned to close the show.

Shacknai recalled her horror when she first saw her son in the hospital and how she later found the accident conclusion “preposterous.” With both of the deaths associated with falls, Zahau-Loehner also questioned the science of the investigations.

“For some reason in that household, apparently gravity doesn't apply,” she said.

Read more:

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-and-zahau-take-their-cases-to-dr-phil-mansion-deaths#photo-11447929
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 am

Wit the "war of the experts"on Dr.Phil today, Dr. Cyril Wecht was clearly the more credible, reasonable, forensic professional today. And he was diplomatic and courteous while he outlined why he completely disagreed with Dr.Melinek's leaps of logic in her findings. That's true class and professionalism.

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 am

One of the main points of Dina/expert's discussions/report has been that the upstairs bannister so tall that it's above Max's center of gravity and he couldn't have gone over it.

In a very short period of time, Anne Bremner reminded us with a picture of the hall/bannister/stair area and that a portion of the bannister that goes down the stairs is only 26" high.

Max could have very easily slipped at the first stair-step and hurled over the shorter bannister.

IMO, the expert's report was debunked in the blink of an eye and was exposed for having a "narrow view" of only one section of the bannister and not the area as a whole.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:29 am

Bremner's pictures of the damaged bannister with the freshly scraped off paint and of the scooter with the paint transference on it, made a clear case that, as Bremner said, that the scooter did play a part in the accident.

I'm now wondering if the scooter went over into the chadelier causing it to come down and when the scooter hit the floor it fell over onto Max's leg.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:47 am

KZ wrote:Wit the "war of the experts"on Dr.Phil today, Dr. Cyril Wecht was clearly the more credible, reasonable, forensic professional today. And he was diplomatic and courteous while he outlined why he completely disagreed with Dr.Melinek's leaps of logic in her findings. That's true class and professionalism.

Yes.
He knows the difference between information and evidence and he has mastered the analytical process required to turn information into evidence.

Researching and trying to find out about a past event is actually not a process of gathering " facts” that, at some point, we form into an account of “what happened.”

Every “find” is an assertion, not yet evidence and not yet proof. The validity of 'findings' must be attempted to be prove or disproven. The more thorough the investigation, the more evidence one finds, and the more deeply the survey and scrutiny of that evidence, the greater the chance of building a case (NOT A SCENARIO) that represents what plausibly happened.

Information is not fact.
Scenarios are not conclusions.

Dina's report seems to be a beaten horse now at this point,
At least on this thread, but I wanted to give it one more whack
After comparing these two FPs.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 am

I've wondered several times since Melinek's report was released, why someone of her caliber didn't consult with OTHER forensic pathologists as she went thru the process of evaluating Max's AR, photos, and medical records? True, she was paid by Dina alone, but she is enough of a professional she should have done a really thorough investigation coordinating the efforts of a number of other professionals. That could have been truly compelling to authorities to reopen Max's case.

It seems to me she hung herself out alone, and as all professionals know, there is professional safety in consensus. So much so, that much of medicine is now practiced as a result of consensus conferences. The idea is that no one professional has all the answers, and that outcome based evidence is most compelling.

Anyway, I think Dr. Melinek would be judged far less harshly if her report had contained consensus information from other professionals that Melinek consulted with. And a body of professional references. (Rather than those silly references to Wiki, LHK, and People.) Meaning, other forensic pathologists, not just the biomechanical guy Bove who was paid to look at a very limited set of options.

But then, the risk is that there might not be consensus. And that might be uncomfortable to explain to the person paying you.

I did see Dr. Melinek backing off significantly in her remarks yesterday, and I'm glad Dr. Wecht and Dr. Phil called her out on it publicly.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

KZ wrote:I've wondered several times since Melinek's report was released, why someone of her caliber didn't consult with OTHER forensic pathologists as she went thru the process of evaluating Max's AR, photos, and medical records? True, she was paid by Dina alone, but she is enough of a professional she should have done a really thorough investigation coordinating the efforts of a number of other professionals. That could have been truly compelling to authorities to reopen Max's case.

It seems to me she hung herself out alone, and as all professionals know, there is professional safety in consensus. So much so, that much of medicine is now practiced as a result of consensus conferences. The idea is that no one professional has all the answers, and that outcome based evidence is most compelling.

Anyway, I think Dr. Melinek would be judged far less harshly if her report had contained consensus information from other professionals that Melinek consulted with. And a body of professional references. (Rather than those silly references to Wiki, LHK, and People.) Meaning, other forensic pathologists, not just the biomechanical guy Bove who was paid to look at a very limited set of options.

But then, the risk is that there might not be consensus. And that might be uncomfortable to explain to the person paying you.

I did see Dr. Melinek backing off significantly in her remarks yesterday, and I'm glad Dr. Wecht and Dr. Phil called her out on it publicly.

Perhaps Dr. Melinek took Dina's words of "independent investigation" to mean that she was to do just that and consult with no one. I would suggest that Dina wanted just what she paid for........a very biased and incomplete report that she could wave around and blame Rebecca.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 pm

I completely agree, inparadise, Dina wanted only the opinion she paid for-- I was just trying to be a tiny bit more diplomatic than saying Dr. Melinek was an opinion for hire, or a paid mouthpiece. Kind of a shame when experts fall into that temptation, but it happens again and again. $$ and notoriety are persuasive.

There were a number of things Dr. Melinek should have done to decrease the perception that she was an opinion for hire, but she chose not to do them. So, now she will weather the criticism. At some point, she may tire of it. I think we saw the beginning of that yesterday.

After all, Dina is not her only project. She has a career to return to, and the continued public criticism could undermine that.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 Empty Are you a trained forensic psychologist?

Post by Lash Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Respectfully Snipped
KZ wrote:I did see Dr. Melinek backing off significantly in her remarks yesterday, and I'm glad Dr. Wecht and Dr. Phil called her out on it publicly.

My first favorite segment of the show:

Dr. Phil:
With all do respect, you say there is no evidence on the body that suggest this, are you getting out of your lane in drawing some of the conclusions that you're suggesting here? Because you say you're not trained as a forensic psychologist, but I am. And so what I am interesting in, have you considered the possibilities at this time that this woman was in shock? That she becomes cognitively insufficient, gets confused, gets disoriented at the trauma of the time? 

Dr. Melinek:
Absolutely, like I'm saying that's another explanation for her inconsistencies. But, regardless of what she says the injuries on the body cannot be explained by an accident scenario.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 Empty Gravity?

Post by Lash Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

My second favorite part of the show:

Mary Zahau-Loehner:
For some reason in that household, apparently gravity doesn't apply.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Lash wrote:Respectfully Snipped
KZ wrote:I did see Dr. Melinek backing off significantly in her remarks yesterday, and I'm glad Dr. Wecht and Dr. Phil called her out on it publicly.

Dr. Phil:
With all do respect, you say there is no evidence on the body that suggest this, are you getting out of your lane in drawing some of the conclusions that you're suggesting here? Because you say you're not trained as a forensic psychologist, but I am. And so what I am interesting in, have you considered the possibilities at this time that this woman was in shock? That she becomes cognitively insufficient, gets confused, gets disoriented at the trauma of the time? 

Dr. Melinek:
Absolutely, like I'm saying that's another explanation for her inconsistencies. But, regardless of what she says the injuries on the body cannot be explained by an accident scenario.

Um...
Are the injuries her ONLY source of data regarding Max's death?
Sounds like she's underscoring the weakness of her work.

No one single source can prove a scientific point.

Sources inform, they are not proofs.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Dr. Phil:

Dr. Melinek:

After watching Dr. Melinek yesterday on Dr. Phil, IMO, Dr. Melinek would not make a credible/believable expert witness in court........the opposition would tear her to shreds.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Inparadise wrote:

Dr. Phil:

Dr. Melinek:

After watching Dr. Melinek yesterday on Dr. Phil, IMO, Dr. Melinek would not make a credible/believable expert witness in court........the opposition would tear her to shreds.

Right.
If I were Jonah I would not be shaking in my Cole Hahns at this point.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am

Did it evade Meleniek and Bove to consider Max falling from a different location other than over the particular bannister in question?

The damaged newel post was clearly below Max's center of gravity.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

Tamta wrote:Did it evade Meleniek and Bove to consider Max falling from a different location other than over the particular bannister in question?

Excellent question!

I believe that the report appears to be narrowly focused on the tall portion of the bannister and to do this omits half of the possibility of where Max went over the bannister. To me, it makes the report lose credibility.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 am

Puzzler wrote:
Tamta wrote:Did it evade Meleniek and Bove to consider Max falling from a different location other than over the particular bannister in question?

Excellent question!

I believe that the report appears to be narrowly focused on the tall portion of the bannister and to do this omits half of the possibility of where Max went over the bannister. To me, it makes the report lose credibility.

http://media.utsandiego.com/news/documents/2012/08/06/Dr.Bove_Report.pdf

The focus seems to be taking the Gomez report to task or whoever supplied the data or constraints for his conclusions.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

Tamta wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

Excellent question!

There is that narrow service staircase that runs from the 2nd floor to the courtyard (behind the door at the top of the 2nd floor right next to the main stairs), or perhaps the balcony from which iClaire mentioned in her post: like the one that Rebecca was "found" hanging from?

The focus seems to be taking the Gomez report to task or whoever supplied the data or constraints for his conclusions.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkie Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 am

Tamta wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

Excellent question!

Ok. This may sound like a silly question, but at this point, since I wasn't there, I'm going to just ask this.

1) What is the possibility that Max's injuries to his back were a result of rough horseplay prior to him being fatally injuured? I'm not saying this is what happened, but is anyone considering this possibility?

2)It's pretty well documented that JS "put up" with DR because they shared a child together, is that fair to say? Now for a moment, think about this. And I am in NO way saying that JS had anything to do with Max's accident. But what would be the best way to be rid of this woman for good? JS's silence since this happened last summer is quite telling to me. JS loves his kids, I'm sure. But could an accident have happened that only Rebecca or XZ may or may not have witnessed? Rebecca ended up murdered, strung up like a damn animal less than 48 hours later. Hmmm...AGAIN! I'm just putting it out there. I've always wondered WHY simple questions, for instance, where in the HELL was he RIGHT after this supposidly happened? There's only been speculation, no hard facts. Seems to be a running theme in this whole disaster! This is all JMO
Twinkie
Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Twinkie wrote:

Ok. This may sound like a silly question, but at this point, since I wasn't there, I'm going to just ask this.

1) What is the possibility that Max's injuries to his back were a result of rough horseplay prior to him being fatally injuured? I'm not saying this is what happened, but is anyone considering this possibility?

2)It's pretty well documented that JS "put up" with DR because they shared a child together, is that fair to say? Now for a moment, think about this. And I am in NO way saying that JS had anything to do with Max's accident. But what would be the best way to be rid of this woman for good? JS's silence since this happened last summer is quite telling to me. JS loves his kids, I'm sure. But could an accident have happened that only Rebecca or XZ may or may not have witnessed? Rebecca ended up murdered, strung up like a damn animal less than 48 hours later. Hmmm...AGAIN! I'm just putting it out there. I've always wondered WHY simple questions, for instance, where in the HELL was he RIGHT after this supposidly happened? There's only been speculation, no hard facts. Seems to be a running theme in this whole disaster! This is all JMO

Hi Twinkie -

Thank you for your post! I have absolutely considered that Max was hurt prior to the 'accident.' He was living there with his teenage siblings. He was playing soccer and horsing around with them, I'm sure.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

Since the markings on his back don't seem to make sense in any fall scenario, why try to 'force' those injuries into the explanation?

2) If Dina didn't know before, she certainly knows now, Jonah must truly hate her not to offer a helping hand with her investigation. What does Jonah gain? a) He NEVER has to speak to Dina again; b) His special days, holidays, and every day can be lived Dina-free; c) He does not have to provide Dina a small fortune monthly for child support; and d) The threat of constantly being drug back to court for the next 12 years is gone. I don't think Jonah purposely killed Max just to be rid of Dina, but I bet he loves ignoring her now.
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 am

Dina claims she had an uneasy feeling and trust issues with Rebecca because she didn't tell her she was married before, didn't give Dina her correct name~why would Dina need this information? To micro manage Jonah's personal life, did she think Jonah had "bad taste" in women, was she an over protective mother who wanted back round checks on all the women Jonah dated and would possibly be in Max's future? Was Dina just paranoid or, was Dina reflecting her own deviant thoughts and projected them onto Rebecca?

Dina doesn't like Rebecca anyway~ Jonah was seeing Rebecca when Dina and Jonah were still together, correct?

Dina was the hootch who Jonah wooed when he left his first wife.

All the anger Dina feels, and should be correctly directed towards Jonah, Dina has transferred onto Rebecca.

Sharing her son Max, with Rebecca, was another log on the fire.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm

HinkySD wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

Hi Twinkie -

Thank you for your post! I have absolutely considered that Max was hurt prior to the 'accident.' He was living there with his teenage siblings. He was playing soccer and horsing around with them, I'm sure.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

Since the markings on his back don't seem to make sense in any fall scenario, why try to 'force' those injuries into the explanation?

2) If Dina didn't know before, she certainly knows now, Jonah must truly hate her not to offer a helping hand with her investigation. What does Jonah gain? a) He NEVER has to speak to Dina again; b) His special days, holidays, and every day can be lived Dina-free; c) He does not have to provide Dina a small fortune monthly for child support; and d) The threat of constantly being drug back to court for the next 12 years is gone. I don't think Jonah purposely killed Max just to be rid of Dina, but I bet he loves ignoring her now.

I think that Dina has known for a long time how Jonah feels about her.......she has just chosen to not accept that fact, IMO.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Calypso wrote:Dina claims she had an uneasy feeling and trust issues with Rebecca because she didn't tell her she was married before, didn't give Dina her correct name~why would Dina need this information? To micro manage Jonah's personal life, did she think Jonah had "bad taste" in women, was she an over protective mother who wanted back round checks on all the women Jonah dated and would possibly be in Max's future? Was Dina just paranoid or, was Dina reflecting her own deviant thoughts and projected them onto Rebecca?

Dina doesn't like Rebecca anyway~ Jonah was seeing Rebecca when Dina and Jonah were still together, correct?

All the anger Dina feels, and should be correctly directed towards Jonah, Dina has transferred onto Rebecca.

BBM, and I completely agree, Calypso.

It's been my opinion for a while, as I have observed Dina's public comments and behavior, that Dina is not able to make any negative comments about Jonah in public. And, by "not able", I believe that there are conditions of her divorce agreement that preclude her from making ANY negative or unfavorable comments about Jonah in public.Jonah's company provides for Dina's very generous alimony agreement, so it's more than a bit possible that in she had to agree not to defame him in any way. And I have read in several places that Dina "had something" on Jonah that was significant enough to trump the prenup agreement.

At best, as a licensed psychologist (and she is not licensed), Dina can hope to make less than $100K per year. (Far less than that for 10+ years, as a newly licensed psychologist, if she chooses to license at some point.) Her lifestyle is not a $50- $80K/ yr lifestyle, and is dependent on Jonah's money-- both the money from the divorce settlement, and whatever she is planning to extract from him in the future (if she is planning to sue him civilly, lol, which pretty much everyone who knows anything about this case is expecting.)

Dina has to displace her anger toward Jonah onto Rebecca. This is the only grounds she will have for a civil suit. Max's death "can't" be an accident. It has to be Rebecca's fault, in some way. Rebecca is the path to Jonah, when she cannot defame Jonah. Not just for the potential $$ for a civil suit, but as an outlet for her hurt and anger toward Jonah.

Jonah accepted and cherished their son as his own, but he rejected Dina. I don't believe Dina will ever make peace with that. JMO. And, as Calypso says, to have the new love interest treat her son well, and her son enjoy and look forward to his time with her, had to be infuriating and painful for Dina. Then Max's accident happens....and of course, Dina's anger and hurt and hatred is magnified many times over when it is revealed that Rebecca was home, and perhaps Jonah was not.

Pre-emptive self defense, imo.

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 am

KZ wrote:
Calypso wrote:Dina claims she had an uneasy feeling and trust issues with Rebecca because she didn't tell her she was married before, didn't give Dina her correct name~why would Dina need this information? To micro manage Jonah's personal life, did she think Jonah had "bad taste" in women, was she an over protective mother who wanted back round checks on all the women Jonah dated and would possibly be in Max's future? Was Dina just paranoid or, was Dina reflecting her own deviant thoughts and projected them onto Rebecca?

BBM, and I completely agree, Calypso.

It's been my opinion for a while, as I have observed Dina's public comments and behavior, that Dina is not able to make any negative comments about Jonah in public. And, by "not able", I believe that there are conditions of her divorce agreement that preclude her from making ANY negative or unfavorable comments about Jonah in public.Jonah's company provides for Dina's very generous alimony agreement, so it's more than a bit possible that in she had to agree not to defame him in any way. And I have read in several places that Dina "had something" on Jonah that was significant enough to trump the prenup agreement.

At best, as a licensed psychologist (and she is not licensed), Dina can hope to make less than $100K per year. (Far less than that for 10+ years, as a newly licensed psychologist, if she chooses to license at some point.) Her lifestyle is not a $50- $80K/ yr lifestyle, and is dependent on Jonah's money-- both the money from the divorce settlement, and whatever she is planning to extract from him in the future (if she is planning to sue him civilly, lol, which pretty much everyone who knows anything about this case is expecting.)

Dina has to displace her anger toward Jonah onto Rebecca. This is the only grounds she will have for a civil suit. Max's death "can't" be an accident. It has to be Rebecca's fault, in some way. Rebecca is the path to Jonah, when she cannot defame Jonah. Not just for the potential $$ for a civil suit, but as an outlet for her hurt and anger toward Jonah.

Jonah accepted and cherished their son as his own, but he rejected Dina. I don't believe Dina will ever make peace with that. JMO. And, as Calypso says, to have the new love interest treat her son well, and her son enjoy and look forward to his time with her, had to be infuriating and painful for Dina. Then Max's accident happens....and of course, Dina's anger and hurt and hatred is magnified many times over when it is revealed that Rebecca was home, and perhaps Jonah was not.

Pre-emptive self defense, imo.

It is my understanding that Dina never completed her doctoral dissertation.....how could she possibly be licensed if she didn't complete that?

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 am

IIRC, Jonah did not start "seeing" Rebecca until after he and Dina were divorced.

Comments? Anyone have the dates of the divorce, (dates of PD reports) and date of Jonah and Rebecca hooking up together? IIRC, Rebecca was married and separated from her husband. (And he had nothing to say in re to Rebecca being unfaithful to the marriage vows.)

Maybe, DS has it confused with when SHE was playing around with Jonah while he was married to his first wife? You know, the first wife who was pregnant with his child, had a small toddler at home, and DS decided to "get herself a man," married or not????
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 am

Freckles wrote:IIRC, Jonah did not start "seeing" Rebecca until after he and Dina were divorced.

Comments? Anyone have the dates of the divorce, (dates of PD reports) and date of Jonah and Rebecca hooking up together? IIRC, Rebecca was married and separated from her husband. (And he had nothing to say in re to Rebecca being unfaithful to the marriage vows.)

Maybe, DS has it confused with when SHE was playing around with Jonah while he was married to his first wife? You know, the first wife who was pregnant with his child, had a small toddler at home, and DS decided to "get herself a man," married or not????

The problem here is what we don't know is where Dina's head was at when she first started seeing Jonah. We don't know what the circumstances were or how these two interacted. For all we know Dina could have had low self esteem issues and Jonah could have manipulated her and used that against her.

Other than family members, I don't think I recall anyone having friends who have come forward a and spoke out publically about either Jonah or Rebecca or their relationship.

This case is ridiculous and really does need to be opened back up.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am

• During the Oral Communications portion of the agenda, which is reserved for the comment from public, Dina Shacknai, the mother of 6-year-old Max Shacknai, who died last year in a home accident at the Spreckels mansion, requested that the Coronado Police Department re-open her son’s case. Shacknai spoke for four minutes and 13 seconds, with Tanaka allowing her emotional presentation to exceed the normal three-minute public comment limit. As the issue was not on the council’s meeting agenda, no formal action could be taken. Numerous members of the electronic and print media were on hand for Shacknai’s presentation and left the council chambers after the conclusion of her remarks.

http://www.coronadonewsca.com/news/article_218cf5a2-0bf2-11e2-807a-0019bb2963f4.html

HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Calypso wrote:
Freckles wrote:IIRC, Jonah did not start "seeing" Rebecca until after he and Dina were divorced.

The problem here is what we don't know is where Dina's head was at when she first started seeing Jonah. We don't know what the circumstances were or how these two interacted. For all we know Dina could have had low self esteem issues and Jonah could have manipulated her and used that against her.

Other than family members, I don't think I recall anyone having friends who have come forward a and spoke out publically about either Jonah or Rebecca or their relationship.

Although Dina and Jonah filed for divorce in 2008 (according to Maricopa County Family Court Records FC2008-008253), their divorce was not final until either very late 2010 or in January, 2011.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm

HinkySD wrote:• During the Oral Communications portion of the agenda, which is reserved for the comment from public, Dina Shacknai, the mother of 6-year-old Max Shacknai, who died last year in a home accident at the Spreckels mansion, requested that the Coronado Police Department re-open her son’s case. Shacknai spoke for four minutes and 13 seconds, with Tanaka allowing her emotional presentation to exceed the normal three-minute public comment limit. As the issue was not on the council’s meeting agenda, no formal action could be taken. Numerous members of the electronic and print media were on hand for Shacknai’s presentation and left the council chambers after the conclusion of her remarks.

http://www.coronadonewsca.com/news/article_218cf5a2-0bf2-11e2-807a-0019bb2963f4.html

Tanaka put himself in a very odd spot: earlier that day, he stated for the media that he was behind the decision made by CPD, yet he was one of the first signers of Dina's petition........I would have liked to have seen her confront him at the meeting about which side is he really on in this dog fight.

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I don't know about the rest of you...

but I have found that my IP's have been blocked from viewing or accessing reality chatter.

Apparently somebody does not like my posts Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 885607

I'm just a poor girl from [insert small town name here]. My opinion means nothing, please disregard LMAO
GlaringError
GlaringError

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Lash wrote:From Dr. Phil's website:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1874/

A Shocking Twist to a Bizarre Mystery

Dina Shacknai, Max's mother, says she had trust issues with Rebecca Zahau from the time she met her. "She neglected to share very important information with me, such as her legal name. She left out she was married and the fact that she had a shoplifting arrest," Dina says. "I began to think Rebecca had issues with impulse control.”
clipped---

Message to Dina:
Rebecca was NOT applying for a "job" and YOU weren't her "employer" were you?
She did NOT need to share ANYTHING with you!
Why do you think you have a right to "investigate" and pass comment upon Rebecca?
Are you just some kind of gossip hound?

(BTW, Did you bother to share ALL your PD investigations with HER?
I thought not. )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:07 pm

GlaringError wrote:I don't know about the rest of you...

but I have found that my IP's have been blocked from viewing or accessing reality chatter.

Apparently somebody does not like my posts Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 17 885607

I'm just a poor girl from [insert small town name here]. My opinion means nothing, please disregard LMAO
Why would you think that?
For the most part, no one has been posting anything!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Inparadise wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Although Dina and Jonah filed for divorce in 2008 (according to Maricopa County Family Court Records FC2008-008253), their divorce was not final until either very late 2010 or in January, 2011.
So. It appears the divorce was filed in 2008 for when Max was 2-3 yrs old?
(Max had just turned 6 yrs in 2011 at the time of his death.)
That appears to be about the time of the incident where DS reportedly had a PD report for domesticate violence after JS refused to read a bedtime story to Max? (The incident where the dog attacked DS, etc..)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Freckles wrote:
GlaringError wrote:I don't know about the rest of you...

Why would you think that?
For the most part, no one has been posting anything!

because when I try to access the site from work or home, it is unavailable.

when i google "is this site working" and enter reality chatter in it says the site works its just me.

When i disguise my ip i get on just fine.

Just wondering what it is I'm saying that someone doesn't like.
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

I don't know if the site admin is blocking me or if it is something else, but my ips are blocked.

scottsdale ip and phoenix ip
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:19 pm

I will check into this and see what's up, Glaring Error.

This particular thread has not had much activity lately.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 am

Glaring Error, I was locked out of RC all day yesterday. Do you use Internet Explorer? I think it was an IE/Forumotion problem.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow123 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I had the same problem. I even tried to re-register. I am glad if was a glitch in the system.

Willow123

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Julie wrote:Glaring Error, I was locked out of RC all day yesterday. Do you use Internet Explorer? I think it was an IE/Forumotion problem.

I used IE and Firefox...

anyway... anyone going to jail yet lol????

I think a boat captain should volunteer first
GlaringError
GlaringError

Back to top Go down

Post by Inparadise Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm

GlaringError wrote:
Julie wrote:Glaring Error, I was locked out of RC all day yesterday. Do you use Internet Explorer? I think it was an IE/Forumotion problem.

I used IE and Firefox...

anyway... anyone going to jail yet lol????

I think a boat captain should volunteer first

And which boat captain would that be........the captain of "HIS GLORY", or some tug on the MISSISSIPPI?

Inparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next