Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal?

5 posters

Go down

Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal? Empty Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal?

Post by eva Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal?

You might want to keep your top on from now on, Kate Middleton. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are suing a French magazine that published paparazzi photographs of Kate sunbathing topless in France.

Slamming Closer magazine for publishing the pics, the couple's office said Friday in a statement that "their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and unjustifiable manner."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/14/magazine-publishes-photos-kate-middleton-sunbathing-topless-biggest-british/
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal? Empty Re: Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal?

Post by eva Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:03 pm

A couple weeks ago it was Nude Prince Harry in Las Vegas, now it's Dutchess Kate Middleton. Who next?

For now, I'm just wild about Harry!

(not really) hehehe
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal? Empty Re: Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal?

Post by Freckles Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:02 am

Too much ado about nothing, IMO. Cheap titillation.

Harry is the modern Dennis the Menace--- a child you are glad does not live in your neighborhood but one you love to laugh about his doings.

Kate is a very lovely person to look at. At the same time, she only has it "up" on Twiggy! I mean, Kate is not being plagued by Playboy for photo lay-outs, is she? A nice tom-boyish figure but this is not a robust, busty person. So really, who cares? (I am reminded of Jackie Kennedy O. who constantly was hounded by the media. And how they did sneak a few pics of Jackie sunbathing without a bra top. Admittedly, the pics were only of her strapless back but SHE felt the humiliation. After all, Aristotle bought an entire island for his own privacy and here were invaders with high tec scopes. )

NO biggee IMO. Magazines just want to flip a buck at any cost and it doesn't matter the personal cost to the innocents.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:15 pm

To me she presents as a lady. That in itself is pretty rare nowadays. Whatever she wants to do with her husband, is no one's business. She was not on a public beach. She was on a private estate. There should be limits on invading of one's privacy. I seem to recall there used to be. At least there was something called respect for others, the memory is so far away. Whatever it was called, we no longer have it.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 pm

tesstruhart wrote:To me she presents as a lady. That in itself is pretty rare nowadays. Whatever she wants to do with her husband, is no one's business. She was not on a public beach. She was on a private estate. There should be limits on invading of one's privacy. I seem to recall there used to be. At least there was something called respect for others, the memory is so far away. Whatever it was called, we no longer have it.

tesstruhart, I agree with your thoughts. Kate is a lovely young woman, I can't imagine the scrutiny they live under as a couple, they appear to be so much in love. Some pictures of the 2 emerged from the Olympics and they seem to really enjoy each other's company as they were pictured laughing, holding hands, even flirting w/each other. It's sad they too are stalked like Diana, it seems nothing has been learned by the paparazzi that seems forever willing to sell the most private moments of some for a quick buck.

The Queen Mum is probably on valium since Prince Harry's romp in Las Vegas, what next? Camilla screwing around on Prince Charles?

http://www2.tbo.com/entertainment/entertainment/2012/sep/14/2/topless-photos-of-kate-middleton-draw-royal-scruti-ar-500302/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 pm

The Kate Debate: How private are your private parts?

By Graham Winch
updated 2:19 PM EDT, Mon September 17, 2012

•French magazine publishes topless pics of Kate Middleton sunbathing in France
•What protections do you have if your privacy is invaded?
Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal? PS

Attorneys for the royal family will be in a Paris court Monday trying to prevent the further publication of Kate Middleton’s topless photos after pictures of the Duchess were released by a European tabloid, causing an international firestorm.

A St. James Palace spokesperson says the attorneys want an injunction stopping other tabloids from printing the pictures. The lawyers are also asking that the pictures be taken offline. Damages are also part of their demands.

The editor-in-chief for a French magazine which published the photos, “Closer,” has defended the pictures, saying they were taken from a public road near the remote country home where the duchess was vacationing. CNN/HLN are not showing the photos.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09/17/how-private-are-your-private-parts?hpt=hln10_1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

UPDATE 1-French court decision on topless photos due Tuesday

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46pm EDT

PARIS/DUBLIN, Sept 17 (Reuters) - A French court will rule on Tuesday whether to grant an injunction sought by Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate against magazine Closer to prevent further publication of topless photos of her.

In a case that has rocked Britain and reawakened debate on privacy laws, lawyers for the royal couple, titled the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are seeking damages from Closer and have filed a separate complaint against a photographer that could lead to a criminal case.

The couple have sought an injunction to stop Closer from selling its photographs to any other media, including on the Internet, after the Irish Daily Star reprinted the photographs in its Saturday edition.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/17/britain-royals-kate-idUSL3E8KHA3Z20120917
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:44 pm

NANCY GRACE

Royals fight to block Princess Kate topless pics

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 4:04 PM EDT, Mon September 17, 2012

•French magazine publishes topless pics of Kate Middleton sunbathing in France
•Royals to file criminal complaint over Kate's topless pics

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/17/royals-fight-block-topless-pics
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Italian mag publishes topless Kate special

Updated 2 minutes ago
Magazine publishes photos of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless: Biggest British royal family scandal? 4266784-3x2-700x467
Photo: Prince William (R) and his wife Catherine watch traditional dancers perform in Honiara. (AFP: William West)

Italian gossip magazine Chi, owned by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's media empire, has published a special edition featuring grainy topless photos of Prince William's wife Catherine.

"The queen is nude!" read a large-font headline on the magazine's front page that also featured three of the photos published last week by French publication Closer, also owned by Mr Berlusconi's firm Mondadori.

As the furore over the photos continued in Europe, the couple, on a visit to the Solomon Islands, appeared unperturbed when they were introduced to a group of topless South Pacific women.

~Snipped~

Chi editor Alfonso Signorini claims the pictures represent "extraordinary reportage".

"For the first time, the future queen of England was appearing in a natural way, without the constraints of etiquette," he said, calling the photos "a scoop not a scandal".

The photos were taken through a powerful telephoto lens as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge relaxed in private at a luxury chateau in the south of France.

In 2006, Chi sparked outrage among the British press when it printed a photo of a fatally injured Princess Diana being given oxygen at the scene of the high-speed crash in Paris in August 1997, together with details from her autopsy.

Read more:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-17/italian-gossip-mag-publishes-27extraordinary27-topless-kate-p/4266170
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm

art tart wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:To me she presents as a lady. That in itself is pretty rare nowadays. Whatever she wants to do with her husband, is no one's business. She was not on a public beach. She was on a private estate. There should be limits on invading of one's privacy. I seem to recall there used to be. At least there was something called respect for others, the memory is so far away. Whatever it was called, we no longer have it.

tesstruhart, I agree with your thoughts. Kate is a lovely young woman, I can't imagine the scrutiny they live under as a couple, they appear to be so much in love. Some pictures of the 2 emerged from the Olympics and they seem to really enjoy each other's company as they were pictured laughing, holding hands, even flirting w/each other. It's sad they too are stalked like Diana, it seems nothing has been learned by the paparazzi that seems forever willing to sell the most private moments of some for a quick buck.

The Queen Mum is probably on valium since Prince Harry's romp in Las Vegas, what next? Camilla screwing around on Prince Charles?

http://www2.tbo.com/entertainment/entertainment/2012/sep/14/2/topless-photos-of-kate-middleton-draw-royal-scruti-ar-500302/

I can't remember where I read it, but an opinion piece on this ruefully pointed out that the public is waiting with bated breath to hear that Kate is pregnant. And apparently the young couple were enjoying one another in a more intimate and private setting-- what better way to encourage the conception of a future heir to the throne! The author of the piece said the public should be rejoicing at their genuine intimacy and love, not viewing it as a scandal to be photographed and splashed on tabloids.

I agree with the author!
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down