Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA RESIGNS! FBI Investigating Mistress!

+5
eva
Julie
Puzzler
Freckles
Hinky's Mimi
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! Empty PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA RESIGNS! FBI Investigating Mistress!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 am

To tell or not to tell: Petraeus' reveal highlights dilemma!
By Brian Alexander, NBC News Contributor

Former Gen. David Petraeus has resigned as director of the CIA, the agency charged with keeping the nation’s secrets, and finding out the secrets of other countries, revealing that he had a secret of his own: He had an extramarital affair.

While cheating on a spouse may not wreck the average person’s job, sensitive parts of the federal government regard it as dangerous. The State Department and the National Security Agency have warned staffers that extra-marital dalliances can lead to disciplinary action. Both cite the potential for blackmail and information leaks. In the U.S. military, cheating is a crime.

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2012/11/09/15058162-to-tell-or-not-to-tell-petraeus-reveal-highlights-dilemma?lite#__utma=14933801.33392611.1349651067.1352513291.1352559269.78&__utmb=14933801.4.10.1352559269&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1352492061.76.29.utmcsr=drudgereport.com|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=87594008

The biographer for resigning CIA Director David Petraeus is under FBI investigation for improperly trying to access his email and possibly gaining access to classified information, law enforcement officials told NBC News on Friday.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15056607-petraeus-biographer-paula-broadwell-under-fbi-investigation-over-access-to-his-email-law-enforcement-officials-say?lite

Back to top Go down

PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! Empty Re: PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA RESIGNS! FBI Investigating Mistress!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 pm

imo, this isn't about an affair, it's about a Publisher, former military, married to a radiologist w/2 children, holds a position at Harvard, is working on her PHD TRIED to ACCESS General P's emails!

Did President Obama correspond in those emails w/General P? was the attack and murder of American's in Libya discussed as Gen P was to testify ONLY next week on the possible lack of security? This, imo, seems convenient. This affair had gone on for 3 years, this administration has been plagued w/security leaks. How can our President trust even those he thinks are loyal to him in these positions making such poor Judgement? was blackmail and exposure of Gen P involved?

Secret Servicemen earlier this year while on detail out of the country got busted for having HOOKER'S come to their hotel room to service them, BUT, due to the ineptitude of one of the men involved REFUSING to pay the asking price by one of the Hooker's and instead offering her $ 40.00, THEY GOT BUSTED! One quit, a couple reassigned, some disciplined, but these men have NO IDEA who these ladies are they have allowed into their rooms paid for at tax payer's expense. One of the ladies is writing a book on the event, the motto reported by the press was "tails in the air." This, imo, was known by many at the agency.

Another Secret Serviceman committed suicide this week when his emails detailed his other life, a ten yr. affair w/a woman in Mexico although he was married and had children. He was striped of ALL security detail and security clearance, but another agency INVESTIGATING EXPOSED the information. His superior had this knowledge as well as his peers but everyone seems to just look the other way, of course many have made excuses for the behavior. A stellar career until this was exposed, more good ole boys just looking the other way it seems.

imo, it's not about an affair, it's about those in these highly coveted positions possibly exposing America due to their poor Judgement. I loved General P., he really let America down and more importantly, President Obama.

I picked up my "Newsweek" last night, the HEROES issue, Gen P was dispensing advice, I filed it in the trash.

Back to top Go down

PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! Empty Re: PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA RESIGNS! FBI Investigating Mistress!

Post by Hinky's Mimi Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm not so interested in his affair as I am about this:
The CIA states he no longer has to testify at the hearings on Benghazi next week. If I had to guess why he resigned, it would not be in relation to an affair which is (and has been always been historically easy) for great men to sweep under rugs while they go on with their careers. The woman could be paid off to keep her mouth shut... or eliminated in other ways.
Personally, I see the woman in the picture to be what the great political magician is waving in everyone's faces to keep their attention elsewhere. Give people the sensational to buzz about...and they see nothing else that's going on. Another benefit is that he can remain a hero of sorts... poor man just gave in to the temptation but he did so much good that we will forgive him in time. Others have no need to forgive him because he's still a hero in their eyes anyway.
(and forget about Benghazi, please... and, for God's sake, don't question why he shouldn't have to answer questions at the hearing next week simply because he resigned, yet was the head of the CIA at the time of the incident at Benghazi. People might expect an answer if they think about it and we can't have that!)
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Hinky's Mimi wrote:I'm not so interested in his affair as I am about this:
The CIA states he no longer has to testify at the hearings on Benghazi next week. If I had to guess why he resigned, it would not be in relation to an affair which is (and has been always been historically easy) for great men to sweep under rugs while they go on with their careers. The woman could be paid off to keep her mouth shut... or eliminated in other ways.
Personally, I see the woman in the picture to be what the great political magician is waving in everyone's faces to keep their attention elsewhere. Give people the sensational to buzz about...and they see nothing else that's going on. Another benefit is that he can remain a hero of sorts... poor man just gave in to the temptation but he did so much good that we will forgive him in time. Others have no need to forgive him because he's still a hero in their eyes anyway.
(and forget about Benghazi, please... and, for God's sake, don't question why he shouldn't have to answer questions at the hearing next week simply because he resigned, yet was the head of the CIA at the time of the incident at Benghazi. People might expect an answer if they think about it and we can't have that!)

Hinky'sMimi - I too am not concerned about the affair, it's the cover-up implied in the convenient timing of events, President Obama had knowledge of GenP's affair since BEFORE the election, but a decision was made to with hold the information and acceptance of his resignation until AFTERthe election since Gen P was appointed by Pres O. The most disturbing thing to me is the lack of honesty and facts the families of our murdered Seal's and Ambassador are going to receive/deserve, even though Hilary Clinton has offered to fall on her sword and claim she "was responsible for denying more security when it had been requested." This, imo, is the part of the story that is not going away.

Why David Petraeus’s Gmail account is a national security issue

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/10/why-david-petraeuss-gmail-account-is-a-national-security-issue/?hpid=z1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Hinky's Mimi wrote:I'm not so interested in his affair as I am about this:
So. He "retired" in the uh-hmmm, "manly " way?
What a joke!
It is an accepted fact: He can NOT be brought up on charges for acts he committed WHILE in office IF he is not in office at the time charges are brought.
Re why he has not come forth sooner.
Further, he can always plea "security of the US " if he was asked to tell all.
Ain't going to happen.

I find it interesting how many of these men around the president are busy fornicating with the benefit of marriage to the person they are doing. Thinking of that security detail around the president.

IMO, it is to hide deeper issues. Such as the border issues. Failure to get FEMA in place PRIOR to the storms--- and then shutting the doors when the snow storm hit because it was "too cold."

I am angry and bitter with how the Americans are being treated.
I am STUNNED they are so accepting of this behavior/treatment.

(BTW, there are STILL ballots left uncounted in Florida, CA and ALL the military votes!Have they no say who THEIR commander in chief will be?)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

LOL, I was just reading about how this came to light and brought to the attention of the FBI! Apparently the mistress wrote threatening emails to ANOTHER woman in Gen. P's staff, she was jealous! (this is as ridiculous as the married astronaut lover threatening another) The receiver of the threats turned the letters over to the FBI. I am assuming Broadwell didn't sign her name when sending the threats but the FBI traced the threats BACK to her computer. THEN! The FBI traced ALL of her emails, the love letters and racy emails exchanged by Gen P and Broadwell were ALL on her computer.

LMAO! I read an analogy that when you use your computer, it's like having "unprotected sex." (there are far reaching implications)

Freckles- 6 Navy Seals were reprimanded this week for "sharing secrets w/a company that makes video games." I assume they were monetarily compensated by the video game maker, but weren't they flat out fired? Is it because it is almost impossible to FIRE anyone working for the Govt?

There are many Americans it seems that accept this behavior because they don't think it effects their lives, at least, imo, until there is another disastrous event of terrorism on American soil. OUTRAGEOUS imo, outrageous for most workplaces but apparently the standards are less for those that are in Govt. and especially lax supervisors managing their employees.

The story was first reported that "threats had been made by email" but it didn't indicate from Gen P's lover to an employee of the CIA, I thought there had been threats made to General P. I guess as employees of the CIA, any threat is taken seriously and investigated.

FBI accidentally finds emails from Gen P to lover when the lover threatened another woman at the CIA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us/fbi-said-to-have-stumbled-into-news-of-david-petraeus-affair.html?_r=0

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I miss when we used to have values.
I worry about that younger generation who, apparently, believe anything goes as long as it feels good or is the popular thing to do., to have.

How sad to live in a shell where truth is not needed nor is it questioned.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Did Paula Broadwell's Husband Write A Letter To New York Times About Petraeus Affair?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/10/paula-broadwells-husband-wrote-letter-nyt-affair-david-petraeus_n_2109455.html

Freckles - I agree, the deterioration of our value system has indeed, imo, caused immeasurable damage to families.

One of my favorite movies, "15 Minutes" has 2 murderer's that entered the US, one says, "I love America, no one is responsible for anything." (he was referring to claiming INSANITY if charged for the murders committed in the US.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578113460852395852.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

FBI Scrutinized on Petraeus

The Wall Street Journal November 11, 2012
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/biographer-mom-2-accused-petraeus-affair-idyllic-family-article-1.1199932

Paula Broadwell, biographer and mother of 2 accused of affair with David Petraeus, heaped praise on CIA director's wife

New York Daily News, November 11, 2012
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ap-source-target-emails-petraeus-paramour-state-department-military-liaison-article-1.1200299

Jill Kelley, social liaison to MacDill Air Force Base, is mystery woman Paula Broadwell harassed via email leading to FBI probe

New York Daily News, November 11, 2012

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am

Being reported on Fox News that it's been confirmed that Jill Kelley did, in fact, receive emails from "multiple" dummy accounts, traced back to Broadwell.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 am

Puzzler - I think this is a huge scandal. IF Gen. P had still been only working in active duty in the military and NOT the head of the CIA, it would have been a passing story. BUT! The HEAD of the CIA, a spy organization, a secretive organization at best looks terrible.

OMG! I am surprised to read that many in upper Govt knew this information 2 weeks before the election. This is a BIG mess in Libya and past military JAGS, such as Lindsey Graham are demanding answers. Even Gloria Fienstien, D, Ca. is heading one of the investigation in the Libya debacle and murders is demanding answers.

I am appalled that Broadwell is too accused of trying to ACCESS Gen P's emails. why? while many in Govt are trying to sweep this under the rug, was Broadwell not trying to perhaps SPY on her lover, the head of the CIA? Geez louise, I thought i had heard it all, this sucks for the Libya investigation and the white house wanting to move away from the story. That's not going to happen.

Many careers are going to be ruined over this affair, many are going to be hurt financially and families destroyed. Gen P as far as we know had a stellar career until this came to light as did Broadwell. This probably TANKS the books sells for Gen P and Broadwell or is that KARMA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 am

Diane Feinstein - I saw her on TV yesterday, she said it hit like a lightning bolt....she heard it on the media...before she was was called and informed formally.

It's a U.S. law that "at least" the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees are to be informed of anything like this at the time it's happening and they weren't. IMO, heads should roll.

Trying to get the story out there that the President didn't know until last Thursday. I simply do not believe that story.

FBI first started investigating this back in the spring...they notified Broadwell in September and Petreaus within the past 6 weeks.

First of all, even though Petreaus had top clearance as a 4-star general, the CIA would have performed their own clearance on Petreaus before he became the CIA Director.

At that time, as with all top clearances, Petreaus would have been asked if he had anything that would be harmful if it got out and he would have been given a polygraph. There's no way that Petreaus got to be CIA Director without them knowing about this affair - including the president.

This is very fluid with new bits of information coming out almost hourly...but we know now that this should have been disclosed to the public weeks ago.

It wasn't even disclosed to the Intelligence Committees until it was made public.

This is not acceptable.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm

art tart wrote:Puzzler - I think this is a huge scandal. IF Gen. P had still been only working in active duty in the military and NOT the head of the CIA, it would have been a passing story. BUT! The HEAD of the CIA, a spy organization, a secretive organization at best looks terrible.

OMG! I am surprised to read that many in upper Govt knew this information 2 weeks before the election. This is a BIG mess in Libya and past military JAGS, such as Lindsey Graham are demanding answers. Even Gloria Fienstien, D, Ca. is heading one of the investigation in the Libya debacle and murders is demanding answers.

I am appalled that Broadwell is too accused of trying to ACCESS Gen P's emails. why? while many in Govt are trying to sweep this under the rug, was Broadwell not trying to perhaps SPY on her lover, the head of the CIA? Geez louise, I thought i had heard it all, this sucks for the Libya investigation and the white house wanting to move away from the story. That's not going to happen.

Many careers are going to be ruined over this affair, many are going to be hurt financially and families destroyed. Gen P as far as we know had a stellar career until this came to light as did Broadwell. This probably TANKS the books sells for Gen P and Broadwell or is that KARMA?

Why? No one thought it was a big deal when the COMMANDER IN CHIEF was whispering sweet nothings in the ear of the lady in the blue dress. In fact, it was said to be a matter between husband and wife and to butt our noses out! No one was wonder HE might be sharing or boasting of state secrets ! Same with JFK! Or Robert Kennedy who was busy sharing the Lincoln bedroom. If we are to believe the Secret Service--- who was manning the revolving door.

Isn't the Commander In Chief of more importance?

Last edited by Freckles on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't buy this at all.
It is to deflect from some other activity govt is pulling.
If it is true, this president has surrounded himself with the least moral security detail AND CIA.

The vid I posted was from a 11-1-2012 speech at Denver given by Broadwell. This woman would not have thrown away a very positive future for a roll in the hay. She is too well trained. JFK school at Harvard and the one at Tufts train leaders for govt. This includes FBI/CIA work.
She would have had a "handler" and been required to check in for periodic psych checks--- and he would have, too!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Puzzler--
You don't get to be in important positions in gov't without some dirt. That is their security they can pull on you if you get too independent. If you have too much dirt, they don't want you. If you are missing dirt, they will create it. If you don't comply, there are more stringent ways to control you or destroy your reputation, your future, that of your family.

All in the timing. They got their paychecks and futures yanked.

Broadwell said in her speech BOTH she and Gen P were wanting to see changes in our military involvement in the mid-east. That may not have sat well with certain individuals. Listen to the speech!

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Interesting commentary:
" George W. Bush might have been a reliable Republican President, focusing on the economy and other conservative issues, but his two terms were transformed by 9/11 and resulted in two wars; one in Afghanistan which should have been short, and one in Iraq that, in retrospect, was ill advised. Americans grew weary of war and that opened the door for Barack Obama.
Republicans and conservatives, including myself, made the assumption that the many failures of Obama’s first term were self-evident. His focus on passing Obamacare and the politically brutal way it was imposed by a Democrat-controlled Congress that didn’t even read the bill seemed to cry out for a defeat in 2012. "

" His failure to accept the recommendations of the Simpson-Bowles Commission on the means to avoid further debt was yet another reason I thought people would realize that he wasn’t merely indifferent to the rising national debt and deficits, but welcomed them as a way to reduce America as a world power.

When the U.S. credit rating was reduced for the first time in our history I thought people would be concerned. They weren’t. How many saw the looming financial crisis, captured perfectly in the automatic budget cuts of the sequestration mandate?"
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2012_11_01_archive.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm

I read somewhere yesterday that the FBI started notifying some at different levels two weeks ago about Broadwell and Gen P. You can bet the "Commander in Chief," the President, imo, knew immediately. Libya was brought up at the 1st Presidential debate, it's a hot button issue for both parties. Even Diane Fienstien had said apparently "the white house gave their people the talking points on Libya," she stated "that was a mistake." I never cared for her but I am glad to see she is going to DEMAND answers, and of course, former JAG Lindsey Graham.

There are many that have been screaming for weeks on hearings and investigations into Libya, Gen P is going to have to testify imo, there is no way around it, he just can't refuse. I have to wonder if he is going to be yet again, another fall guy since he is in deep poop anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 pm

A picture at this link of Jill Kelly and her husband, the female threatened by Broadwell, and Gen. P and his embarrassed wife Holly.

From the article:

Holly Petraeus is said to be FURIOUS, it would be an understatement.

Retired Gen. David Petraeus’ “furious” wife seethed in anger, after learning that her cheating-heart hubby was conducting foreign affairs with another woman, a family pal said today.

US Army Col. Steve Boylan, who once worked as a spokesman for Petraeus, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that wife Holly Petraeus didn’t react well to Friday’s news that the now-former CIA chief was caught having an extra-marital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell.

"Well, as you can imagine, she's [Holly Petraeus] not exactly pleased right now," retired Col. Boylan said.

"In a conversation with David Petraeus this weekend, he said that, 'Furious would be an understatement.' And I think anyone that's been put in that situation would probably agree. He deeply hurt the family."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/target_of_mistress_rage_5jsQegpThXCez0sGKuxHSN

Shout out to Holly, dump him and take 1/2 of his pension which is probably substantial. By the looks of the 2 women involved, poor Holly, they are 1/2 her age and size. Though the couple may stay married, imo, it would be difficult to heal or mend.

Men can be so stupid, BUT, Broadwell was stupid too, she's married to a radiologist and he is really a nice looking man. I bet he dumps Broadwell and takes the kids, she might even have to belly up child support.

It's complicated, the P family has had a 37 year marriage, the Broadwell's, I don't know but their kids are small. Humiliation and pain for all involved and their extended families.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 pm

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor knew of David Petraeus' affair with biographer Paula Broadwell almost two weeks before the former CIA director resigned his post.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/majority-leader-eric-cantor-knew-petraeus-affair-october/story?id=17696177#.UKFzuIf7Jek

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm

snipped:

Freckles wrote: No one thought it was a big deal when the COMMANDER IN CHIEF was whispering sweet nothings in the ear of the lady in the blue dress.

Just wanted to point out that her ears were nowhere near his lips. PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! 121648 PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! 80578
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Julie wrote:snipped:

Freckles wrote: No one thought it was a big deal when the COMMANDER IN CHIEF was whispering sweet nothings in the ear of the lady in the blue dress.

Just wanted to point out that her ears were nowhere near his lips. PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! 121648 PETRAEUS ~ Head of the CIA  RESIGNS!  FBI Investigating Mistress! 80578

I read a month or so ago that Monica L is going to write a book about the romp in the oval office and the cigar, OMG, had she not saved the infamous blue dress, she would have never been believed imo. Poor Monica, she just never got it together or found her nitch it seems. She was so attractive I thought, I wonder if her book will be as unsuccessful as Riley Hunter's, the baby mama drama of John Edwards sorted affair. Riely wrote a book and said some unflattering things about Elizabeth Edward's, a cheap shot imo about someone that has died so young, unfair is an understatement. imo, what a POS, Riley still profiting off sleeping w/JE, I find it interesting that she got pregnant in her 40's. Poor Elizabeth was dying of cancer and she was faced w/finding out about a love child. A low blow imo, then JE was brought up on charges of campaign finance monies financing Riley's life style while pregnant. Of course he skated. This all sounds like a trashy romance novel, LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:11 am

FBI Searches Broadwell's Home

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fbi-agents-reportedly-raid-the-home-of-petraeus-alleged-mistress-paula-broadwell/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 am

The story grows.....

General investigated for emails with Petraeus friend

http://news.msn.com/politics/general-investigated-for-emails-with-petraeus-friend
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am

art tart wrote:
Julie wrote:snipped:

I read a month or so ago that Monica L is going to write a book about the romp in the oval office and the cigar, OMG, had she not saved the infamous blue dress, she would have never been believed imo. Poor Monica, she just never got it together or found her nitch it seems. She was so attractive I thought, I wonder if her book will be as unsuccessful as Riley Hunter's, the baby mama drama of John Edwards sorted affair. Riely wrote a book and said some unflattering things about Elizabeth Edward's, a cheap shot imo about someone that has died so young, unfair is an understatement. imo, what a POS, Riley still profiting off sleeping w/JE, I find it interesting that she got pregnant in her 40's. Poor Elizabeth was dying of cancer and she was faced w/finding out about a love child. A low blow imo, then JE was brought up on charges of campaign finance monies financing Riley's life style while pregnant. Of course he skated. This all sounds like a trashy romance novel, LOL.

LOL, it does.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Someone correct me, if you will.
Didn't Gen P just became director of CIA this past July?
Thought I had read of his senate confirmations in July, 2012.

Did he move directly from military to CIA or was he retired first?

It might matter as to how much "sensitive info" anyone might think he may have had access to or could pass along.

I still believe it is all smoke and mirrors.
Something bigger is happening and this is to redirect our attention.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Julie wrote:The story grows.....

General investigated for emails with Petraeus friend

http://news.msn.com/politics/general-investigated-for-emails-with-petraeus-friend

From above link:

Gen. John Allen is under investigation for allegedly sending inappropriate messages to a woman linked to the Petraeus scandal.

ABOARD A U.S. MILITARY AIRCRAFT - The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General John Allen, is under investigation for alleged inappropriate communication with a woman at the center of the scandal involving former CIA Director David Petraeus, a senior U.S. defense official said on Tuesday.

The revelation threatens to fell another of the U.S. military's biggest names and suggests that the scandal involving Petraeus - a retired four-star general who had Allen's job in Afghanistan before moving to the CIA last year - could expand.

The U.S. official said the FBI uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of communications - mostly emails spanning from 2010 to 2012 - between Allen and Jill Kelley, who has been identified as a longtime friend of the Petraeus family and a Tampa, Florida, volunteer social liaison with military families at MacDill Air Force Base.

and....

U.S. officials had said in recent days that their investigation was largely complete and that prosecutors had determined it was unlikely they would bring charges in that case, which started when Kelley contacted an FBI agent in Tampa about harassing emails from an anonymous source.

That FBI agent, who has not been identified, has also come under scrutiny after it was discovered he had sent shirtless photographs of himself to Kelley, but "long before" this investigation, a law enforcement official told Reuters. The photographs were first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The agent had never been on the Broadwell case, but had taken the information about the emails to the FBI cyber squad in Tampa, the law enforcement official said.

The FBI agent, who works in the Tampa office, apparently became frustrated at the pace of the investigation and complained to a member of Congress about it, the official said.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Freckles wrote:Someone correct me, if you will.
Didn't Gen P just became director of CIA this past July?
Thought I had read of his senate confirmations in July, 2012.

Did he move directly from military to CIA or was he retired first?

It might matter as to how much "sensitive info" anyone might think he may have had access to or could pass along.

I still believe it is all smoke and mirrors.
Something bigger is happening and this is to redirect our attention.

A timeline of events in the affair and investigation that culminated in David Petraeus resigning as director of the CIA last week.

By Josh Lederman

Sept. 6, 2011 -- Petraeus is sworn in as CIA director with his wife, Holly, by his side. Broadwell keeps in contact with Petraeus and is later invited to his office for events, including a meeting with actress Angelina Jolie.

More at link:
http://t.news.msn.com/politics/petraeus-fall-from-grace-how-and-when-affair-and-fbi-investigation-unfolded
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Isn't it oddly convenient when we asked for the TRUTH about specific details (here it is Benghazi) we are given some scandalous affair that should have been handled privately with human resources IF it really happened.

Time after time we have seen this with the gov't.
THEY can't discuss specific details as to where our dollars are going BUT they are willing to have our military leaders taken down or order them to fall our their swords.

I am not buying this. All smoke and mirrors, IMO.
All done to distract us.

We DO know Gen P and Paula Broadwell, with others, were OPPOSED to the methods and needs for specific military tactics. They spoke out PUBLICLY about this. Gen P spoke before the Senate in Jan 2012 telling the Senate Iran HAS the ability to immediately sending THREE nukes. And Israel has LONG been concerned with Iran's capability. So look for the prez to say he had been misinformed---- when suddenly Iran rears its ugly head.
Prez will blame others for not informing him. Betcha!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I hope for your sake Jules they never find out YOU were the actual mistress! affraid Fear not! Suspect Your secret is safe with me..........
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm

eva wrote:I hope for your sake Jules they never find out YOU were the actual mistress! affraid Fear not! Suspect Your secret is safe with me..........
You are just one jealous snake, aren't you! Laughing You were hoping for some of those side benefits a GI can offer, right? Fess up! drunken
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Freckles wrote:
eva wrote:I hope for your sake Jules they never find out YOU were the actual mistress! affraid Fear not! Suspect Your secret is safe with me..........
You are just one jealous snake, aren't you! Laughing You were hoping for some of those side benefits a GI can offer, right? Fess up! drunken

Laughing
eva knows all about the ears being nowhere near the lips.
awe
hehehe

Last edited by Julie on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Gen William "Kip" Ward, General Demoted for Lavish Travel, Spending

" Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has demoted the former head of U.S. Africa Command who was accused of spending thousands of dollars on lavish travel and other unauthorized expenses, a senior U.S. official said Tuesday.

Panetta stripped Gen. William "Kip" Ward of a star, which means that he will now retire as a three-star lieutenant general despite arguments from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff against the demotion. Ward also has been ordered also repay the government $82,000."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/general-demoted-lavish-travel-spending-17708407#.UKLAameW0RY

BTW, IMO, Obama's wife needs to reimburse the gov't for her shopping trips to Hawaii and Spain. Further, the extra security hired to protect the MIL who lives in the WH with them and the illegal family members who have collected welfare and food stamps, that ALL needs to be paid back!

Keep in mind, the Senate is calling for a hearing on the embassy deaths in Libya. Why isn't Panetta preparing for that instead of taking a powder to Australia with Sec. of Defense, Hilary Clinton? BOTH should be at the Senate hearings, IMO. They are out of country!

Edited:
Ward must not be married. He has not been accused of any sexual hanky-panky!

Last edited by Freckles on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Defense official fires back, denies Afghanistan commander exchanged 'inappropriate' emails

By NBC News staff

Updated 4 p.m. ET: Allegedly “inappropriate” emails between U.S. Gen. John Allen and the woman who sparked the investigation into CIA Director David Petraeus do not signify the two had an affair, a defense official told NBC News on Tuesday.

“There was no affair,” said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The emails in question could be misconstrued, the official said, predicting that the investigation will prove Allen’s innocence.

Allen, the commander of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan, is under investigation over allegations that he exchanged “inappropriate” emails with Jill Kelley, a senior defense official told reporters earlier Tuesday.

Read more:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/13/15130151-defense-official-fires-back-denies-afghanistan-commander-exchanged-inappropriate-emails
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am

Found! Petraeus' mistress lies low with a glass of wine in D.C. as it's revealed she took 'significant amounts' of classified military documents - so will she now be charged?

Paula Broadwell photographed for the first time since the resignation of CIA boss David Petraeus - at her brother's home in Washington D.C.

The 40-year-old mother of two is at the centre of the sex scandal which has claimed the career of retired four-star general Petraeus and threatens that of General John Allen
The affair was uncovered after Broadwell sent threatening messages to Jill Kelley, 37 - telling her to back off from friendship with Petraeus

She also sent emails using the pseudonym 'KelleyPatrol' warning General John Allen about Kelley the 'seductress'
Caused FBI to begin an investigation which led them to uncover 'potentially inappropriate' communication between General Allen, 58, and Kelley.

Sources close to that investigation describe the correspondence between Kelley and Allen as like 'phone sex'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232634/Paula-Broadwell-photos-David-Petraeus-mistress-discovered-lying-low-DC.html#ixzz2CD6YaLVV

imo, Broadwell NEEDS to be charged for bringing home confidential documents, Gen. P too if he allowed it.

O U T R A G E O U S!

It is reported that Eric Holder knew about this AFFAIR since June! It's a DAMN LIE imo, if the white house claimed President Obama didn't know, NOBODY that is reading the story believes that bull chit, not even Democrat Diane Fienstien.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am

It's complicated:

Jill Kelly, told an FBI MALE FRIEND about the harassing emails. Her FBI MALE FRIEND investigated the emails and harassment bringing others into the investigation.

Jill Kelly's FBI MALE FRIEND has been reprimanded for SENDING EMAILS of himself topless to her! PUKE!

Jill Kelly had a relationship of sorts, at least involving salacious emails and phone contact w/General Allen who is now in deep poop.

imo, Both these women were married to physicians and both are attractive, have nice life styles, apparently BOTH are bored w/their marriages, maybe their role as being a parent, but I too was married to a physician that is now deceased, I spent my time volunteering at their schools, teaching art classes to their classmates, and reading to children at public libraries.

This is an outrageous display of grandiose self absorbed behavior by 2 women and those available to play around with them, appalling it is 2 General's. I am so proud of our American Heroes, young men and women that proudly fight for our country, I can't imagine how they feel about General's apparently having too much free time on their hands while they risk their lives for us, jmo.

You just have to laugh, Broadwell sought attention, fame, and look at her now, so stressed she seems to have aged in the past week. Self destructive too it seems, everything she worked for is gone. She is being photographed apparently w/a telephoto lens of sorts, the attention she sought she can't hide from now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232634/Paula-Broadwell-photos-David-Petraeus-mistress-discovered-lying-low-DC.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 am

In Praise of Holly Petraeus and Other Military Spouses

The hundreds of thousands of other military spouses who stand by their loved ones as they fight, move bases, and take part in an unusual culture. Army wife Bethanne Patrick on the unsung and noble plight of the military’s spouses.

I’m talking about “Army wives” and Army husbands, too—meaning those of us who do not take oaths of military service, but who do stand by our men and women. While we honor our servicemen and women, we often forget that many service members marry men and women who do not themselves wear a uniform but must live by the oaths their spouses take. Even though Hollister “Holly” Knowlton Petraeus grew up as “West Point royalty” (her father, Gen. William Knowlton, was the superintendent of the United States Military Academy during Petraeus’s years as a cadet), when she said “I do,” she gave up her own dreams and began following his.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/14/in-praise-of-holly-petraeus-and-other-military-spouses.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm

THE LATEST!!!

BEST PHOTOS YET!!!!

http://petraeusaffair.tumblr.com/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 pm

LMAO! No joke, Dominick Casey is INVOLVED in the investigation into Jill Henry's relationship w/Gen Kelly. Supposedly Jill's twin sister, Natalie's ex husband contacted him. Both Gen Kelly and Gen P wrote letters to the Judge advocating for Natalie to keep her children in the divorce but she still lost. I guess because it's in Fla., DC is available PRO BONO. He lost his home sucking up to Cindy Anthony at no cost, never being paid a dime and Baez never paid him, LOL, why would anyone contact DC? Dominick re OH! Geez Louise, I guess now he is going to bring in a psychic. Laughing Laughing Laughing

From the article:

Dominic Casey confirmed exclusively to RadarOnline.com that he has been “contacted to investigate Natalie’s relationship with General John Kelly, General Petraeus and other high ranking military officials.”

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/11/david-petraeus-scandal-casey-anthony-pi-investigating-jill-kelley-sister-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Three things we need to hear from Petraeus.

By Ryan Smith

updated 10:22 AM EST, Thu November 15, 2012

•Members of Congress plan a 'big-time dive' on issues surrounding David Petraeus’ resignation
•What questions do you hope Petraeus answers when he testifies on Friday?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/15/david-patraeus-scandal-testimony-need-know

HLN's Kyra Phillips talks with Petraeus

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 7:36 PM EST, Thu November 15, 2012

•HLN's Kyra Phillips has been talking to the former CIA director since last week. What's he been saying?
•Petraeus says this is not about Benghazi, and he never passed classified information on to mistress

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/15/kyra-phillips-david-petraeus-robin-meade
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Obama: No evidence of security breach in scandal

AP Video:

http://www.wistv.com/category/229633/video-landing-page?clipId=7958771&autostart=true
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Obama: No evidence of security breach in scandal

AP Video:

http://www.wistv.com/category/229633/video-landing-page?clipId=7958771&autostart=true
This is funny. And it is contradictory. I have found articles, side by side, that state no evidence of security breach AND the opposite: evidence of security breach.

I find it interesting Susan Rice, the first to speak of the embassy raid, blamed it on the film release on youtube. BS. Supposedly, she was the spoke person for Obama.
So he knew and put her up to the spin. Then he went out to state he did not know at that time. Well, if the commander in chief was not aware for hours or even days, isn't that a major problem? (Another source, I can't give name, stated Obama was watching the attack go down. He was in the situation room and it was being broadcast by an overhead security drone.) I have to wonder, however, if this is the reason they are trying to rush out by demoting three star Gen. William "Kip" Ward, commander of the African force. Supposedly, this is over a spending of 85,000 dollars???? Right. I don't buy. Not at all. Something stinks like 3 day old pea soup.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 am

Freckles wrote:[quote="Alessandra_Deux" -Obama: No evidence of security breach in scandal

AP Video:

Freckles shared: This is funny. And it is contradictory. I have found articles, side by side, that state no evidence of security breach AND the opposite: evidence of security breach.

I agree, I don't believe Obama, there are too many inconsistencies in his ever changing story.

Freckles shared -I find it interesting Susan Rice, the first to speak of the embassy raid, blamed it on the film release on youtube. BS. Supposedly, she was the spoke person for Obama.
So he knew and put her up to the spin. Then he went out to state he did not know at that time. Well, if the commander in chief was not aware for hours or even days, isn't that a major problem? (Another source, I can't give name, stated Obama was watching the attack go down. He was in the situation room and it was being broadcast by an overhead security drone.) I have to wonder, however, if this is the reason they are trying to rush out by demoting three star Gen. William "Kip" Ward, commander of the African force. Supposedly, this is over a spending of 85,000 dollars???? Right. I don't buy. Not at all. Something stinks like 3 day old pea soup.

This story stinks to high heaven imo. imo, Obama knew exactly the circumstance of Gen P's affair, hell, Eric Holder knew since June. imo, Obama CAN'T SAY there wasn't a breach BECAUSE the FBI is looking at charges against Broadwell and she had CLASSIFIED Documents in her possession. DUH! Freckles, your right, BLAMING the incident on YouTube was ridiculous, it's embarrassing the President hasn't told a believable story on the incident as of yet, but the American people look to him for the facts, especially the families.

Obama is HOT to give Susan Rice Hillary's job but she appears inept and made the talk show rounds the Sunday after the Libya attack promoting the video theory. Lindsey Graham isn't having it and told the President so, he said "he doesn't support promoting ineptitude and lies." I look for Eric Holder to step down, after "Fast/Furious," his countless lies, his knowledge of Gen. P's affair for months but conveniently didn't tell Obama is not believable. I scream bullchit. All of this is political, precisely timed from the ridiculous accounting of the Libya attack to the resignation of Gen. P. The ELECTION had everything to do w/imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 am

Art tart--
When the story of the affair first broke, I was shaking my head in disgust. First, even if we thought both the general and the woman threw aside long, intensive careers, they both had families. She had 2 very young children. Further, the sex drive diminishes with age. But let's say both were willing to toss aside careers and marriages for a fast roll in the hay, okay? (And I can't imagine that being the case!) He had prostate cancer and was undergoing radiation treatment at the time they met. So his sex drive was further diminished and probably replaced with vomiting, headaches, etc.. If he had surgery, according to the web, he could expect difficulty in attaining any erection. Further diminishing a sex drive. And if he had chemo?

A male relative had bladder cancer in his late sixties. Talk of hell! Chemo was delivered directly to the bladder through the penis. And it burnt. And the test samples were obtaining through the penis. And it hurt like hell.
(The worst was when the chemo was accidentally dripped onto his inner leg. It burned the skin.)

I don't know the course of Gen P's treatment. However, if it involved surgery, large chance of no being able to sustain an erection. If it involved chemo, his thoughts would have been elsewhere. Broadwell stated it did involve radiation so I imagine he was nauseated.

I guess I am stating:
I do not believe he or Broadwell would have tossed aside everything from career to family for a quickie. And it is ify if he could even had attained sex with anyone at that time. Besides, sex is intimate and I don't know if a man would be willing to risk his ego following this type of cancer.

So. I have to conclude someone did not like Gen P stating he felt there was more efficient ways to combat and Gen P had expressed an interest in rebuilding war torn countries rather than waging more wars. IMO, he was told to "fall on his sword."

I hope to someday hear the truth.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Freckles - I agree w/your thoughts, many good points I hadn't thought of.

FINALLY something I believe!

Petraeus' testimony both challenges the Obama administration's repeated claims that the attack was a "spontaneous" protest over an anti-Islam video, and according to King conflicts with his own briefing to lawmakers on Sept. 14. Sources have said Petraeus, in that briefing, also described the attack as a protest that spun out of control.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who spoke to reporters after Petraeus testified before the House Intelligence Committee, indicated he and other lawmakers still have plenty of questions about the aftermath of the attack.
"No one knows yet exactly who came up with the final version of the talking points," he said.

Further, King said a CIA analyst specifically told lawmakers that the Al Qaeda affiliates line "was taken out."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/petraeus-to-testify-knew-libya-was-terrorism-from-start-source-says/#ixzz2CPUr1nr5

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/petraeus-to-testify-knew-libya-was-terrorism-from-start-source-says/#ixzz2CPQYAVIz

CIA and FBI Director's normally report to the President themselves and imo, Gen P reported DIRECTLY to OBAMA although Obama was knee deep in his re-election campaign. Although Gen P has resigned, I don't know that he is going to be willing to LIE for this President or any high ranking official in the Obama Administration. BUT! If I had to guess, it was Hillary Clinton or Eric Holder that had a hand in the debacle of the talking points.

imo, Obama wanted to claim "he got Bin Laden as he stated," but the navy seals quickly corrected him and said, "the navy seals GOT Bin Laden." imo, Obama wanted his administration to be able to say they had been effective on terrorism, but the attack in Libya on 9-11-12 showed the military and Gen P that terrorism remains a threat daily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Former CIA Director David Petraeus stoked the controversy over the Obama administration's handling of the Libya terror attack, testifying Friday that references to "Al Qaeda involvement" were stripped from his agency's original talking points -- while other intelligence officials were unable to say who changed the memo, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/petraeus-to-testify-knew-libya-was-terrorism-from-start-source-says/#ixzz2CPfnY14A

So most people knew EXCEPT Obama in the Administration? LMAO! It ONLY confirms what most people assumed happened, everybody, except Obama.

B U S T E D

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Gen P Spoke before Senate hearings in Jan 2012 stating the inefficiency and terrible cost of conducting warfare with "boots on the ground" (my phrase) when smaller, less intrusive and less destructive forces would be more efficient. So his views were there.

I believe this was Jan 30 or the 31, 2012. I had to google and set up specific time frames.

Re today: Gen P is NOT permitted to speak to the press.
So we are, again, taking the words of others. The Senate hearing of Jan 2012 was open.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Art tart-
I had listened to talk radio SEALS speak on this.
They were ready in Istanbul. Three times they notified superiors (CIA, IIRC) they WANTED to go in and could be on the ground in an hour. Three times they were told no.
They are proud of the two SEALS who DISOBEYED orders and went in! Everyone knows the local "security" detail is unarmed on the American property--- the Embassy.The SEALS are disgusted with the abdication of duty by the superiors to protect the embassy personnel.

Re the release of classified docs:
None by Broadwell or Gen P.
It is common knowledge, when we are in war, we do establish an intelligence base (CIA) in the country; we do establish holding cells (jails) for holding persons we want to interview or question further. No secrets there, is there? Common sense.

The film was a cover up for failure to protect the Embassy.
When the cover was blown, they had to blame someone.
They had to create a cover story.
Gen P had spoken out in Jan 2012 so he became the fall guy. And Broadwell agreed with Gen P's opinions re method of warfare.

To confuse the story more, Gen Allen was put on the hot seat along with Gen Ward. (Gen Allen is a personal friend of McCain--- a republican.Which may be why Sen McCain harshly criticized Obama after OB spoke early this week.)

Someone is trying to punish others for difference of opinion.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

BTW, I have not googled this for confirmation but I have heard all our allied embassies in Libya had pulled out as the situation had become too dangerous. (Britain had pulled out as well. When they first heard of tension around our Embassy, they offered to send in reinforcement troops of their own BUT Obama turned it down! This would be in gov't docs, carefully worded.)

WE knew IN ADVANCE 9-11 would be a target date for attacks upon our property and our people. Obama did nothing. CIA takes instructions from Obama. Cabinet post position heads it up. Same with FBI. And ALL the generals and GIs. Obama is "in control" or charge of these.

The two SEALS who died: They were able to organize and safely get 27 or so people out of harm's way; they were able to protect the bodies of our dead so there would not be a display and desecration of the bodies.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next