Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake

3 posters

Go down

4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake Empty 4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake

Post by Julie Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 pm

So senseless & stupid! Sometimes I think people just have no respect for life of any kind. Evil or Very Mad

4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake

By Vignesh Ramachandran, Staff Writer, NBC News

Officials and a Native American tribe in Washington state are offering $13,750 for information leading to the conviction of whoever killed four bald eagles near a lake last week, according to local media.

snipped:

Marustad told The Seattle Times it appears the birds were shot with a small-caliber rifle.

snipped:

Without a permit, killing a bald eagle -- America's national bird -- is a serious offense.

In the United States, the bald eagle and the golden eagle are protected under multiple federal laws, according to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Per the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, felony convictions can lead to a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years in prison. Civil penalties are also subject to thousands in fines and imprisonment. Bald eagles are also protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Lacey Act. The bald eagle was removed from the Endangered Species federal list in 2007.

The act is also a misdemeanor under Washington state law, according to The Seattle Times.

Read more:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/18/16586514-4-bald-eagles-found-shot-at-washington-state-lake?lite>1=43001
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake Empty Re: 4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake

Post by justanopinion Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 am

that is so disgusting... no reason to harm one of these majestic creatures... I drove 50 miles to see one that was reported in the area! Absolutely beautiful.

Hope they find the vermin!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake Empty Re: 4 bald eagles found shot at Washington state lake

Post by eva Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Crying or Very sad
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down