Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vick returns with big win for Eagles

Go down

Vick returns with big win for Eagles Empty Vick returns with big win for Eagles

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:45 am

Michael Vick played his first NFL regular-season game in more than two years on Sunday, helping the Philadelphia Eagles soar to a 34-14 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Vick, released from jail in May after being sentenced in 2007 to 23 months in prison for bankrolling a dog-fighting ring, had limited action as a quarterback and once went in as a wide receiver.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback was on the field for 11 plays, rushing once for seven yards and throwing incomplete on two pass attempts. He had not played in a regular-season game since December 2006.

"I thought I played fairly well," Vick said. "I would by lying if I said I wasn't nervous."

He took to the field on the second play of the game as a wide receiver, then rushed for seven yards later in the quarter. He handed the ball off on most of his other plays.

"We wanted to get him in and just get him gradually back in with the speed of the game," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "We wanted to knock some of the rust off. We accomplished that."

"I won't feel like all eyes were on me like they were today," Vick said. "I'm progressing. I'm not regressing, which is a big thing," added Vick, who served 18 months in federal prison. He was suspended for the first two regular-season games.

Six catches

Kevin Kolb started at quarterback for the injured Donovan McNabb and completed 24 of 34 passes for 327 yards and two touchdowns for the Eagles (2-1). He also rushed for a touchdown.

Wide receiver DeSean Jackson had six catches for a career-high 149 yards and a touchdown.

Quarterback Matt Cassel threw for two touchdowns for the Chiefs (0-3).

In Detroit, the Lions snapped a 19-game losing streak to beat the Washington Redskins 19-14 and record their first victory in nearly two years.

Lions fans, who had staged protests and worn bags over their heads during the winless run, had not celebrated a victory since December 23, 2007.

"We not only got the monkey off our back, we got King Kong off our back," Lions owner William Clay Ford told reporters.

Only 40,896, the smallest crowd for an NFL game at Ford Field, witnessed the victory with a league-mandated television blackout in effect because the game was not sold out.

Also, Brett Favre threw a 32-yard touchdown pass to Greg Lewis in the back of the end zone with 2 seconds left to lift Minnesota to a 27-24 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

Elsewhere, it was: Colts 31, Cardinals 10; Packers 36, Rams 17; Ravens 34, Browns 3; Jaguars 31, Texans 24; Giants 24, Buccaneers 0; Patriots 26, Falcons 10; Broncos 23, Raiders 3; Chargers 23, Dolphins 13; Saints 27, Bills 7; Bengals 23, Steelers 20; and Bears 25, Seahawks 19.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90779/90870/6772620.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down