Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Leno Returns

2 posters

Go down

Jay Leno Returns Empty Jay Leno Returns

Post by Estee Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Welll...Jay Leno returns tonight to his late night show...Will I watch it...I don't think so....Will he be better than his prime time program? Who knows, who cares, not me!! I havent watched the Tonight Show, on a regular basis, since Jack Parr and the WC incident...That was sooo uncalled for...Look at what comedians get away with now!!!! Letterman is the closest to Parr's personality and sense of humor....I guess I just want to hang on to the past...I just don't get Leno...I don't think he's funny and what's that old saying about one can't go home again??? I don't think it will be the same and he's definitely lost some of his fan base...I wish Conan well, I admire what he did by sticking up for his staff...

Oh, did I watch "Johnny"? I have to admit that I did watch him occassionally....but even he couldn't hold a candle to Parr...but, that's just my opinion....Sooo in the meantime I'll just stick with David...I do enjoy him!!!!
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Jay Leno Returns Empty Re: Jay Leno Returns

Post by Justice4all Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

I wasn't around when Jack Parr was the host, but I did enjoy watching Johnny quite a bit when I was younger. I watched Leno sometimes, but I usually only watched his monologue and the headlines segment.

I don't really blame Leno for what happened with Conan. I don't think Jay ever really wanted to leave, but a few years ago NBC set a date for Conan to take over and Jay had to go with it. When the time came near, NBC feared Leno going to another network, so they gave him the prime time show. The prime time show tanked and The Tonight Show wasn't drawing as good with Conan, so NBC really found themselves between a rock and a hard place. NBC didn't handle it well, and it's messed up that Conan and his staff had to move all the way across the country for nothing.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down