Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's

+3
keikikiki
Gia
Moosiesmama
7 posters

Go down

Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's Empty Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:26 pm

These are some questions I would ask and i'm hoping the jury asks. If you have an answer (even tho most are sarcastic) or other good questions for her add 'em!

Last edited by neens on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

neens

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Some questions I have are

- What do you consider "evidence" that something is true? for example, what specifically led you to decided there was no "evidence" that Jodi has been manipulative w/ other men or that she is a stalker, but that there was "evidence" that Travis strangled Jodi one day?

-At what point did you realize that you had misspoke when you said that Jodi shot Travis in the closet? Did someone tell you that contradicted Jodi's defense?

-Do you have any reason to believe you would have written in your notes that the knife was left on the nightstand if Jodi didn't tell you that herself?

-Knowing that Jodi has lied since she was arrested, and that she lied about the cuts on her hands, why didn't you consider that she was still lying to you about the domestic violence?

-Would you agree that IF Jodi was not being honest with you during your evaluation, you would not have enough evidence to conclude that Travis was domestically violent, since the only evidence of the violence is what she told you?

-why didn't you interview anyone besides Jodi?

-would you say that someone who stabbed their partner 29 times and slit their throat is being domestically violent? (haha)

neens

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Questions you would ask ALV & Juror Q's

Post by Moosiesmama Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:13 pm

If there are certain excuses that true DV Victims use not to call and involve the police, why is that not also true for TA?

Last edited by Moosiesmama on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a word)
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm gonna try to type all the good juror questions asked on here once they start

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Jodi A's defence is self-defence thus giving her a strong motive to lie about being physically abused by Travis. Taking this aspect into account together with her previous lies to avoid taking responsibility for the crime, how can you be confident that she is not lying about the abuse?
Gia
Gia

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Would you have been willing to be a defence expert if Jodi had been a man and Travis a woman?
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 pm

-you stated you read Jodi's journal from when she was w/ TA, did you read any EARLIER entries?
--No

-Did you read or see any interviews with TA's family?
--No

-What did you learn about Travis?
--blah blah blah

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

-Could Jodi have exaggerated to help her case?

-Is it possible friends and family may have embellished to help her?

-What did you discover about Travis in texts and emails to other women?
--irritated women, played them, sexual

-Is it common for women in abusive relationships to snap and commit violent acts onto the perpetrator?
--stutters

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:17 pm

-We have seen and heard that Jodi has kicked her mother, slapped her mother, and called her sister stupid, would you say that she is physically violent?

-have you ever seen situations where victims kill their partners because they see no other way out?
--hesitates for SO long then JW wants to approach.

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 pm

-Because of possible consequences, do you think that Jodi could be exaggerating physical abuse?

-How does it affect you assessment when you do not have the whole story from both people?

-Could any of Travis's actions be defensive instead of abusive?

-Does it concern you at all that you can't get a full and complete story from Travis?

-isn't it possible that Jodi didn't put some events in her journal because they never actually happened?

-Would you say it was a possibility that Jodi abused Travis?

-Are victims of abuse usually as violent as Jodi was (when she killed Travis)?

-Can you provide the time frame during which you evaluated Jodi?
--Oct. 2011 (2 days), 4-5 visits total

-Regarding the argument in the car in 2008, you said TA slapped JA across the face is that exactly what she told you?

-State how confident you are that Jodi did not lie to you.

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Actual questions:

Post 7964
Bermstalker

" Alyce completely trashes Travis on the stand in every one one of her answers! It was sickening
After lunch after a very long delay.....
Alyce is back on the stand. Judge will read off the jury questions (I hope to be able to keep up.)

Did you read any earlier diaries of Jodi's? No

Could the earlier ones help you better? I read a lot of information

Did you read Travis' family or friends? Only 48 hours

What did you learn about Travis? He was a motivational speaker and good at it. He knew his scriptures, and came from an abusive household. He was made fun of. He liked women. Don't know much about his friendships. His anger.

Do you think Jodi lied to you to help her case? (Long story) No

Could Jodi have exaggerate to help her case? She could have

Is it possible friends and family lied to help her? I guess except they didn't go overboard.

What did you discover about Travis and other women? Travis liked to talk sex. He would push PPL on them. He was good with women. He irritated women too. He played them. (wow Alyce is bashing the hell out of Travis)

Is it common for women to Snap and commit violence? Self defense (Approach)

Is it possible for Jodi (the victim) to be the murderer (perpetrator)? It's possible for somebody to lash back (Now another long ass story from Alyce)

Jodi being violent with family. Wouldn't this characterize Jodi as an abuser? She was an angry teenager. Not uncommon

Why would a preptrator be abusive in one relationship but not another? Depends on the relationship. (Long story and more Travis bashing)

Have you ever seen where victims kill their partner b/c they have no way out? Long pause-One case I've worked before. (Approach)

Could a women kill somebody to get away from the abuse? Rare

Both sides are both victims and abuser? Uncommon (long story)

Were Travis and Jodi in this type of relationship? I see no evidence of it. Jodi was calm and tried to calm the situation

If Jodi slapped and kicked her mother, wouldn't that make her an abuser? Not really. This is about 2 peers.

Could Jodi being lying about abuse events? Anything is possible. Probably not in this case (Long bashing on Travis)

Could Jodi and Travis fit somewhere in your high column? No (Long bashing on Travis)

How does it effect you assessment when you don't have the whole story? Most of the time you don't. (Long story, she has a big box of stuff)

Could Jodi have been an abuser in the relationship? No evidence of it

Could Jodi have been guilty of verbal abuse of Travis? No evidence of it. Plus she had 2 good prior relationships

Could Travis' actions been defensive instead of abusive? It was beyond defensive (Long bashing of Travis)

2 kids facing abuse end up handling things in different ways? Sure. (Long ass story)

Does it worry you that you can't get a complete story from Travis? Sure, I wish I could.

Is the partner consider abusive if you have low self esteem and don't talk about it? You don't act abusive

How can quickly can abusive esclassclate after you meet? Varies

How was Travis's girlfriend before Jodi and Lisa? Deanae
Describle that relationship? On and off for 6 yrs. Deanne loaned him money.

Jodi has told you stuff but she's a liar. How do you know she is being truthful? (JM is objecting) Alyce based it on all the stuff she read

Did you ever see any proof that Travis abused Jodi? Broken finger

Isn't it possible Jodi didn't write stuff in her diary b/c they didn't happen? It's possible (Long bash on Travis

Kicking mother and the scale? She was a teenager

Have any of your patients killed their partner? Yes

Is it possible Jodi abused Travis? I don't have evidence of it

Did Jodi and Travis have a love hate relationship? Abusive relationship

How does a love hate impact the partners over time? They are high conflict. (Long story)

Killing Travis was extreme, is that what a victim would do, in your experience? They are afraid. They don't know when to stop. (Long story)

Other than Jodi's word, what evidence do you have about underwear from Travis? There was an IM about it

Does Jodi still write in her diary? HAven't seen them.

Timeframe when you seen Jodi? 44 hrs Oct 2011, Doesn't know the other days, and one when she came for her daughter's wedding

The car argument and Travis slapping her. Is that what Jodi told you? No, it was the jaw

How confident are you that Jodi did not lie to you? I don't believe she lied to me (long story with word play)

Travis' childhood and his behavior. Describe? It's not vague. (Long bashing of Travis about how he was abusive) Travis seen threat in things that were not a threat.

April 2008, Jodi didn't fight back. Are you saying she would rather lay there instead of fighting back? Lots of people don't fight back.

A controlling person-does that mean they are automatically controlling? No

Are any of Travis' ex say Travis was abusive? No

Is it possible the May 10 IM about the temper was a joke? Didn't sound that way

Why didn't Jodi stop talking to Travis right then, then? IDK

Did you interview anybody else face to face? No

Are you aware Jodi's g. parents house was robbed? Yes

Wasn't it a known fact to Jodi that Travis was trying to find somebody to marry? Yes

Does another person give power to somebody with more power? Yes (Long story)

Any other women ever state that Travis abused them in any way? Lisa Andrews email

Did any friend or family ever mention anything? Matt
Survivor, Please describe? Positive sound and powerful word

Could a survior be a preprator? Yes (Long story)

Jealousy not written in her diary, could it be b/c of LOA? Alyce brings up how Jodi was depressed

Could a female abuse or terroize a man to the point of killing him? Yes (Long story)

Couldn't a prep be a female? Yes

When did you meet with Jodi and on what dates? Above #41

Aren't you basing everything about Pedo on what Jodi told you? Yes (bashing Travis)

Jodi not getting medical attention for the finger. What prevents them then just lying about it? There are people that do that. (Long story)

If the name calling was just between Travis and Jodi, why is it called charcter assissian? It doesn't matter. They have the power (Long bashing against Travis)

You only talked to Jodi, how do you know it's truthful to base your decision? Looking at data.

Jodi's full voicemail, how do you know Travis ordered her too? He said it.

Couldn't Travis get irratied by the VM was full? Sure, it's what he did afterwards

Why would you not look futher into Travis' text about fearing Jodi? I read the text

Recess for 10 minutes "

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26892-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death-%28Part-II%29/page319
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 pm

My own question:

Is it common for someone who is being physically abused and who is fearful to actively seek opportunities to spend with the perpetrator?
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Do you believe that Jodi A was a defenceless woman who had no choices or options?
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 pm

-is it possible that the may 10th text about TA's temper was a joke?

-Did you interview anyone besides Jodi face to face?
--no

-Are you aware that Jodi's grandparents' house was broken into 2 days after the fight between JA and TA over instant message?
--Yes.

-Please define your term "survivor"
--another word for victim

-could a survivor also be a perpetrator?
--yes..

-You said you saw nothing in her journal about her being jealous, couldn't that be because of the law of attraction?

-could a female abuse, batter, or terrorize a man, to the point of killing him?
--makes her repeat the question..

-could a perpetrator be a she?

-What would prevent the person from getting medical attention and lying about the cause, instead of not getting med. attention at all?

-in the magazines you gave to Jodi in jail, she tried to write hidden messages for someone, were those intended for you?

-If Jodi thought she had a high IQ, is it possible that she would try to outsmart everyone?

-Jodi's old friend stated Jodi was manipulative and liked to play the victim, is it possible those traits stayed w/ Jodi as she got older?

-have you seen ANY evidence that TA abused JA, other than her broken finger, which she claimed TA broke?
--No.

-is there a reason to believe that JA did not manipulate you as she manipulated others?

-why have you looked at JA multiple times during the cross exam. when there were brakes and sidebars, to give her a warm smile?

I stopped keeping track after this..they were pretty good!

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Gia wrote:My own question:

Is it common for someone who is being physically abused and who is fearful to actively seek opportunities to spend with the perpetrator?

I thought the same thing about how she drove SO far out of her way, Alone, and w/o telling anyone. does that suggest she was scared of TA?

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 pm

What led you to decide that Jodi had not told you she shot Travis in the closet after you testified that she said she did? Did someone from the defense team tell you that was wrong?

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Actual questions from jury:

Post 8060

" I believe the jury is on to Alyce!!! # 85-89 is the best ever. I'm pretty sure that's the juror the defense meant to kick off. HAHAHA
Back from Recess
Alyce is still on the stand. Jury Questions

73. You have many years dealing with abusive men? Yes
74. So all the men you are around, have any been with abusive men? I know lots of men
75. Is your view of men biased? I don't think so. I know men
76. Did you read all the diaries or just what was provided? Only what was provided
77. Could Travis have said the mean things b/c he wanted Jodi to leave him alone? No
78. Did Travis speak mean in his journals? No
79. (Didn't catch this one. But it was about the diary)
80. Magazines you sent to Jodi. Were the hidden messages to you? I didn't know she did
81. High IQ, could she try to outsmart test? It didn't appear she did outsmart them
82. Jodi playing the victims, could those traits stay with her as she got older? It was a school friend. She doesn't have evidence of that
83. Have you seen any proof that Jodi was abused? No
84. Why should be believe Jodi hasn't munilpated you as she has others? (approach) I didn't use Jodi as my evidence
85. Why do you keep looking at Jodi during the breaks and giving her smiles in court? I only do that sometimes (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
86. Do you have personal feelings or feel sorry for Jodi? I like Jodi and working with her.
87. Apr 9- Purple Plum-when JM was marking the EX, You looked at Jodi and gave a half smile. Why did you do this? I didn't know I was (WOW)
88. Lies Jodi told, why do you believe her? The data I read
89. What if you discovered Jodi had lied, would you need to change your information? I would re look at things. (Bashing Travis)
90. Facial expressions, etc.....do you agree that they show a lot? Yes
91. To which did you give more weight, written or verbal? I had all written.
92. Does it give Jodi an unfair advantage b/c Travis is not here to tell his side? I wish I could have interviewed Travis.
93. Phone calls made during text and such? I am aware
94. Did you ask Jodi if phone calls were ever part of those exchanges? I think I asked her
95. 18 cases, how many were males the victims that you worked on? (Long pause) 2
96. Family of Orgin with Travis, why did you not check out Jodi's family for abuse? I did check (Long story)

Court is over until 9:30 am "

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26892-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death-%28Part-II%29/page323
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Reactions from the JAII site:

Post 8073"

" From the JAII site...because it's too good not to share:

"Some of the jury are still listening to HLN I think.Some of the questions were really stupid.How depressing.But logic and reason are on Jodi’s side."

"The combined IQ of this jury has to be 17 (1 pt for each juror) if these people cannot understand that what Travis did to Jodi was NOT normal!"

"What’s with these man hating questions"

"I just love Alyce!!!!! I love her smile, I love her aura…she is an angel."

"

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
"

"OH NO… for GOD’s SAKE! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!"

"WHAT THE FUCK????They sure are giving Jodi credit for being such a good MANIPULATOR for having MANIPULATED ALV???
Then why didnt she turn on her manipulation with TA??"

"The judge has the most ugly look on her face when asking the
questions? there is no doubt by her body language what side
she favors! Not a Fair an unbiased trial at all to me. All one
sided."

"

Please, God, if you’re real, let all of these inappropriate questions come from ONE juror.
the one every one else on the jury hates." "

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26892-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death-%28Part-II%29/page323
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Post 8075
re ALV eyeballing JA

" Not only noticed in passing, date and time, (April 9, 11:03 a.m.) were provided. Someone was keeping an eye on Alyce. "

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Freckles wrote:Reactions from the JAII site:

Post 8073"

"Some of the jury are still listening to HLN I think.Some of the questions were really stupid.How depressing.But logic and reason are on Jodi’s side."

"The combined IQ of this jury has to be 17 (1 pt for each juror) if these people cannot understand that what Travis did to Jodi was NOT normal!"

"

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
"

"WHAT THE FUCK????They sure are giving Jodi credit for being such a good MANIPULATOR for having MANIPULATED ALV???

sided."

"

Please, God, if you’re real, let all of these inappropriate questions come from ONE juror.

Freckles- NO WAY...are these legit? Is this a joke, 'cause it's really funny if it is. On the JA minion site? The same h!ll hole that had all the comments under pics of Travis in the body bag this am? This is priceless, joke or not. Very Happy
keikikiki
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 pm

keikikiki wrote:
Freckles wrote:Reactions from the JAII site:

Post 8073"

"

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
"

sided."

"

Freckles- NO WAY...are these legit? Is this a joke, 'cause it's really funny if it is. On the JA minion site? The same h!ll hole that had all the comments under pics of Travis in the body bag this am? This is priceless, joke or not. Very Happy

This is so entertaining! haha but even knowing what side they're on, I still don't get how they're surprised. How did they not expect the jury was gonna ask q's like that?? were they not watching during their q's to the others??

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 am

KIKU-
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you.
Yes, those are real entries taken from the Jodi Is Innocent sit. Turns out, little bro Joseph is running the site using a proxy from Pakistan. Any/all revenue generated by foot traffic to the site is given to JA and her family. Also, ebay has now pulled her accounts there with her art work. She is advertising someplace else; reported twitter accts: JA talks with Donavan (seen daily in court next to JA's mother) and Donavan takes her messages and posts the insults to fb and twitter accts.

BTW, Donavan was her first roommate; felony arson for burning down a building in AZ...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 am

**SOURCE: Juan Martinez - Prosecutor Support Page
on FACEBOOK.............HAT TIP to Eileen Dimminger!!!

Just as she promised, Eileen Dimminger has typed up all the answers to the juror questions from today. So, here are the questions *and* answers.

Q & A - Laviolette 4/11:

1. Did you read entries from before Travis’s and Jodi’s relationship?
No, I didn’t…I had limited information from 2006-2008.

2. If you read earlier entries, would it have given you a better picture of Jodi Arias?
I read a lot of info from her family and boyfriends prior to that so I got a pretty good picture of JA. I saw the 7 hours from 48hrs but other than that-one e-mail from the sister.

3. What did you learn about Travis? I learned from reading what he wrote in a book and some of his blog. He was a motivational speaker, good at knowing his scriptures, from as abusive childhood, survival as a child was tough, he was made fun of (for not bathing) he had verbal and physical abuse and was neglected, attractive to women, the Hughes (friends for 5 years) were concerned about how he treated women, his anger from his own words and how he talked to women in private.

4. Do you think Jodi Arias could have lied to you to help her case? When I first met Ms. A she was very protective of Mr. A. She had a hard time looking at herself as a battered woman (as it takes 2 to tango). Then in reading from men who lived with her none described her as a liar. She kept things from her parents…typical of a teenager…lying is not unusual- The Arch Bishop lied, Lance Armstrong lied, Bill Clinton lied…about image…a lot of us lie about stuff less serious than killing someone.

5. Could Jodi Arias have exaggerated to help her case? She tended to minimize.

6. Is it possible friends and family may have embellished in an effort to help her? I guess, except that friends and family didn’t seem to go overboard. I read Mr. A.’s words directed at her, the disrespect…looked at the escalation process. They didn’t say ‘Gee, she’s this wonderful person.’

7. What did you discover about Travis when looking at email, text, and IMs to other women?’ Tend to push sexual limits, pushed PPL on them. He was very good with women but also irritated women- was pushy. He knew how to play them effectively. He shared his faith- insinuated his way into their confidence. He empathized with them, one husband didn’t let her have friends…he said ‘go to the Bishop.’ Another’s ex-husband was verbally and physically abusive and addicted to porn…he empathized.

8. Is it common for women in abusive relationships to snap and commit violent acts towards long-standing perpetrators? “…In a self-defense kind of situation not easy to answer with Yes or No// (// means Martinez objects and the Judge goes on to the next question).

9. Is it possible for the survivor to be the perpetrator? It’s very possible for somebody to lash back. Michael Johnson calls it ‘violent resistance’ – yelling or hitting back. Most of the time violent resistance is an explosion of yelling and screaming. It could be physical or violent. Haven’t seen it (with women) much without a weapon.

10. We have heard that Jodi kicked her mother, called her sister stupid, etc. , So would this characterize Jodi Arias as an abuser? I believe that happened when (she) was a teenager- an angry teen. Calling her sister stupid is not uncommon. Kicking and hitting her Mom, I don’t approve -teens do a lot of things not good to do. Anger with her Mom was part of her history. There’s no evidence of physical violence with her Mom as an adult.

11. Why would a perpetrator be abusive in one relationship, but not another? I believe that happened when (she) was a teenager- an angry teen. Calling her sister stupid is not uncommon. Kicking and hitting her Mom, I don’t approve -teens do a lot of things not good to do. Anger with her Mom was part of her history. There’s no evidence of physical violence with her Mom as an adult.

12. Have you ever seen situations where victims kill their partners because they see no other way out? Depends on the level of intensity. Travis’ relationships were not long-term, it takes time; it’s a progression, it doesn’t happen right away. Lisa felt disrespected in a short relationship- they broke up 3 times. Others didn’t like how he talked…via the internet. It’s not difficult to be non-aggressive with someone not spending time with you…from folks I’ve worked with relationships were intimate the person they are most committed to gets the most abuse.

13. Is it conceivable that a woman can kill her partner just to get away from the abuse? I worked on one case where that was true. It is conceivable but it is rare. Is it possible that Travis and Jodi were in this type of relationship? It doesn’t appear to me- there’s no evidence of it…no evidence it’s true. Travis is the one escalating and being aggressive and in her prior 2 relationships there’s no evidence she was violent, aggressive or jealous. Could there have been abuse on both sides? Generally with DV it doesn’t stay at that level and the latest research is over time the male gets more violent.

14. If Jodi slapped and kicked her mother in the past could she be seen as a perpetrator? She could be seen as aggressive when she kicked and hit her mother in the past. I look at power differences//

15. Do you feel it’s possible Jodi could be exaggerating abuse events? I think anything’s possible when I look at the kind of escalation with Travis and listen to friends it’s very difficult for me to believe that.

16. How does it affect your assessment when you do not have the full story from both individuals? Often murder cases don’t have the story there’s no access to the other side. You gather the info you can-I read boxes of info…and get as much as I can from both sides so I’m not biased.

17. In your opinion, is it possible that Jodi could have also been a perpetrator in her relationship with Travis? I don’t see any evidence of that.

18. Is it possible Jodi could be guilty of psychological abuse towards Travis? Anything’s possible, just no evidence of it. I looked at prior (longer) relationships and neither Brewer (4 years) nor Matt (2 years) indicated she was abusive, controlling, jealous or manipulative. And she remained friends with them.

19. Could any of Travis’s actions be considered defensive, rather than abusive? Any of us can get angry or upset, the difference is the kind of tirades- beyond defensive to the extreme.

20. Can two children facing identical abuse situations end up handling them differently as they become adults? Sure- when you grow up in your family it’s not just what’s dealt but how you see it’s dealt. Siblings can see things differently. You can find someone you can count on- Uncle, Grandfather, you can change. Some blame their self or the parent. Community can help- church, scouts, sports teams-positive things can have an impact. However, the brain’s learning level from (age) 0-6 is exponential. People with really negative things in family of origin need some counseling.

21. Does it concern you at all that you can’t get a full and complete story from Travis? Yes, I wish I could…I can only take what I got from friends, women, his writing. I got as complete a story as I could get.

22. How quickly can abuse escalate from the first time two people meet? It’s very different. Usually there’s a period of time where it’s not happening…it varies…everyone’s different. Once it escalates there’s a //

23. Prior to Lisa Andrews and Jodi, do you know who Travis’s girlfriend was? Can you describe this relationship? (I missed some due to link going down) something about the best years of her life…loaned him money, not sure he ever paid back.

24. It has been proven Jodi has lied multiple times since killing Travis, how are you able to know everything she is saying is truthful? I don’t…I got collateral evidence…I believe she’s telling me the truth about most things. Because she lied after the killing doesn’t make her a liar. She was a frightened human being – it doesn’t make her a liar. (As far as) her character before this event- I didn’t hear she was a liar from anyone.

25. Did you ever see any proof that Travis physically abused Jodi? The only thing I saw was a broken finger.

26. Isn’t it possible that Jodi did not write some things in her journal because they never happened? It’s possible although Travis didn’t rite in his journal//

27. Have any of your patients ever killed their partner? Yes.

28. Are you able to confirm Jodi ever abused Travis? No evidence of it, and her relationships with other men, or any exchanges between the two of them. It’s possible but there’s no evidence to support it.

29. Would you classify Travis’s and Jodi’s relationship as a love/hate relationship? I would classify it as an abusive relationship.

30. Is the violence level of Jodi’s response to neutralize the threat consistent with what a victim of abuse would do? Part of a conversation- she told him she’d bring them.

31. Other than Jodi’s word, what evidence do you have she received Spiderman undies or the pink tshirt from Travis? (I missed)

32. Has Jodi continued to write in her journal after June 4, 2008? I haven’t seen any after June 4th. I don’t know.

33. Please provide the time frame when you worked with Jodi. I spent 44 hours in the jail with Jodi (Judge asks ‘dates?” ) First visit- October 2011-2 days, then within 3-4…don’t know exactly. Four to five different visits, 8-6 hours, 6-7 hours, 3-4 hours. Spread out.

34. Regarding the argument in the car, you stated Travis slapped her across the face. Is that exactly what Jodi told you? No it isn’t exactly what she told me- the jaw I think of as the face//

35. Please state how confident you are that Jodi did not lie to you? That she did not lie to me about what? Like ever? I don’t believe she lied to me about significant things…it’s possible.

36. Can you describe the connection between Travis’s childhood and his behavior? Yeah it’s not vague at all. The most significant factor in abusive relationship is the worst child abuse equals the difficulty in having a non-abusive relationship and Travis’s childhood was incredibly abusive. His Dan kicked the door in, threw him across the room, there was no food, Mom slept for days and Dad wasn’t around. They abused each other. (Travis) ate moldy bread. When exposed to this you learn combat survival-hyper-vigilance. There’s a direct link between what you’re exposed to and how you handle it. Especially with no intervention.

37. Are you aware if any ex girlfriends of Travis said he was physically abusive to them? There were no ex’s who said Travis was physically abusive.

38. If Jodi was that upset at what Travis was saying to her in text messages, why didn’t she stop talking to him?
39. Other than Jodi, did you interview anyone else face to face? No I did not.

40. Are you aware Jodi’s grandparents house was broken into two days after the IM session? Yes, I’m aware the Grandparent’s house was broken into.

41. Wasn’t it a known fact that Travis was trying to find someone he could marry? It was a known fact. I just…the conversations would not lead you to believe he was trying to woo somebody- sexual from the beginning.

42. Have any of the women who Travis had a relationship with said that he abused them psychologically, verbally, or physically? Lisa-in putting her down, not respecting her values, said being a teacher would suck. Another girl complained…Nicole- Travis told her no one would date her. It’s important to me//

43. Did anyone ever mention concern or suspicion of abuse regarding Travis or Jodi during interviews with other people? Matt mentioned he believed she was verbally abused and maybe physically abused.

44. Please define the word “survivor”. We used to use ‘victim’, survivor is more positive and sounds better.

45. Could a survivor also be a perpetrator? Yes…with violent resistance they can lash out. The dominant aggressor who is the primary offender has the most power.

46. Could a female abuse, batter, or terrorize a man to the point of killing him? Yes, women can be perpetrators. The percentage …in surveys, ER rooms, crime reports//

47. You claim that Jodi not getting medical attention for her finger is consistent with other battered women. What would prevent the battered person from getting medical attention and lying about the cause of it? There are people who get medical attention and lie about the cause.

48. If the name-calling was only between Jodi and Travis, wouldn’t this just be name calling and not character assassination? No, character assassination doesn’t have to be in the presence of others and usually doesn’t. It tears apart who you are and is worse because you love that person.

49. How do you validate the information presented to you without talking to both parties in this relationship? By using collaborative data. Looking at different things- like he wrote ‘I don’t like whores’//

50. Wouldn’t you say it’s reasonable that Travis might get irritated that he couldn’t leave a voice mail for a week while Jodi’s mailbox was full? Well he said ‘empty it out’ without ‘please- that’s how I read it.

51. Is it possible your view of men in general is skewed or biased towards them being abusive? Actually I have a lot of male friends, family and a son. No…they are not abusive. I have worked with male co-facilitators one with for 20 years. (She goes on & on about men she’s worked with, her Dad, brothers…etc.)

52. Did you real all of Jodi’s and Travis’s journals or just the portions provided to you? I only read portions- what was provided.

53. Do you believe it was possible that Travis said some of the negative things towards Jodi because she was stalking him and he wanted to distance himself from her? No I don’t believe that.

54. Did Travis speak negatively in his journals bout any of the women he was seeing? No I don’t believe he said anything negative in his journals.

55. In the magazines you sent Jodi in jail, she wrote hidden messages in some of them. Were those hidden messages for you? I had no idea she had written hidden messages to anyone. And I didn’t receive any.

56. Jodi’s old friend said she liked to play the victim. Even though that was in high school, is it possible those traits stayed with her? I don’t have any evidence of that.

57. Is there any reason we should believe Jodi has not manipulated you as she has others? I’m not sure who you believe she’s manipulated. //

58. Why have you looked at Jodi multiple times during the cross to meet eyes with her and give her a smile? I have done on occasion just to acknowledge her. I looking at friends from school. I’ve tried to avoid looking at her. Let’s see…Maria’s in the front row, my father was here yestrerday…

59. Do you have personal feelings for Jodi or feel sorry for her? I have feelings…I have liked Jodi in terms of working with her. We haven’t had a relationship since the 44 hours I spent in jail. I’m clear on my own boundaries. If I thought it would get in my way I would step away from it.

60. You looked at Jodi, gave a half smile and shrugged your shoulders when Mr. Martinez was marking evidence. Why did you do this? Wow – I didn’t even know I was doing it. I don’t even remember…I don’t know what to say.

61. Why would you believe the things Jodi told you happened before the killing? I believe those things because of corroborating data. I wasn’t there during the physical incidents…much was corroborated with other sources.

62. Hypothetically, if you were to discover Jodi exaggerated rather than understated the abuse would you have a different opinion? I would certainly re-look at things because that would be important. Bur rage and escalation with Travis in his relationships and leading up to things; his childhood abuse- writes ‘I don’t like whores’// Not just what Jodi says, what Travis says and his behavior. You don’t have to be perfect to be a victim of abuse.

63. When assessing this case, to which did you more weight: written or verbal communication? Well, I had much more written so more weight to written. Interview with Jodi in jail- sometimes behind a screen I really couldn’t see clearly (the screen)- got inflection and tone in an uncomfortable environment. I relied more on written.

64. Do you feel that being able to interview Travis gives Jodi an unfair advantage in telling their shared story of abuse? I wish I could have interview Travis. I got part of my info from his close friends. The way people see him, his own words, childhood, interviews. I feel like I got a picture of Travis.

65. Are you aware of phone conversations made before, during, or after the texts and IMs you reviewed? I’m aware there were phone calls…and I get confused which is which…the sex tape was recorded. I don’t know if there were more recordings, I had texts, e-m’s etc.

66. Did you ask Jodi if phone calls were ever part of those exchanges? Yeah, follow up calls made I didn’t have dates on those.

67. Of the 18 forensic cases, how many were cases where a male was the victim of abuse and not the perpetrator? Of the forensic cases that I’ve done//there were at least 2and there as one where the father killed the son in law//

68. You pursued family of origin for Travis, why didn’t you pursue Jodi’s? I did assess Jodi’s family for abuse- her level of abuse was much lower than Travis’…same sex role modeling- women victims as opposed to perpetrators- I did not rule that out. Travis’ was far more violent.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 am

>Knowing what you do now, would you have still taken this case, for 1/2 the pay (150.00 per hour?)?

>Why did you send JA magazines in jail (Photography, not self help) and do you send all of your incarcerated clients magazine subscriptions?

>Do you understand the meaning and concept of professional boundries?

>In the cases you have testified in, how many were death penalty cases?

>When is the last time you ever gave a straight yes or no answer and didn't expand or elaborate an answer?

>Do you like the sound of your own voice?

>Have you ever been sanctioned by the court?

>How has your involvement in this case affected your 35 year career, business and personal relationships?

>When is the last time YOU had a mental evaluation?

>You stated you were a Keynote speaker when that clearly wasn't the case. You now claim to be an impartial expert in the field of domestic violence, yet, you make these evaluation conclusions based on cherry picked information. How can you call yourself an expert, or impartial when you didn't factor in all the facts?

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 pm

43. Did anyone ever mention concern or suspicion of abuse regarding Travis or Jodi during interviews with other people? Matt mentioned he believed she was verbally abused and maybe physically abused.

isn't Matt McCartney the one she tried to send the coded messages to in the magazines? I bet there's a pretty good chance she told him to say that

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by neens Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Calypso wrote:>Knowing what you do now, would you have still taken this case, for 1/2 the pay (150.00 per hour?)?

>Why did you send JA magazines in jail (Photography, not self help) and do you send all of your incarcerated clients magazine subscriptions?

>Do you understand the meaning and concept of professional boundries?

>In the cases you have testified in, how many were death penalty cases?

>When is the last time you ever gave a straight yes or no answer and didn't expand or elaborate an answer?

>Do you like the sound of your own voice?

>Have you ever been sanctioned by the court?

>How has your involvement in this case affected your 35 year career, business and personal relationships?

>When is the last time YOU had a mental evaluation?

>You stated you were a Keynote speaker when that clearly wasn't the case. You now claim to be an impartial expert in the field of domestic violence, yet, you make these evaluation conclusions based on cherry picked information. How can you call yourself an expert, or impartial when you didn't factor in all the facts?

I would love if she were asked the bold ones! roflao

neens

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Here is my question for Alyce:

What is the difference in how you counsel an abused man vs an abused woman?

What is the difference in how they present or discuss their abuse?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 am

Freckles wrote:Here is my question for Alyce:

What is the difference in how you counsel an abused man vs an abused woman?

What is the difference in how they present or discuss their abuse?

Good questions
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down