Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

+4
jerseyjul1
justanopinion
lostyou
Nene_Please
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young DENIED parole - 8/1/2018

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 pm

NOTE: I did not hi-lite any words in "blue" in the following commentary. Please do NOT click on any words hi-lited in blue. Thanks.

PAROLE DENIED for Abigail Young!

Abigail Young was denied parole by the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) on 8/1/18.

Continued justice for precious (barely 4 years old) Emma Thompson prevails!   afro

Special thanks to Andy Kahan and Laurie Thompson for their efforts in meeting with the TBPP in July, 2018.
Andy is Director of Victim Services and Advocacy at Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX.

Also, special thanks to Amanda Young Mathews for all of her efforts.

A very special thanks to all of the people, from all over the world, that wrote letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young. It is my understanding that over 4,000 letters were written opposing parole for Young.   The TBPP members reviewing Abigail Young for parole are required to read every letter that is sent to them regarding Young's parole.  Your letter is very important!

Due to Texas law, Abigail Young was not given a 5 year set off date for her next  parole review.  Andy explains this in his comment below.  She will be up for parole review again in 2019 . .. . . a 1 year set off.  

In 2019, we will have to write letters opposing parole for Abigail Young.  

Please read Andy Kahan's commentary in his original post on Facebook (see below).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy Kahan

Parole Decision Alert:

Abigail Young was denied parole today, however she will be once again (4th time) for release August 2019 due to the inane Discretionary Mandatory Release Law.

Bottom line: Parole board members had no discretion to grant a set-off of more than one year due to State Law.

This means a notice of potential release will be sent out April 2019. The law that we passed appropriately titled 'Emma's Law in 2013 to give the parole board discretion upon denying parole not to review again for up to 5 years (used in 2013) is no longer in effect in this case due to HB 1433 which was passed in 1995.

Back to the drawing board and will be once again seeking legislative solutions to remedy this injustice.

On behalf of Emma's family, friends and supporters we will once again be seeking your help to prevent Abigail Young from being paroled six months from now.

This must change.

____ End of commentary ____

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 pm

To:  Admin and Moderators

Does anyone know why some of the words are hi-lited in blue in the above comments?

I noticed sometimes they are hi-lited in blue when logged out and when logged in.

I don't know what that is about.  

Members and guests, please do NOT click on any words hi-lited in blue.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young up for parole review - 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 pm

ABIGAIL YOUNG  is up for parole review by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice -
Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles  (TBPP) as of 4/2/2019.  

Serving almost 9 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable and it is not justice for the brutal, horrific rape and
beating death of Abigail Young's barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson!

Emma was pronounced dead at a hospital in The Woodlands, TX on 6/27/09.  Per trial testimony in a State District Court - Houston, Harris County, TX, it was the day that Lucas Coe sexually abused, raped and beat barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson to death.

In September,  2010, Abigail Young's live-in boyfriend, Lucas Coe, was found guilty and he is serving "Life without the possibility of parole" at a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison in this brutal, horrific rape and beating death of precious Emma Thompson.

Abigail Young, a well educated Registered Nurse at the time of Emma Thompson's death, did nothing to protect her precious daughter, Emma Thompson.  

For your info, on 7-12-10, Abigail Young was found guilty of causing injury to a child by omission, but the jury found that she did so recklessly rather than knowingly and intentionally. Unfortunately, it was the lesser charge. Had it been knowingly and intentionally, Young could have been sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole.  

It is imperative that Abigail Young is not granted parole in 2019!     Serving about 9 years
for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of her precious daughter, Emma Thompson, who was barely 4-years-old is unacceptable and it is NOT justice for Emma!  Abigail Young should serve all 20 years!

Please be a voice for barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson!  Please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP)
and request that they deny parole for Abigail Young.

You do NOT have to be a citizen of Texas or the United States to write a letter and oppose parole for Abigail Young.

In the past when Abigail Young was up for parole review, supporters from all over the world for "Justice for Emma Thompson"
chose to be a voice for little, precious Emma Thompson.  They wrote letters to the TBPP and asked that parole be denied for Abigail Young.

Every letter has to be read by the TBPP board members who are reviewing Abigail Young for parole.

Your letter is important and it will be read by every TBPP member who is reviewing Abigail Young for parole in 2019.    

The many letters that have been written during past parole reviews for Abigail Young were instrumental in Young's
parole being denied!
Other factors are considered but the letters were very instrumental in her parole being denied.

Your letter can be as detailed as you choose to write it or as simple as, "I oppose parole for Abigail Young."

Abigail Young's full name and  Texas Department of Criminal Justice ID numbers must be included in your letter.  

For your convenience, you can copy and paste the following info:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH
SID #: 08428403, TDCJ #: 01668233

TO:  Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles

All letters should be e-mailed to the following address:

victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

Please be a voice for precious . .. . barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson.  This sweet angel was sexually abused prior to 6/27/09 and
was diagnosed, by her pediatrician, with genital herpes including her hands and mouth.  Lucas Coe and Abigail Young both tested positive
for genital herpes.  The tests were ordered by a Judge in a preliminary hearing.

Abigail Young, who was still married at the time,  quit sending Emma to day care when she moved her much younger
boyfriend, Lucas Coe, into her home with her and her daughters.  Even though Abigail Young knew Lucas Coe was involved in a
previous girlfriends' child abuse case in an adjacent county, she allowed Lucas Coe to babysit Emma when she was at work.
He did not work!  He had a daughter about Emma Thompson's age and he was court ordered to have supervision when he was
allowed visits with his own daughter.  Abigail Young knew this yet she still allowed Lucas Coe to be alone with Emma Thompson
for many hours while she worked.

If you prefer to familiarize yourself with the case before writing a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles, you can read
about it at a true crime forum, Reality Chatter.  There are two threads.

Here are the Links:

https://realitychatter.forumotion.com/t2705-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-thread-1
Reality Chatter - Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

https://realitychatter.forumotion.com/t4317-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-thread-2?highlight=Emma+Thompson+Thread+2
Reality Chatter - Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

I followed the Emma Thompson case closely and I attended Lucas Coe's trial in Houston, TX.  I commuted for over 3 weeks (approximately 150 miles round trip in rush hour Houston traffic).

During Lucas Coe's trial, I saw the horrific pictures of Emma Thompson at The Woodlands, TX hospital (pronounced dead), the horrific autopsy pictures and heard testimony from Emma's pediatrician, treating physician and nurses from the hospital where she was pronounced dead after
all efforts failed to revive Emma, testimony from law enforcement officers, EMS who transported Emma to the hospital from the side of the road; the folks that gave Emma CPR on side of the road while Abigail Young was on the phone with Lucas Coe who was at her home down the street with her 2 other daughters, etc.

I was shocked when I saw the hospital and autopsy pics of precious Emma Thompson!  I did not recognize this beautiful little girl, who was barely 4 years old.

Emma  did not even look like the precious little girl in the many pics that the media showed of her .. .   the beautiful little girl in the bluebonnets (her last Easter in 2009); the little girl in a robe which was a Christmas gift .. .her last Christmas in 2008 and many other pictures of a happy, beautiful little Emma Thompson .. . ..  prior to Abigail Young moving Lucas Coe into her home.

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson .. . . write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.  Write your letter to the Texas  Board of Pardons and Paroles as soon as possible!  The sooner the better!

Thanking you in advance for being a voice for precious Emma Thompson!  afro

I apologize for the way this printed here.    In preview, it is fine but when I posted it here, it
has words on separate lines, etc.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young up for parole review - 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am

RE: Emma Thompson's mother, ABIGAIL YOUNG, is up for parole after serving only 9 years of a 20 year sentence!

Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and beaten to death by Abigail Young's "live in" boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

Here is an informative video which FOX26 - Houston, TX uploaded to YouTube in 2014.

It aired on 11/6/2014. Katie McCall - Reporter/Anchor with FOX26 News - Houston, TX at the time, did an interview
with Amanda Young Mathews (Emma ForJustice), Emma Thompson's maternal aunt, and Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor (Harris County District Attorney) for the State of Texas in the trials of Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe ( Young's boyfriend at the time).

During the separate trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe in 2010, Katie McCall was a reporter with KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX.

Katie did an amazing job of covering both trials in 2010.

Katie is currently with a TV station in Florida.

Please take the time to watch this informative video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3qsIWmfR_M&feature=youtu.be
FOX26 NEWS - Houston, TX   - - -  11/6/14 - - Emma Thompson
Katie McCall of Fox26 Houston news reports on the missed opportunity of Baby Emma

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:09 am

URGENT!

ABIGAIL YOUNG - Up for parole review after serving only 9 years
                              of a 20 year sentence!

ABIGAIL YOUNG  is up for 2019 parole review by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice -
Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles  (TBPP).  

Serving almost 9 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable and it is not justice for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death
of Abigail Young's barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson!  

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
opposing parole for Abigail Young.

You do NOT have to be a Texas resident and you do NOT have to be a citizen of the United States.  Any one from all over the world
can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Your letter can be as simple as "Please deny parole for Abigail Young" or it can be as detailed as you choose to write it.

The many letters that have been written during past parole reviews for Abigail Young were instrumental in Abigail Young's parole
being denied! Other factors are considered but the letters were very instrumental in her parole being denied.  

It is imperative and critical that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles receive many letter requesting that they deny Abigail Young
parole. Serving 9 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable.  

During past parole reviews, people from all over the world wrote letters to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP)
and were a voice for precious Emma Thompson.  Your letter is important and it will be read by every member of the TBPP.
They are required to read every letter.

Every letter must have Abigail Young's full name, and Department of Criminal Justice and State ID numbers (inmate number).  

For your convenience, please copy and paste the following:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

A close friend of mine from Australia has 4 precious children ages 5 to 13.  She is an amazing, loving, kind mother and her children
come first! She is horrified that Abigail Young failed to protect her precious child, Emma Thompson.

She is heart broken that barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson had to endure sexual abuse and then the brutal,
horrific rape and beating that ended Emma's life .. . . on June 27, 2009.

She wants to be a 'voice' for Emma Thompson and she wrote a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Today she sent me a copy of the letter she wrote and e-mailed to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.
She gave me permission to copy her letter in a post.  For her privacy, I will not use her name.

LETTER FROM A LADY IN AUSTRALIA to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles - 4/28/2019

April 28, 2019

RE:  Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

I am a mother of 4 precious children.  My heart hurts for
what Emma Thompson had to experience in her short
precious life.

Please accept this letter as a plea for parole denial.

Kind regards,

XXXX (I am not including this lady's name for her privacy)
Address .. . .(not including)
Australia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please be a voice for precious barely 4-years-old Emma Thompson!  Please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles
and request parole be denied for Abigail Young!

Thank you for being a voice for precious Emma Thompson!  afro   Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974

I am sorry for the way this post printed.  In preview, sentences and paragraphs are as they should be.  When
I post it, the content is the way it appears.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Parole Review- 2019: Info where to e-mail letters

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 am

RE:  ABIGAIL YOUNG - Parole Review - 2019
        Emma Thompson case
 afro
Please write a letter to the Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles  (TDPP)
and request that parole be denied for Abigail Young who is currently
in parole review status.

You do not have to be a resident of  Texas or the United States to write a letter.

Certain pertinent info is required.  For your convenience,  you can copy and paste the following:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

OR .. . you can FAX your letter to:   (512) 452-0825

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson!

Every letter is important and the TBPP board members,
who are reviewing Abigail Young for parole, are required
to read every letter.  It is Texas law!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole review - 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 am

Wednesday, 6/26/19

Re: ABIGAIL YOUNG - Parole Review

This morning I called the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division.

I had several questions and I would like to share the following info:

(1) Letters to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young will be accepted through Wednesday, 7/31/19.

If you have not written a letter yet, please do so as soon as possible. The representative I spoke to said it is better to send the letters ASAP (as soon as possible).

Your letter can be as simple as: "I oppose parole for Abigail Young." Or .. . It can be as detailed as you choose to write it.

(2) You can write more than one letter if you choose to do so.

As of 4/2/19, Abigail Young was in Parole Review status. I have written 3 letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and requested Abigail Young be denied parole.

I intend to write another letter tomorrow . .. 6/27/19 . .. which is the official date of Emma Thompson's death. It has been 10 years! It seems like it was only yesterday.

(3) As always, please be sure to include Abigail Young's ID numbers. If you don't, your letter will not be forwarded to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles.

Include the following:

TO: Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH
SID #: 08428403
TDCJ #: 01668233

(4) You can fax or e-mail your letter to the following:

Fax: (512) 452-0825

E-mail: victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

(5) If you have any questions about sending a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young, the representative I spoke to told me that you can call (800) 848-4284 and the representatives will be more than happy to assist you.

(6) A decision by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles regarding Abigail Young being denied or granted parole will be made in August, 2019.

(7) Every letter, that includes Abigail Young's name and two ID numbers, has to be read by the members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles who are reviewing Abigail Young for parole.

As I have stated many times, you do NOT have to be a Texas resident or USA resident to write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

People from all over the world have written letters during past and current parole review.

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young. Serving almost 9 years of a 20 year sentence is not justice for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of precious Emma Thompson.

Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old when her mother, Abigail Young, moved her younger boyfriend, Lucas Coe, into her home with her, Emma and 2 of her other daughters.

Abigail Young was a Registered Nurse at the time. While she worked, she let her "live-in", Lucas Coe ,"babysit" Emma instead of sending Emma to daycare as in the past.

Prior to Emma being brutally raped and beaten to death, her pediatrician diagnosed her with Herpes, a STD! As required by Texas law, the doctor reported this to Child Protective Services.

At a later date, when a Judge ordered that Lucas Coe, Abigail Young and Emma's father be tested for STD, Coe and Young tested positive for Herpes - STD. Emma's father tested negative.

Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old. She had Herpes. She was brutally raped and beaten to death by Lucas Coe on 6/26/19. She was pronounced dead on 6/27/19 after all efforts to save her at a hospital ER in The Woodlands, TX failed.

Abigail Young, Emma's mother, did nothing to protect her precious child, Emma!

I attended every day of Lucas Coe's trial in 2010. As the Prosecution stated, "Abigail Young loved Lucas Coe more than her own child, Emma."

Lucas Coe is serving life without the possibility of parole.

The picture below was Emma Thompson's last Easter .. . . in a field of bluebonnets in Brenham, Washington County, TX on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009. It is a picture of a "happy" Emma .. . before her mother moved Lucas Coe into her home. Emma's official date of death: 6/27/2009

If you do Facebook, please copy and paste this to your Timeline! Ask your "friends" to write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young!

We need to work together as a team to ensure there are many letters written to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles requesting that Abigail Young be denied parole!

Please be a "voice" for Emma Thompson and support continued justice for Emma Thompson.[/b]
<3 Thank you!

For your info, these are the reasons, Abigail Young was denied parole by the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles in August, 2018:

YOUNG,ABIGAIL ELIZABETH
SID Number: 08428403 TDCJ Number: 01668233

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 08/01/2018

DMS (08/2019)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 9D1, 9D2, 2D

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

9D1 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S ACCRUED GOOD CONDUCT TIME IS NOT AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE OFFENDER'S POTENTIAL FOR REHABILITATION.

9D2 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S RELEASE WOULD ENDANGER THE PUBLIC.

Source: Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Offender Abigail Young
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG%2CABIGAIL+ELIZABETH&fbclid=IwAR2of2fir1tQuc4TVFRwCR59vgou9YEN0BRTVr8q5UYnVqu85cgPd4Dw78c
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX -- Abigail Young parole review - 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm

From KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX on 10 PM News - Tuesday, 7/2/19

RE: ABIGAIL YOUNG parole review/Emma Thompson case

Report/interview with Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and Thompson family
spokesperson, and Andy Kahan, the Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Houston Crime Stoppers - Houston, TX!

Fight to keep mother of abused girl in prison

https://www.khou.com/video/news/local/fight-to-keep-mother-of-abused-girl-in-prison/285-2a1d4f75-745a-416d-b166-51299211a499
KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX   --  Published: 10:05 PM CDT July 2, 2019

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty KWHI - Brenham, TX -- Abigail Young parole review - 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm

RE: Abigail Young parole review - 2019

Brenham, Washington County, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

KWHI, FM/AM radio station in Brenham, Washington County, TX,  had the following on their news this morning, Wednesday, 7/3/19.

Pictures included with the article!

LOCAL WOMAN UP FOR PAROLE IN DAUGHTER’S DEATH
July 3, 2019  - KWHI -- Brenham, TX

https://kwhi.com/local-woman-up-for-parole-in-daughters-death/?fbclid=IwAR3dE5hixUQPq0F_0BpPUBPbjW1iPLRNeLl9C4L3fHwlEzn9EQjDE9SutSA
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm

justanopinion wrote:Ann -TX I once again posted on my personal FB page and asked people to write and share... hopefully we can flood them with letters...
crystal ball
Thank you so very much, justanopinion!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Media Alert!

KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX will have something about Abigail Young on their 10 pm News .. . . in 6 minutes!

KBTX streams their news "Live". Here is the Link. Click on at 10 pm CDT.

https://www.kbtx.com/livestream
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX - RE: Abigail Young parole review

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 am

RE: Abigail Young parole review - 2019

Thanks to KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX, Whitney Miller - Reporter and Amanda Young Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister, for this coverage!  Great report!

This was the 'lead' story on KBTX's 10 PM News - 7/3/19.

Local mom up for parole in daughter's death; family fighting to keep her locked up
KBTX  (CBS) - Bryan, TX   --    By Whitney Miller | Posted: Wed 10:43 PM, Jul 03, 2019  |  Updated: Wed 10:53 PM, Jul 03, 2019

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Local-mom-up-for-parole-in-daughters-death-family-fighting-to-keep-her-locked-up-512205471.html?fbclid=IwAR0wdDp3DywDgXcmhQp-QJ1IYuZTh2RT0kcgI1KOMQMuCpBLS9Zi0v6wjn8
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Headline story on front page of Banner-Press - 7/4/19

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:47 pm

RE: ABIGAIL YOUNG Parole Review - 2019

As stated previously, Brenham (Washington County), TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

The Banner-Press, Brenham, TX which publishes a paper 5 days a week (at one time, it was 6 days a week) has published an article about Abigail Young being up for parole review for the fourth time.

One has to have a subscription to read the paper on-line. Therefore, I will not be able to Link.

It is a long article, informative and factual. Excellent article!

Special thanks to Natalie Ferls, News Editor, at the Banner-Press, for this article and keeping Washington County and surrounding areas informed about the status of Abigail Young.

The article is the top headline of the Banner-Press today, July 4, 2019, with the mug shot of Abigail Young. The article continues on Page 3 and they included a big picture of Emma Thompson in the field of bluebonnets.

I did a screen shot to show the front page . .. top headline!  Can not figure out how to post the SS here. .. so can not post it!

The Banner-Press - Brenham, TX
Publish Date: July 4, 2019
Subscription required

The Headline is:

Community, family fighting to keep mother of abused 4-year-old in prison
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Headline story on front page of Banner-Press - 7/4/19

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 am

For your info, here is the Link to the article the Banner-Press published about Abigail Young's parole review, etc
on Thursday, July 4, 2019.

One has to have a subscription to read the entire article.

Community, family fighting to keep mother of abused girl in prison
Banner-Press  ---  Brenham, TX   Publish Date:  July 4, 2019

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/community-family-fighting-to-keep-mother-of-abused-girl-in/article_8ce9f9e2-3008-5f36-8c81-bbc7d0502e7f.html

NOTE:
I do not know why the lines are printing the way this appears. Prior to posting, it is in alignment! ~ sigh ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole review 2019 - KWTX (CBS) Waco, TX

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:28 am

RE: ABIGAIL YOUNG parole review - 2019

KWTX (CBS) - Waco, TX 'picked up' the story which KBTX - Bryan ran on 7/3/19! KWTX (CBS) ran it yesterday, 7/4/19.

KWTX is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Waco, Texas, and serves Central Texas, including Waco, Temple and Killeen.

Texas mom up for parole in daughter's death; family fighting to keep her locked up
KWTX (CBS) - Waco, TX
By Whitney Miller |
Posted: Thu 9:02 AM, Jul 04, 2019

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Texas-mom-up-for-parole-in-daughters-death-family-fighting-to-keep-her-locked-up-512219171.html?fbclid=IwAR3pZQamHhocbDayeRZi63ohRKyNLP4hjijlklryNj2_HaIb4i92T33cSWU
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole review - Inaccurate info at some websites!

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:32 am

RE: Abigail Young - Parole Review - 2019

BEWARE OF INACCURATE REPORTING regarding Abigail Young parole review - 2019 and please do not Link to those websites

I have seen two (2) articles at two UK websites regarding Abigail Young's parole review.

A great deal of the info is inaccurate. Do NOT spread inaccurate info by posting Links to those type of "media" sites.

Please post only Links to main-stream media that has accurate info.

I know the Abigail Young/Lucas Coe cases very well. I followed the Emma Thompson case as it unfolded.

I followed the Abigail Young trial with every news article, video that was released by all of the major TV stations in Houston and beyond (ABC; CBS; NBC; FOX, etc)

I commuted ( 2 1/2 hours morning trip and 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon) in Houston, TX rush hour traffic to attend Lucas Coe's trial every day.

I saw every evidence item introduced into Evidence at trial. I heard testimony from every witness and I took a tremendous amount of notes.

I have read all of the Appeals by both Abigail Young and Lucas Coe. I followed the Appeals through the Appeal Process in the Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, TX.

I do know the Emma Thompson case extremely well. I stick to the facts!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
RE:  ABIGAIL YOUNG - Parole Review - 2019
        Emma Thompson case
 afro
Please write a letter to the Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles  (TDPP)
and request that parole be denied for Abigail Young who is currently
in parole review status.

You do not have to be a resident of  Texas or the United States to write a letter.

Certain pertinent info is required.  For your convenience,  you can copy and paste the following:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson!

Every letter is important and the TBPP board members,
who are reviewing Abigail Young for parole, are required
to read every letter.  It is Texas law!

Bumping!

If you have not written a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young, please do so immediately! Please see the above for
pertinent, required info!

Today is July 5, 2019.  I would think by the 3rd week of July, the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles will make their decision whether to grant or deny Abigail Young parole!  Just my opinion.  Last year they rendered their decision on August 1, 2018 .. .Denied!

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson!  No parole for Abigail Young means continued justice for precious barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson!  afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young DENIED Parole --- July 12, 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm

RE:   Abigail Young DENIED parole - 2019

I posted the following on my Facebook page early this afternoon, 7/12/19:

ABIGAIL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE as of July 12, 2019

I just spoke to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division.

They said the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) DENIED Abigail Young parole today (Friday), July 12, 2019.

Abigail Young will be up for parole again in 2020. The TBPP
will make their 2020 decision in July, 2020.

Anyone can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young at any time. Any letters received after today will go into Abigail Young's file and will be reviewed and read by TBPP in 2020.

Special thanks to everyone who was a voice for precious Emma Thompson and took the time to write a letter(s) opposing parole for Abigail Young. Your letter is greatly appreciated!

Your letter counted and combined with all of the letters written to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles in 2019, it was instrumental in Abigail Young being denied parole.

There are many factors the TBPP considers when reviewing an inmate (offender) for parole. The following info was provided to me by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division - Austin, TX during Abigail Young's first parole review status in 2012:

Letters opposing parole for the offender (inmate) , testimony by some of the victim's family members or certain approved official victim advocates, report from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison (where Abigail Young is housed) regarding Abigail Young, and an interview with Abigail Young.

Special thanks to the many active Child Advocates who spear-headed a letter writing campaign in their area .. . all over the United States. They reached people from all over the world. Their efforts were highly successful. There were about 25 nationwide! Active Child Advocates are noted for working together, as a team, and being successful.

Special thanks to Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services & Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX, Laurie Thompson, paternal grandmother of Emma Thompson and spokesperson for the Thompson family, for their testimony in front of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles - Austin, TX. I know your testimony had a tremendous impact with the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.

Special thanks to a member of Emma Thompson's maternal family that testified also.

~~~~~~~~

"Soar high with the angels today, precious Emma Thompson . . .   afro     Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974   

Sweet Emma, many people were your 'voice' in opposing parole for your mother, Abigail Young!"

No parole for Abigail Young means . . .

~ Continued Justice for Emma Thompson ~  

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty ABIGAIL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE - July 12, 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 pm

PAROLE DENIED for ABIGAIL YOUNG

by The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on
Friday, 7/12/19.

Snipped from my original e-mail notification from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services.
I received this via e-mail at 3:22 pm CDT on Friday, 7/12/19, after I spoke to a  representative with the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division

Snipped:

RE: Abigail Elizabeth Young

This is to notify you that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 7/12/2019 denied the release to supervision for this offender until the next review date of 7/1/2020. You will be notified when this offender is placed in the review process which will be approximately two to four months prior to the next review date.

~ End of Snip ~

For your info, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Offender Abigail Young, government website has not been updated yet.

I am hoping the reasons for denial will be included like they did in 2018.

What a wonderful Friday . .. .Parole denied for Abigail Young means continued justice for precious, barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson!

Soar high with the angels, sweet Emma!  
   Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty ABIGAIL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE - July 12, 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Special thanks to KWHI (Brenham, TX) for the following which was on their evening news and is posted on their website.

As many know, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

STATE BOARD DENIES PAROLE FOR ABIGAIL YOUNG
July 12, 2019

https://kwhi.com/state-board-denies-parole-for-abigail-young/
KWHI - Brenham, TX  - 7/12/19
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young DENIED Parole - Brenham Banner-Press . .. 7/12/19

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 pm

RE: Abigail Young denied parole

Special thanks to the Banner-Press, Brenham, TX for their publication of Abigail Young being denied parole - 7/12/19. Time was of the essence this afternoon!

You have to be a subscriber to read the Banner-Press on-line.

I do not know how long this will remain on a "free" read status.   So  .. . please read it now!

I imagine they will do an article for the publication of Saturday's newspaper (for 7/13/19).

From: The Banner-Press . . . Brenham, TX . . . July 12, 2019

Young denied parole

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/young-denied-parole/article_79161971-88ec-5036-8735-6f071ff5d635.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Official reasons why Abigail Young was denied parole in 2019

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:52 am

RE: ABIGIAL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE on 7/12/19

Official reasons why Abigail Young was denied
parole by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.

On 7/12/19, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied Abigail Young parole.

Abigail Young has officially been removed from 'parole review' status.

The following are the official reasons why the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied Abigail Young parole:

Parole Review Information
Name: SID Number: TDCJ Number:
YOUNG,ABIGAIL ELIZABETH 08428403 01668233

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

The offender is currently not in the review process.

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 07/12/2019

DMS (07/2020)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

9D1 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S ACCRUED GOOD CONDUCT TIME IS NOT AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE OFFENDER'S POTENTIAL FOR REHABILITATION.

9D2 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S RELEASE WOULD ENDANGER THE PUBLIC.

Next Parole Review Date

07/2020

Source:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Offender Search - Abigail Young
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG%2CABIGAIL+ELIZABETH

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Emma Thompson - Soar high with the angels!

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:58 am

"Soar high with the angels, precious Emma Thompson . . .  

Sweet Emma, many people from all over the world, were your 'voice' in opposing parole for your mother, Abigail Young!"
  afro    Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty ABIGAIL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE - 7/12/19 -- Brenham Banner-Press

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:07 am

RE:  Abigail Young denied parole - 7/12/19

The Banner-Press, Brenham TX has a front page article in their newspaper which was published today (Saturday, 7/13/19) for Sunday, July 14, 2019.

The Banner-Press requires a subscription to read their newspaper on-line.  I won't be able to Link.

The headline is: "Young denied parole"

As many of you know, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young denied parole 7/12/19 - KWBC (FM/AM)

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:07 am

RE: Abigail Young parole denied parole
on 7/12/19

KWBC - 98.7 FM/1550 AM
Navasota, (Grimes County), TX

Navasota is in Grimes County, adjacent to Washington County, TX.

Brenham, TX, in Washington County, is Abigail Young's hometown!

Thanks to "Willy AM/FM."

"Brenham native denied parole for involvement in 2009 death"
July 15, 2019
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole denied 2019 - Reasons why - KWHI - Brenham, TX

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 am

RE: Abigail Young parole denied
on 7/12/19
Reasons why . . .

KWHI (AM/FM) - Brenham, TX
July 15, 2019

As many know, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

KWHI has consistently covered the Emma Thompson case as it unfolded in 2009, the separate trials of Abigail Young and her live-in boyfriend in 2010, Lucas Coe (who was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole in 2010), the Appeals by Abigail Young and Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's parole reviews and denials, HB 431 which became Emma's Law when TX Governor Rick Perry signed it into law on 6/14/13, etc.

Special thanks to KWHI! It is always a pleasure to communicate with KWHI's News Director and staff. True professionals in their field!

The following article was on their radio news yesterday and is now on their website!

STATE BOARD DETAILS REASONING FOR DENYING ABIGAIL YOUNG PAROLE
KWHI - Brenham, TX   -  July 15, 2019

https://kwhi.com/state-board-details-reasoning-for-denying-abigail-young-parole/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole denied 2019 - KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 am

RE: Abigail Young parole denied - 7/12/19

"Parole denied for mother who failed to protect 4-year-old daughter from abuse"

Abigail Young will remain in a state prison for at least another year.

Published: 6:43 PM CDT July 18, 2019
Updated: 6:43 PM CDT July 18, 2019

HOUSTON — Editor's note: The above video first aired on July 2, 2019.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/parole-denied-for-mother-who-failed-to-protect-4-year-old-daughter-from-abuse/285-dfdd06e6-082a-4dc5-aba8-d0ea3f46858b
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young Parole Review - 2020

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:20 am

URGENT!  - 2020

ABIGAIL YOUNG - Up for parole review after serving only 10 years
of a 20 year sentence!

As of 3/3/2020, ABIGAIL YOUNG  is up for 2020 parole review by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice -
Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles  (TBPP).

Serving almost 10 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable and it is not justice for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death
of Abigail Young's barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson!

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles

You do NOT have to be a Texas resident and you do NOT have to be a citizen of the United States.  Any one from all over the world
can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Your letter can be as simple as "Please deny parole for Abigail Young" or it can be as detailed as you choose to write it.

The many letters that have been written during past parole reviews for Abigail Young were instrumental in Abigail Young's parole
being denied! Other factors are considered but the letters were very instrumental in her parole being denied.  

Every letter must have Abigail Young's full name, and Department of Criminal Justice and State ID numbers (inmate number).  

It is imperative and critical that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles receive many letters requesting that they deny Abigail Young
parole. Serving 10 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable! 

During past parole reviews, people from all over the world wrote letters to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP)
and were a voice for precious Emma Thompson.  Your letter is important and it will be read by every member of the TBPP.
They are required to read every letter.

Every letter must have Abigail Young's full name, and Department of Criminal Justice and State ID numbers (inmate number).    If it does not, it will not be forwarded to Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.

You can copy and paste the following:

To:  Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles

RE:  YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

Please e-mail or FAX your letter to the following:

E-mail:

FAX:  512-452-0825

Please write your letter opposing parole for Abigail Young as soon as possible.

Thank you for being a voice for precious barely 4-years-old Emma Thompson!

~~~~~~~

For your info:

Last year, 2019, Abigail Young was denied parole by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles for the following reasons:

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 07/12/2019

DMS (07/2020)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young parole review - Required pertinent info

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:22 am

Required info for Abigail Young parole opposition letters - 2020

You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas or the United States to write a letter

Certain pertinent info is required in your letter.
For your convenience,  you can copy and paste the following:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson by writing a letter to the Texas
Department of Pardons and Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young!

No parole for Abigail Young is continued justice for precious Emma Thompson.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young DENIED parole - June 11, 2020

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:36 pm

ABIGAIL YOUNG is denied parole by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles today, 6/11/2020!

Special thanks to everyone who wrote to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles and opposed parole
for Abigail Young during her 2020 'Parole Review' process.

You are a 'voice' for precious Emma Thompson!

Justice for precious EMMA THOMPSON prevails!   afro

Soar high with the angels, sweet Emma!    afro

~~~~~

I received an e-mail notification today, 6/11/2020.

Snipped:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH , SID #: 08428403, TDCJ #: 01668233. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Victim Services Division (VSD) . . . . .

This is to notify you that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 6/11/2020 denied the release to supervision for this offender until the next review date of 6/1/2021. You will be notified when this offender is placed in the review process which will be approximately two to four months prior to the next review date.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Cool Cool Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Official reasons why A. Young denied parole in 2020

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:20 pm

ABIGAIL YOUNG - Reasons for parole denial - 2020

Abigail Young was denied parole on 6/11/2020 for the following reasons as indicated on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice site.
~~~~~~~~

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 06/11/2020

DMS (06/2021)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 2D, 9D1, 9D2

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF
OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

Next Parole Review Date

06/2021

SOURCE:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Offender Search
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/offenderDetail.action?sid=08428403
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty EMMA THOMPSON - 11 years ago - - - Heaven got a precious angel!

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 am

JUNE 27, 2020 .. . ..

In loving memory of precious Emma Thompson . .. .

Eleven years ago . . . Heaven got a precious little angel!    
Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten!

Soar with the angels, precious Emma!       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974  

afro    March 29, 2005 ~ ~ ~ June 27, 2009     afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 803492
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Ann - Tx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Parole Review 2021

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:36 pm

URGENT!  - 2021

ABIGAIL YOUNG - Up for parole review again
after serving almost 10 1/2 years (as of 2/2/21)
of a 20 year sentence!

Effective 2/2/21, Abigail Young is up for parole review!

Please be a voice for precious, barely 4 year old Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Your letter can be as simple as:  please deny parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young or as detailed as you choose to write it.

You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas or the United States to write a letter

In the past, people from all over the world wrote letters opposing parole for Abigail Young.  

It is imperative and critical that the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) receive many letters
requesting that they deny Abigail Young parole.

Please write your letter as soon as possible!

Every letter will be read by those members of the TBPP who are reviewing Abigail Young and your letter is very important!
It is Texas law that all letters be read.

Certain pertinent info is required in your letter.  All letters must contain the following info and for your convenience,
you can copy and paste it.

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

By writing a letter to the Texas Department of Pardons and Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young,
you are a voice for precious Emma Thompson!    

No parole for Abigail Young is continued justice for precious Emma Thompson.

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson!   afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Parole Review 2021

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:05 am

ABIGAIL YOUNG parole review - 2021

EMMA THOMPSON - daughter of Abigail Young and deceased victim - brutal, horrific rape and beaten to death at the age of 4 years old!

Excellent report by Mycah Hatfield - Reporter with KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX!     Put together very well, Mycah!

Special thanks to Mycah Hatfield for this important coverage re Abigail Young's parole review!

This is the segment that appeared on KTRK (ABC)  News at 5 p.m.; 6 p.m. ; and 10 p.m. on Tuesday, 3/23/21.

The entire emotional interview with Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, is also embedded within the article.  It is over 38 minutes.  

Excellent interview with Laurie and most informative!

Snipped:

SPRING, Texas (KTRK) -- Year after year, the father and paternal grandparents of a 4-year-old killed by her mother's boyfriend are forced to relive the horrendous details.
Emma Thompson died in Spring in June 2009. Investigators said at the time of her death, Emma had a skull fracture, more than 80 bruises, cuts on her head, evidence of blunt force trauma to her abdomen and a severed pancreas. The medical examiner also found evidence of sexual assault.

Snipped:

Emma's mother's boyfriend, Lucas Coe, was sentenced to life without parole for the preschooler's death.
Her mother, Abigail Young, was found guilty of reckless endangerment of a child by omission for concealing what was happening to her child from family, doctors and CPS.
"She delayed taking Emma's lifeless body out to her car," Thompson said. "She bleached the tub, the faucets, the drains, the walls, the doors. She washed Emma's body."

~ ~ ~ END of Snips ~ ~ ~

"Mother convicted in brutal death of 4-year-old daughter up for parole again"
https://abc13.com/mother-convicted-in-brutal-death-of-4-year-old-up-for-parole-again/10443796/?fbclid=IwAR2VmNiZcoBAV8ur_LonnPpehrXoWCeV_9sV51yX6Iw9hJOIlIPsw_kdbnA
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young - Parole Review 2021- Interview with Laurie Thompson

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:21 am

ABIGAIL YOUNG PAROLE - 2021

Emma Thompson barely 4-years-old - brutally raped and beaten to death

Excellent interview with Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and family spokesperson!  

It is 38 minutes 23 seconds and it will certainly keep your interest.  Laurie , you did an amazing job in being a voice for your precious, sweet Emma Thompson.

Today (Tuesday, 3/23/21)  on KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX, Laurie Thompson was interviewed regarding her precious barely 4-year-old granddaughter, Emma Thompson.

The full interview is below.  Snippets of the interview was on KTRK (ABC)'s 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. News today.

Great interview by Laurie Thompson!

In 2009, Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death . ..  brutal rape and murder (beat to death) by her mother's (Abigail Young) boyfriend at the time, Lucas R. Coe.

Abigail Young, the mother of Emma Thompson, was sentenced to 20 years in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison.

Abigail Young has served only 10 1/2 years of her 20 year sentence.  She has been in parole review status since February, 2021.

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

You do not have to be a USA resident; certainly not a Texas resident.  In the past, people from all over the world wrote letters opposing parole for Abigail Young!
Your letter can be as simple as saying, "I oppose parole for Abigail Young." Or .. . as detailed as you choose to write it.

By Texas law, all letters must be read by the members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) who are reviewing Abigail Young for possible parole.

Abigail Young is a danger to society!  She needs to serve every day of her 20 year sentence!  

Certain pertinent info is required in your letter. All letters MUST contain the following info and for your convenience, you can copy and paste it.

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

OR .. . you can FAX your letter to: (512) 452-0825

Thank you for being a voice for precious Emma Thompson!

PAROLE DENIAL  for Abigail Young by TBPP is continued justice for her barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson.

~ ~ ~  Justice for Emma Thompson ~ ~ ~  I love you  

Thanks, in advance, for writing a parole opposition letter re Abigail Young and being a voice for precious Emma Thompson!  I love you  

Please SHARE to your Timeline!  Thanks! (Interview: 38:23)

Family wants mom convicted in 4-year-old's death to remain in jail
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:23PM - KTRK(ABC) - Houston, TX

https://abc13.com/family-wants-mom-convicted-in-4-year-olds-death-to-remain-in-jail/10443906/?fbclid=IwAR1-uaVryTESBdEsGa7LJrigaFF2rktMAki3RoICNQmUY-XWHOSQ4H5Nswk
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young denied parole on 5/27/21

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:58 pm

I have not been able to sign on at Reality Chatter.  This should have been posted months ago!

The following info is copy and pasted from the source. All Caps info is as it appears on the TDCJ website.

Abigail Elizabeth Young denied parole, on 5/27/21, for the following reasons:

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 05/27/2021

DMS (05/2022)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE
- THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

Next Parole Review Date

05/2022

Source:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Offender Information
Abigail Elizabeth Young

https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG,ABIGAIL+ELIZABETH
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young Parole Denied 5/27/21

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:05 pm

STATE BOARD DENIES PAROLE AGAIN FOR ABIGAIL YOUNG

KWHI - Brenham, TX   Initial article date:  5/27/21  Update:  5/28/21

Parole has once again been denied for a Brenham woman convicted in the death of her four-year-old daughter.

This (Thursday) morning, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied the early release of Abigail Young, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for Injury to a Child by Omission after the death of Emma Thompson in 2009.

Young was found guilty in 2010 along with her boyfriend, Lucas Coe, who is serving a life sentence.

Read more:

https://kwhi.com/2021/05/27/state-board-denies-parole-again-for-abigail-young/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Elizabeth Young - Parole Review Status - 2022

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm

ABIGAIL ELIZABETH YOUNG - in parole review status - 1/4/2022

As of January 4, 2022, Abigail  Elizabeth Young is in parole review status per the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) -  Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles  (TBPP).

She has served almost 11 1/2 years of a 20 year sentence.

Serving a little over half of her sentence is NOT justice for barely 4 year old Emma Thompson, Young's child,  who was brutally raped and beaten to death by Young's live in lover/boyfriend, Lucas Coe,  on June 27, 2009.

Serving almost 11 1/2 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable and it is not justice for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of Abigail Elizabeth Young's barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson!

Emma was pronounced dead at a hospital in The Woodlands, TX on 6/27/09.  Per trial testimony in a State District Court - Houston, Harris County, TX, it was the day that Lucas Coe sexually abused, raped and beat barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson to death.

In September,  2010, Abigail Elizabeth Young's live-in boyfriend/lover, Lucas Coe, was found guilty and he is serving "Life without the possibility of parole" at a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison in the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of precious Emma Thompson.

Abigail Elizabeth Young, a well educated Registered Nurse at the time of Emma Thompson's death, did nothing to protect her precious daughter, Emma Thompson (per trial testimony).

For your info, on 7-12-10, Abigail Elizabeth Young was found guilty of causing injury to a child by omission, but the jury found that she did so recklessly rather than knowingly and intentionally. Unfortunately, it was the lesser charge. Had it been knowingly and intentionally, Young could have been sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole.  

It is imperative that Abigail Elizabeth Young is not granted parole in 2022!     Serving about 11 1/2 years for the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of her precious daughter, Emma Thompson, who was barely 4-years-old is unacceptable and it is NOT justice for Emma!  Abigail Elizabeth Young should serve all 20 years!

Please be a voice for barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson!  Please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) and request that they deny parole for Abigail   Elizabeth Young.

You do NOT have to be a citizen of Texas or the United States to write a letter and oppose parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young.

In the past when Abigail Elizabeth Young was up for parole review, supporters from all over the world for "Justice for Emma Thompson" chose to be a voice for little, precious Emma Thompson.  They wrote letters to the TBPP and asked that parole be denied for Abigail Young.

Every letter has to be read by the TBPP board members who are reviewing Abigail  Elizabeth Young for parole.

Your letter is important and it will be read by every TBPP member who is reviewing Abigail Elizabeth Young for parole in 2022.  

The many letters that have been written during past parole reviews for Abigail Elizabeth Young were instrumental in Young's parole being denied! Other factors are considered but the letters were very instrumental in her parole being denied.

Your letter can be as detailed as you choose to write it or as simple as, "I oppose parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young."

For your info, the following are the reasons why TDPP denied Young parole in 2021:

Last Parole Decision:

Denied on 05/27/2021

DMS (05/2022)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Source:  https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inma.../reviewDetail.action...
Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Abigail Elizabeth Young

Abigail Elizabeth Young's full name and  Texas Department of Criminal Justice ID numbers must be included in your letter.  

For your convenience, you can copy and paste the following info:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH

Or you can fax your letter to:

FAX: 512-452-0825

Thank you in advance, for being a voice for Emma Thompson afro Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974 by writing a letter opposing parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Ann - Tx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young Denied Parole on 4/4/2022

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:37 pm

Abigail Elizabeth Young denied parole on 4/4/22!

ABIGAIL YOUNG DENIED PAROLE

April 6, 2022

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Abigail-Young-mug-shot

Parole has once again been denied for a Brenham woman convicted in the death of her four-year-old daughter.

Monday, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied the early release of Abigail Young, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for Injury to a Child by Omission after the death of Emma Thompson in 2009. Young was found guilty in 2010 along with her boyfriend, Lucas Coe, who is serving a life sentence.

Read more:

https://kwhi.com/2022/04/06/abigale-young-denied-parole/
KWHI - Brenham, TX  -- 4/6/2022

NOTE:
 The above picture used by KWHI in their article is Abigail Young's mugshot when she was booked into the Harris County Jail - Houston, TX in 2009.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Emma-Thompson-02

REASONS WHY ABIGAIL YOUNG WAS DENIED PAROLE:

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 04/04/2022

DMS (04/2023)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Next Parole Review Date

04/2023

Source:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice
https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/InmateSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG%2CABIGAIL+ELIZABETH

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young denied parole - Brenham Banner Press (April, 2022)

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:42 pm

There was an article in the Brenham Banner Press - Brenham, TX (newspaper) about Abigail Elizabeth Young being denied parole on 4/4/2022.  It is a great article!

One has to have a subscription to read the article online.  I am unable to  copy and paste it here (post it) due to copyright laws.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young denied parole on 4/4/2022

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:48 pm

The following is info from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. It indicates the reasons why Abigail Young was denied parole.

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 04/04/2022

DMS (04/2023)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Next Parole Review Date

04/2023

Source:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice
https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/InmateSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG%2CABIGAIL+ELIZABETH

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Abigail Young denied parole on 3/23/23

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:39 am

In December, 2022, Abigail Young became eligible for parole review . . . again.

There were many letters written, from all over the world, to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young.

Most recently (in March, 2023), Laurie Thompson, paternal grandmother of Emma Thompson; Amanda Young Mathew, sister of Abigail Young and Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and others, who requested their name not be mentioned, testified and opposed parole in front of the members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles in Austin, TX.

On Thursday, 3/23/23, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied Abigail Elizabeth Young parole.

Abigail Elizabeth Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison.  In September, 2023, Young will have served 13 years of her 20 year sentence.

The following are the reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole,  Note:  The all caps appear on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website.

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 03/23/2023

DMS (03/2024)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Next Parole Review Date

03/2024

Source:

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice  --  Abigail Elizabeth Young - Inmate
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Emma Thompson's 18th Birthday in Heaven!

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:04 am

Happy Birthday in Heaven, precious Emma Thompson!    💕🎈🎊🎉

On March 29, 2023, you would be 18 years old.   afro

At the age of 4, you flew up to Heaven in the arms of an angel on June 27, 2009!

~~~ Emma Thompson . . . Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten ~~~   Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:15 pm

PAROLE DENIED - Abigail Elizabeth Young  --  4/5/2024

On 11/7/23, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice began processing Abigail Elizabeth Young's case for review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.  The purpose of this review is for the Board to decide whether to release the offender, Abigail Elizabeth Young, to supervision (parole).

Today, April 5, 2024, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) denied parole for Young!  When the Texas Department of Criminal Justice indicates the reasons Young was denied parole, I will post them on this thread.  

A special thank you to everyone who wrote a letter to TBPP and requested parole be denied for Young.  You are a voice for Emma Thompson!  Your letter is greatly appreciated and it is read by members of TBPP who reviewed Young.

In 2010, Abigail Elizabeth Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison and she should serve all 20 years!  She will have served 14 years in prison this year.  No parole for Young is continued justice for her daughter, barely 4 years old Emma Thompson.

Justice for precious Emma Thompson continues!    afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm

Reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole on 4/5/24 by the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole:

The following are the reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole.   Note:  The all caps appear on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website.

Name:  SID Number:  TDCJ Number:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH   08428403    01668233

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 04/05/2024

DMS (04/2025)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Next Parole Review Date

04/2025

Source:  Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Inmate: Young, Abigail Elizabeth

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:06 pm

A belated birthday to precious Emma Thompson . . .

On Friday, March 29, 2024, you would have been 19 years old!   sucker   afro  

Happy Birthday in Heaven, precious Emma Thompson!
  💕🎈🎊🎉

At the age of 4, you flew up to Heaven in the arms of an angel on June 27, 2009!

~~~ Emma Thompson . . . Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten ~~~  
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4