Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final

4 posters

Go down

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final Empty Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 am

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final

By SCOTT SUNDE AND LEVI PULKKINEN, SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF
Updated 2:39 pm, Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Redmond man, described in court documents as both an addict and drug dealer, is accused of trying to kill his 4-year-son with heroin on the day his divorce was supposed to be finalized.

The man's soon-to-be ex-wife found Eric Emil Lehtinen, 37, and their son on a bed in a locked Redmond house on Tuesday. They were unconscious.

The woman removed a blanket from the little boy to find a syringe apparently filled with drugs on his chest, court documents say. Firefighters arrived and despite their efforts neither the father nor child was responsiive. The boy was taken to Seattle Children's and his father to a local hospital,

Lehtinen is out of the hospital and in jail. He has been charged with attempted murder in the first degree. Prosecutors successfully argued that his bail be set at $3 million.

Read more:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Charge-Dad-tried-to-kill-son-4-with-heroin-on-4852931.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final Empty Re: Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 am

Addict dad tries to kill son, 4, with shot of heroin: cops

Eric Emil Lehtinen's estranged wife found him and their son unconscious from an overdose in his Redmond, Wash., home — and the boy had a needle stuck in his chest. Doctors found heroin, ketamine, codeine and other drugs in the boy's system.

BY PHILIP CAULFIELD / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:52 AM
Updated: Monday, September 30, 2013, 1:09 PM

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final Father1n-3-web

Eric Emil Lehtinen's home in Redmond, Wash. Cops say the 37-year-old tried to kill himself and his son with injections of heroin.  Q13FOX

A strung-out Washington state dad tried to kill himself and his 4-year-old son with a serious dose of heroin on the day his divorce from the boy's mother was to be official, cops said.

Eric Emil Lehtinen's estranged wife discovered the 37-year-old and their son unconscious together on a bed in Lehtinen's Redmond home on Tuesday, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported.

~Snipped~

Their divorce was set to be final on the day the overdosed pair was discovered.

The mother and the boy were living in San Francisco and had traveled to Washington because she had a job interview.

The woman told police she'd agreed to let the boy stay with Lehtinen after he told her he was clean and didn't appear to be using.

Neighbors said they knew the man in the ramshackle, two-story home had problems.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dad-kill-son-4-lethal-shot-heroin-article-1.1471644
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final Empty Re: Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:38 am

Prosecutor: Dad wanted ex-wife to find him, son injected with heroin

BY Jamie Skorheim on September 30, 2013 @ 11:45 am (Updated: 1:03 pm - 9/30/13 )

The Redmond man accused of injecting his 4-year-old son with heroin has been charged with attempted first-degree murder in a crime prosecutors believe was carried out to get back at a spouse in a bitter divorce.

"It's a case of both child abuse and domestic violence," King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg tells KIRO Radio's Dori Monson. "Our theory is that he did this so that his ex-wife would find the boy and the father together because she was scheduled to come pick him up, and that is exactly what happened."

~Snipped~

Medical staff at the hospital found puncture wounds on the 4-year-old's neck and buttocks, indicating needle sticks, court documents say. The hospital reportedly found evidence of not only heroin in his blood, but also ketamine, morphine, codeine, and other drugs.

"He punctured his son's neck with a full syringe," says Satterberg. "There were seven of them [syringes] found in the apartment, but at least one of them was emptied into the neck and buttocks of this 4-year-old child."

"I've been a prosecutor for almost 30 years now and every time you think you've seen it all, you haven't," says Satterberg of the shocking case.

Read more:

http://mynorthwest.com/76/2365062/Prosecutor-Dad-wanted-exwife-to-find-him-son-injected-with-heroin
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 am

Alessandra thank you for posting this Charge: Dad tried to kill son, 4, with heroin on day divorce final 803492 ...even though it makes me want to barf 

I wish that somehow these people could be identified before they commit such horrendous acts. This mother was obviously attempting to better her life for her child and herself she just took the wrong route to get there... She must have so much guilt. I truly pray that there are no residual effects of the overdose on this child. I would truly have difficulty treating this man based on his action.. even with my resolve to do no harm... I would be torn. I have had to separate my personal beliefs in the past from professional as I worked with Pedophiles and individuals who committed crimes and were declared "not criminally responsible" so I on some level comprehend that it is a sickness. But that POS will have the argument that he had a drug induced psychosis.. but since it is my belief that he chose to take the drugs he therefore is responsible for his actions. I hope that they throw the book at him. JMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:39 am

Lehtinen trial continued to July 9

May 5, 2015 at 3:34PM

Eric Emil Lehtinen, a Redmond man who is accused of injecting his son with heroin, had his May 15 trial continued to July 9, according to a press secretary for the King County Prosecuting Attorney Office.

Read more:  http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/302654281.html#

-----

Moving thread from Developing Stories to Awaiting Trial.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:01 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Prosecutor: Dad wanted ex-wife to find him, son injected with heroin

BY Jamie Skorheim  on September 30, 2013 @ 11:45 am (Updated: 1:03 pm - 9/30/13 )

The Redmond man accused of injecting his 4-year-old son with heroin has been charged with attempted first-degree murder in a crime prosecutors believe was carried out to get back at a spouse in a bitter divorce.

"It's a case of both child abuse and domestic violence," King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg tells KIRO Radio's Dori Monson. "Our theory is that he did this so that his ex-wife would find the boy and the father together because she was scheduled to come pick him up, and that is exactly what happened."

~Snipped~

Medical staff at the hospital found puncture wounds on the 4-year-old's neck and buttocks, indicating needle sticks, court documents say. The hospital reportedly found evidence of not only heroin in his blood, but also ketamine, morphine, codeine, and other drugs.

"He punctured his son's neck with a full syringe," says Satterberg. "There were seven of them [syringes] found in the apartment, but at least one of them was emptied into the neck and buttocks of this 4-year-old child."

"I've been a prosecutor for almost 30 years now and every time you think you've seen it all, you haven't," says Satterberg of the shocking case.

Read more:

http://mynorthwest.com/76/2365062/Prosecutor-Dad-wanted-exwife-to-find-him-son-injected-with-heroin

"....
Medical staff at the hospital found puncture wounds on the 4-year-old's neck and buttocks, indicating needle sticks, court documents say. The hospital reportedly found evidence of not only heroin in his blood, but also ketamine, morphine, codeine, and other drugs....."

Ketamine. It is known on the street as Special K. It is currently used in veterinarian practice for animal sedation. In Russia, it is used for alcoholic detoxification. It was pulled from the market for human use shortly after 1982. At that time, it was used for human sedation. I had been administered the drug for a C-section. Blood pressure dropped to 25/0.... and I went out of body to watch the surgery. Then I went down that tunnel...Yep. Been there and done that. When I later told the doctor and asked him to verify the info I had with my medical reports, he sat there shaking his head and repeatedly stating, "No. No. No..." Then we talked as I was pregnant again and scared they would not get me back if they ever put me under.He informed me that the druug had been pulled from the US medical market for human use.

Because of this, I would NEVER allow even my pets to be administered the drug.
God knows what that child suffered... it had to have been pure torture.

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down