Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted

3 posters

Go down

89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted Empty 89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted

Post by eva Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted

By Kevin Connor ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 01:14 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 02:02 PM EDT

Canadian census. (BOB TYMCZYSZYN/QMI AGENCY)

TORONTO - An 89-year peace activist charged with refusing to fill out the 2011 census was acquitted Wednesday of violating the Statistics Act.

Audrey Tobias said she refused to complete the census form because it was being processed by U.S. military contractor Lockheed Martin.

Judge Ramez Khawly said he came to his decision because Tobias’ power of recollection are of concern and a conviction based on her evidence would be dangerous.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/09/census-protester-audrey-tobias-acquitted

eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted Empty See a photo of 89 year old Peace Activist

Post by eva Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/census-protester-audrey-tobias-acquitted-of-not-filing-form-1.1930998
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted Empty Re: 89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I love her spunk!
Courage of her convictions...

In the Old Testament of the Bible:
God became angry with one of the Jewish leaders who had ordered a census.
God said the only reason for a census was to count the number of men available for fighting a war.
God forbade the taking of a census.

Here in the USA, we are told a census is needed to "determine" how many elected officials per district....
What do you believe?
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted Empty Re: 89 Year old Census protester Audrey Tobias acquitted

Post by eva Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Freckles I love her spunk too!!!!!!!!!!

What do I believe about the census? I think it is one part Big Brother is Watching You and I think it is another part trying to determine where to allocate public funds................ I dunno........ I worked in government for many many years. I can tell you, on some levels they are just too disorganized to get it together..................

What do you believe?
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:34 am

Moving from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down