Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison

+14
Estee
JAG
khintx
Dis
Michelle
mimi4all
Booklover
sitemama
IndyNile
Piper
babbette
Snaz
Justice4all
FystyAngel
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison - Page 3 Empty Re: Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison

Post by Justice4all Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't care if the monster quit having sex with her 12 years ago or if they acted as a family. It doesn't make what Garrido did any less of a crime and he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In my opinion, the only reason Jaycee bonded with him was because she was suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison - Page 3 Empty Re: Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison

Post by Dis Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Ditto to J4A's post! Are these public defenders effing kidding us? What difference does it make? She definitely had Stockholms!!!! And what pray tell decisions do those monsters need to discuss? Does he have rights? How can you have a right over someone born from a rape? I hope not, that is DIS-gusting!!!!
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:46 am

The Garido's acted as parents??? They acted in concert to abduct Jaycee for sexual purposes. The father of Jaycee's children should be entitled to NO rights, he raped the girl who bore his children. He kept her as prisoner, and probably the only reason Jaycee lived is that she became whatever he wanted of her. Nancy Garrido deserves the same punishment as Phillip.
i cannot comprehend how she could have aided and abetted her evil husband. It takes a lot of nerve for them to plead "not guilty". This is such an outrageous case for the media to follow, and I feel so sorry for Jaycee and her daughters.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 am

Jaycee Dugard and family relocated to East Bay safe house

By Jeanine Benca and Caterina Mellinger
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 02/05/2010 07:07:22 PM PST
Updated: 02/06/2010 06:50:33 AM PST

Kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard and her children have relocated to a safe, private location in a rural part of the East Bay, within driving distance of the house near Antioch where Dugard was kept most of her life, according to sources who have been helping the family.

For the past four months, donations from East Bay Fellowship — a Danville church whose leaders have a background helping victims of human trafficking — have been used to pay the rent on Dugard's new home, said East Bay Fellowship Associate Pastor Mari Hanes.

Though the church has offered to pay rent for a year, the family is in dire need of financial support, Hanes said Friday.

In California, the most any abduction victim ever receives in financial aid from the state is $2,000, she said.

Media attention does not always translate into money for the victim, either.

"People think once your name is out there you get paid — but unless you have (attorneys) to broker a deal for you, that's really not the case," Hanes said.

In October, Dugard — who was kidnapped in 1991 in South Lake Tahoe and found alive in August at the home of suspected kidnapper Phillip Garrido — appeared in People Magazine as part of a story about the case.

The publicity gave many the false impression that she had profited substantially from the story, Hanes said.

The family received some money for interviews, but it was not enough to pay for housing Jaycee and her two girls, or the long-term counseling they need to recover, Hanes said.

She said a church member, a police officer who has been counseling the Dugards, first told her about their financial situation.

"(The church member) just said 'Let's be praying for them. It's as bad a situation as we've seen,' " Hanes said.

A fund was started to help pay the $2,500 monthly rent for the home chosen by law enforcement for its location away from the public eye.

About $13,000 worth of cash and furniture has been collected, Hanes said. Church members also donated jewelry, which is being sold at an Alamo jewelry store to benefit the family.

"We are happy to be able to help out for such a good cause," said Mark Kahn, owner of Mark Kahn Jewelers. You can't help but feel for these girls and what they have gone through."

Kahn is also donating a portion of the proceeds from his store's inventory.

Before coming to Danville last year, Hanes and her husband, Pastor Cliff Hanes, led churches in Oregon and England.

Hanes, with a social work background, says she also worked with agencies in Washington and Oregon assisting of human trafficking victims.

At some point Dugard likely will pursue a book deal, but counselors say that is probably a year or more off. Until then, the family needs all the help it can get, Hanes said.

To donate to the fund for the Dugards, call the church at 925-736-5100. For information on the jewelry sale, call 925-837-3262.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_14344736?nclick_check=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Since both Phillip and Nancy Garrido will never again be free to prey to commit more predatory acts, I believe that the property and business they owned should be awarded to Jaycee as compensation, and for future child support payments for P. Garrido's two daughters. The assets the Garrido's owned should not be used to pay for the Garrido's defense.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Cali, I agree that the Garrido's assets should be paid to Jaycee as compensation for her ordeal all those years, plus support for her two daughters. It is an insult that an abduction victim only gets $2,000 worth of financial aid from the state. I wonder why law enforcement chose a home for her that costs $2,500 a month when they knew how little help she would receive from the state.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Trust for Jaycee Dugard continuing to receive donations

Contra Costa Times
Posted: 02/08/2010 04:10:12 PM PST
Updated: 02/08/2010 04:10:33 PM PST

A story Saturday about a need for contributions to a trust for living expenses and counseling needs for kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard and her family has prompted more donations said Mari Hanes, associate pastor of East Bay Fellowship.

The Danville church has pledged a year's rent money for the family and is also raising money through a sale of donated fine jewelry at Mark Kahn Jewlers in Alamo.

Money donations should be sent to: Jaycee Dugard Trust, PO Box 596,

Atwood, CA 92811. For more information about the jewelry sale, call the store at 925-837-3262.

— Kelly Gust

http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime-courts/ci_14359992
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm glad that there are plenty of caring people who are donating to Jaycee. She deserves all the help she can get after being held prisoner for 18 years.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 am

That is wonderful J4A... This family wud need all the support it can get.. Also, I am thinking that any assets that Belonged to P.G should be frozen .. Iassume he has put them up for his legal bills, but hopefully a Certificate of Lis Pendance can be put on the prop by Jaycees lawyer so that no property transaction can be done, without a courts ruling on entitlement

Also because of his 2 kids they wud have dibbs on the prop too....??

Lastly, I wud hope that the government will take care of this family and all their counselling needs for as long as necessary... Its really the least that can be done for them...

Im also thinking there will be some kind of lawsuit against LE as there were several complaints filed with LE about "ppl living in the bakyard " I wudnt be surprised if they are offered some kind of settlement as clearly it wasnt thoroughly checked...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Dugard diary shows conflicted emotion on captivity

Story Published: Feb 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM PST
By LISA LEFF Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Jaycee Dugard, the Northern California woman who was kidnapped as a child and held prisoner for 18 years, kept a diary in which she wrote of longing for freedom and feeling both emotionally trapped and protective of the man charged with raping her, court documents filed Thursday show.

"It feels like I'm sinking. ... this is supposed to be my life to do with what I like ... but once again he has taken it away," Dugard wrote in an entry dated July 5, 2004, almost five years before she surfaced last summer with the two daughters fathered by her alleged captor Phillip Garrido.

"How many times is he allowed to take it away from me?" she wrote. "I am afraid he doesn't see how the things he says makes me a prisoner."

El Dorado County prosecutors quoted three portions of Dugard's diary in the court papers seeking a protective order barring Garrido and his wife Nancy from trying to contact Dugard or her children, now 12 and 15.

The motion came in response to papers filed last week by the Garridos' defense lawyers trying to force prosecutors to tell them where Dugard is living and if she has a lawyer. A hearing is set for Feb. 26.

District Attorney Vern Pierson said Dugard's writings show that Phillip Garrido controlled her in the past and was trying to exert continued psychological pressure on her from jail.

Dugard, now 29, has "emphatically stated to our office that she does not want any contact with the defendants or their attorneys," Pierson said in the documents. "The people ask this court to protect Ms. Doe and to, once and for all, put an end to the defendant's manipulation."

The papers referred to Dugard as "Jane Doe" because she was 11 when she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted.

The documents also reveal new details about Dugard's captivity, saying she was kept in a building in a hidden compound inside the backyard of the Garridos' Antioch home for the first 18 months after her abduction then prohibited from leaving the yard for the first four years.

In another diary entry, dated more than two years after Dugard was snatched from the street outside her South Lake Tahoe home, Dugard wrote, "I got (a cat) for my birthday from Phil and Nancy ... they did something for me that no one else would do for me, they paid 200 dollars just so I could have my own kitten."

A decade later, however, Dugard wrote of the complex emotions surrounding her situation and Phillip Garrido.

"I don't want to hurt him ... sometimes I think my very presence hurts him," she wrote. "So how can I ever tell him how I want to be free. Free to come and go as I please ... Free to say I have a family. I will never cause him pain if it's in my power to prevent it. FREE."

In the court filing, Pierson said Dugard and the two daughters she had by Garrido when she was 14 and 17 had been instructed by the Garridos to run to the hidden backyard if anyone ever came to the door.

He also described a plan that Phillip Garrido allegedly hatched to stay in contact with Dugard if he was ever arrested. Dugard told prosecutors Garrido instructed her to request an attorney who could communicate directly with his "without law enforcement knowledge," the papers state.

Since Garrido's arrest, he has tried repeatedly to put the plan into action, Pierson said.

On the day he was arrested and Dugard's identity was revealed, Garrido advised her to get a lawyer. The next month, Garrido sent a letter to a Sacramento television station stating he wanted to reach Dugard "by attorney mail only."

In January, Garrido's lawyer wrote Dugard saying, "Mr. Garrido has asked me to convey that he does not harbor any ill will toward (Ms. Doe) or the children and loves them very much."

Dugard interpreted the "ill will" remark to mean she was not following the plan and that the letter was another way of manipulating her, the papers state.

Phillip Garrido's lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Susan Gellman, wrote in an e-mail that contacting a witness to determine what happened is part of her job as a defense attorney, and the information she has been seeking is a matter of routine in criminal cases.

"For the district attorney to hint that it is somehow improper or nefarious is disingenuous to say the least," Gellman wrote. "I am not the 'tool' of any man, as he has been intimated in today's filing."

Nancy Garrido's court-appointed defense lawyer Stephen Tapson did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

The Garridos have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The couple also are requesting permission to visit each other in jail, where they are being held on $30 million and $20 million bail, respectively.

Pierson opposed that request, too, blasting efforts by defense lawyers to portray the pair as the parental figures who deserve jailhouse visits so they can discuss the welfare of their "family."

"The defense utterly fails to recognize that Jane Doe and her children were not their 'family,' but were in fact captives - they were victims," Pierson wrote. "The unfortunate reality is that Ms. Doe and her children may not have fully realized they were captives and victims because the defendants controlled their reality."

http://www.kimatv.com/news/national/84177787.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 pm

The Garridos should be barred from trying to contact Jaycee or her daughters. I don't think any rapist should have any rights to children they fathered as a result of a rape.

Last edited by Justice4all on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:10 pm

There is no way in hell they should have any contact with Jaycee or her children. Any attempt to contact Jaycee or any other family member should be considered another felony crime.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Reading those entried from Jaycee was painful...
I doubt that she feels much differently today... I suspect the help she and her children are getting have made some kind of a difference. Its hard to imagine that warped reality which is all they knew will go away...I think the youngest may learn to feel a different way, but it is hard to think that jaycee and her oldest will ever not have to work on disregarding the way they truly feel whilst knowing what is right...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 am

Newly released parole documents detail Phillip Garrido's life before Dugard kidnapping arrest

February 12, 2010

SAN FRANCISCO - Parole records show Phillip Garrido complained in 2008 about having to wear a monitoring device because he had not been in trouble with the law for 19 years — nearly as long as he allegedly held Jaycee Dugard captive in his backyard.

The documents released Friday by California corrections officials also show that less than a month before he was arrested last summer, Garrido initialed papers promising not to have contact with girls between 14 and 18 years old.

Garrido was living at the time with the daughters he sired with Dugard, who were 11 and 14.

Officials released the documents after several news organizations sued. The paperwork doesn't include personnel records or medical or psychological records.

Garrido has pleaded not guilty to the kidnapping.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/84283377.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Dugard, girls and mom file claims against state

Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer
Friday, February 26, 2010

(02-26) 11:39 PST SACRAMENTO -- Kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard and her family have filed claims against the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in an action that will most likely lead to a lawsuit, contending that parole agents bungled their monitoring of her alleged abductor.

"Various lapses" by the department and the agents who checked in on convicted kidnapper and rapist Phillip Craig Garrido for a decade meant that Dugard was held captive longer than she would have if the monitoring had been done effectively, the family contends.

Dugard, 29, the two daughters she had by Garrido, and her mother, Terry Probyn, filed their claims with the state Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board on Jan. 25.

Because Dugard remained a virtual sex slave in Garrido's secret backyard compound near Antioch for more than a decade, the family says, she and her family suffered "psychological, physical and emotional damages."

The claims don't ask for a specific dollar amount of compensation, indicating only that they exceed $25,000, said Rachel Wall, spokeswoman for the compensation board.

If the board rejects the claims at its meeting March 18, the family's next recourse will be to file a lawsuit.

"Because they are seeking damages in excess of $25,000, this will likely go to civil court," Wall said.

Authorities discovered Dugard and her daughters were being kept in Garrido's backyard in August, after police and parole officials became suspicious when he turned up at UC Berkeley with the girls to distribute religious flyers.

Dugard was kidnapped in 1991 at age 11 from South Lake Tahoe. Authorities say she was imprisoned in the Antioch-area home from then on by Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy Garrido, 54.

Phillip Garrido was convicted in 1976 of kidnapping and raping a woman in South Lake Tahoe, and was under a lifetime parole order. Federal parole agents oversaw his monitoring until 1999, when California parole agents started supervising him, but none discovered Dugard.

A report issued in November by the state Inspector General's Office cited mistakes by parole agents that included treating Garrido as a low-risk offender and failing to notice electrical hookups at his house that led to the secret backyard compound.

The Garridos are to be in El Dorado County Superior Court this afternoon before Judge Douglas Phimister to request that they be able to contact Dugard or her representative in preparation for their trials on kidnapping and rape charges. The couple also want to visit each other in jail. Prosecutors are opposing both requests, saying Phillip Garrido has long manipulated and intimidated Dugard and her children.

County Deputy Public Defender Susan Gellman, attorney for Phillip Garrido, said in court filings for today's hearing that her client has "signs of serious mental illness" and "has been hearing voices of angels for years" - but she still wants him to be able to contact Dugard.

She argues that Garrido's desire to contact the mother of his two children is sincere, and is not intended as "harassment, intimidation or dissuasion of a witness."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/26/BA481C7R0C.DTL
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Judge: Dugard suspects can talk to each other

By LISA LEFF AND BROOKE DONALD
Last updated February 26, 2010 5:27 p.m. PT

PLACERVILLE, Calif. -- The Northern California couple charged with kidnapping Jaycee Dugard and holding her captive for 18 years must be given the opportunity to speak to each other while in jail, a judge said Friday.

Phillip and Nancy Garrido have been held separately since their arrests in August and denied access to each other. Their lawyers argued they had a constitutional right to visit to talk about the case, their finances and their hopes for Dugard and the two daughters Dugard had with Phillip Garrido.

Prosecutors and jail officials strongly opposed the request. Jail officials had said arranging such visits would overburden the staff, while the county district attorney scoffed at the suggestion that the Garridos had any role to play in promoting Dugard's well-being.

But El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas C. Phimister on Friday scolded the county sheriff's department, which runs the jail, for being unwilling to facilitate communication between the two inmates. Phimister argued that jail officials routinely find ways to arrange calls and visits to inmates that are monitored "when it is to our advantage."

"These are two people who are potentially facing the rest of their lives in prison," he said. "To allow them 10 minutes to talk to each other is not unreasonable."

Phimister ordered jail officials to allow Nancy Garrido, if she chooses, to place two five minute phone calls to her husband over the next several weeks. He said Phillip Garrido would not be allowed to contact his wife for now because of claims made by prosecutors and Nancy Garrido's lawyer that she was controlled by him during their 29-year marriage.

The judge scheduled another court hearing for April 15 to discuss whether the couple, who have pleaded not guilty, would be allowed face-to-face visits in the future.

Outside of court, Nancy Garrido's court-appointed lawyer, Stephen Tapson, told reporters he had no doubt his client would try to call her husband as soon as it could be arranged. She broke into tears as the judge outlined his plan for the two phone calls, Tapson said.

"She loves him," Tapson shrugged, adding that he still thinks Nancy Garrido was manipulated by her husband during the years Dugard was held captive.

At Friday's hearing, the judge also appointed two lawyers to represent Dugard's two daughters, who were fathered by Phillip Garrido.

Phimister said the girls need their own lawyers because the defense is seeking access to the interviews they gave authorities after the Garridos' arrests and because they would likely be called as witnesses if there is a trial.

Meanwhile, Dugard and her family have taken the first step to sue the state of California for lapses officials made while she and her daughters were allegedly held captive by the Garridos.

Dugard, her two daughters and her mother, Terry Probyn, each filed claim forms in late January against the Department of Corrections, said Jon Myers, a spokeswoman for the state's Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board.

Dugard's spokeswoman, Nancy Seltzer, said the family members haven't decided whether they'll file a lawsuit.

"We are simply preserving Jaycee Dugard's right to file a lawsuit at a later date, if that is something she decides is in her family's best interest," Seltzer said.

By law, victims have six months from the time of the incident to file a personal injury claim against the state.

The forms do not ask for a specific dollar amount, only saying damages exceed $25,000.

The damage or injury specified on the form was for "psychological and emotional injury" and the circumstances that lead to the damage or injury were described as "lapses by the Corrections Department."

A messages left with the Santa Monica, Calif.-based attorney listed on the claims, Dale Kinsella, was not immediately returned.

Prosecutors say Dugard was kidnapped from outside her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991 by the Garridos, then taken to Antioch, Calif., where she lived with two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido in a ramshackle backyard compound.

Phillip Garrido had been under parole supervision because of a 1977 conviction for raping a 25-year-old woman. He was released from prison in 1988 and placed under federal supervision until 1999, when California took over.

According to an investigation by the Office of Inspector General, mistakes in how California monitored Garrido began right away. Among them, he was wrongly classified as a low-risk offender, which meant looser controls on him, and one agent did not try to confirm the identity of a young girl he saw at the house while on a visit, instead trusting Garrido's claim that she was his niece.

The secretary of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Matthew Cate, has acknowledged serious errors in the handling of the case.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1110ap_us_kidnapped_girl_found_claims.html?source=rss
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:04 pm

It is sad that Jaycee has to sue in order to get adequate compensation for what she had to go through. The system failed her on so many levels starting with not making Garrido serve his full 50-year sentence for rape.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 am

I agree, J4A. Too many times these rapists only serve a mere fraction of their sentence.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 am

I believe there is NO amount of money that can serve as restitution for what that poor girl and her children went through...They will never forget the crimes committed against them...The years of freedom they missed out on and the sexual abuse that Jaycee endured will never be erased in their minds....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Exactly Piper, and here we are continuing to appease the Garrido's and ensuring that that their "reasonable" requests are met....

Nothing about these 2's requests are reasonable. The fact that they are allowed 3 squares and a roof over their head is baffling. They have no place here on earth. They not only ruied Jaycee's life but her entire families and 2 innocent childrens lives too, who were born into heinous crimes againt them and their mother. These 2 have ruined the lives of so many yet, get to have their needs and wants considered..

We see Jaycee having to take legal action for all the violations that were against her becasue of incompetance..

WTF is wrong with this picture...

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:18 am

Dugard, family file claims against Calif.
Cite 'lapses' by state officials in handling of her alleged kidnapper

updated 5:59 p.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 26, 2010

ANTIOCH, Calif. - Jaycee Dugard and her family have taken the first step to sue the state of California for lapses officials made while she and her daughters were allegedly held captive by a convicted sex offender.

Dugard, her two daughters and her mother, Terry Probyn, have each filed claim forms against the Department of Corrections, Rachel Wall, a spokeswoman for the state's Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board, said Friday.

Dugard's spokeswoman, Nancy Seltzer, said the family members haven't decided whether they'll file a lawsuit.

"We are simply preserving Jaycee Dugard's right to file a lawsuit at a later date, if that is something she decides is in her family's best interest," Seltzer said.

By law, victims have six months from the time of the incident to file a personal injury claim against the state. Dugard was found in August.

The forms do not ask for a specific dollar amount, only saying damages exceed $25,000.

A messages left with the Santa Monica, Calif.-based attorney listed on the claims, Dale Kinsella, was not immediately returned.

Mistakes in monitoring

Prosecutors say Dugard was kidnapped from outside her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991 by Phillip and Nancy Garrido, then taken to Antioch, Calif., where she lived with two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido in a ramshackle backyard compound.

Phillip Garrido had been under parole supervision because of a 1977 conviction for raping a 25-year-old woman. He was released from prison in 1988 and placed under federal supervision until 1999, when California took over.

According to an investigation by the Office of Inspector General, mistakes in how California monitored Garrido began right away. Among them, he was wrongly classified as a low-risk offender, which meant looser controls on him, and one agent did not try to confirm the identity of a young girl he saw at the house while on a visit, instead trusting Garrido's claim that she was his niece.

The secretary of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Matthew Cate, has acknowledged serious errors in the handling of the case.

The Garridos have been charged with raping and abducting Dugard. They have pleaded not guilty and have an appearance in El Dorado County Superior Court later Friday on defense motions to allow them to visit each other in jail.

Their lawyers also want contact information for Dugard and permission from the court to communicate with her. Prosecutors oppose the motion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35607056/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Jaycee Dugard case: ABC to air new home video of kidnap victim and family

Associated Press
Posted: 03/04/2010 08:45:52 AM PST
Updated: 03/04/2010 08:45:53 AM PST

NEW YORK — ABC says it will air recently taped home video Friday of kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard, who was rescued last August after 18 years in captivity.

The network says Dugard, her mother, Terry Probyn, and her half-sister Shayna will be seen and heard for the first time on-camera since she was abducted in 1991 near her home in South Lake Tahoe. She was held prisoner in the backyard of her captor.

Dugard now lives with her mother and her two daughters, allegedly fathered by her abductor, in the East Bay.

Excerpts from the video of Dugard, now 29, are scheduled to air on "Good Morning America," ''20/20" and "Nightline."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_14512175?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 pm

I saw this earlier, but was disappointed that they didn't say WHEN they would air video...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:03 pm

I wonder if they are going to air the whole video since the article just says excerpts are scheduled to air on "Good Morning America," ''20/20" and "Nightline." It wouldn't surprise me if "Good Morning America" plays an excerpt, then tells you to tune into "20/20" for more, and then "20/20" plays a different one and tells you to tune into "Nightline" for more.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Since they are stating "excerpts" will be aired - who's going to show the entire video?....And when is right! I hate it when these news releases only throw us half a bone!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Jaycee Dugard Speaks Out in New Video

(March 5) -- Jaycee Dugard is in the spotlight again, but this time it's on her own terms.

Tonight ABC will air home videos that show the 29-year-old kidnapping victim alive, well and at home with her family six months after she emerged from her captivity.

The video is a public plea for privacy. On the tape, Dugard's mother, Terry Probyn, says that while she wants to share her "miracle with the world," she cannot put the pieces of her family back together while they are being hounded by the press. "What my family needs is privacy during our healing process," she says.

The otherwise ordinary scenes of a woman laughing and baking cookies with her half-sisters and hanging stockings by the fireplace are made extraordinary by Dugard's 18-year nightmare.

In 1991, the then 11-year-old Dugard was kidnapped at a bus stop near her home by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. For nearly two decades, she was held against her will and abused in a makeshift camp in the couple's backyard in Antioch, Calif. During her captivity, Dugard gave birth to two daughters, widely thought to be the children of Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender. Her daughters do not appear on the video.

The footage is somewhat haunting. "I've never gotten to decorate a cookie before," Dugard says to one of her half-sisters on the tape, according to ABC.

This morning ABC released a teaser of the videos on "Good Morning America," which it called "the confirmation that Jaycee Dugard and her girls will be OK that so many have been waiting for."

ABC reports that Dugard has made some progress: She's earned her GED and now has a driver's license. And she is speaking out in her own words Friday.

"Hi, I'm Jaycee. I want to thank you for your support, and I'm doing well," Dugard says on the tape. The words are straightforward and yet remarkable. Though the incredible story has been obsessively followed by the media, her family has been intensely private since she came home.

"When we have more to share, we will," Probyn says to the camera."As a mother, I am pleading for our privacy."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/jaycee-dugard-speaks-out-in-haunting-new-video/19384806?icid=main
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

well, while we all want to see her and hear from her - i think i speak for us all when I say that I personally will respect her privacy and won't be buying into the media's money-making schemes to exploit Jaycee and her family... i wouldn't buy a magazine or anything w/ her on the cover if she wasn't doing an interview... that's just supporting the media to continue to hound her - if they don't have a market for it - no customers, maybe they'll leave her alone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

I hope the media respects their privacy and leaves the family alone except for scheduled interviews that they agree to. The last thing they need is to be hounded by paparazzi.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 am

Exclusive: Jaycee Dugard's Home Video

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/exclusive-jaycee-dugards-home-video-10026135
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Jaycee Dugard Update: Phillip and Nancy Garrido Denied In-Jail Visits for Second Time

April 19, 2010 12:41 PM
Posted by Edecio Martinez

PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS/AP) Phillip and Nancy Garrido, the California couple accused of kidnapping and imprisoning Jaycee Dugard for nearly two decades, won't be seeing each other any time soon.

Photos: Inside Jaycee's Terror Tent
Photos: Inside Phillip Garrido's House

El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister has, for the second time, denied the couple's request to visit each other in jail.

They were granted two more monthly five-minute phone calls, according to officials.

Prosecutors say they have amassed an enormous amount of evidence against Phillip Garrido, charged with kidnapping, raping and holding Jaycee Dugard captive for nearly two decades.

Photos: The Search For Jaycee
Photos: Jaycee Lee Dugard Found Alive

"We have an overwhelming volume of evidence to prove each and every charge" against Phillip Garrido, the prosecutor said.

In addition, information has been uncovered that could mitigate the guilt of his wife and co-defendant Nancy Dugard, El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson said during a court hearing.

Stephen Tapson, the court-appointed lawyer who represents Nancy Garrido, has said he plans to argue that his client was under her husband's control when Dugard was abducted from her South Lake Tahoe street in 1991, then raped and held captive for 18 years.

Phillip Garrido allegedly fathered two children with Dugard, the first when she was only 14.

The couple has pleaded not guilty to rape and kidnapping. Dugard is currently living with her mother in a secret location.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20002803-504083.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Jaycee Lee Dugard Grabs Lunch
http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/30/jaycee-lee-dugard-subway-photo/

Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison - Page 3 0430-j10

The mother of two turns 30 on Monday.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu May 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Jaycee Dugard case back in court

By the CNN Wire Staff
May 20, 2010 8:26 a.m. EDT

Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison - Page 3 T1larg11

(CNN) -- A court hearing is scheduled Thursday in the case of a northern California couple accused of abducting Jaycee Dugard and holding her captive for more than 18 years in a ramshackle backyard compound.

Phillip Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy, 54, are charged with 29 felony counts in the kidnapping of Dugard, who was 11 when she was snatched in 1991 from the street in front of her house in South Lake Tahoe, California.

The couple has pleaded not guilty.

The hearing, scheduled for 1 p.m. (4 p.m. ET) at the El Dorado County Superior Court, is a procedural matter about witnesses in the case.

Authorities say the Garridos held Dugard in a hidden compound behind their home for 18 years.

She was 29 when she was found in August at the Garridos' home in Antioch about 120 miles from her house.

Garrido, a registered sex offender on parole at the time of his arrest, is accused of fathering two daughters with Dugard during her captivity.

Dugard now lives in seclusion with her mother, Terry Probyn, and Dugard's two daughters.

Earlier this month, Judge Douglas Phimister denied a request by the Garridos to be able to see each other while they remain jailed.

Instead, the judge ruled, the couple can have one five-minute phone conversation this month and in June. He also said that officials can monitor the calls.

The judge did not offer a reason for denying the request. The prosecution had opposed the motion on security grounds.

Authorities maintain Dugard does not want to speak to Garrido or his attorneys and have tried to keep her location a secret.

In March, Dugard made her first public statement since the arrests of her alleged captors.

"Hi, I'm Jaycee. I want to thank you for your support, and I'm doing well," Dugard said in a home video released exclusively to ABC News.

"It's been a long haul," said Dugard, "but I'm getting there."

The video showed Dugard baking cookies with her mother and playing with her dogs.

"We released this video so that you can see that we are happy and well -- when we have more to share, we will," Probyn said in the home video.

"As a mother I am pleading for our privacy in this very public story."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/20/california.dugard.hearing/?hpt=Sbin
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Thank you for the updates on Jaycee Dugard. And FeistyAngel thanks for the pictures of her. She looks about 17 and still has that aura of innocence about her. I hope her daughters are coping well also.
Gracie
Gracie

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu May 20, 2010 7:54 pm

You are welcome Gracie. I agree that she looks very young. Hopefully the Garridos get sentenced to life in prison while Jaycee and her daughters recover from their ordeal and move on with the rest of their lives.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Kidnapping Victim Jaycee Dugard Calls Effort By Father to Contact 'Terror'

Kenneth Slayton Has Enlisted the Help of High-Profile Attorney Gloria Allred

By EMILY FRIEDMAN
June 16, 2010

Kidnap survivor Jaycee Dugard is now facing "terror" from another man, her biological father who ignored her for 29 years and is petitioning in court to establish his paternity.

A statement from Dugard's spokeswoman today said Dugard's mother has always admitted that Kenneth Slayton was Jaycee's father, but that he had repeatedly declined to be involved in her life, even after she was kidnapped in 1991 at the age of 11.

Dugard, who was held captive by Philip Garrido for 18 years, wasn't found until last year. She bore two children by Garrido and has lived reclusively with her mother and daughters since then.

According to a statement released today by family spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer, Dugard has expressed her feelings and has "no interest" in Slayton.

"She does not wish to see Mr. Slayton or his family at this time," reads the statement, adding, "DNA does not make a family!"

Dugard said that she reserves her right to change her mind later. Seltzer says that the family would like to "avoid the terror" of Slayton petitioning the court for paternity after years of what they say was his disinterest in Dugard's life.

Dugard and her family said that until now, Slayton has done little to help the family during the kidnapping ordeal, and described his sudden interest in his daughter as out of character.

"At no point did Mr. Slayton offer any assistance beyond what was requested of him while Jaycee was missing," according to the statement.

Click here to read the Dugard's family full statement

Dugard's mother, Terry Probyn, said in the statement there is no reason to establish paternity.

"Terry Probyn has never denied that Kenneth Slayton was the father," the statement reads. "Rather it was Mr. Slayton who showed no interest for the first 29 years of his daughter's life."

Slayton has hired high-profile celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, who is most recently known for representing several of pro-golfer Tiger Woods' alleged mistresses.

Allred told ABC News that she had "no comment" regarding the Dugard's statement. But in a press conference on in September 2009, Allred, said that Slayton wanted to be reunited with his estranged daughter.

"He wants nothing from her," Allred said at the time. "What they really want to do is love her."

Slayton is reportedly married with children and is a retired bus driver in Los Angeles.

Dugard was snatched off the street while waiting for a school bus at the age of 11 and held captive for 18 years, living in squalor in tents and sheds in Garrido's backyard.

Garrido, a known violent sex offender, and his wife Nancy are awaiting trial and have pleaded not guilty to kidnap and rape charges.

In March, the family released home videos showing Dugard, her sister and her mother readjusting to life and decorating Christmas cookies.

At the time, Dugard said in her first statement since her release that she was "doing well" but that it has been a "long haul."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Broadcast/jaycee-dugard-shuts-biological-father-kenneth-slayton/story?id=10930464
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Call me a skeptic, but something tells me Slayton wants to cash in on any money that might come Jaycee's way. I usually like Gloria Allred, but I think she is way off base representing this guy.

Jaycee is certainly old enough to determine if she wants a relationship with her biological father or not.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Oh Lord! I detest Gloria! She can cheapen a blue mink coat and diamond earrings just by wearin em in public! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:28 pm

roflao roflao roflao

That was good KH!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Lawmakers OK $20 million settlement for kidnapped girl

By DON THOMPSON, Associated Press Writer
Story Published: Jul 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California lawmakers approved a $20 million settlement Thursday with the family of Jaycee Dugard, who was kidnapped as a girl and held captive in a secret backyard for 18 years by a paroled sex offender.

Dugard, 30, resurfaced last August with two daughters she bore with Phillip Garrido, a convicted rapist.

Dugard, her mother and daughters filed claims in February saying state officials with the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation failed to do their jobs. Parole agents began supervising Garrido in 1999 but failed to discover Dugard.

The Dugard family members claimed psychological, physical and emotional damages.

"I can't emphasize enough that we've got to be much more prudent in terms of how we provide oversight for released prisoners in the state of California," Assemblyman Ted Gaines, R-Granite Bay, said.

Attorneys for the Dugards did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy, have pleaded not guilty to charges that they kidnapped and raped the young woman.

Dugard and her children were hidden at the Garrido home in the eastern San Francisco Bay area city of Antioch, authorities said.

"Jaycee and her children, now 13 and 16, are now living in seclusion and will need many years of therapy, education and health care," said Assemblyman Felipe Fuentes, D-Sylmar.

Lawmakers approved the settlement with a 30-1 vote in the Senate and a 62-0 vote in the Assembly.

The money for the Dugards will come from the state's hard-hit general fund, which pays for most state operations. It comes while the state faces a $19 billion deficit as it enters the new fiscal year without a budget.

The settlement made up the bulk of the money approved in AB1714, which settles three other claims for a combined $1.49 million.

Assemblyman Jim Nielsen, R-Yuba City, said it was wise for the state to pay the claim quickly rather than fight a court battle that he said "exacerbates the grievous loss of the victims and the lifelong condemnation and pain of their families."

He predicted the state alsa will pay claims as well in the case of John Albert Gardner III, who pleaded guilty to killing two San Diego County teenagers. Parole agents were also faulted in that case for failing to send Gardner, a convicted sex offender, back to prison.

http://www.kval.com/news/national/97597249.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm so glad for Jaycee and her daughters. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to follow the rules already set up, that's the first place to start.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 am

Jaycee Dugard: Parole Agents Blew Opportunities to Rescue Me

Entertainment Tonight
July 7, 2010

A new report from the California attorney general's office alleges that state parole agents interacted with Jaycee Dugard and her older daughter while they were allegedly being held captive by Phillip Garrido, but the agents "failed to investigate their identities or their relationship to Garrido."

The report was sent to lawmakers before they voted last week to settle with the Dugard family for $20 million, says the Associated Press.

Dugard and her daughters -- allegedly fathered by Garrido -- claimed they might have been rescued sooner if parole agents had followed up on potential leads presented to them, says the AP. They also claim the agents didn't properly supervise Garrido beginning in 1999.

Dugard was allegedly held in the backyard of Garrido and his wife’s home for 18 years. Garrido has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and raping Dugard.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/jaycee-dugard-parole-agents-blew-opportunities-to-rescue-me-1560106.story
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 am

(From February 2010)

Jaycee Dugard's Diary Entries Revealed

Posted February 11, 2010 4:02:00 PM

In court on Thursday, an attorney read emotionally charged diary entries reportedly written by Jaycee Dugard, the alleged rape and kidnap victim who was purportedly held in the backyard of an Antioch, CA man's home for 18 years.

People.com reports that El Dorado County Deputy District Attorney James Clinchard recited several of Dugard's diary entries in court because lawyers for Dugard's alleged captors, Phillip Garrido and his wife Nancy, wish to learn the current whereabouts of Dugard and the two daughters Garrido is accused of fathering with her.

"How can I ever tell him how I want to be free?" Dugard reportedly wrote in 2003, six years prior to charges being brought against the Garridos, who are accused of abducting Dugard outside her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991 when she was 11.

She also reportedly wrote about her alleged captor in 2003: "I don't want to hurt him. … Sometimes I think my very presence hurts him. … So how can I ever tell him how I want to be free? Free to come and go as I please. … Free to say I have a family. I will never cause him pain if it's in my power to prevent it. FREE!"

People.com says that in 2004, Dugard wrote: "It feels like I'm sinking. I'm afraid I want control of my life. . . . This is supposed to be my life to do with what I like . . . but once again he has taken it away. How many times is he allowed to take it away from me? I am afraid he doesn't see how the things he says makes me a prisoner . . . Why don't I have control of my life! I feel I can't even be sure my thoughts are my own."

The site says Clinchard told the court that Dugard "has emphatically stated to our office that she does not want any contact with [the Garridos] or their attorneys" and she has requested that the district attorney's office protect her privacy.

Clinchard reportedly said the diary entries illustrate Philip Garrido's alleged attempts to control Dugard, and he requested that the court "once and for all put an end to [Garrido's] manipulation."

The court is set to hear motions on Feb. 26, says People.com, which adds that Dugard's spokeswoman says Dugard knew Clinchard would present some of her diary entries in court.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/02/83989/index.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:11 am

Schwarzenegger signs $20 million Jaycee Dugard settlement

By Don Thompson
Associated Press
Updated: 07/10/2010 12:33:20 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO — Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a $20 million state settlement Friday with a woman who was held captive near Antioch for 18 years and the two daughters she bore to her suspected abductor.

The settlement signed Friday acknowledged the state's repeated missteps in supervising Phillip Garrido.

The convicted rapist was on parole when authorities say he kidnapped Jaycee Dugard in 1991 from near her South Lake Tahoe home. She was 11 at the time.

The settlement will provide Dugard, now 30, and her daughters with enough money to provide a lifetime of therapy and education. Her daughters are 15 and 12.

Debate among lawmakers and statements from negotiators in the state Attorney General's Office indicated officials decided to settle the claim by Dugard to avoid what could have been an even larger award had the case gone to a jury. They also acknowledged no amount of money could compensate Dugard for her ordeal.

Dugard and her daughters filed the claim in February with the state, saying California parole agents failed to follow up on numerous clues that could have led to their rescue years before they finally surfaced in August.

Dugard told her attorneys that she and her eldest daughter spoke with parole agents, but the agents failed to follow up.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/timesstar/localnews/ci_15479787
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 am

Yay...........................!!

A great example of narrow minded investigations that chase and ruin the wrong person, where it clearly denies the victim of any help....

To think that Kyron and Haleigh are still missing where LE are doing the same thing as in Jaycee's case...

To know what happened to Jaycee is unthinkable. LE's narrow mindedness, poisoned society against her step father... it also didnt take very long for LE to convice Jaycee's family of his unjustified/incorrect guilt.

To think that this example of such a miscarriage of justice is high profile in the media, yet in Kyrons story, the exact same thing is happening.... We need to ask ourselves how judging families in similar cases, is helping... We need to look at our inluence in assisting LE to continue to work similar cases by blaming the family from the getgo..Jaycees horrible experience shud not be in vain..cant we learn anything from her nightmare? There are too many similar stories to think that this one is so isolated.. We are foolish to think these crimes dont happen.. How many victims are out there, or have been killed and thrown in the trash by monsters like her captors? How mnay victims dont we find becasue we dont look.. Its easier top blame the family where we potentially ruin their lives, after they have already suffered such an unimagineable loss... How are we helping?

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:11 am

KIDNAP SEX SLAVE JAYCEE DUGARD SUED BY DAD
08 August 2010

KIDNAP sex slave victim Jaycee Dugard is facing fresh agony as her dad takes legal action over her £12.5million compensation payout.

She has been hit by a legal claim from the biological father she’s never seen following the compo ­payment for her 18 years of misery.

Kenneth Slayton, 64, has launched a court paternity ­petition despite the fact Jaycee, now 30, has issued a public statement saying she “never wishes to see” him.

Slayton, who says he is suffering from cancer, has vowed: “I will never give up the effort to make contact. I want to ­protect and love her.”

El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson, who is ­ prosecuting Jaycee’s jailed abductors Phillip Garrido, 58, and his wife Nancy, 54, said: “It’s a sad ­commentary on our society that a man professes all he wants is to love and protect her and, damn it, he’ll sue her for the right to do it.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/148116/Kidnap-sex-slave-Jaycee-Dugard-sued-by-dad/

This is just WRONG! I don't even know what to say but that. What a horrible way to treat your daughter, let alone one that has gone thru what she has. Sad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 am

Isn't it amazing how $$$$ brings the cockroaches out from under the floor boards...Sorry that he has cancer, but where does he get off thinking that he has the right to any of her $$$..?... Jaycee Dugard found ALIVE/Phillip Garrido Sentenced To Life In Prison - Page 3 916266
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 pm

I don't care if she doesn't want to see her bio dad, but what about her step dad? That guy was accused and investigated for a long time in this case. She should make contact with him, even if her mom does not want to.

She is a big girl now, and this man was the only father she knew for 11 years. He is the one I feel sorry for.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Jaycee Dugard's alleged kidnapper may undergo psychological exam before trial

By SAM STANTON - McClatchy Newspapers
Friday, Aug. 20, 2010

PLACERVILLE, Calif. -- New questions arose Friday afternoon over whether Phillip Garrido is mentally competent to stand trial in the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard.

With the one-year anniversary of Dugard's reappearance after 18 years of captivity coming next week, a judge in El Dorado Superior Court said there still is a question over whether officials will seek a psychological exam of Garrido before the case goes forward.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2010/08/20/1371462/jaycee-dugards-alleged-kidnapper.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:02 am

Picture sales of Dugard, daughters decried as privacy invasion
Mental competency questions of her alleged kidnapper come up in court

msnbc.com
updated 8/20/2010 11:27:32 PM ET

PLACERVILLE, Calif. — A spokeswoman for Jaycee Dugard, who was kidnapped as a young girl and held captive for 18 years, criticized the purported sale of unauthorized photos of Dugard and her daughters to media outlets.

The criticism came as key questions were raised Friday over the mental competency of Phillip Garrido to stand trial in Dugard's 1991 kidnapping.

In a statement Friday, Nancy Seltzer said Dugard, now 30, is not a celebrity and neither are her two minor age girls, and that they should be able to “lead as normal a life as possible without being treated as a curiosity by onlookers and their cameras.”

"Someone wise once told me that our privacy was dependent on the morality of the one doing the observing," said Seltzer. "I'm saddened by the photos of Jaycee and her daughters being offered to the media.”

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38793573/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Who are making the pictures and offering them to the media? I thought it was the media that was making the pictures.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next