Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Wizard of Oz' goes hi-def for 70th anniversary

Go down

'Wizard of Oz' goes hi-def for 70th anniversary Empty 'Wizard of Oz' goes hi-def for 70th anniversary

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm

WAMEGO, Kan. (AP) — When "The Wizard of Oz" first hit theaters in August 1939, flying monkeys were the least of America's worries.

The Depression, already almost a decade long, continued to grind away, and Germany stood on the verge of invading Poland, igniting a global conflagration that would envelop the United States just two years later.

Moviegoers needed escape. And along came Judy Garland's Dorothy Gale, a Kansas farm girl whose ruby slippers stepped out of the dreary present and into a Technicolor future, a magical Oz populated by talking scarecrows, Munchkins, bubble-riding witches and a con man of a wizard who showed that all we ever needed was within ourselves.

Seventy years after its first screening, "The Wizard of Oz" is headed back to theaters nationwide Sept. 23 for one night as Warner Bros. unveils a technologically updated and improved version ahead of its release on Blu-ray Hi-Def.

Read more: http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/entertainment/local_story_264103144.html?keyword=secondarystory

This would be a fun movie to take kids to see in the theater. It would be interesting to see how it looks in high def. I don't know if I will be able to go. It starts at 7 and the closest place it is showing in my area is almost a half hour away and it is a work night for me and a school night for the kids.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down