Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09

5 posters

Go down

Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09 Empty Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Attorney To Release More Evidence In Anthony Case
Brad Conway Says Information Raise Questions

POSTED: 7:04 am EDT September 29, 2009
UPDATED: 6:13 pm EDT September 29, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents said he will release evidence that raises "serious questions about the case" on Wednesday.

Tuesday, prosecutors in the Anthony investigation released more than 1,000 pages of documents related to the case.

Brad Conway said the evidence he intends to release contains information the state "should have released today, but didn't."

The documents released on Tuesday included information on the duct tape found on Caylee Anthony's skull. The FBI admitted to destroying residue of a heart-shaped sticker on the duct tape last week while technicians tested the tape for fingerprints.

Test results released on Tuesday indicated DNA tests conducted in February on duct tape found across the toddler's skull produced some intriguing results.

A female DNA profile was discovered, but it did not belong to Caylee, Casey Anthony or Cindy Anthony.

That prompted the FBI to scour its own personnel to determine who handled the tape, and tests indicated the DNA belonged to one of their own female technicians. When that information is coupled with revelations from last week about testing obliterating residue of a heart-shaped sticker on the duct tape, it could leave the lab's methods open to criticism.

FBI correspondence also revealed a photograph of a stained area in the back of the trunk of the Pontiac Sunfire driven by Casey Anthony. The photo appeared to show the outline of a child's body laying in a fetal position. However, an FBI photographic supervisor said, "We do not report conclusions about what may or may not have left marks or impressions. It is too speculative."

Federal officials also reported to investigators that DNA testing excluded Lee Anthony and Jesse Grund as Caylee's biological father.

Other correspondence shed light on how involved Cindy Anthony and the family's private investigator Dominic Casey became in trying to dig up dirt on the man who discovered Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, as well as Grund.

After receiving some of the information from Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, replied, "Good work, Rosebud."

There was also a letter from Dominic Casey that detailed who not to allow inside a memorial service for Caylee Anthony and a transcript of an interview with Annie Downing, who said she was a best friend of Casey Anthony shortly after Caylee's birth. Detectives asked Downing about Casey Anthony's relationship with her mother and possible use of Xanax.

The documents also included a sworn statement from a Maitland man who said he saw Casey Anthony and Caylee together the day after Father's Day 2008, which is the day Caylee was last seen by the Anthony family.

Inexplicably, Thompson waited until July 22, 2009 to tell police.

James Thompson said he saw Casey Anthony walking ten feet in front of Caylee at a Casselberry Walmart.

"To think I was one of the last people to see Caylee alive," Thompson said in his statement. "It bothers me constantly."

Thompson, who is on the state witness list, would not comment on his statement.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21145778/detail.html

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09 Empty Re: Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09

Post by IndyNile Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09 916266

I wonder if Brad Conway realizes that he is being used by Bozo. Just like GA being told by Baez to run over to TM's press conference and make an complete ass out of himself...Its just sooo obvious!

IndyNile

Back to top Go down

Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09 Empty Re: Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself AJ. Unbelievable! While reading some of the emails between DC, CA & LA, I homestly thought I would vomit. My stomach was actually turning. You know, I heard somewhere today that maybe CA was Zanni! Now THAT, I would not doubt. If you think about it, it would sort of make sense. Who else would KC be likey to listen to and take instructions from?? None other than the wicked witch herself.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 pm

FystyAngel wrote:I couldn't have said it better myself AJ. Unbelievable! While reading some of the emails between DC, CA & LA, I homestly thought I would vomit. My stomach was actually turning. You know, I heard somewhere today that maybe CA was Zanni! Now THAT, I would not doubt. If you think about it, it would sort of make sense. Who else would KC be likey to listen to and take instructions from?? None other than the wicked witch herself.

Possibly, Fysty, but I just don't believe KC would sit in jail for over a year taking the blame for something her mother did..... as Shirley Plesea said, "KC hated her mother more than she loved Caylee." KC is too much of a narcissist to sit in jail for ANYONE......

And I think if the defense could actually prove SODDI, they would have released that info a LONG time ago... I realize all they need at trial is to present reasonable doubt, but when it comes right down to it, I have faith the jury will see that NO ONE ELSE other than KC could have done this.

Just my two cents...... Brad Conway Releases Evidence 9-30-09 4uj5n5
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am

Looks like cfNews13 might have scooped BC's release tomorrow..... my question is, though, if this is true, how is it BC's place to release this info???? I so pray this is wrong! The bold in the article is mine.

Sources: Duct Tape At Crime Scene, Anthony Home Don't Match

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:28:47 PM
Reported By Jacqueline Fell and Scott Harris

ORLANDO -- Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, said he plans to release even more documents Wednesday, even after the state made more than 1,000 pages of information public Tuesday.

Sources said information Conway is expected to release will show that duct tape found at the crime scene does not match duct tape recovered from the Anthony home, and hair found on the duct tape does not belong to either Casey or Caylee Anthony.

One part of the documents released Tuesday detail the activities of the Anthony family and their detectives running down leads about Caylee's disappearance.

The technical documents consists of hundreds of pages and pages of evidence lists, receipts to show the chain of evidence and lab reports from the FBI.

Part of the documents provide insight into the investigation by Dominic Casey who acted as a private investigator and at times security for the Anthony family early on.

Dominic Casey followed up on leads of people who camped outside the Anthony home last summer. He also tracked down leads from e-mails that flooded Cindy, George and brother Lee's inbox up until the family and Casey's attorney Jose Baez separated ties.

Dominic Casey had a rap sheet of dozens of people he thought might be involved in the case.

Pictures of possible Zanaida Gonzalez were dispatched to the family from Dominic Casey. At one point Dominic e-mailed Lee saying he was very "skeptical" of the Zenaida Gonzalez that came forward and is now wrapped up in a civil suit against Casey Anthony.

Dominic Casey and Cindy Anthony also exchanged a number of possible scenarios. The Anthonys were not very trusting of so-called friends of Casey.

At times, Dominic even asked Lee Anthony do a little investigating.

Remember the memorial in February for Caylee Anthony?

The Anthony family made a list of people, complete with photos, who wouldn't be allowed inside the memorial service. That list included a Central Florida television reporter and CNN's Nancy Grace.

The documents include FBI lab reports on evidence collected from Anthonys home and the woods where her daughter's remains were found in December and interviews with friends.

* One of the people deputies interviewed was friend Annie Downing. Read the Transcript.

- Downing told authorities Casey told her that Caylee's father was a man named Eric who had been in Orlando during Spring Break while she worked at Universal. She told Downing that "Eric" died the day before or the day of Caylee's second birthday in August 2007.

- Downing said Casey told her that Jesse Grund had keys to the car that had been abandoned, suggesting that Grund could have done something with the car before it was discovered in the Amscot lot.

- Downing also said Casey came to her at one point, saying she was having an emotional breakdown and wanted to commit herself, leaving her daughter with her mother.

* Another document is a witness report by James Thompson, who works at a computer store. Read the report

In the report, Thompson said Casey appeared to be jealous when he showed some attention to her daughter by giving her a beanie baby. Later, when he saw the two in another store, he says Casey didn't help Caylee with a heavy store door.

* Two documents released concentrated on some of the physical evidence, including items taken from the trunk of the car and clothing seized from the house, including samples taken from a shovel that was found in the trunk of the car that could have been used to "bury the victim."The reports are being released in response to a public records request.

* Another document discusses the shovel found in the car driven by Casey. It says that tests show there was no blood or DNA present in the trunk and there was no DNA evidence that Casey had handled the shovel.

* A collection of emails from private detectives to the Anthonys. Some emails are from Cindy Anthony attempting to stop Web sites from profitting from Caylee.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/29/more_documents_coming_in_casey_case.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

I am so curious to see what Brad thins he can possibly produce, to save KC's ass. I just can't imagine. I don't think a jury is going to really care if the tape can be directly matched to KC, the home or not. 31 DAYS, BRAD, 31 DAYS OF FUN FILLED PARTYING!!! EXPLAIN THAT! UGH
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Well. BC was supposed to hold a press conference at 11 today, and I can't find it anywhere.
Anyone got a link?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Anthony Family Attorney To Release Info
Casey Anthony Charged With Murder In Death Of Daughter

POSTED: Wednesday, September 30, 2009
UPDATED: 11:03 am EDT September 30, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing George and Cindy Anthony told Local 6 News that he will release dozens of documents on Wednesday in connection with the Casey Anthony case.

Brad Conway was expected to hold a news conference on Wednesday.

The development comes a day after the state attorney's office released thousands of pages of documents in the case and Local 6 News investigative reporter Tony Pipitone uncovered new evidence that a mystery source of DNA is on the duct tape that was found wrapped around Caylee Anthony's skull.

The findings could cast doubts about the state's case against Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were discovered in December.

Casey Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty and claims she left her daughter with a baby sitter and that the pair were gone when she returned to pick up Caylee, who was 2 years old at the time.

Two pieces of DNA were found on the duct tape attached to Caylee's skull, the same brand and type as that one found on a gas can in the Anthony family's east Orange County home, Pipitone reported.

But neither piece shows traces of Casey Anthony, according to documents released by the state attorney's office on Tuesday.

One DNA sample was traced to an FBI lab analyst who accidentally contaminated the outside of the duct tape during testing, the documents stated. But an FBI lab report showing a fragment of DNA represented by the number 17 was found on the underside, the adhesive side.

Local 6 showed it and other test results to John Jay College Professor Henrietta Nunno, who said it could be a big break for Casey Anthony's defense team.

"So it's not Casey. It's not Caylee. It's not Cindy. It's not George. And it's not the FBI analyst?" Pipitone asked.

"I would agree with that, yes," Nunno said. "Someone who is not one of those people did leave DNA on the tape. Whether it was the perpetrator of the crime or another person who examined it, I guess we don't know."

The amount of DNA is so small that it can't be used to identify whether it is from another FBI analyst.

Meanwhile, FBI documents show that a stain found in Casey Anthony's car trunk was possibly in the shape of a child in a fetal position, but Local 6 News has learned that the FBI will not testify about the shape of the stain, calling it speculation.

Also, fibers in the duct tape found with Caylee's remains don't match a roll from the Anthonys' home, documents show.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21158117/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:02 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing George and Cindy Anthony told Local 6 News that he will release dozens of documents on Wednesday in connection with the Casey Anthony case.

VIEW: New Docs | II | III | IV | V | VI
VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV
VIDEO: More Info | New Details
Brad Conway was expected to hold a news conference on Wednesday

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21158117/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tml=orlpn_12pm&ts=T&tmi=orlpn_12pm_1_10550109302009
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Snaz, we're always on the same page, lol.
Still cannot find a link to the press conference. Oh, well, didn't feel much like being sick this early in the morning anyway, but am curious. How does HE get to release evidence anyway???
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Snipped from the above article:

"Brad Conway was expected to hold a news conference on Wednesday."

Notice the statement is "BC WAS expected".....I don't know if this means the presser is off or what..... This information does not bode well for the prosecution, but we also have to remember this is a media interpretation, and they have been wrong before.

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 pm

I realize it's the culmination of all the evidence, but is this going to create reasonable doubt to some? Hmmm
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Snaz, been to every news station as I'm sure you have also. I can find all the articles, but no presser. Maybe he decided against it?
Just don't understand how he can release things that he says the state SHOULD have released but didn't???
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Please note that in this article, WESH reports that on Wednesday, the defense filed a motion to get the charge of murder and the death penalty dismissed.... do I hear an echo in here????? Bold in article is mine...

And BTW, since the prosecution hasn't actually PRESENTED their case yet, how can these people say they haven't PROVEN their case..... isn't that what the trial is for?

Anthonys Release Reports On Duct Tape Tests
Brad Conway Says Information Raises Questions

POSTED: 7:04 am EDT September 29, 2009
UPDATED: 12:35 pm EDT September 30, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents released documents to the media Wednesday morning that he said raise serious questions about the state's scientific case.

Anthony is awaiting trial on charges of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her defense team filed a motion Wednesday to get that charge and death penalty dismissed because it says the prosecutors have not proven their case.

In a press conference, Brad Conway released more than 1,000 pages of documents, including the results of a FBI test that indicate that fibers taken from the duct tape across Caylee Anthony's mouth do not match similar fibers from tape that was across the Anthony family's gas can in their garage. This contradicts earlier reports that there was some sort of evidentiary match between tape found on Caylee's skull and tape found at the Anthony's home.

The Anthonys said they wanted to release this information because they say it supports what they have been saying all along – give their daughter the right to a fair trial, don't just assume she's guilty.

The information about the tape along with information released by the prosecution Tuesday about a lack of a DNA match between Casey Anthony and DNA on the tape raises questions about the state's scientific case, Anthony family attorney Brad Conway said.

"It was easy in the beginning to say well, you know, the duct tape on the gas can and the duct tape at the crime scene, they're similar, and people draw conclusions from that," Conway said. "Now we have an FBI report that says they're dissimilar, that they're not matched. Now I think the view of the land is a little bit more accurate than it was six months ago."

The report also said there was no match between fibers found at the crime scene and fibers found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car or the Anthony family home.

Test results released by the state on Tuesday indicated DNA tests conducted in February on duct tape found across the toddler's skull produced some intriguing results.

A female DNA profile was discovered, but it did not belong to Caylee, Casey Anthony or Cindy Anthony.

PDF: FBI Lab Reports Car | Hair | Misc. Items

That prompted the FBI to scour its own personnel to determine who handled the tape, and tests indicated the DNA belonged to one of their own female technicians. When that information is coupled with revelations from last week about testing obliterating residue of a heart-shaped sticker on the duct tape, it could leave the lab's methods open to criticism.

FBI correspondence also revealed a photograph of a stained area in the back of the trunk of the Pontiac Sunfire driven by Casey Anthony. The photo appeared to show the outline of a child's body laying in a fetal position. However, an FBI photographic supervisor said, "We do not report conclusions about what may or may not have left marks or impressions. It is too speculative."

Federal officials also reported to investigators that DNA testing excluded Lee Anthony and Jesse Grund as Caylee's biological father.

Other correspondence shed light on how involved Cindy Anthony and the family's private investigator Dominic Casey became in trying to dig up dirt on the man who discovered Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, as well as Grund.

After receiving some of the information from Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, replied, "Good work, Rosebud."

There was also a letter from Dominic Casey that detailed who not to allow inside a memorial service for Caylee Anthony and a transcript of an interview with Annie Downing, who said she was a best friend of Casey Anthony shortly after Caylee's birth. Detectives asked Downing about Casey Anthony's relationship with her mother and possible use of Xanax.

The documents also included a sworn statement from a Maitland man who said he saw Casey Anthony and Caylee together the day after Father's Day 2008, which is the day Caylee was last seen by the Anthony family.

Inexplicably, Thompson waited until July 22, 2009 to tell police.

James Thompson said he saw Casey Anthony walking ten feet in front of Caylee at a Casselberry Walmart.

"To think I was one of the last people to see Caylee alive," Thompson said in his statement. "It bothers me constantly."

Thompson, who is on the state witness list, would not comment on his statement.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/21145778/detail.html

Video Report:
http://www.wesh.com/video/21160348/index.html

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Anthonys’ Attorney Releases “New Evidence” In Case

Posted: 12:33 pm EDT September 30, 2009
Updated: 12:51 pm EDT September 30, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Just one day after prosecutors released 1,000 pages of documents in the case against Casey Anthony, the Anthony family attorney released his own Wednesday.

Attorney Brad Conway made public what he called "new evidence." Conway said the new documents that he released raise new questions about the entire case.

The Anthonys' attorney held a news conference at his downtown office Wednesday and released new documents that the defense has just given to the Anthonys, which have not been released publicly through ongoing records requests.

Conway says the documents show the duct tape found on Caylee Anthony’s skull did not match the duct tape found on the Anthonys’ gas can. The newly released FBI test results show the fibers on the two pieces did not match, but earlier tests show the adhesive on the two pieces match and an earlier comparison shows the FBI believes the two pieces to be from the same source roll.

The Anthonys’ attorney admits there might be more tests that have been done, after the fiber tests, which could be more definitive; they just haven’t been released yet if they’ve been done.

Some of the documents Conway referred to Wednesday, which they say raise questions about the evidence we’ve heard about so far, are old reports going back to the beginning of 2009. There are a lot of documents yet to be released, to both the public and the defense, and the FBI might still be conducting tests on some of the evidence at this point.

“The gas can and the duct tape, in the, at the crime scene and they were similar and people draw conclusions on that. Now we have an FBI report that says they’re dissimilar, that they’re not matched. And, so, now I think the view of the land is a little bit more accurate than it was say six months ago,” Conway said Wednesday.

The Anthonys did not attend the news conference Wednesday. Their attorney said they wanted to seize the opportunity while there were questions out there to try to change public opinion. They admit the overwhelming public opinion right now is that Casey is guilty and they want her to get a fair trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21160448/detail.html

Video Report:

http://www.wftv.com/video/21160718/index.html

Documents:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21161111/detail.html

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added video report & documents links)
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Duct Tape Doesn’t Add Up, Anthony Attorney Says

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:53:54 PM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell, Scott Harris and Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, held a news conference Wednesday to release more documents in the case against Casey Anthony.

Conway said he can prove the duct tape at the crime scene does not match tape found at the Anthony home. This comes one day after the state turned over more than 1,000 pages of information.

Conway said he held Wednesday's news conference at the request of George and Cindy Anthony.

The attorney said there is an overwhelmingly skewed public opinion about Casey Anthony. He said most people think she is guilty and he has even gotten e-mails from people who say Casey doesn't even deserve a trial. Conway said Casey's family to remind everyone that she is innocent until proven guilty.

The Anthony family is continuing to stand behind Casey and are asking the public to wait until the case goes to trial.

"The Anthonys want to get to the truth. We all want to get to the truth. It's going to be a slow process. But nobody should make judgments about what the truth is based on discovery and discovery alone," Conway said.

Conway handed out about a dozen pages of discovery that have not yet been released by the State Attorney's Office or the defense. He said the pages prove that duct tape found in the Anthony home and at the crime scene do not match. He also said there is some mystery DNA that could link someone else other than Casey to Caylee's murder.

Conway said it is not his job to defend Casey, but there has been so much speculation about what happened, and that the Anthony family has been so much stress that he wanted to address it head on and stop the speculation.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/30/sources_duct_tape_evidence_in_casey_case_doesn39t_add_up.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm

These people are really reaching...... so far I haven't heard anything that changes my mind....

Me thinks that within all that discovery yesterday something somewhere, somehow hit a very raw nerve......

JMO
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Defense files motion to ditch murder, child-abuse charges against Casey Anthony
Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, also released FBI reports and e-mails that support Casey Anthony's case.

Sarah Lundy
12:40 p.m. EDT, September 30, 2009

Casey Anthony's defense team filed specific motions today to have the two most serious charges against her removed -- first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Attorneys for Anthony, who is in the Orange County Jail accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony, had filed a prior sweeping motion to have the case dismissed.

But in the most recent filing, attorneys argue that the state doesn't have enough evidence to prove either the murder charge or the child-abuse charge.

Meanwhile, Brad Conway, attorney for Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, released at a news conference more FBI lab results and e-mails that have not been released publicly.

Among the information in the newly-released documents is a report that says fabric fibers found on the duct tape that was on little Caylee Anthony's mouth was not consistent with duct tape found on a gas can that also had duct tape on it.

The gas can was once in the car but was recovered as evidence from the Anthonys' home, investigators said.

Caylee Anthony was reported missing last July. Her remains were recovered in December in a wooded area less than a mile from the Anthonys' home in east Orange County.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-new-evidence-093009,0,1049758.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Another version of the documents released by BC today... this may be easier to read than the WFTV link.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/conwayrelease.pdf
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm personally, sickened by the lengths that Camp Anthony will go to to get KC off of a murder charge and disgrace their own beloved Caylee. No matter how the other DNA got there or where the tape came from. I am positive that KC killed Caylee. There is no doubt in my mind. It just is a horrible thought (to me & IMO) that poor little Cayee's very own family condones this. All of this! Not just her family either. DC, BC & the whole damned defense team! It's horribly sickening. Are there people all just truly stupid?

We, As a group, community, whatever anyone wants to call us all who have fallen in love with that beautiful child, seem to want justice for her death, more than her own family. Are they all really under some sort of KC spell?

I still haven't seen enough to get KC off though, IMO. There is no way that a tape match (or lack there of) nor a little extra DNA, changes my mind about WHO killed her. There is still an overwhelming about of evidence to nail her.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Thank you, AJ.... I appreciate your kind words.

I think, ultimately, whatever else the jury hears they will not be able to get past the 31 days or the lies this so-called 'mother' has told....

I don't believe she will get the DP, but LWOP is just fine with me, and like you, AJ, I think possibly a more desirable punishment. I could live with either one....

In a case this high profile, there are bound to be plenty of ups and downs, turns and twists... this just doesn't surprise me. What kind of does surprise me is that Judge S didn't issue the gag order that the State wanted. The defense is the one who fought the gag order, yet they are the ones screaming jury pool tainting!! At the end of the video report by Kathi Belich, she says the A's wanted to seize the opportunity to change public opinion...... that sounds like an attempt to taint the jury pool to me.....

Again, I haven't heard anything that changes my opinion about the strong case the State has... they didn't bring back the DP just for kicks. They have something, IMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:54 pm

The amount of DNA is so small that it can't be used to identify whether it is from another FBI analyst.
I'm not an expert, but if that is the case, how can they rule out the DNA coming from Casey, Caylee, George, or Cindy? Let's say for argument's sake that the report is correct and the duct tape doesn't have Caylee or Casey's DNA on it. Wouldn't the adhesive side of the tape be more likely to have Caylee's DNA on it than that of the killer? If it didn't have Caylee's DNA on it, then it probably didn't have the killer's DNA on it either. I don't believe this clears Casey at all. My guess is that the adhesive side of the tape was either contaminated by somebody who gathered evidence from the crime scene, or contaminated by an FBI analyst.

Awaiting, I just read your post and it is sickening to think of the possibility that Dominic Casey found Caylee's body in November and planted the DNA, but I wouldn't put anything past the Anthonys.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Video of BC's full press conference:

http://www.wftv.com/video/21160739/index.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks, snaz, for all your help/links.
Now this:

Defense Files Motion to Ditch Murder/child abuse Charges
Casey Anthony's defense team filed specific motions today to have the two most serious charges against her removed -- first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Attorneys for Anthony, who is in the Orange County Jail accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony, had filed a prior sweeping motion to have the case dismissed.

But in the most recent filing, attorneys argue that the state doesn't have enough evidence to prove either the murder charge or the child-abuse charge.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-new-evidence-093009,0,1049758.story
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Actual File from Andrea Lyon posted today, Sept. 30

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0930/21161896.pdf
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Snaz, if I'm putting these links in the wrong place, I apologize. I don't know what I'm doing anymore affraid
Please move them if necessary. Thanks!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm

J4A, You said something that REALLY caught my eye!

If it didn't have Caylee's DNA on it, then it probably didn't have the killer's DNA on it either.

You are SO right! If Caylee's DNA wasn't on the tape and she had the tape wrapped around her whole head, why on earth should we expect anyones else's DNA to be on it??? The child decomposed with the tape on her. If HER DNA isn't there, it stands to reason that the DNA on that tape was put there some time AFTERWARDS. DC? Detectives? The Lab? Someone else, but not the killer! If Caylee's was completely gone then it just stands to reason that the killers would be gone too. So, IMO, the fact that there is someone else's DNA on that tape should mean absolutely nothing.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I don't believe this Motion the defense filed today will fly..... they are asking the judge to dismiss the case based on the grounds that that the prosecution has not proven their case. As I stated in an earlier post, the State has not yet PRESENTED their case; therefore, they cannot be expected to have PROVEN their case. As JB has made a point of saying SO MANY TIMES, "It isn't evidence until it's admitted into a court of law." Well, JB, you can't have it both ways.

And if the defense thinks that's all the State has, I believe they are in for a very rude awakening...... Even if the State had already released all the discovery they have, I would STILL believe there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to point to KC and only KC. She is the only one who had the means, the motive and the opportunity.... I think that still means something in a court of law in this country.

JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:19 pm

I just listened to the pathetic attempt by BC to persuade the general public that we should not come to our own conclusions based on the discovery. He says "judgment shouldn't be formed on the basis of discovery and discovery alone"... First off, that is a ridiculous statement to make, and secondly, isn't that EXACTLY what they have done?

I think this presser made BC look foolish, inept and completely ridiculous as an attorney. He was not in the least familiar with the documents he was discussing. All he seemed to be trying to do was convince people to not talk badly about KC and the Anthonys. BC said the documents he referred to were given to the Anthony's by the defense because of criticism...... oh, boo hoo.... I think the JB knew when CA saw what was in those docs yesterday she was gonna blow a gasket, and would insist Brad "do something"... in other words.... CA did it what JB couldn't, therefore he can't get in trouble with the judge.... JB is having CA and BC do his dirty work for him. JMO

According to Kathi Belich, BC indicated the Anthonys admit that the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the conclusion that KC is guilty and want to try to change the public's opinion while there appears to be some doubt about the evidence.....

How's that workin' for ya, Anthonys?

Edited to Add: BTW, several of the 19 pages BC 'released" today were in yesterday's doc dump.....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 pm

I agree Snaz. The prosecution is not required to prove their case before the trial. I hope the defense doesn't think the mystery DNA is enough to get the charges dropped because as we discussed earlier, there is a good chance the DNA ended up on the tape through contamination after the fact.

Awaiting, I never heard of charges being dropped because there is only circumstantial evidence. I believe it is the rule rather than the exception that most criminal cases are based on circumstantial evidence.

It is my understanding that most evidence outside of an eyewitness, recording, or video surveillance is considered circumstantial. Forensic evidence is even considered circumstantial. There is a common misconception that circumstantial evidence is weak. Here is some of what I found when I did a search on circumstantial evidence.

From http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com/terms/direct-evidence.html
Circumstantial evidence is evidence that doesn't establish guilt in a straightforward sense, but it gives a rise to an inference of guilt. For example, a receipt for purchasing a gun is direct evidence that a certain person owned the gun but indirect that he used it in committing a crime. Circumstantial evidence is not only sufficient, but may also be more certain, satisfying and persuasive than direct evidence.......The law draws no distinction between circumstantial evidence and direct evidence in terms of weight or importance. Direct evidence or circumstantial evidence may be enough to establish guilt beyond reasonable doubt, depending on the facts of the case as the jury finds them.
Here are a couple more links about circumstantial evidence that you might find interesting.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=191

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Here's what Bill Sheaffer had to say about BC's presser today:

http://www.wftv.com/video/21164373/index.html

I really don't think this is a big deal, just like I don't think the sticker residue (or lack thereof at this point) is a big deal.... neither one of these two things is enough to cast doubt on KC's guilt. At least, not for me.

I agree, J4a, about circumstantial evidence.... most convictions are obtained through circumstantial evidence and good common sense by jurors.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Family attorney cites weakness in state's case

posted by halboedeker on Sep 30, 2009 5:16:07 PM

Don't be so quick to judge Casey Anthony, her parents are asking the public.

Brad Conway, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney, today released documents to highlight what the family sees as holes in the state's case. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing said, "You can look at today's developments as something of a counteroffensive, with Casey being portrayed as the victim of a rush to judgment and insufficient evidence to charge her with murder."

WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich said, "The Anthonys were not at this news conference that started at 11 this morning. But their attorney said they wanted to seize the opportunity right now while there appear to be some questions about the evidence to try to change public opinion, which they admit is overwhelmingly in favor of the conclusion that Casey is guilty. And they just want Casey to get a fair trial."

Kealing said the highlights from Conway's document release were: 1. Fibers on duct tape found on Caylee's remains are inconsistent with fibers on tape on a gas tank in the Anthony home. 2. An unknown hair on the duct tape on Caylee's remains don't match the girl or her mother. 3. Test results show no matching fibers linking Casey's car to the crime scene.

WKMG-Channel 6's Mike DeForest said his station disputed the second example by showing Conway another FBI document that says no hair other than Caylee's was on the duct tape.

"At that point, Brad Conway basically backed off of this statement and said he wanted to do a little bit further research," DeForest said.

Later, WKMG cited reporter Tony Pipitone for challenging Conway on the point.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the new document didn't rule out the link between the duct tape on Caylee and the tape at the Anthony house, Belich reported. "You're going to have deterioration of the tape at the crime scene because it's been sitting there for months under water," Sheaffer said.

In other Anthony news, Jose Baez, Casey's defense attorney, today filed two motions: One asks the judge to dismiss murder and aggravated-child abuse charges against Casey because of lack of evidence. The other motion challenges the prosecution's pursuit of the death penalty against Casey.

WESH's Kealing explained the defense's position as "they say there is simply no evidence that Caylee's death was a crime."

WKMG's Pipitone said that defense attorneys Baez and Andrea Lyon "argued enough is enough." In a motion, the defense bemoaned "the inflammatory media and extensive community involvement in this case" and said the prosecution "is undoubtedly being pressured to convict Miss Anthony."

Pipitone rated the motions' chances. He said the death-penalty motion had little success because prosecutors in Florida are given great leeway to seek death. And Pipitone said the prosecution could easily defeat the motion to defense by saying it does have enough evidence.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-family-attorney-cites-weakness-in-states-case.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down