Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10

+17
Alessandra_Deux
Sherry
Julie
sitemama
randilynn
Dis
Estee
khintx
Michelle
Tracey6434
Cali
Snaz
JAG
Piper
Booklover
Justice4all
FystyAngel
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 Empty Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10

Post by FystyAngel Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Virginia Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington Disappears From Concert
Police Say 20-Year-Old Vanished, Leaving Behind ID and Cell Phone

Morgan Dana Harrington ought to have arrived at her parents' Roanoke, Va., home Sunday afternoon, as she did most weekends, but when the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student did not show up, her parents quickly knew something was wrong.

Harrington, an education major, was last seen Saturday night. She mysteriously disappeared when she became separated from two friends at a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia.

Police found her purse, with her ID and cell phone, in the parking lot of the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville -- but there was no trace of the young woman.

Her father, Dr. Dan Harrington, said Morgan was a "homebody" who regularly visited her parents in Roanoke, 35 miles from the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg. He said she dropped in "midweek and most weekends."

Last edited by FystyAngel on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 Empty Re: Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10

Post by Justice4all Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 Empty Re: Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10

Post by FystyAngel Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks for posting that video J4A. I couldn't get it to psot for me.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:54 am

This is so tragic, and scary! All these young girls going missing! What in the world is going on these days? Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 5368 Sad Shocked affraid

I hope they find Morgan soon. However, the fact that her purse was found with her cell phone in it, and the battery removed, it sure doesn't look good.
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Metallica has offered up $50,000 towards the reward for the safe return of Morgan or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Morgan's disappearance. Her parents were already offering $100,000 in reward money. The fact that her purse, with ID and cell have been found does not sound encouraging. I wonder what time the concert started and have her two friends revealed exactly how they were separated? Did she see someone she knew, did she leave for the restroom?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091026/en_afp/entertainmentusmusicmetallicamissing_20091026160614
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I read where she went outside for a cigarette and could not get back in because she had left her ticket inside.

Glad to see the reward so high.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for the info, Jag. I had not read that.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:14 pm

I also heard that she had her ticket on her fridge at home for about six months prior to the concert. She was VERY excited about going to the concert. Making it even more difficult to believe that she would just leave the concert hall on her own feel will. The media is asking anyone who might have any video or pictures from in or around the concert hall, to please contact LE. You never know if she is in the background of one of these, that may be able to help LE.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 am

Missing Tech student reportedly seen on bridge

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 Missin13
Local and state police have been searching for Va. Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, of Roanoke County, Va., since she was reported missing by her parents Oct. 18.

CHARLOTTESVILLE -- The last reported sighting of Morgan D. Harrington was on a bridge over railroad tracks near the John Paul Jones Arena.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, has been missing since Oct. 17, when she disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia's arena.

After receiving about 300 tips about Harrington's movements, Virginia State Police released a new timeline yesterday to draw more tips from the public.

Police say they are very interested in what happened outside the arena, particularly after 9:30 p.m.

According to police, Harrington left her friends to look for a restroom. She then exited the arena and, in an 8:48 p.m. phone conversation with a friend, said she couldn't get back inside. She "stated she would try to get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville," said state police Lt. Joe Rader.

Harrington's father, Dan Harrington, said that his daughter could have known people through either her parents or her brother, a U.Va. graduate, but the possible connections have been checked out.

Police think she stayed near the arena until about 9 p.m.

Between then and 9:10 p.m., a woman matching Harrington's description was seen walking, with her purse, through the University Hall parking area.

In the next 10 minutes, a woman matching her description was seen in the overflow parking area near Lannigan Field. Harrington's purse and cell phone, minus its battery, were found in that area the next morning.

Between about 9:20 and 9:30 Saturday night, someone matching the description was seen on the Copeley Road railroad bridge. "I think the focus is really trying to see if anyone saw anything of Morgan after 9:30 at that Copeley Road-Ivy Road intersection," Dan Harrington said.

State police have confirmed a $100,000 reward through Crime Stoppers, and Metallica is in final negotiations to add $50,000, Dan Harrington said.

Harrington and his wife, Gil, have hired Washington-based Levick Strategic Communications to help spread their message.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/TECH29_20091028-222809/302282/

Related Info
Harrington timeline

A young woman matching Morgan Harrington’s description is seen outside John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17 from about 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.:

8:20-8:30 p.m. Harrington tries to re-enter arena near main entrance.

8:30-8:48 A woman fitting her description is seen outside the arena at various locations.

8:48 Harrington talks to friends by cell phone.

9-9:10 A woman fitting her description is seen walking through University Hall parking lot toward Lannigan Field.

9:10-9:20 A woman fitting her description is seen walking in the overflow lot at Lannigan Field.

9:20-9:30 A woman fitting her description is seen walking on the Copeley Road railroad bridge, between Ivy Road and the track at Lannigan Field. Investigators want to hear from anyone who might have seen a woman fitting her description getting into a vehicle, or anyone who recalls seeing a vehicle stopped in the roadway on Copeley Road that night.

Description: Harringon is 5 feet 6 inches tall and has blond hair. She was wearing a black T-shirt with “Pantera” written on it in tan letters, a black miniskirt, black boots and black tights, and she was carrying a two-strap purse/backpack.

Tips: Call (434) 352-3467 or e-mail bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov .

SOURCE: Virginia State Police
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Parents of missing Va. student fear foul play
Morgan Harrington became separated from her friends at Oct. 17 concert

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:43 a.m. ET, Tues., Oct . 27, 2009

The parents of a 20-year-old college student who disappeared at a Metallica concert aren’t kidding themselves: Even as they cling to hope that she’ll return to them unharmed, they admit that the most likely explanation of why she’s missing involves foul play.

“Nothing else makes sense,” Morgan Harrington’s mother, Gil Harrington, told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Tuesday from her Virginia home.

The blond-haired, blue-eyed young woman went to the concert on Saturday, Oct. 17. At 8:40, she called her friends in the arena at the University of Virginia to say she’d gone to the bathroom and ended up outside the building without her ticket stub. She said she couldn’t get back in but told them not to worry; she would find a ride home on her own.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

“Then she vanishes from sight, which is scary to us as parents,” Gil Harrington said. “Also, Halloween is in a couple of days. Somebody is or was in the Charlottesville area who takes young women. We have to keep working on this and find our daughter and find this person and make our community safer.”

No survivor’s guilt
Vieira asked Gil and her husband, Dan Harrington, if they wonder what they or Morgan’s friends could have done differently that might have kept their daughter safe. Dan Harrington replied that both he and his wife work in the medical industry, where they can’t afford to think that way.

“Any time there’s a bad outcome in a hospital, there’s not just one thing that happens, that in the many steps of an event, if one thing had been different, we could have had a different outcome,” he said.

His wife agreed that such thinking is counterproductive.

“I think it’s important that we don’t fall into survivor’s guilt,” Gil Harrington said. “We need to be moving forward and direct all of our energies at this point into finding Morgan while people’s memories are still fresh.”

Dutiful daughter
Young adults sometimes disappear intentionally, but the Harringtons were uncommonly close to their daughter. A student at Virginia Tech, about 35 miles from her parents, she talked to her father every day and trusted him with her computer passwords and the key to her apartment. She also spoke with her mother daily and frequently returned home to visit.

On Saturday, Oct. 17, Morgan Harrington spent the day at home planning with her mother what she was going to wear to the Metallica concert she planned to attend at the University of Virginia.

Such days were the norm for the family, Gil (pronounced “Jill”) Harrington told Robach in a previous TODAY interview on Saturday.

“It was a regular day for us: got up, made tea, had coffee, chatted some, showed the outfits, showed me how she was going to do her makeup,” the mother recalled.

TODAY
Morgan Harrington phoned her friends Oct. 17 from outside John Paul Jones Arena to say she could not get back into the Metallica concert and would find her own way home. She has not been heard from since.
Morgan went with friends to the concert. Sometime between 8:30 and 9 p.m., she called her friends to say she had gone to the restroom and ended up outside John Paul Jones Arena on the University of Virgina campus in Charlottesville. She told them she wasn’t allowed back in and would find another way home.

The next day, her phone and purse were found in a parking lot near the arena. Morgan, who never went anywhere without her cell phone, hasn’t been seen since.

“We have a purse and we have a cell phone. We have a missing girl,” Lt. Joe Rader of the Virginia State Police told reporters last week. “We do not know whether she is alive or has met some ill fate.”

‘Worst nightmare’
The parents don’t know why Morgan left the building or decided to find her own way home, saying that wasn’t the way she normally operated. But they also said that kids aren’t always ruled by logic.
Metallica has put Morgan Harrington’s information on their Web site under the headline “One of Our Fans Is Missing.”

“Kids are impulsive,” Gil Harrington told Vieira. “I don’t know if she met up with another friend or so-called friend. I am reassured that she was not lost in a big crowd inside, that we do have contact with her from outside. She gave the message to her friends that she was OK and could get a ride, and that’s our last communication ... Kids at this age believe that everybody is their friend.”

The couple said they have gotten strength from the support and prayers of friends. And they maintain hope.

“You have to hold out hope that Morgan will come back to us,” Dan Harrington told Vieira. “This is probably a parent’s worse nightmare. No one ever expects to be in this situation. We have to hold out hope that we’re going to see our daughter again.

TODAY
Her parents, Gil and Dan Harrington, described Morgan as a “wonderful person.”
“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship. She goes to school only 35 miles from here. We’ve been able to have daily contact with her. She’s a wonderful person.”

Boosted by a $50,000 pledge from Metallica, there is a $150,000 reward for information that helps find Morgan Harrington. Police ask anyone with information to call 434-352-3467.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/ns/today-today_people/
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:29 pm

How frightening. Women who are abducted are often deprived of their personal belongings, but someone also was able to remove the battery from her cell. Does that mean there was more than one person involved, one to restrain the victim and the other to dispose of evidence.
Wonder what her cell phone records are going to disclose. I hope and pray that she returns but this does not appear to be a hopeful situation.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 pm

I also just heard it being reported that a witness saw her walking near a bridge with a small amount of blood on her chin. They were talking about it not being consistant with a mugging but more consistant with a fall of some sort. Maybe, just maybe this young lady will be found ok. Just maybe she fell and hit her head or soemthing & just doesn't know who she is. I just posted a few days ago about a young woman who couldn't remember who she was and her family was found. She was in NY (I believe) but she was from MD.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 am

I hope & pray that Morgan will be found soon, and reunited with her family. I still worry about the battery in her cell phone being removed. Shocked affraid I believe LE doesn't want to release details, because, it would compromise their investigation. sucker
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:50 am

This is another sad story... We hear far too many times....

Clearly, ppl in the community have been made aware, and the word is out. The few tips that have been made to LE are all they have to go on. In any missing person case, we hear so often about sightings and hold on to them as strong possibilities.. Look at how many there were of Caylee and Haleigh.

There was a clip of a girl who was dressed very similar and had the same type of hairdoo, at the concert, where even her parents considered this girl to be Morgan at first but have now said it was not her...

I for one, think the only reason Morgan exited the stadium is because she was forced too and then told to call her friends and tell them she is outside, so the perp cud have a longer getaway time.....

Immediately after the call, her cell cud have been taken where the battery was removed and discarded...

I doubt that she wud have left the building for any reason, unless it was by force...

She knew that she wud not have been allowed bak in, and there wud have been no reason for her to exit.... The phone call to her friends inside is baffling.. number one, I cant see how easy it wud have been to hear her, and I also wonder if Morgan left a message or actually talked to a friend inside this noisy audtorium, with Metallica, blaring in the background....I wud like this friend to be able to shed more light on this alleged call.... I do not suspect that the frineds were involved in anyway, I just want to hear more about it and I wonder how easily one wud be heard on a cell phone during the concert.....I wonder how thoroughly the security workers have been cheked as the father said he didnt even think LE had interviewed all of them... WTH???

And I also think that 50k put up by metallica is an insult.. they are all mutimillionaires over and over.....
That reward should be upped to nothing less than a million dollars !!!! Someone knows something, and I do believe money talks....

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm

It's been reported that she went outside to have a cigarette. I wonder why she was alone since it seems like many young women who are out with friends take someone with them when they go to the bathroom, or go outside to have a smoke. It doesn't make much sense to me that she told her friends she would find another way home. She may have been forced to make that call because you would think she would have asked one of her friends to bring her ticket stub down to the entrance so she could get back in.

I agree that the reward should be upped. Even if nobody saw anything, one of the perp's friends or relatives may eventually discover something suspicious, or even be told what happened to Morgan. Then the money might be incentive for them to talk.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Since Morgan went missing, I have heard the updates, although I didnt go delving for all the information until today... Like many stories, its almost impossible to believe every word you read, so sticking with the parent interviews and LE updates, along with reading from only reputable news agency are a few things I do when researching a case especially when there are no docs...

I see that CBS has said that Morgan went for a cigarette, outside and left her ticket inside... CBS also says that it was her friends who were the ones making the call to Morgan, when she didnt return...(I have been under the impression that Morgan phoned her friends).... and also reportedly, that Morgan instructed them not too wait up for her.....and that she wud find her own way home....

I will provide the link below.. if this is the case, then I have been mislead in what transpired... There are so many things wrong with this scenario....

As far as I know..there have been no public interviews or statements made from any of the friends..so we have to go on hearsay...The father appears to be convinced that the frineds have told all they know and he doesnt think any of their actions were unusual..

If Morgan had a purse with her ..where wud her ticket stub be??? If it was reported lost or thrown out at the time of entry, I havent heard that...

Leaving for a smoke by herself in the mid of an anticipated concert, is strange also...

If it was her friends that phoned Morgan, how long had Morgan been gone b4 calling her? Were these girls talking to the people around them???? Cud one of the ppl around her, have suggested they go out for a smoke? Were they standing in general admission and if not have the ppl in the close proximity of reserved seats been contacted and checked out? It seems absurd, that her friends wud have easily succumbed to Morgans excuse that she wasnt allowed bak in without the friends putting up a huge stink by asking her exactly where she is and that they wud be coming to her rescue at once, to get her bak inside and carry on with the night....

Did the friends see anyone walking behind Morgan, as she left....

On account that it is reported in this article that Morgan told the friends not to wait up for her, it seems as though they were going to be spending the entire night together, sleeping over somewhere....so at who's place were they supposed to be sleeping at? Did any of the frineds try caling her throughout the whole night? How long went by before any of the frineds tried calling er again...

How wud it not have been severely weird to hear your friend instruct you to " not wait up" , and that you will make your way home alright????? It sounds strange that a friend wud think that this is normal, and not be probing and prodding as to what the hell is going on???? Even at that age... Its also strange that one girl (out of a group) wud be volentarily going outside to smoke all alone???

On account of the strange events, it seems like there is something about Morgan's lifestyle, that we arent being told about, as nothing in that story is consistant with being a nrmal 20 yr old with a handful of close friends..

Im not suggesting that I think that the frineds are responsible in any way, however we sure arent being told much. On account that none f them have come forward, and that the mom and dad are tight lipped too about that evening, we really dont have anything to go on...

I suspect that the friends have told LE all they know, and it seems pretty certain, that wherever Morgan went, at some point was against her will, and has prolly met with foul play... and by someone who was known to her.. Her phone records are prolly the biggest clue as well as any past and present men in her life.. I doubt and sightings of Morgan are valid...and I hope they have cheked all the dumpsters in that area and the local landfill..

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:r3Th4gEoqCEJ:www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/21/crimesider/entry5405868.shtml+cigarette+%22morgan%22+dana&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:22 pm

I don't have much to offer on this at all. I just wanted to add that I am a smoker, UNFORTUNATELY, and I can tell you from experience, it's not odd if she went out to have a smoke. I took my daughter to a Jonas Brothers concert and it was only a few hours. But I did have to go outside to smoke. Although, where we were, you didn't have to go outside of the arena. It was just outside of where the seating area was. So, it's possible maybe none of her friends smoked and they didn't want to go with her. So, she went out with the intention on having a quick smoke. She could have just said she was going to the rest room. I don't know. I just think it is very sad. I hope and pray she is found very soon. As much as I would hate to hear she was injured, I'm hoping it as someone suggested and she maybe hit her head and doesn't know who she is right now. It is a long shot but a possibility.
I hope this will be a message to young people to NEVER allow one friend to go anywhere alone, even for a minute. Just as we have to protect our kids, we need our kids to know they also need to look out for one another when they go out together. Another reason to know who our kids are with, as much as possible anyway.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:09 am

I find it strange that she didn't have her ticket stub with her...especially since she had a purse.Most kids save their ticket stubs from concerts as suveniors.
I also find it strange that her friends would think she would find another way home.Maybe they had an arguement.It still seems like she would stay for the concert though.
Did she leave before it even started? If so,she probably had just had a cigarette or used the restroom before she went in.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Interesting updates on Morgan...it's been stated she was last seen by members for the UVA basketball team, now VA State Police are claiming she was seen hitchhiking on the Copley Bridge...

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/13/morgan-harrington-case-state-police-say-she-was-hitchhiking/
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Blink on Crime has posted this Breaking Update. Neither body (one confirmed female) has yet been identified as Morgan..... let's all pray neither is her.

Morgan Harrington Case: 2 Unidentfied Bodies Found in Different Locations (Updated)

Posted by Blink
Tuesday 17 November 2009 11:48 am

Breaking News

Roanoke, VA Laurel, MD– Two bodies of unidentified individuals, one confirmed female, were found this morning in Roanoke, VA and Laurel MD, respectively.

The remains in Roanoke, which is also the town Morgan Harrington’s family home is located, were spotted by a coal train employee near the tracks under the Wasena Bridge. The Medical Examiner is on the scene and it is believed to be the body of a female.

Read the rest:
http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/17/morgan-harrington-case-2-unidentfied-bodies-found-in-different-locations-updated/

Last edited by Snaz on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Story about one of the bodies found:

Body Found In Laurel Trash Compactor

LAUREL, Md. (WUSA) -- Police in Prince George's County are investigating the discovery of a body at a recycling plant in Laurel.

Officer Henry Tippett, spokesperson for Prince George's County Police, says the body, which appears to be an adult, was found in a trash compactor at the Encore Recycling Plant in the 13200 block of Virginia Manor Road.

Tippett says the gruesome discovery was made sometime before 6:15 Tuesday morning.

Homicide investigators are on the scene, however police are classifying the incident as a suspicious death.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93813
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Body found in trash compactor at Laurel recycling plant
Prince George's police still investigating, but have not yet ruled death a homicide

by Megan McKeever | Staff Writer

An unidentified body was found inside a trash compactor Tuesday morning at a Laurel recycling plant, Prince George's police said.

An employee of Encore Recycling, located at 13200 Virginia Manor Road, found the body around 6 a.m. and called 911, said police spokesman Henry Tippett. The death has not yet been ruled a homicide.

Cause of death has not been determined, but Tippett said no bullet or stab wounds were immediately visible. It remains unclear how long the body may have been in the trash compactor, Tippett said, adding he is not sure how often the compactor is emptied.

"It was inside of a trash compactor, so there may be extensive damage to the body," he said.

By 10 a.m. police had yet have to determine the gender or approximate age of the victim, and Tippett said investigators remained on scene.

An employee of Encore Recycling who answered the phone Tuesday morning said managers declined to comment.

Tippett said he did not know if Encore Recycling had security cameras.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/11172009/prinnew101856_32561.shtml
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

This is the second body found in Roanoke, the one confirmed as a female.... they do not believe it is Morgan. Thank goodness. But there's still the first body found in the trash compactor.....

Police: Body found in Roanoke as missing Va. Tech student case continues

Media General News Service
Published: November 17, 2009

Update: State police now say they don’t believe it’s the body of Harrington, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

As the case of a missing Virginia Tech student entered into its second month, authorities today are investigating the discovery of a body in Roanoke.

Authorities said a body discovered near Norfolk Southern railroad tracks shortly after daybreak in Roanoke appeared to be that of a female.

Roanoke police detectives and a medical examiner were called to the scene.

Virginia State Police, the lead agency investigating the disappearance of Morgan Dana Harrington, was aware of this morning’s discovery and was looking into the matter, agency spokeswoman Corinne Geller said. Geller said she had no other details.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student from Roanoke, has been missing since the night of Oct. 17, when she attended a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. ¶

Investigators believe Harrington was hitchhiking before she disappeared.

Today’s discovery of the body in Roanoke marks at least the third time investigators have checked into the possibility that it may be Harrington.

Shortly after Harrington’s disappearance, a body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway outside Asheville, N.C., and a badly burned female body was found Sunday, this time in Kings Mountain State Park in South Carolina. In each case, authorities found no indication it was Harrington.

Harrington was wearing a black T-shirt with “Pantera” in tan letters, a black mini-skirt, black tights and knee-high black boots. She had a Swarovski crystal necklace on, with large crystal chain links. She is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/police_body_found_in_roanoke_as_missing_va._tech_student_case_continues/48996/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm

These words are from the Harrington family blog, written by Morgan's mother, Gil. What an amazingly strong woman.

Updated Blog by Gil Harrington (11/17)
ON NOVEMBER - 17 - 2009

People want a happy ending. The happy ending might not come. Instead what they get might be a take home message and a modeling of how people can proceed through a tragedy with dignity. I believe there is a shift as a country towards community: we are seeking and feeling reconnection and intimacy.

I don’t know how to do this, though.

We know a surgeon who had his fingers burned off. He didn’t know how to operate with the pads of his digits but he learned, as we can learn this. I believe there are heroes among us- I am not a Pollyanna. I also recognize that evil exists. The trick is to choose not to let it defeat you. And you do so by living well, not letting this tragedy poison your life. Using your pain to open yourself to others’ pain and be more compassionate, make more connections rather than pull away from the world.

Acknowledging and sharing in the joys of your colleagues and friends is what makes life rich and worth living. Holding others up when tragedy hits, as we are being held. If you let the loss ruin your life you let the guys who snatched Morgan win, you let evil win- I cannot let that happen. Our planned circumscribed picture of a life has been fractured, but the shards can be re-arranged into a mosaic; different and abstract now, but still beautiful and precious. How to do this?
FAMILY BLOG
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:54 pm

How heartbreaking! How on earth do we follow a post like hers? I can't imagine "not knowing" where my child was or "how" she was, or even "what happened" to her!

What an incredible woman & what strength in her faith. Looks like she could teach us all a few things. Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 643974
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Interesting new article at Blink on Crime:

Morgan Harrington Case: Separating Fact From Fiction Part I

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/19/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-part-i/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Morgan Harrington Case: Separating Fact From Fiction From Facebook Part II

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/20/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-from-facebook-part-ii/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

No sign of missing Virginia Tech student after I-64 search

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news/state_regional/article/no_sign_of_missing_virginia_tech_student_after_i-64_search/16403/

Virginia State Police searched a 2-mile stretch of Interstate 64 in Albemarle County yesterday morning for evidence in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington.

About a dozen troopers spent a couple of hours searching along a median between mile markers 112 and 114, said state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller. The troopers were not acting on a specific tip, and their search turned up nothing useful to the case.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 after she was separated from friends while attending a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. Someone matching Harrington’s description was spotted hitchhiking that evening along a bridge near the arena.

The stretch of I-64 searched by troopers today is just west of Charlottesville.

“We wanted to go back and re-canvass that area,“ Geller said.

Authorities have received about 600 leads in the case.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm

These are words written by Morgan's mother, Gil..... it breaks my heart.

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from December 20th.
On December - 29 - 2009

The snowfall is beautiful but still disturbing – melancholy. Wonder if Morgan is cold – is snow falling on her face – or is her face covered by leaves in a shallow grave being hidden by the snow. I glance out the window and see the crimson blaze of a cardinal at the bird feeder – my heart leaps for a second at the beauty – then I think its feathers look like blood in the snow. Is that what Morgan’s blood looks like in the snow? See how the pitfalls are everywhere – even at the bird feeder.

I try very hard to remain positive and hopeful to see Morgan coming home. I envision our reunion – feel her body as I hug her tightly. I imagine Dan’s delight as we put her in the car to bring her back home. At times, I can see it so clearly it almost feels real. Other times I consider that Morgan might be loaded on a gurney – not our car and brought back to Roanoke – not to our home but to the Medical Examiners Lab here.

I pray that is not the end to this crisis.

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-december-20th
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 pm

This is the blog written by the Morgan's mother....

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Sad
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:46 pm

The Strength of Morgan Harrington's Parents in the Face of Adversity
January 18, 2010

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2601787/the_strength_of_morgan_harringtons.html?cat=47

Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, disappeared on October 17, 2009 around 9:30 pm. She was attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, VA. Somehow, during the concert, she was separated from her friends and ended up outside the arena. From there, we don't know exactly what happened. A number of witnesses have come forward to say that they have seen women fitting Morgan's description outside the arena and finally, on the Copeley Bridge, possibly hitchhiking.

Most of this information is readily available to anyone who cares to enter her name into a search engine, so I won't be going into the details of the timeline.

Instead, I would rather focus on the parents who have remained strong in the face of this tragedy.

Dan Harrington is her father. The internet community at FindMorgan.com and the Help Find Morgan facebook site began reaching out to Dr. Harrington and he reciprocated by reaching back. Dr. Harrington seems to be a man of few words, however, he often offers words of gratitude to those on the sites who continue to keep his daughter's name before the general public. He praises those who offer positive words of comfort and those who ask the difficult questions that need to be answered. He is a welcome presence among the armchair detectives, who otherwise may feel ridiculed and unappreciated. Dr. Harrington is able to see that these people are trying to help and he appreciates any and all help that may bring his precious daughter home. A message from Dr. Harrington is often all that is needed to keep these sleuths enthusiastic and so, ultimately, Morgan's name remains steady and strong among a large group of people.

Gil Harrington is Morgan's mother. She is keeping a journal of her thoughts as she processes this horrific ordeal. She allows these entries to be shared at FindMorgan.com. It is a penetrating look into the heart of a grieving and sometimes angry mother. It is unfathomable for most parents to even consider the loss of a child. It is a thought that is avoided. Reading Gil's journal entries leaves no room for denial of the heart break of loss. However, she makes us all feel that we can deal with life's inevitable challenges with love and authenticity.

Mrs. Harrington is a very strong woman who has the heart of a lion for her daughter.

Apart from showing us this tremendous love for her daughter, she has shown us all a better way to deal with adversity. Through strength, love and faith, Gil Harrington shows us that we do not have to cower to hate and anger. We can rise above it and replace the hate with hope and strength.

Together, these parents help us all to feel that when faced with the worst that life can bring, we can remain strong and loving. We can keep our highest hopes while accepting comfort from our friends, family and even complete strangers.

Go to FindMorgan.com for details regarding Morgan. There is a tip line there. If you have seen anything that you feel may be connected to this dear girl, please call it in.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 pm

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/234362

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:39 pm

father called to scene............ press conference later today:
http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11882052
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 pm

uh..ohh... Shocked
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 pm

I hope the body they found at that farm isn't Morgan. This has got to be a nightmare for her parents.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Oh, no. My gut tells me this is probably Morgan.... but even if it is not... it is someone's loved one. Morgan's parents must be terrified, but I suppose it is better than going through life without knowing where she is and what happened to her.

I pray for God to give them strength. They have shown so much grace in their grief.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm

UPDATE: Body Found in Albemarle
Parents of Morgan Harrington arrive to confirm whether remains are their daughter; CBS 6's Catie Beck talks to the man who discovered the remains on his property.

Catie Beck and Misti Davidson
January 26, 2010

ALBEMARLE COUNTY - The parents of Morgan Harrington have arrived in the Charlottesville area. They tell CBS 6 they are there to identify the skeletal remains found in Albemarle County this morning.

An Albemarle County resident found the remains Tuesday morning at a private residence called Anchorage Farm on Anchorage Farm Road in the southern region of Albemarle County. The farm is ten miles from the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville where 20-year-old Morgan Harrington was last seen at a Metallica concert October 17.

When we spoke to Dan Harrington, Morgan's father, he was in tears, telling CBS 6 "this is a horrible day" for his family.

The lead investigator in the Harrington disappearance case, Lt. Joe Rader, is also on the scene.

CBS 6's Catie Beck spoke to David Dass, who discovered the remains on his property. Dass, a farmer and owner of Anchorage Farm, says after the wind and rain last week there were several downed trees in his yard. He was out looking for possible damage to make repairs in a remote area of his property, when he spotted the body.

He said the area would be next to impossible to access from a road, since it's at least a mile and a half from the roadway.

He said at first he didn't know whether the remains were human or animal, describing them as very badly decomposed. "I looked down and saw what looked like a human skull and my first thought was that it was Morgan Harrington," said Dass. He said the skull had no hair on it and he couldn't tell from looking whether the remains were male or female.

He immediately went inside and called 911, telling a dispatcher, "I'm not even sure if this is a human body, but I think so."

Dass told CBS6, "We're a small, rural family and we've never had any trespassers. Now in dealing with this tragedy, of a dead person and at the same time [wondering] if this is Morgan Harrington, a part of me thinks this is something good for people to know."

He said police confirmed right away that it was a human body, but he has not received any additional information.

Virginia State Police have not confirmed the identity of the remains and will hold a news conference this evening at 5:00pm.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtvr-body-found-albemarle-100126,0,496709.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Sad
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm

I feel that authorities must have some degree of certainty to send for her parents. I think we all need to say a little prayer for her mom and dad. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm

I agree, kh...... Sad
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 pm

OMG... it is Morgan..... they are confident... remains being transferred for autopsy.... then they will know with 100% surety.

Officials just announced it at the press conference.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Just watched the 5PM update...they are pretty certain that it is her...based on articles found with the skeletized remains...However positive identification will come later...They are talking about nthe search now..
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

This is from the family blog written by Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother. It was posted earlier today. This breaks my heart.....

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from Janaury 24th
On January - 26 - 2010

January 24, 2010

3 months! Despite the length of time Morgan has been gone I remain hopeful. Part of me is waiting to be surprised. Waiting for God to pull the rabbit out of the hat and bring Morgan home.

I remember that the light always returns, it cannot help but return. Wil the light of my life return soon? I cannot imagine that all the water of Morgan’s potential is to run down the drain and be wasted. Can it really play out like that?

Come home soon baby. 2 4 1

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Officials: "fairly confident" body of Morgan Harrington found on Albemarle Co. farm
UPDATE: At press conference, State Police said they are "fairly confident" the body of Morgan Harrington was found, but they would not confirm the body's identity for sure until positive identity could be made.

By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morgan Harrington -- Found Deceased 1/26/10 0126_albemarle
AP - Police are currently scrutinizing the skeletal remains of a body found on Anchorage Farm in southern Albemarle County. The farm is located about 10 miles southwest of the University of Virginia campus, where missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington was last seen.

Police say they are "fairly confident" that skeletal remains found on a Virginia farm are likely those of a Virginia Tech student who vanished after attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

State Police Superintendent Steve Flaherty says an autopsy will be conducted to confirm that the remains are those of Morgan Harrington, who disappeared on Oct. 17.

The 20-year-old Roanoke woman became separated from friends after she left a concert arena and was denied re-entry.

The skeletal remains were found Tuesday morning by a farmer surveying his farm. The farm is about 10 miles from where Harrington attended the concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville.

Gil and Dan Harrington, Morgan Harrington's parents, had arrived at the Virginia State Police office in Albemarle County earlier.

David H. Bass is the owner of Anchorage Farm, the property where the body was found. Bass said he found the "seriously decomposed body" this morning at 8:30 a.m. in a part of his cow pasture that he rarely visits. He was checking the area this morning because of the recent heavy rains. Bass said authorities have asked him not to speak to the media.

Virginia Tech President Charles Steger released a statement following the news conference.

"For more than three months, the entire Virginia Tech community, along with thousands upon thousands around the world, has held out hope for the safe return of Morgan Harrington," he said. "Sadly, today’s news from Albemarle County has put an end to that hope, and once again, we find our strength and resilience tested in the face of profound grief and loss."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/234362

Last edited by Snaz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 pm

I was afraid of that. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:42 pm

State Police: "Confident" Remains Are Those of Morgan Harrington
Parents assist in indentfication. CBS 6's Catie Beck talks to farmer who discovered the remains on his property.

Catie Beck and Misti Davidson
January 26, 2010

ALBEMARLE COUNTY - At a 5pm news conference, Virginia State Police announced the discovery of the body of Morgan Harrington, saying they are "fairly comfortable with that conclusion."

An autopsy, now pending, will confirm her identity.

Col. W. Steven Flaherty said items and evidence found on site indicate the remains are that of Harrington. He said Morgan's parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, were on hand to make the tentative identification. He indicated the search for her, underway since October 17 of last year, was now over.

Lt. Joe Rader, the lead investigator, said the area where the remains were discovered was not in the areas they had been searching in. He added, however, that the missing person case was now most likely a homicide. He said it was imperatIve to maintaion the sanctity of the crime scene, since he said the perpetrator, or perpetrators, were still at large.

He would not characterize the state of the remains.

The Harringtons arrived in the Charlottesville area in the early afternoon. They had told CBS 6 they were there to identify skeletal remains that had been found in Albemarle County Tuesday morning. When speaking, Morgan's father Dan was in tears, telling CBS 6 "this is a horrible day" for his family.

An Albemarle County resident found the remains Tuesday morning at a private residence called Anchorage Farm on Anchorage Farm Road in the southern region of Albemarle County. The farm is ten miles from the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville where 20-year-old Morgan Harrington was last seen at a Metallica concert October 17.

CBS 6's Catie Beck spoke to David Dass, who discovered the remains on his property. Dass, a farmer and owner of Anchorage Farm, says after the wind and rain last week there were several downed trees in his yard. He was out looking for possible damage to make repairs in a remote area of his property, when he spotted the body.

He said the area would be next to impossible to access from a road, since it's at least a mile and a half from the roadway.

He said at first he didn't know whether the remains were human or animal, describing them as very badly decomposed. "I looked down and saw what looked like a human skull and my first thought was that it was Morgan Harrington," said Dass. He said the skull had no hair on it and he couldn't tell from looking whether the remains were male or female.

He immediately went inside and called 911, telling a dispatcher, "I'm not even sure if this is a human body, but I think so."

Dass told CBS6, "We're a small, rural family and we've never had any trespassers. Now in dealing with this tragedy, of a dead person and at the same time [wondering] if this is Morgan Harrington, a part of me thinks this is something good for people to know."

He said police confirmed right away that it was a human body, but he has not received any additional information.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtvr-body-found-albemarle-100126,0,496709.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Morgan's mother posted this, her thoughts of January 12, on January 19........ my heart hurts for her.

Anger and frustration mount as the days add up. I remind myself that this is not in my hands and that the truth cannot be hidden forever – it will out. I pray that the truth of this crime shows itself while Morgan is still alive. I have no interest in recovering a body. I would rather not know and always have some morsel of hope.

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-january-12th
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 pm

It would have been torture for Morgan's parents to see her body in that condition. I hope the authorities only showed them the clothing and not the skeleton.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Oh, me too, J4A...... I heard tonight it was clothing and a bracelet... let's hope that's all.....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 am

Her poor parents.... Sad

Rest In Peace Morgan.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next