Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled)

+4
randilynn
Julie
Dis
Snaz
8 posters

Go down

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) Empty Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled)

Post by Snaz Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Casey Anthony’s Check Fraud Trial Delayed

Monday, January 18, 2010 2:15:29 PM
Reported by Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s check fraud trial was supposed to start Jan. 25.

However, News 13 has learned the trial isn’t going to happen next week.

Anthony is facing charges of stealing checks from her friend Amy Huizenga.

There are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue.

Sources also told News 13 certain depositions still haven't been taken.

Those same sources said a court hearing connected to Anthony's murder case scheduled for this week also will not take place.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/18/casey_anthonys_check_fraud_case_delayed.html

Check-fraud trial delayed, Central Florida News 13 reports

posted by halboedeker on January, 18 2010 1:42 PM

Jan. 25 was the date that Casey Anthony’s check-fraud trial was supposed to start.

Yet Central Florida News 13 on its Web site says it has learned “the trial isn’t going to happen” and headlines the the trial has been delayed. The station didn’t cite sources for the information.

On the air, Central Florida News 13 anchor Adam Longo said the station had learned the check-fraud trial has been delayed because certain motions, such as a change of venue, haven’t been heard. Anthony faces charges of stealing checks from a friend.

In Anthony’s murder case, Central Florida News 13 cited sources who say a hearing scheduled for this week won’t happen. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/01/casey-anthony-check-fraud-trial-delayed-central-florida-news-13-reports.html

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) Empty Re: Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled)

Post by Snaz Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

BTW, in case some of you aren't aware.....

AL has a book signing scheduled in Chicago the night before the pre-trial hearing was scheduled in Orlando....

Jan 20 - 6:00 p.m.
Barnes and Noble
Chicago, IL

I think she knew the pre-trial hearing was NOT going to happen. She would have had a pretty difficult time with a book signing in Chicago starting at 6:00 p.m. on January 20, and still try to be in Orlando for a 10:00 a.m. hearing the next morning, January 21. Not impossible, of course, but why would she do that to herself unless she KNEW the hearing would not happen?

The whole defense... they are scumbags. JMO
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) Empty Re: Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled)

Post by Dis Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Blah! That's all I have to say! Blah! Oh and Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 858297
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 pm

I'll put this here too:

No news conferences from the defense side/Casey's family of an "innocent" person rotting away in jail, huh?

Didn't think so.

Silence is golden & speaks volumes!

btw....I agree with Dis, Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 858297
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Apparently, there is no official word on whether or not the pre-trial hearing has been postponed along with the fraud trial:

Casey Anthony fraud case: Trial next week likely will be delayed

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel
3:25 p.m. EST, January 18, 2010

Casey Anthony's fraud case set for trial next week will likely be delayed. There's a slew of motions that haven't been addressed by the court.

Casey Anthony's fraud case set for trial next week will likely be delayed.

There's a slew of motions that haven't been addressed by the court, such as whether the defense can get a change of venue due to the media coverage. And, the defense has not interviewed the victim, Amy Huizenga, under oath yet.

Prosecutors and Anthony's defense team will appear at a pre-trial hearing Thursday to address some of these issues.

The court and the State Attorney's Office are closed today due to the holiday.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has not officially delayed the trial, which is scheduled to begin on Monday.

Anthony, 23, faces more than a dozen counts of check fraud charges. She's accused of taking and writing $682 in checks that belong to her friend, Huizenga.

Anthony is also indicted on first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December 2008 in woods near the family's home. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in that case.

She remains in the Orange County Jail without bond.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-hearing-delayed-20100118,0,4803524.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:45 pm

GRRR...

i REALLY hope strickland nails it to the defense.. this is a redonkulous effort to delay the check fraud case until AFTER the murder case, and i hope their little stunt is called back into their faces.

so... i am kinda confused??.. sorry, studying is in full swing now, so you will all have to bear with me being dim at least until MAY!!!! WHAT is going to happen now on thursday??
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Julie wrote:I'll put this here too:

No news conferences from the defense side/Casey's family of an "innocent" person rotting away in jail, huh?

Didn't think so.

btw....I agree with Dis, Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 858297

amen julie.. and might i add .... Evil or Very Mad

if YOU were innocent, and wanted out of the slammer, would YOU allow your defense to lollygag around while your ever widening ASS sat in a jail cell... i think NOT!!!
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:48 pm

randilynn wrote:GRRR...

i REALLY hope strickland nails it to the defense.. this is a redonkulous effort to delay the check fraud case until AFTER the murder case, and i hope their little stunt is called back into their faces.

so... i am kinda confused??.. sorry, studying is in full swing now, so you will all have to bear with me being dim at least until MAY!!!! WHAT is going to happen now on thursday??

Of course, Snaz can tell you better but it appears that it's going to be some of the Motions gone over.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Because the court is closed today, Thursday's hearing is still on the court calendar. I will check it again tomorrow to see if the hearing is still on for Thursday.

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) Qou78j

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

randilynn wrote:
Julie wrote:I'll put this here too:

Didn't think so.

amen julie.. and might i add .... Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 474291

if YOU were innocent, and wanted out of the slammer, would YOU allow your defense to lollygag around while your ever widening ASS sat in a jail cell... i think NOT!!!

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 133536 Nope, I'd be clinging my metal cup on the cell bars.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 pm

OH BROTHER! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Well, I hope that the Judge KNOWS about the book signing. If it is the defense's delay, Strickland should nail their asses and NOT delay it.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:38 pm

No fault to Judge S. He has been extremely careful... he will allow the (millions of) motions without predjucice. I am glad I don't have his job. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing Delayed

Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010
Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.

In this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case goes to trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

I will confirm this on the court calendar tomorrow.....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Gee AJ, I hope I live long enough to see the outcome of the murder case...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 am

Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 693120 Murder Case Pre-Trial Hearing (1-21-10 Cancelled) 922384

You can do it Estee, you can do it!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am

I hope Judge Strickland strikes the motion and proceeds as scheduled. This is getting ridiculous.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 am

I'm with you there, Piper...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am

Hearing is still on the court docket as this moment........ I'll keep checking back to see if it changes.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 pm

honestly, i think this is a case of "the dog ate my homework"..

it doesnt work for me, and it certainly shouldnt work for them... THEY are responsible for getting their depos done in preparation for trial.... the date was NOT a secret, they knew it was coming..

i say preceed as scheduled, they need to learn a lesson on time management... and intitlement issues..
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Snaz wrote:BTW, in case some of you aren't aware.....

AL has a book signing scheduled in Chicago the night before the pre-trial hearing was scheduled in Orlando....

Jan 20 - 6:00 p.m.
Barnes and Noble
Chicago, IL

I think she knew the pre-trial hearing was NOT going to happen. She would have had a pretty difficult time with a book signing in Chicago starting at 6:00 p.m. on January 20, and still try to be in Orlando for a 10:00 a.m. hearing the next morning, January 21. Not impossible, of course, but why would she do that to herself unless she KNEW the hearing would not happen?

The whole defense... they are scumbags. JMO

I hate to quote myself, but..........

(Snipped from an article posted on the fraud trial thread:)

Also, a hearing to determine the status of her murder trial will not be held this week, as previously planned.

Both cases will be the subject of a hearing (scheduled for Monday at 1:30 p.m. EST) before Judge Stan Strickland. There are still several motions to be discussed, including change of venue for both trials.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22264076/detail.html

I posted upthread that AL had a book signing scheduled for the 20th at 6:00 p.m. in CHICAGO..... I'm wondering if the court schedule is being altered to fit HER schedule. After all, the Judge did so for something at a previous hearing (I can't remember what specifically).

Also, does anyone think it could be possible that KC is pleading guilty to the charges against her in the fraud case since they have SO much evidence on video??? Maybe the defense has come to their senses and feel it would look better to plead guilty than to be FOUND guilty. Because she WILL be found guilty... and that WILL come into the murder trial.

Just some thoughts, and all JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't think the crazy woman will plead guilty to anything. I just can't see her "admitting" to absolutely anything whatsoever, but, JMO, LOL.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm

ya see....I knew AL had her hands in there somewhere...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:19 pm

if she pleads guilty, it must be to all charges against her... there is no, um... i'll take that one, not that one, well.... that one is okay... it is all or none.

if she pleads not guilty, there CAN be a trial by judge.. the defense can waive her right to a jury trial and take their chances with a judge. ..

the only way she can plead to lesser charges is if the prosecution initiates a plea deal... offering her reduced charges for a guilty plea... and i DONT see that happening..

the ONLY way i can see her pleading guilty is if there is a guarantee of a witholding adjudication of guilt ... almost like a probation thing... they will hold a defendants adjudication in leau of them staying out of trouble for a certain amount of time... that will be easy for her, since she is in jail... i have seen this done numerous times on non violent 1st time offenders..

i sure hope this is not the case, because if so, there will be no mention of her prior crimes and character flaws in the murder trial..
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down