Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret

+9
Julie
eva
KariBear
randilynn
Dis
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret Empty Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret

Post by Justice4all Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Casey Case Prosecutors Want To Withhold Info

Posted: 5:47 pm EST February 3, 2010Updated: 5:59 pm EST February 3, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In the case against Casey Anthony Wednesday, prosecutors revealed they want to meet with Judge Stan Strickland privately to get his permission to hold back information from the defense.

Repeatedly, the defense has asked for more information from federal investigators before moving their case forward, but it's unclear whether that's the evidence at issue.

Prosecutors also argued that, if the defense questions every material witness under oath, Casey's trial won't start before May of 2011.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22425689/detail.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret Empty Re: Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret

Post by Snaz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Casey Anthony trial date set

Updated: Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 6:46 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 6:37 PM EST

A major development in the case against Casey Anthony Wednesday as Judge Stan Strickland set a trial date for the first degree murder charges.

It is now set for May 2nd, 2011. That’s about a year after the trial was first supposed to start. There’s no word yet where it will take place.

Prosecutors also filed a new motion asking the judge for a private closed-door meeting without the defense attorneys. Prosecutors say they have new material and information from investigators regarding the case that they don’t want to go be disclosed to the public.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 11, 2008.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/020310-casey-anthony-trial-date
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret Empty Re: Update: State’s secret information no longer needs to be secret

Post by Snaz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Prosecution warns murder trial might not begin before May 2011

posted by halboedeker on February, 3 2010 6:25 PM

The prosecution in the Casey Anthony murder case has asked the judge’s permission to hold back information from the defense, WFTV-Channel 9 reported tonight.

What information? It might be federal investigators’ evidence, which the defense has repeatedly sought, WFTV anchor Martie Salt speculated.

“Prosecutors also argued that if the defense questions every material witness under oath, Casey’s trial won’t start before May 2011,” Salt added.

Casey is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-prosecution-warns-murder-trial-might-not-begin-before-may-2011.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Prosecutors Want Private Hearing, NeJame Reacts To Motion

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:13:00 PM

ORLANDO -- News 13 has just obtained a copy of a motion prosecutors filed in the case late Wednesday afternoon.

In it, prosecutors are asking for a private hearing with the judge.

They don't want the defense present. They don't want Casey Anthony there, and they don't want the public involved.

In the motion, prosecutors say they have received certain materials and information, and they have "good cause" to delay their release.

The defense would have the right to object to this meeting.

NeJame Reacts To Motion

Casey Anthony's defense team wants to know everyone who searched in the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were eventually found.

They'll be heading back to court because they don't think they have all those names.

“The motion is wrong, and they're wrong,” said Mark NeJame, the attorney for Texas EquuSearch.

NeJame fired back Wednesday night at Anthony’s defense team.

A motion filed in late November accuses NeJame and EquuSearch of lying to the judge, saying “Statements made by TES to this court were inaccurate.”

In August 2009, Judge Stan Strickland ordered EquuSearch to turn over a list of 32 people, who were identified as having searched the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found.

However, the defense claims “There were many more than 32 individuals who searched the area on Suburban Drive near Hidden Oaks Elementary School.”

They back it up with two sworn statements from volunteers who said they searched in that area.

“I don't understand the basis of this,” NeJame said. “It’s incorrect. But if that's the way they want to play it, we'll play it out in court.”

NeJame said one of his biggest concerns has been to protect the personal information of the approximately 4,000 searchers who volunteered.

He said his door was open for the defense to examine anything they wanted.

“Come by. Take a look. If you see anything, let us know and we'll bring it to the court,” NeJame said.

NeJame allowed News 13 to examine reports and notes taken by EquuSearch volunteers.

They list team leaders, cell phone numbers of volunteers, details about items found and locations searched.

There are more boxes of notes and reports, and the defense wants them all.

The motion was supposed to be heard at a hearing last week, but was taken off the schedule.

NeJame said he's submitted a list of available dates and thinks the motion may be heard before the end of the month.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

New Motions Filed In Anthony Trial
Prosecution Asks For More Time To Go Over New Evidence

POSTED: 7:04 pm EST February 3, 2010
UPDATED: 7:59 pm EST February 3, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Lawyers in the trial of Casey Anthony have filed two new motions.

In what defense lawyers are calling a rare request, prosecutors have asked to meet behind closed doors with Judge Stan Strickland.

In the motion, the assistant state attorney said the team wants more time to go over new materials and information that has come into the hands of law enforcement. Prosecutors said they want to meet with the judge and ask to delay turning that information over to the defense.

Attorney Richard Hornsby said the state needs to determine how the materials affect the murder case against Anthony. If the information is coming from a new witness, he said the state needs more time to prevent the defense from discrediting or scaring away that person from testifying.

Lawyers have also filed a timeline for the case, which may push the trial back to May 2011. Under the timeline, prosecutors must depose their witnesses by the end of August, while the defense has until Halloween to list who it will call as witnesses.

The defense will have until January to depose their witnesses. Lawyers must also show why the case is being delayed if the deadlines can't be met.

As of Wednesday, Anthony has been in jail for 421 days.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22442934/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 pm

I definitely think there's a huge chance that fingerprints are involved. I hope it isn't a ploy by the state to get Casey to plead because I think they already have enough evidence to get her convicted. It would be huge if DC flipped sides.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 pm

I doubt the State would file a motion to try to have information withheld if they truly didn't have something.... they would probably be in big trouble about that by the Judge.... I just don't think the State is playing games... I never have. They have too much class.

I'm thinking fingerprints!!!!!!

But maybe it is something to do with DC........
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Gee willikers...I go out to visit an old chum of my kids that just started chemo and all hell breaks loose...now I got to catch up...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:29 am

I hope Casey's prints will come, and then her dear Prince Un-Charming attorney will have to see the light.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Here's the motion:

Motion for Incamera Ex Parte Hearing

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/020310%20Casey%20Case%20Motion%20For%20Incamera%20Ex%20Parte%20Hearing.pdf
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:14 pm

I also don't think the state would grandstand. They have no need. And the judge would surely sanction them even though the defense has gotten away with it. For some reason his honor has overlooked a lot of mistakes by the defense but it doesn't bother me. Baez creates great entertainment in an otherwise gruesome case.

I'm also thinking it concerns Dick Casey. There was speculation when his depo didn't happen that it actually had happened but that the state was keeping it to investigate it before releasing it to the defense. That seemed to be the most un-dramatic reason he wasn't deposed that day. Ohhhhhh I hope so. I definitely think Dick was looking for a dead Caylee and he wasn't concerned with contaminating a crime scene. It's clear. We don't want to believe it but why else would he be stabbing trash bags and looking under pavers? Helllllooooooo!!! I'm excited too, I think it's the smoking canon, cuz I think they already have a whole closet full of smoking guns. I don't need to list them, we all know what they are. If not for the publicity and an idiot lawyer this case would have been pled out a year ago or a lot sooner than May 2011. Jeeeeesh!

I hope someone becomes Caylee's hero. In most of these cases the victim has at least one family member willing to do the right thing regardless of love for the suspect (or their overly large gigantic egos). Justice for Caylee
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:55 pm